Characters discerning the New Lich King's identity?

[The description of this forum has been redacted to preserve player sanity. It may or may not involve Pandaren.]

Moderator: Guild Officer

Chrystenise

Re: Characters discerning the New Lich King's identity?

Postby Chrystenise » Thu Feb 25, 2010 8:55 pm

PC 1: "Yo, Uther, dude, slap me some skin, cuz!"

Uther: "I'm a ghost, mate, but I can slap you some ectoplasmic goo."

PC 2: "Is anyone else strangely uncomfortable, or turned on by this conversation?"

uthas

Postby uthas » Fri Feb 26, 2010 12:56 am

Peter: "He's looking right at me Ray. I think he hears you."
A rhombus is the kind of rectangle a bitch would draw.

Shaila

Postby Shaila » Fri Feb 26, 2010 5:19 am

I still think a far better story for this "There must be a Lich King" thing would be "There must be a second identity to keep Ner'zhul reigned in".

It just makes far more sense to me. Think about it. When Ner'zhul was the only identity in the armor, the Scourge was truly a force to be reckoned with. They defeated the Nerubians, spread the plague through Northrend, crossed the ocean and proceeded to bring down Lordaeron and Quel'thalas, then summoned the Burning Legion en masse to the world.

Arthas gets into the armor? Lich King falls asleep for a few years, loses the Plaguelands, then loses just about every territory in Northrend.

I'm still grumpy about what the Arthas book did to Ner'zhul.

Zalbuu

Postby Zalbuu » Sat Apr 17, 2010 12:34 am

There was some discussion pretty much to this exact effect. The only reason that the Scourge have not eaten the entire world is that some of the residual "good" in Arthas is keeping them in check. Part of him is basically endlessly making excuses as to why he hasn't destroyed Azeroth yet. This also (sort of) explains the endless taunts without actual action throughout the Wrath leveling experience.

It's pretty terrible writing and poor logic at best, but it is a reason.
Fuck Force Unleashed on the Wii.
Fuck floppy drives.

Tiforis

Postby Tiforis » Tue Apr 27, 2010 1:49 pm

Shaila wrote:I agree, Uthas. There's also the fact that the last two times the Lich King lost control of his minions, they broke out into a horrible, ravening...functioning society capable of planning and rational thought. I refer of course to the Forsaken and the Knights of the Ebon Hold.

Because they both had a strong leader to rein them in and keep them in control, and you may notice that the forsaken are a bit fanatical when it comes to Sylvanas, Darion and the Ebon Blade are no different.
I'm all man and all machine, a little sicko, little mean
I rock your brains out and you're sure to be damned
I lick your little finger then chew up your hand
for that's who I am: The Biomechanic man.

Lansiron

Postby Lansiron » Tue Apr 27, 2010 2:14 pm

To be sure, though the Forsaken are fanatically devoted to Sylvanas, it doesn't seem quite the same with the Ebon Blade. It's not so much that they're loyal followers of Darion Mograine, but a group of people with a major common bond and an entirely mutual drive to accomplish a single task: To kick the Lich King's ass.

I really wonder what'll happen with them during Cataclysm. I'm suspecting that the Argent Dawn/Crusade will keep on going with Fordring at the helm (I suspect they'll be part of the cleansing of the Western Plaguelands), but the Ebon Blade henceforth lacks a solid objective--I hope they do something other than just say, "okay, now you guys just stick with your racial factions, and uh, I guess come here for training so Acherus can feel relevant".

(My wish? Another DK-only phased quest that sees Acherus moved to a new, central, plot-relevant location, like Deepholm or something, just to give the impression that they're staying on the front line).

Kyraine

Postby Kyraine » Wed Apr 28, 2010 7:57 am

(My wish? Another DK-only phased quest that sees Acherus moved to a new, central, plot-relevant location, like Deepholm or something, just to give the impression that they're staying on the front line).

