King Varian Wrynn and The Lich King's purpose *HUGE SPOILERS

[The description of this forum has been redacted to preserve player sanity. It may or may not involve Pandaren.]

Moderator: Guild Officer

Shaila

King Varian Wrynn and The Lich King's purpose *HUGE SPOILERS

Postby Shaila » Wed Nov 04, 2009 1:38 am

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OE2yzIx9K6o

This is dialogue from after the end of the airship encounter in Icecrown Citadel.

...I agree with Jaina. I am SO proud of Varian.

Secondly, it appears that Uther will have something to reveal about the Lich King. Namely, he is the only thing keeping a completely out of control and bloodthirsty Scourge from ravaging all of Azeroth. This means they either need a substitute Lich King or the current one can't die. Arthas became the dominant personality to keep the Scourge from going too far out of control, as Ner'zhul would have allowed this to happen.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_eQYZ-aecXw Found the dialogue.

Delion

Re: King Varian Wrynn and The Lich King's purpose *HUGE SPOILERS

Postby Delion » Wed Nov 04, 2009 2:13 am

I never thought of that possibility, the Lich King dying and then the Scourge going nuts. Damn. We all sorta guessed that the Scourge would just, you know, fall down.
<Fells> I SEE YOU DELIPON
<Fells> YOU'RE A KLITTY

Shaila

Postby Shaila » Wed Nov 04, 2009 2:15 am

The only thing that doesn't quite fit here is, why then did the Forsaken simply regain their minds back when the Lich King lost control of them? Shouldn't they have gone psycho?

Shaila

Postby Shaila » Wed Nov 04, 2009 2:17 am

Also, I bet you ANYTHING that Super Bolvar is the one that takes over the Scourge.

Because he is Super.

Aleros

Postby Aleros » Wed Nov 04, 2009 3:11 am

GOOD NEWS EVERYONE

Varian's not such a dick after all

Beltar

Postby Beltar » Wed Nov 04, 2009 6:50 am

Huh. We've replaced King Varian Wrynn's normal douche with Folger's Crystals. Let's see what happens.

It's gonna suck even worse to be Horde in Cataclysm if it turns out that Wrynn is actually redeemable and Garrosh is truly the asshole we all think he is. Blizzard's sort of lampshaded the "human good, orc bad" Tolkien dynamic with Wrynn vs. Thrall, maybe it's time they switch it back to a more "normal" setting?

And the thing with Arthas and the Scourge does make sense. Although...if someone else has to merge with Ner'zhul and become the new Lich King after the current one is destroyed, isn't that just the status quo ante and Azeroth is still under the threat of Ultimate Ebilz? Or would it be possible for someone to do it and stop the growth of the Scourge? Interesting.

Tiforis

Postby Tiforis » Wed Nov 04, 2009 7:13 am

Delion wrote:I never thought of that possibility, the Lich King dying and then the Scourge going nuts. Damn. We all sorta guessed that the Scourge would just, you know, fall down.

I was always under the assumption that the Lich King functioned like the Overmind and his Cerebrates from Starcraft. As in, offing Arthas would do nothing to the Scourge, it would just be a mindless horde that would turn on itself and anything else because there is no will controlling it and guiding it.
I'm all man and all machine, a little sicko, little mean
I rock your brains out and you're sure to be damned
I lick your little finger then chew up your hand
for that's who I am: The Biomechanic man.

Chrystenise

Postby Chrystenise » Wed Nov 04, 2009 12:15 pm

Ok gusy no one but Chryste pick up teh Frostmournz when he dies!

Israia

Postby Israia » Wed Nov 04, 2009 1:02 pm

Cool possibilities:

Jaina becomes the Lich Queen. We get sexy boobs undead lich king.

Wrynn becomes the Lich King. We're fucked. Even if he isn't a total dick, he's got no common sense.

Saurfang becomes the Lich King. We're fucked. It's goddamn Saurfang.

Muradin becomes the Lich King. This is a lot less entertaining.

Highlord Morgraine becomes the Lich King. I also think this is less interesting, but maybe not.

Sylvanas becomes the Lich Queen. Icecrown Citadel in Cataclysm also functions as a major city for the Undead.

A player gets to become the Lich King/Queen, or the entire raid shares it, and they shatter the Scourge that way- they've shown the insane "Frostmourne Room" in pictures before, perhaps we all share the insanity and break the hold on the Scourge, then end the scourge there as well. Perhaps the latter is only a heroic mode achievement?

Thiyenn

Postby Thiyenn » Wed Nov 04, 2009 1:04 pm

A random murloc becomes the Lich King. All undead still exist, but now roam in packs that zerg you. Weaknesses: raw fish.

Return to “Spoilers”