Totally IC

Miscellaneous babblings from the Wildfire Riders and friends!

Moderator: Guild Officer

Chrystenise

Totally IC

Postby Chrystenise » Fri Jan 16, 2009 1:04 am

This is being posted here, rather than the Totally Raids forums, as I feel I know the people who frequent this forum much more than a majority of the Totally Raiders.

Totally IC!

Okay, how to word this:

Cabby and I have been planning for some time now, with the coming of WOTLK and 10-man progression, to start a raid based around our 'heroes' marching forth into Northrend, and battling the dangers that threaten to destory humanity, blah blah blah.

The idea behind Totally IC is that we intend to have a raid that is fully in character, while maintaining a somewhat Srs Biz atmosphere to make sure that we do advance throught he content at a timely pace, so that we'll be able to see the new raids as they become released.

At current, we intend on working out a full round of raids, between Naxxramas, The Obsidian Sanctum, and The Eye of Eternity. We hope to move on to Ulduar in timely fashion, as to be perfectly honest, Naxxramas is not hard if you have 10 people who pay attention. Once the ten main folks have their pretty outfits and we feel are ready, we shall move on to Ulduar to conquer chubby statues and find out who that Yogg Saron guy is!

Not to make the wrong impression though - we're not intending to be serious to a point that it won't be fun. Bring your character ready to crush bone and cackle at jokes, as I'm sure we'll have a bevy of personalities present for the taking.

Our schedule is flexible at the moment. We intend to wait until we have near enough folks to actually form the raid before we decide which days. When we have that information gathered, we'll decide on what days and time the raids will run.

We're planning, to start, a two day schedule; as to an unprepared group, Naxxramas can be a long instance - as well as having time to try the two dragon raids outside of Naxx. If it turns out we're aces at this raiding thing, we may cut it down to the preferrable of the two days, giving us all more free time in our week to run heroics or whatever it is we do!

Now, there will be a few guidelines we'd like to follow.

-Coming Prepared to Raid: We may be initially putting a slight handicap on ourselves, as our raid will not be using any sort of voicechat program. In addition to both of the raid leaders being unable to use such programs, we feel that voice chat takes away from the in character experience of it all. However, while enjoying a more rich IC experience, peopl will very much need to be paying a lot of attention to their surroundings and the going ons of fights, as there won't be an officer calling things out on voice. We WILL be using a bigwigs type mod to assist with things, but beyond that, it's up to the individual to learn the fights and be prepared.

-Peforming up to Your Peers: We don't wish to have a weakest link. We don't want one person who seems to hold the raid down while everyone else does their job. For this, we intend to monitor performance and will be requiring minimum standards for our members to uphold. We expect folks to put in the time to have the appropriate gear to begin raiding, and we very much expect each to do enough research/practice on their class to be able to perform up to standard.

For our pure DPSers, we're hoping to expect between 1800-2000 DPS as a bare minium of performance. It's not too hard of a milestone to reach, and a raid in which all the DPS is pulling such numbers will be a very good raid for clearing Naxxramas. Of course, we understand that bad nights happen, and folks might not always pull such numbers, so don't worry that we'll be cutting people for bad luck. Elitist Jerks has very well-informed lists on every class as well, and using said knowledge on training dummies is a good way to practice and see where you're at.

As for healers, it's a little tougher to judge, but 1600 spell power, with a decent amount of regen is a good starting point.

We WILL be GLADLY assisting people in acquiring the gear needed to begin raiding Naxxramas. It is our raid after all, and we'd be Real Jerks to not assist our raiders to come prepared.

Gearing within the raid and common courtesy: When shiny purples drop, everyone gets happy. Even if it's crap, the enchanter glees! However, some shinies are shinier to others than they are to yourself. Before deciding you wish to take an item, please have the kindness to think of your other raid members and whether or not it is a bigger benefit to them or not. We'll be going back enough to get everyone what they need; and gearing your peers to a level equivalent to your own is much more beneficial than gearing yourself beyond the curve.

NO DRAMA: No definition needed. First and foremost, we're here to have fun. Neither Cabby or Gabby will allow this fun to be spoiled. Very low tolerance to drama. Period.

Don't Be a Dick: Golden Rule of TRI. Once again, no definition needed. You be a dick, and we'll Bobbit you. (and then pay Lansiron to draw humiliating artwork of your character in drag.)

