Four point Three.

[The description of this forum has been redacted to preserve player sanity. It may or may not involve Pandaren.]

Moderator: Guild Officer

Lansiron

Re: Four point Three.

Postby Lansiron » Tue Sep 20, 2011 1:56 am

Eh, he made the thing, stands to reason it could do something against him. The actual powers of the Dragon/Demon Soul were always kind of vague, and elaborating on it in this fashion is not in complete contradiction to existing info (though we have yet to know precisely how we're intended to use it, so jury's kind of still out there).

As for the time travel element, we've known for a very long time that a War of the Ancients CoT instance was coming out, and two things about this reveal make it actually seem like something to look forward to:

-That it's actually relevant to the immediate plot and not just "Infinite Dragons are fucking around here, go stop them".

-That they appear to have created a set of entirely new art assets for Zin-Azshari, making this the first true and accurate in-game look we'll get at the peak of night elf society.

I don't see any problems with this so egregious that it detracts at all from what it's supposed to be. Bear in mind the point of the design is to provide a coherent narrative that brings players all the way along to the final confrontation. It's not the best story ever told, and I can't imagine anyone isn't completely sick of Thrall by now, but it's a decent wrap-up for this arc.

Chrystenise

Postby Chrystenise » Tue Sep 20, 2011 4:54 am

Why don't they just tell Chryste that Deathwing called her gay?

Problem solved!

Lansiron

Postby Lansiron » Tue Sep 20, 2011 5:36 am

(lolcloset)

Shaila

Postby Shaila » Tue Sep 20, 2011 7:30 am

Haha wait the War of the Ancients?

I just realized this adds another group of time travelers on top of the group of time travelers that were already there.

Yo dawg I herd you like time travelers, so I put time travelers with your time travelers so you can time travel while you time travel.

Lansiron

Postby Lansiron » Tue Sep 20, 2011 8:11 am

Hey, you can keep your Kirin Tor dudes, but if Broxigar wants to join my party, he's more than welcome.

Bricu

Postby Bricu » Tue Sep 20, 2011 9:26 am

My $.02:

WoW is meta-plot. All of the machinations of the Aspects, Faction Leaders, Old Gods, Burning Legion etc are part of the game's over arching plot. Regardless of Blizz's initial intent, they have turned their plot points into meta-plot. By default, gamers get tired of metaplot. If we wanted to sit and be told a story of time travelling cthullu dragons, then we would play that particular game in small groups. The minute our stories are involved the games plot becomes meta-plot.

I am far more interested in Zeve and Shaila as worgen than I am in Greymane. I care more about Dorri and Kel than I do about the council of Belfs that rule in Silveryslums. Tarquin is a better boss than Shaw, and Naiara makes a better queen than anyone the Chin will ever have.

Blizz is shooting for the lowest common demoninator and giving us the set pieces for their game. We pay them money so we can tell the better stories. I still think its a bargain

Also, Tarq said I was right about Benedictius all those years ago (And last week) so I win the thread.
I drink to keep you pretty
--

Shaila

Postby Shaila » Tue Sep 20, 2011 5:00 pm

That's a really good point Bricu, and very true. I've said for a while now that the only two things keeping me in this game are the raids and the rp. Now that I've stopped raiding it's just the rp that's keeping me here, and I think it's worth it.

Galedorin

Postby Galedorin » Tue Sep 20, 2011 5:52 pm

Personally I find it interesting that we're actually going TO DA FUTURE in the Caverns of time.

Being one of those people who have occasionally taken part in varying continuity... Uh... 'Discussions' in the vein of Zelda, Final Fantasy, Quantum Leap (Ok, I didn't take part, I only read about that one) etc. getting a slice on an alternate future ala Back To the Future is very interesting to me.
After all, we all know that Deathwing's not gonna win, even if he is the first legitimate Big Bad Guy WoW has had. Rag? Stuck in a mountain. Kil'Jaden? Phoned it in. Old Gods? Sendin' minions to do their dirty work. Arthas? Held back.
Deathwing? Torched the world.

Agree with Bricu on the plot points.

But I'm waiting on experiencing the instances/raid before calling it lazy writing. (Excluding Thrall unless he gives me an even more bitchin' quest reward than last time)
I want to see the little details, see what plot points connect etc.

Besides, I've never been happy about gameplay/story segregation in the RP on WoW. (Though I do like thinking up ways around it.)
Never tell people how to do things. Tell them what to do and they will surprise you with their ingenuity.

Shad

Postby Shad » Tue Sep 20, 2011 11:54 pm

On the Dragon Soul:

Okay, yes, I know, I'm taking this from Knaak. Deal with it.

The thing about the Dragon Soul was that it was specifically made from the essence of all of the other dragons alive at the time except Neltharion. It had power over them because it held their essence. It should not have power over him.

Also, the thing that's bothering me? If we're stealing the Dragon Soul from the timeline at the point of the Sundering...then how...Dragonmaw...Alexstrasza...Dragon Soul? But...if...muh...

*splode*
I don't know if you know this, but baby bears are precious and soft. --Mylune

Tarq

Postby Tarq » Tue Sep 20, 2011 11:57 pm

Shad wrote:
Also, the thing that's bothering me? If we're stealing the Dragon Soul from the timeline at the point of the Sundering...then how...Dragonmaw...Alexstrasza...Dragon Soul? But...if...muh...

*splode*

well you see

Shad wrote:I'm taking this from Knaak.
Now hang me by this golden noose
'Cause I never been nothin' but your golden goose
Silver tongue don't fail me now
And I'll make my way back to you somehow

Return to “Spoilers”