This Is What Comes

Miscellaneous babblings from the Wildfire Riders and friends!

Moderator: Guild Officer

Ulthanon

This Is What Comes

Postby Ulthanon » Mon Oct 29, 2012 10:11 am

...When the Riders prep for war.

So apparently I'm the PvP officer around here, and having had Pandas running amok for about a month now, I figure this is the time to post about bringing the war to the Horde. We've got a lot of IC beef to hash out, and I'm sure that the storylines we craft (which I also expect to restart soon) will reflect that. But I don't only want to fight the Horde in carefully written fight scenes, and I'm sure you don't either. I want to actually roll out and stomp some tusks.

To that end! I'm posting here to measure interest in a concerted Riders PvP effort. Lemme know what your class and role is, your availibility, your experience in the field, and your favorite style of hat.

A quick set of notes-
1) I'm down to drop them like its hot most days; I'll PvP with most anyone for a round or two and some laughs. But that's not quite what this particular thread is about. This thread is to see who's serious about doing what it takes to get a respectable RBG/Arena rating; mainly, 1800 and above. If that's not your schtick, again- I respect that, and I'll gladly go with you for some random "waaagh its AV!" action, but at the moment I'm looking mostly for folks who're out for some serious blood.

2) Because that's the sort of person I'm looking for, I need people who can commit some time into running RBGs and Arenas- and the random BGs it takes to gear up for them.

3) Last but most importantly, I need people with good humor. We're gonna have days when we absolutely tear the still-beating hearts out of the chests of our enemies... and we're gonna have days when it's us looking up at our still-beating heart getting tossed around like a Happy Fun Rock. It happens. I need you to be able to take the good with the bad while keeping the breaking-the-monitor-with-a-spoon down to a minimum.

That said, who's up to avenge Theramore!
[Fells] says: I LOBE DACNIEBG kiTTLES

Tarq

Re: This Is What Comes

Postby Tarq » Mon Oct 29, 2012 10:26 am

Baseball is over; I need a couple days to get caught up on schoolwork and then I would sure as hell like to get to 90 and start stabbin' fools. So count me in. Probably less so for arenas, but RBGs sound delicious.
Now hang me by this golden noose
'Cause I never been nothin' but your golden goose
Silver tongue don't fail me now
And I'll make my way back to you somehow

Bricu

Postby Bricu » Mon Oct 29, 2012 12:52 pm

I'm in for RBGs and arenas. My goal after getting Bricu to 90 is getting a significant amount of honor gear. I can free up a regular day--possibly two during between classes--to make it work.

I will eventually have a monk ready for PVP. But there is no set time frame for that.
I drink to keep you pretty
--

Ulthanon

Postby Ulthanon » Tue Oct 30, 2012 8:13 am

Personally I'm going to be bringing Ulthanon or Andrick to this fracas. Ulth is by far my better toon; he's fully geared in S12 blues or (3) non-set pieces of S12 purples (ring, cape, neck). As much as I hate the spec in PvE, Beastmastery is just far and away the only acceptable option in PvP, if for no other reason than it gives you another trinket.
Andrick will be Holy, but currently has no gear. Still, I could pocket-heal some people who're similarly undergeared and we could have a grand old laugh about the whole adventure.

My favorite style of hat is certainly the pirate hat, but acceptable substitutes are viking horns, beer helmets, and a fez.
[Fells] says: I LOBE DACNIEBG kiTTLES

Yva

Postby Yva » Wed Oct 31, 2012 1:37 am

For rated BGs, you'd likely get me and Feliche. I already have a 3s team with you, but I know Scott and I were discussing a potential 5 with andy/sky/brody/fel/lore (She was iffy).

I'll talk to you.

Long story short, I know I'm only "sorta" in the guild, but Sky's around and geared. Feliche is, too.
So if you meet me have some courtesy, have some sympathy and some taste. Use all your well-learned politesse or I'll lay your soul to waste.

Illithias

Postby Illithias » Wed Oct 31, 2012 2:13 am

blah blah i like pvp blah blah timezones blah blah sucks to be me
I am become Illithias, Destroyer of Worlds.

Loreli

Postby Loreli » Wed Oct 31, 2012 2:18 am

I'm game. I've got the gear pretty much already.
"A little extra DPS never killed anyon... Oh wait."
"Still alive, I see. Clearly you're not trying hard enough."

Kyraine

Postby Kyraine » Wed Oct 31, 2012 6:20 pm

I like the pvps also but have nobody at 90 still (lulz) so when I hit 90 I'll post in this thread again. 8-)
░░░░░░███████ ]▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▃
▂▄▅█████████▅▄▃▂
I███████████████████].
◥⊙▲⊙▲⊙▲⊙▲⊙▲⊙▲⊙◤...

Bricu

Postby Bricu » Thu Nov 01, 2012 11:33 am

1) What days are people free?
2) What are you thinking about bringing?

for instance:

1) I'm free Monday, wednesdays and some sundays. If we have a specific day to PVP, I'll be in a better spot as I need to balance between game, work, school and family.

2) Bricu will be Holy/REt for PVP. Briku will be Mistweaver/Windwalker.
I drink to keep you pretty
--

Tarq

Postby Tarq » Mon Nov 12, 2012 3:33 pm

Update: I am now 90 and good to go. Pretty much any day but Tuesday & Thursday can be free; in practice, I tend to try and do things Friday & Saturday nights.
Now hang me by this golden noose
'Cause I never been nothin' but your golden goose
Silver tongue don't fail me now
And I'll make my way back to you somehow

Return to “General”