Diablo III Server Choices?

Miscellaneous babblings from the Wildfire Riders and friends!

Moderator: Guild Officer

Aelflaed

Diablo III Server Choices?

Postby Aelflaed » Sun May 13, 2012 6:51 pm

Just checking on people's server choices here. Daug and I have a few friends who will be playing on the West Coast server, but I'd like to go where everyone is going!
[5.OOC] Beltar: Hammer of What The Fuck Were You Thinking

Bricu

Re: Diablo III Server Choices?

Postby Bricu » Mon May 14, 2012 8:02 am

this is a good question. I dunno where I'm going....

http://youtu.be/IGIHaKCeVYk
I drink to keep you pretty
--

Jolstraer

Postby Jolstraer » Mon May 14, 2012 11:01 am

Didin't realize there'd be server choices - I've been avoiding all news and info so I could be giddy with glee at everything. I've got a couple guys at work that I found out are just as excited about playing as I am, so now I'm torn!
"I left my home where the dead never rose
But the streets of gold i've yet to find
And at the end of the day all you can do is pray
Without hope well you might as well be blind, yeah be blind
Tomorrow comes a day too soon"

Itanya_blade

Postby Itanya_blade » Mon May 14, 2012 11:04 am

I dunno. Someone say somewhere and I will roll there.

Bricu

Postby Bricu » Mon May 14, 2012 1:37 pm

Aren't we grouped by "home area" for servers?
--

Bricu

Postby Bricu » Mon May 14, 2012 4:26 pm

ALso: Battletag--Pogue#1123
--

Gryphonheart

Postby Gryphonheart » Mon May 14, 2012 5:27 pm

As far as I'm aware, there is no distinction between servers in each region (North America, Europe, Asia, etc.), and even if there are, the fact that friends lists are region-wide and that much of D3's gameplay is handled similarly to the way RealID dungeons are handled in WoW means that choosing different servers makes no difference whatsoever. You'll be able to play seamlessly with friends regardless.

Additionally, Diablo 3 has a Global Play system that allows you to change your game to a different region, so you can, for example, play on the Europe region servers even if you bought your copy of D3 in North America. There are some limitations with Global Play (namely your characters and friends lists don't carry over, and you can only use the Real Money Auction House for your home region), but by and large this means that you can play with anyone in the world who is also playing D3.

If anything, other than the Global Play limitation above, the only problem with D3's seamless friends integration is that, as far as I'm aware, there's no way to stop friends from joining your game. So if, say, you want to play solo through normal difficulty so you can suck up all the juicy lore and story elements, your friends can still pop into your game to join you, even if you'd rather they didn't. Just be aware of that, and either let your friends know that you'd rather not be disturbed for your first playthrough, or unfriend everyone until you've reached the point where you're OK with them jumping into your game randomly.
My heroes had the heart to lose their lives out on the limb. All I remember is thinking I want to be like them.
Ever since I was little, ever since I was little, it looked like fun—And it's no coincidence I've come...And I can die when I'm done

Aelflaed

Postby Aelflaed » Mon May 14, 2012 7:57 pm

Ah - fantastic. We had a friend of Daug's send us a note and tell us he wanted to play on US-West, apparently assuming it would be the way it used to be.

For reference then, my battletag is JustOneAnna#1624
[5.OOC] Beltar: Hammer of What The Fuck Were You Thinking

Return to “General”