Christmas Project: Getting my mother into Warcraft

Miscellaneous babblings from the Wildfire Riders and friends!

Moderator: Guild Officer

Illithias

Christmas Project: Getting my mother into Warcraft

Post by Illithias »

So, with the holiday season upon us, it's that traditional time of scrabbling to purchase shit for your friends, family and foes (which covers the previous two, usually). I've been good this year - got everything sorted for the most part in the beginning of December, with multiple presents for people instead of the obligatory minimum of one apiece. I've gotten everyone sorted, except for my mother. Sure, I've gotten gifts for her, but there's just one more I need to get in order to smooth out the distribution numbers (these things are IMPORTANT to me, okay?!). I've been pondering, until I hit upon a hilarious (to me) idea; I'm going to buy her World of Warcraft, and see if I can get her into the game.

I will be documenting my project - perhaps even with photo-evidence if I can get my hands on something better than my phone. I'm not even sure why I'm putting it up here, expect that I find the idea hilarious and I've been giggling ever since I thought of it and wanted to share that mirth with you lot.

As a bit of background - my mother is awesome. Well, both my parents are, but we're not trying to get Sparky into Warcraft, so let's forget him. My mother has many reasons for being awesome, but computer specifically; she bought me my first PC when I was four years old, then proceeded to teach me how to use the command prompt, has worked in IT project co-ordination for the last twenty years, keeps up to date with online happenings and regularly pays me out on Twitter. She also had a Facebook long before I did. She's not a "gamer" gamer, but she enjoys her games - puzzle games specifically. She's a fucking boss at them. I once called her at home, and she informed me that at that time, she was currently in 12 (or 14? I can't remember) games of Online Scrabble. Simultaneously. And winning each one. So I reckon she'd be perfect for raid healing, obviously. ALSO people on Twitter don't mention this as she is skilled in the ways of Social Media and I don't want the secret leaking if someone mentions it @ me (Bricu I'm looking at you)

dear god I may have had too much diet coke this morning
I am become Illithias, Destroyer of Worlds.
Illithias

Re: Christmas Project: Getting my mother into Warcraft

Post by Illithias »

Eee hee hee hee hee hee - phase one complete.
I am become Illithias, Destroyer of Worlds.
Delion

Post by Delion »

I require more results.
<Fells> I SEE YOU DELIPON
<Fells> YOU'RE A KLITTY
Bricu

Post by Bricu »

Two things:

1) I will keep the twitter a secret for bribes.

2) Put together a petition, complete with space for pictures and ways to plead with Mother Illi personally, and I'll do it.

Bonus!

If you want, I can try and write up something on WTTRP for your mom as an attempt to get her to play the game.
I drink to keep you pretty
--