Me So Happy

Miscellaneous babblings from the Wildfire Riders and friends!

Moderator: Guild Officer

Chrystenise

Me So Happy

Postby Chrystenise » Mon Jan 30, 2012 7:52 pm

http://www.gameinformer.com/p/xcom.aspx

That is all that needs to be said!

Lansiron

Re: Me So Happy

Postby Lansiron » Wed Feb 01, 2012 1:49 pm

I have the magazine issue, and was reading about this. This looks like it could be really damn fun.

Chrystenise

Postby Chrystenise » Thu Feb 02, 2012 6:44 am

The original X-Com: UFO Defense is by -far- one of the best games ever made. Adding Firaxis and their legendary strategy game design to the mix, along with today's gaming capabilities? Happy times =D!

Lansiron

Postby Lansiron » Thu Feb 02, 2012 2:51 pm

The sheer scope of what they're describing this game is gonna be about is pretty insane as well. They've got everything from global resource allocation to individual soldiers with dynamic AI...like if one guy goes down, the guy next to him could keep steady, could freak out and run, or could go on a death-or-glory killing spree. And pretty much everything in between those micro and macro-levels of management.

I so hope this turns out well. It could easily become a spreadsheet of crazy numbers being thrown at you all the time, but if they do it right, it sounds damn near the pinnacle of the art of strategy games.

Chrystenise

Postby Chrystenise » Thu Feb 02, 2012 6:15 pm

Lansiron wrote:The sheer scope of what they're describing this game is gonna be about is pretty insane as well. They've got everything from global resource allocation to individual soldiers with dynamic AI...like if one guy goes down, the guy next to him could keep steady, could freak out and run, or could go on a death-or-glory killing spree. And pretty much everything in between those micro and macro-levels of management.

I so hope this turns out well. It could easily become a spreadsheet of crazy numbers being thrown at you all the time, but if they do it right, it sounds damn near the pinnacle of the art of strategy games.

The awesome thing is that all of that stuff was in the original too. The sheer scope of what they did with that game on the resources available in the late 80s was just epic. A valid tactic was actually sending your least-brave soldier out front because the aliens using psionics would pick on him before all others. XD

Return to “General”