My Toxx

Miscellaneous babblings from the Wildfire Riders and friends!

Moderator: Guild Officer

Itanya_blade

Re: My Toxx

Postby Itanya_blade » Mon Sep 20, 2010 1:04 pm

Spartacus?

Aelflaed

Postby Aelflaed » Mon Sep 20, 2010 7:35 pm

Brown Rice and Black Bean Burrito Bowls: http://annies-eats.com/2010/01/06/brown ... ack-beans/

I leave out the corn (because I usually don't have any) and the cilantro (I'm allergic to it) and serve it with avocado, salsa, and low fat (NOT fat free) sour cream. It's super delicious, and quite cheap and healthy. You could also actually make burritos out of it, but that means having tortillas on hand, and yeah... I don't usually have those either.

As for my bread, I am using this method: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HSOoH686_b8 - Healthy Bread in 5 Minutes a Day - I use their basic recipe (halved, usually) - sometimes I futz with the percentages to add in rye flour, but not more than 1/4 of the total flour (Rye flour doesn't have much gluten, it has... polymer thingers? anyway - too much rye flour and your bread can get weird) - and put about 2 TBSP each ground flax seeds, wheat germ, and nonfat powdered milk in it. Plus whole flax seeds sprinkled on the top.

The key to this bread is letting it chill out overnight (or more) in the fridge, and baking it in small boules. The long rise lets you develop awesome gluten and also a lot of wheat and almost sourdough flavor, and small boules (either round or oblong) means it won't get stale. It's also really important to slash the loaf well, 1/2 inch slashes really, since otherwise it will kinda blow out the side when it expands. Adding the water to the oven (in a METAL pan) gives an awesome crust too.
[5.OOC] Beltar: Hammer of What The Fuck Were You Thinking

Effie

Postby Effie » Mon Sep 20, 2010 11:31 pm

Thank you thank you! I've watched the video, will be begging for the book as a Birthday present, and am making the rice/beans for dinner tomorrow. Can't wait to try it, Yum!

Israia

Postby Israia » Tue Sep 21, 2010 3:11 am

Okay: I've read everyone's posts here, thank you so so much. I've been trying to let my life calm back down since my cousin's wedding, I should be able to try more of these ideas(and more food in general) in the coming days for sure. I'll also try and go back and go over posts if I can.

Here's today's Toxx post from SA:
Okay, so, wanted to be sure I posted today(thanks Nerdy).

I've not fallen off the Toxx, just had an absolutely batshit insane wedding on Saturday that had the crazy start a day early. However, I've managed to completely stay on the program, save for being a day late on the couch to 5k program(didn't run because of recovering from the wedding. Lets just say it was a very, very active night).

At the wedding, I ate super healthy. Over half of my 'meal' was in slices of cantaloupe and watermelon, as well as the first strawberry I've had in a decade(remembered not liking them. They're not bad! Though, I should try one that isn't so tart, my 'date' said).

Otherwise; I've done more of that Hacker exercise plan every day, and have kept my intake low. On Friday, I hit 2057 calories; I've not gone over 2000 since. On top of that, my Carbs/Sodium/anything-even-remotely-bad intake has been below 80% according to the daily value amounts.

All in all, I'm doing well. Also, the energy is starting to come back a bit already, from the loss in calories. The hunger isn't as bad as it used to be.

The vast majority of my diet lately, has been peanut butter sandwiches, and chicken. The chicken is a plain chicken breast, baked. Probably going to be having some cod filets as my main course tomorrow.

Does this diet sound good to folks? I've been making the best effort I can, but I also feel like it is becoming too easy too quick. Is there something I'm not looking at that I may be overdoing in this chicken/peanut butter sandwich gig?

Israia

Postby Israia » Tue Sep 21, 2010 10:55 pm

Another post! Still no responding yet(Sorry! ><) because today my cousin came over and wanted me to do her job for her(no joke). Sorta took way too much of my time.

HOLY SHIT!

Okay, today is my first 'major' weight loss day so far. I weigh 314. SIX POUNDS LOST! YESSSSSS.

Also, today, while I was eating an apple, I asked my Dad for one(1) wheat thin. I've never tasted anything so good.

That shit is fucking evil.

Israia

Postby Israia » Thu Oct 14, 2010 6:21 pm

Okay, so! Wanted to give you guys an update.

This is still definitely going on. I've managed to find a few more things I like, and reach resolutions on others.

Spinach? Yeah, not so hot. It isn't horrible, but it's a LITTLE better than lettuce. Only a bit.

Chicken has turned into the biggest strength ever. I can have as much as I want(within consideration), and often I can't eat any more. It's brilliantly good.

The best breakfast I've ever had I've now had two days in a row: Half a chicken breast diced + Two scrambled eggs + Two small tortillas + Just enough cheese to hold it together = 600 calories OR LESS. Oh. AND IT'S FUCKING AMAZING.

The diet in general is going so well I'm down to 305. 15 pounds lost already! I'M GONNA MAKE IT! And then keep makin' it. This feels so good, so amazing. WOO!

Dalbarr

Postby Dalbarr » Fri Oct 15, 2010 9:08 pm

\o/ Good work Izzy. Keep it up!

Israia

Postby Israia » Mon Oct 25, 2010 3:44 am

So; This post is especially for you guys.

I'm 300. 300. I'm halfway there.

For the first time in years, I'm going to be seeing a 2 in the hundred's place of my weight. Yeah. Holy awesome cheeseballs, batman.

Note; I lost 5 pounds this last week- far more than others. Yet this week I cheated more than others(with me making horrible mistakes with Turkey Tacos- how can you stop at just two? Or four? Or six?!?). This isn't to say I'm gonna keep cheating; It just means that my body understands what is happening and it isn't being deterred. This is awesome; It means I can feel less massively guilty when I do screw it up. It just means I need to be stringent the following days(as I was this time- 3 days of 1300 calories will do that).

HALFWAY THERE AND TWO MONTHS TO GO!

Dravir

Postby Dravir » Wed Nov 03, 2010 7:30 pm

I demand updates sir! Continuing progress!
Avers: My God, the Anals o Darrowshire is a pain in the ass when you have four chicks who need it.

Israia

Postby Israia » Thu Nov 04, 2010 4:15 am

Dravir wrote:I demand updates sir! Continuing progress!

Heh, thanks, though what you're gonna hear is not good.

I had a bad week last week. Tons of stress from money/family/other issues. Despite eating perfectly, in fact being almost unhealthy with how little I was eating(2 days only 800 calories, most of the rest didn't break 1500, and none broke 1700), I gained that weight back.

I hit 305 last Saturday. It was disconcerting. And don't tell me "Oh you're plateauing". I'm over 300 pounds, plateauing doesn't exist.

I'm still being resolute, but it's taking its toll on my head. If I can go back down from 305, even if just to 302, then I'll be fine. I just am hoping for a lot better. I haven't deviated at all.

Return to “General”