This. Because I think part of the reason DKs are tolerated is that most of them are known to be a part of Acherus, they have to answer to someone, and they're useful in a fight. After the Lich King dies, what's going to give them a purpose? Sending them back to their factions, who I'm so sure will welcome them with open arms, does seem like a cop out. But making Acherus into some kind of force that does stay on the front lines, even if it's for no other reason than to give the death knights a purpose, would be more logical, and more beneficial for RP type stuff.
░░░░░░███████ ]▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▃
▂▄▅█████████▅▄▃▂
I███████████████████].
◥⊙▲⊙▲⊙▲⊙▲⊙▲⊙▲⊙◤...

Gryphonheart

Postby Gryphonheart » Wed Apr 28, 2010 2:16 pm

My Cataclysm predictions:

• Acherus will move to the Elemental Plane where it will become a new neutral floating city.
  • The Ebon Blade will aid the Cenarion Circle while the latter puts together the Cenarion Carnival. Later, they will join forces against Deathwing and create the Pollen Verdict.
  • Arator the Redeemer (Turalyon and Alleria's son) will become King Wrynn's sidekick. Sylvannas will hang out with Garrosh and frequently become all giggly.
  • Once Deathwing is defeated, Malfurion Stormrage will take one of the adamantium scales and place it on Cairne Bloodhoof, transforming the latter into the new Aspect of Earth. Cairne will then be sealed inside Deepholme after leaving the instructions "Tell everybody about this, Furion!" but the statue commemorating him won't have a clickable cutscene.
  • Just prior to the release of the following expansion, the Worgen and Goblins will go on an offensive to retake their homelands.
  • In the 5.0 patch, King Wrynn will abdicate the throne, ceding it to Arator and thereby priming the world (of WarCraft) for the following expansion, which will revisit Outland—now once again reforged into Draenor.

:lol:
My heroes had the heart to lose their lives out on the limb. All I remember is thinking I want to be like them.
Ever since I was little, ever since I was little, it looked like fun—And it's no coincidence I've come...And I can die when I'm done

Tiforis

Postby Tiforis » Sat May 29, 2010 3:35 pm

Lansiron wrote:To be sure, though the Forsaken are fanatically devoted to Sylvanas

And the Scourge are fanatically devoted to Ner'zhul, I honestly don't understand why people think that the Lich King needing a jailor of sorts is so outlandish.
I'm all man and all machine, a little sicko, little mean
I rock your brains out and you're sure to be damned
I lick your little finger then chew up your hand
for that's who I am: The Biomechanic man.

Narokor

Postby Narokor » Sun May 30, 2010 1:35 pm

To be sure it'd be the Scourge monsters that would find out first.

(Ghoul A) So.
(Ghoul B) Hm?
(Ghoul A) You hear about Ner'Zhul? Heard he lost it. Stepped down from CEO the other night.
(Ghoul B) What?! Right in the middle of 3rd quarter? How are we going to fill the corpse quota now? Wish for people to start dying?
(Ghoul A) Tell me about it. Heard he appointed that flaming guy from the photocopy room to take his place. Like there weren't plenty of others waiting for that job, huh.
(Ghoul B) He's gonna melt the whole damn board room. Better hope I'm not the one cleaning up the mess.
(Ghoul A) You hear we're getting moved out of WPL, too? Too bad. I was digging the bar outside Hearthglen.
(Ghoul B) For real. Heh. Wonder if they have the banshee shows every week in EPL? I'm gonna miss that.
(Ghoul A) Heh, yeah....uh oh. Human. Better get into character.
(Ghoul B) Huh? Oh, um....ahem. Raaarrgh! Errgh! Blaaarg!

(Unlucky Human Alt) Waaaaaaaagh!!

(Ghoul A) Aw, man...look at this. Going to cost a fortune in gold to get these bones dry cleaned.
You didn't ever make metal, buddy.
Metal made you.

Return to “Spoilers”