The Roster:

We need ten people to do this. Ideally, what we need consists of a Tank, an Off-Tank, three Healers, and five DPSers. We currently have guaranteed, our Tank, that being Varenna. My role is still to be decided amongst my Harem of Alts, as well as the rest to be decided based on interest.

This is where all of you come in. We need our minature army of RPlolers to join us in our grand adventure for IC bragging rights. If you have interest, please sign up below!

Currently:

1. Varenna - Paladin Tank
2. ChrysteGenyCaileWho? - Warrior - Mage - Shaman thus far.

Please sign up below if interested. Tell us the character you intend to bring, as well as the role you prefer them to come as. Add in your professions as well, and any other information you feel we should have.

This is NOT a first come, first serve list. We will be weighing things on what we need to complete a cohesive and viable raid before anything else. Five melee DPSers is obviously a bad idea.

Varenna

Re: Totally IC

Postby Varenna » Fri Jan 16, 2009 1:06 am

*stamp of approval*
Personal isn't the same as important.

Bellesta

Postby Bellesta » Fri Jan 16, 2009 1:15 am

I would love to be a part of this, DPS or tankx. I get the feeling with the glut of tankx, even with a possibly free schedule ahead, I won't be needed for TRI's 25s, so I've been wanting to put myself into a 10man.

I'm open all nights, right now. While I am looking for a job, the prospects are grim. Seeking other (legal <.<) means to obtain money for school. (e-bay here I come...)

Shaila

Postby Shaila » Fri Jan 16, 2009 1:20 am

I would very much like to bring Shaila!

I would of course be dps, and Shai's professions are mining and engineering. I am very open to improving myself as a rogue, and will do what is necessary to do so!

Oh, and I'm free every night. I will be gone for school every Tuesday and Thursday from about 6am to 6pm. Otherwise I am free all day.

Manlite

Postby Manlite » Fri Jan 16, 2009 1:26 am

Feliche would totally be in if he's needed!

Grendrak

Postby Grendrak » Fri Jan 16, 2009 2:09 am

So many raids, so little time.....

uthas

Postby uthas » Fri Jan 16, 2009 3:20 am

I have a regular 10 man that I got on Tuesdays. However, should our raid not run, and not everyone wants to kill me, I would love to sub for you with Uthas. I OT in my regular raid. No worries if we don't line up though :) Let me know if I can help in any way.
A rhombus is the kind of rectangle a bitch would draw.

Jolstraer

Postby Jolstraer » Fri Jan 16, 2009 8:48 am

There is raid I've started going with on weekends with Xatra, but I'm not sure how it will pan out given our first week's performance (and lack of raiding on the second night). I have been chomping at the bit to go raiding with folks I know and trust, as opposed to getting introduced to folks once I get into the instance <:) If there is anywhere in which you can fit Mistah Jollah, I shall make myself available.

For the record, Jolly would preferably be of Tank persuasion, with the professions of Miner/Skinner providing absolutely little use to the raid ;)
Last edited by Jolstraer on Sun Jan 18, 2009 10:08 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"I left my home where the dead never rose
But the streets of gold i've yet to find
And at the end of the day all you can do is pray
Without hope well you might as well be blind, yeah be blind
Tomorrow comes a day too soon"

Miahala

Postby Miahala » Fri Jan 16, 2009 9:34 am

::raises a timid hand::

I would very much like to be a part of something like this that you all put together, 'cause you all are much <3s to me. I promise that if I am allowed to join, Mia will be un-crazy enough to be there IC.

The one bad point is that Mia is still pretty under-geared, so I would need help getting better gear for her. Since I don't work, as Jolly is a very nice man who allows me to be a stay-at-home wife and not over-work my chronic health conditions, I am thus available just about any time.

My only other possible commitment is the Raid Jol mentioned, but like him, I would be comfortable with a Raid of people I knew rather than people I meet in Naxx that night.

::is quiet now::
"Every man who's worth a damn feels fear. It's the use you make of it that counts." - 'Before They are Hanged' (by Joe Abercrombie)

Itanya_blade

Postby Itanya_blade » Fri Jan 16, 2009 11:21 am

I fully support IC raids... but from a distance. Last time I tried raiding both sides, I burnt myself out. Mostly because I love to raid and hate to say no.

That said, I will gladly cheer from the sidelines, while sneering ICly at the silly alliance!

Return to “General”