Four point Three.

[The description of this forum has been redacted to preserve player sanity. It may or may not involve Pandaren.]

Moderator: Guild Officer

Kyraine

Re: Four point Three.

Postby Kyraine » Mon Sep 19, 2011 7:20 pm

Oh, Arthas. Arrrrrthaaaaaa-

<WHACK>

Yes. That will be very satisfying.
░░░░░░███████ ]▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▃
▂▄▅█████████▅▄▃▂
I███████████████████].
◥⊙▲⊙▲⊙▲⊙▲⊙▲⊙▲⊙◤...

Illithias

Postby Illithias » Mon Sep 19, 2011 8:23 pm

4.3 raid preview.

Personally, I'm finding it very interesting that they've name-dropped the third Old God...
I am become Illithias, Destroyer of Worlds.

Tarq

Postby Tarq » Mon Sep 19, 2011 8:27 pm

It is here that the remaining aspects -- Alexstrasza, Ysera, Nozdormu, Kalecgos, and Thrall

HOLY SHIT PEOPLE YOU JUST CANNOT WRITE AT ALL CAN YOU
Now hang me by this golden noose
'Cause I never been nothin' but your golden goose
Silver tongue don't fail me now
And I'll make my way back to you somehow

Tarq

Postby Tarq » Mon Sep 19, 2011 8:28 pm

wait what

Archbishop Benedictus: Archbishop Benedictus is the revered leader of the Church of the Holy Light. For years, his wise guidance has been instrumental in seeing humanity through bleak times. Yet beneath his apparent benevolence lies the shocking truth that Benedictus has pledged himself to the eradication of all life on Azeroth through the agency of his dark master... Deathwing.

BRICU WUZ RITE

Threnn
Site Admin

Postby Threnn » Mon Sep 19, 2011 9:11 pm

Tarq wrote:wait what

Archbishop Benedictus: Archbishop Benedictus is the revered leader of the Church of the Holy Light. For years, his wise guidance has been instrumental in seeing humanity through bleak times. Yet beneath his apparent benevolence lies the shocking truth that Benedictus has pledged himself to the eradication of all life on Azeroth through the agency of his dark master... Deathwing.

BRICU WUZ RITE

And Noxilite was TOTALLY JUSTIFIED all those years ago:

Tarq

Postby Tarq » Mon Sep 19, 2011 9:12 pm

Loche in that screenshot = automatic disqualification for the moral high ground.

Lansiron

Postby Lansiron » Mon Sep 19, 2011 11:50 pm

I'm seeing the bad writing (Really? More Thrall? An even flimsier excuse than "CORRUPTION!" to fight friendly NPCs? No Chromatus, after all the buildup it got in the one book?), but I'm not see the "rushed" part of this.

It seems to me like this is a fairly natural conclusion to this particular story arc. The idea of seeing a bad future (simply a neat concept), going back in time to get a necessary weapon, then going back to a cool, lore-centric place like Wyrmrest for the finale looks fine to me.

Gryphonheart

Postby Gryphonheart » Tue Sep 20, 2011 1:04 am

Illithias wrote:4.3 raid preview.

Personally, I'm finding it very interesting that they've name-dropped the third Old God...

Didn't Chris Metzen announce the name of the Old God back during one of the panels at last year's BlizzCon?
My heroes had the heart to lose their lives out on the limb. All I remember is thinking I want to be like them.
Ever since I was little, ever since I was little, it looked like fun—And it's no coincidence I've come...And I can die when I'm done

Illithias

Postby Illithias » Tue Sep 20, 2011 1:33 am

Gryphonheart wrote:Didn't Chris Metzen announce the name of the Old God back during one of the panels at last year's BlizzCon?

Could well have, I'm not sure. This is the first I remember seeing a third god named, reckon it's quite likely it'll make an appearance in Warcraft 5.#
I am become Illithias, Destroyer of Worlds.

Shaila

Postby Shaila » Tue Sep 20, 2011 1:36 am

I'm really not seeing how going back in time to get a weapon that hasn't existed for a while now and never had power over Deathwing to begin with in order to use it against him after it's reforged by a shaman even though the reason Zuluhed the Whacked couldn't have power over the Demon Soul was because he was a shaman is any kind of natural conclusion.

Time travel is what you pull out when you haven't written your story well enough to provide your characters with the necessary tools to overcome their situation.

Or it's what you do when you're Chris Metzen and just don't care about the quality of writing at all and just put whatever latest super awesome badass ultra radical idea that's come into your head into the story.

Return to “Spoilers”