Rated Battlegrounds PvP Group

Miscellaneous babblings from the Wildfire Riders and friends!

Moderator: Guild Officer

Israia

Rated Battlegrounds PvP Group

Postby Israia » Fri Dec 10, 2010 2:41 pm

So, a lot of us used to PvP back in vanilla. PvP lost a lot of its lustre for a lot of us with Arenas, and I'd bet a lot of that had to do with not being able to get decent gear for it, and the entry-level gear being absolutely painful to attain.

This isn't the case with Cataclysm: Now, rated Battlegrounds are here. You still want proper PvP gear, but you've got the HP to last without the gear. You'll just last better with it.

Rated Battlegrounds and Arenas give Conquest points now, which function much like PvE's valor points- the previous season's gear will only cost Honor Points, while Conquest points will contain 'current' season gear. The result is that you're never too horribly far behind.

The Rated Battlegrounds themselves can be attended in 10, 15, or 25-man groups, though the one I plan is primarily 10(if we get enough, 15 would be fantastic). I was wondering if anyone would be interested in this. There wouldn't be any formal leading, as PvP is more instinctual, but it would be about working together, cooperation, and smarts.

Not to mention, it's a lot easier to survive PvP than 5-man heroics these days. *Wink* So, anybody interested? If you are, say what nights you're available, and we'll see what we can pull together. Do note, this will be made to go around whatever most of our raiding schedules are going to be.

Imagine it to have a bit of the TRI atmosphere: Casual time schedule, but hardcore skill.

Bricu

Re: Rated Battlegrounds PvP Group

Postby Bricu » Fri Dec 10, 2010 3:42 pm

I have casual skill and hardcore time commitments... But PVP is something I am looking to do more of.
I drink to keep you pretty
--

Gryphonheart

Postby Gryphonheart » Fri Dec 10, 2010 5:28 pm

I'd be interested in this...eventually. I still have to get Cataclysm and level to 85 first, though. Availability is also kinda up in the air.
My heroes had the heart to lose their lives out on the limb. All I remember is thinking I want to be like them.
Ever since I was little, ever since I was little, it looked like fun—And it's no coincidence I've come...And I can die when I'm done

Galedorin

Postby Galedorin » Fri Dec 10, 2010 5:48 pm

ASKDJAFDJAG ARENAS BURN IN FIRE PLZ K THNX!

I wouldn't mind some effort in getting the pvps in again.
Never tell people how to do things. Tell them what to do and they will surprise you with their ingenuity.

Grendrak

Postby Grendrak » Sat Dec 11, 2010 12:03 am

hmmm. tempting perhaps. But It depends on time and such

Lansiron

Postby Lansiron » Sat Dec 11, 2010 7:06 am

I'm slightly interested, but I need to level up Lans-Hunter first, which may take however long. PvP looks kind of neat these days (and PvP armor looks even neater). Not sure how the rated BG groups will work so far as whether or not a strict number of people must be on a team, but it sure looks more interesting than arenas.

Israia

Postby Israia » Sat Dec 11, 2010 12:28 pm

Lansiron wrote:I'm slightly interested, but I need to level up Lans-Hunter first, which may take however long. PvP looks kind of neat these days (and PvP armor looks even neater). Not sure how the rated BG groups will work so far as whether or not a strict number of people must be on a team, but it sure looks more interesting than arenas.

Definitely requires a strict number, sadly. But we can make it work.

Gryphonheart

Postby Gryphonheart » Sun Dec 12, 2010 6:14 am

Lansiron wrote:...Not sure how the rated BG groups will work so far as whether or not a strict number of people must be on a team, but it sure looks more interesting than arenas.

There is a Rated Battlegrounds FAQ at http://us.battle.net/wow/en/blog/1171327#blog that provides some details about the system. ;)
My heroes had the heart to lose their lives out on the limb. All I remember is thinking I want to be like them.
Ever since I was little, ever since I was little, it looked like fun—And it's no coincidence I've come...And I can die when I'm done

Return to “General”