Wanted: A few good Red-shirts and one Heroic sacrifice.

Miscellaneous babblings from the Wildfire Riders and friends!

Moderator: Guild Officer

Malkavet

Wanted: A few good Red-shirts and one Heroic sacrifice.

Postby Malkavet » Mon Jul 30, 2012 12:34 pm

(( So - a villain is only useful if he provides genuine danger to the party, requires sacrifice to be thwarted, and provokes development and character-revealing choices in the hero(es).

Which means Malkavets need your collaborative assistance leading into MoP - or looking at the other side of the coin Malkavets can help you provide dynamic and rich opportunities for character development [or destruction, if you prefer - we're always in for destruction!] leading up to and into MoP.

In order to make it sell though there obviously need to be sacrifices. Real characters need to experience real loss and difficulty before overcoming circumstance and self to emerge on the other side of the climax. Thus the title of this thread.

So who needs a villain? And who can we kill? And what terrible decision would you like your character to face?

Interested parties apply below.))

Tarq

Re: Wanted: A few good Red-shirts and one Heroic sacrifice.

Postby Tarq » Mon Jul 30, 2012 2:04 pm

((So your ideas intrigue me and I would read your newsletter. On the other hand, defining Tarquin as anything resembling a "hero" requires a startling amount of moral flexibility. Still, PVP-centric Pandaria is just chock-full of possibility, innit?))
Now hang me by this golden noose
'Cause I never been nothin' but your golden goose
Silver tongue don't fail me now
And I'll make my way back to you somehow

Malkavet

Postby Malkavet » Mon Jul 30, 2012 3:41 pm

((Isn't it now? That was a thing I was also thinking.

I've been reading your latest, though I'm still not certain where you're headed with it ultimately. Whadya have in mind?))

Chrystenise

Postby Chrystenise » Mon Jul 30, 2012 5:57 pm

Tarquin eats the last of his roommate, Bricu's, corn nuts, just for the lulz. Bricu hires the really intense dude that works down at the coffee shop, Malkavet, to stage a fake robbery to scare Tarquin as revenge.

Things spire out of control when real robbers show up at the scene, led by the West Side Hipster Queen, Mulciber.

Tarq

Postby Tarq » Mon Jul 30, 2012 10:34 pm

Oh, Working Man's just a little slice of life. Now that I'm on Featherbook I realized there's a lot of active roleplayers who aren't really familiar with Tarq so I thought I'd illustrate who he is and what he does.

To be honest, I wasn't even sure until Feathermeet whether or not I'd actually be playing Pandaria. So now that I am, I'm sorta feeling my way forward with day-to=day RP. I have to find a way to get Tarq into the Horde-Alliance conflict, and I think the "Peace Meeting" might be it.
Now hang me by this golden noose
'Cause I never been nothin' but your golden goose
Silver tongue don't fail me now
And I'll make my way back to you somehow

Malkavet

Postby Malkavet » Tue Jul 31, 2012 10:33 am

Yes I think the peace summit could be an ideal opportunity to re-launch some classic conflicts. It's destined to fail of course - so I suppose we just need to find an interesting way to help it along...

Itanya_blade

Postby Itanya_blade » Tue Jul 31, 2012 10:35 am

The Belfs are going to contribute to that failure! In spectacularly drunk fashion, as usual.

Kyraine

Postby Kyraine » Tue Jul 31, 2012 6:29 pm

I am very much looking forward to the peace summit and its epic failure. I'll have Kyraine pack her crossbow.
░░░░░░███████ ]▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▃
▂▄▅█████████▅▄▃▂
I███████████████████].
◥⊙▲⊙▲⊙▲⊙▲⊙▲⊙▲⊙◤...

Return to “General”