I had an unpleasant dream last night

Miscellaneous babblings from the Wildfire Riders and friends!

Moderator: Guild Officer

Shaila

I had an unpleasant dream last night

Postby Shaila » Thu Mar 12, 2009 12:08 pm

I dreamed that they were closing Feathermoon for some reason, and we all for one reason or another couldn't manage to move to the same server. I was very sad.

=(

I wish I'd remember some pleasant dreams once in a while, but it always seems to be the bad ones that I retain.

Bellesta

Re: I had an unpleasant dream last night

Postby Bellesta » Thu Mar 12, 2009 3:15 pm

I had a dream last night that my dog suffered a really bad laceration type injury, that wasn't life threatening at all if we could just get him to the vet to get him cleaned/stitched up. We eventually did. Then I was at a club downtown and a woman gave me a box of kittens and then ran. And I was spending the entire ride home trying to figure out how 2 explain sudden kittens in my house to my family.

Delion

Postby Delion » Thu Mar 12, 2009 4:08 pm

I had a dream that I was in a theatre without any pants on, and I kissed some guy that wasn't my boyfriend. I woke up in a daze and apologised profusely to Chris, who unsurprisingly didn't seem phased by it though I - in my half-asleep state - felt mortified.
<Fells> I SEE YOU DELIPON
<Fells> YOU'RE A KLITTY

Lansiron

Postby Lansiron » Thu Mar 12, 2009 6:05 pm

My dream last night had me in the shower like in the shower scene from Psycho, and that music started playing but it was on a a sitar and not strings (very, very hard to explain how that sounded) and in came not Norman Bates but one of the colossi from the video game Shadow of the Colossus, which I've been playing lately--that one sand-burrowing one that makes you shit bricks when you're fighting it and you turn around while you're running and holy shit it's head is like RIGHT THERE STARING AT YOU WITH THOSE HUGE SOULLESS EYES. Suddenly I was clothed again (in samurai armor, no shit) and running from the colossus across the Dragonblight in WoW, trying to lead effectively "kite" it to Wyrmrest Temple.

I...really need to write down my dreams more often.

Lansiron

Postby Lansiron » Thu Mar 12, 2009 6:21 pm

Illithias wrote:
Lansiron wrote:...

I...really need to write down my dreams more often.

Or lay off the computer games once in a while. Your subconscious is writing Warcraft/SotC cross-over fanfics, you realise.

How long until it starts writing Warcraft/Final Fantasy/Half-Life cross-over slash, huh?

Can't help it. It's what I do.

It helps that each night before bed I eat a full jalapeno-pineapple-and-mustard pizza.

At least, sometimes it feels that way.

If I sleep in, it's because I denied the wake-up call because it was only just then starting to get good.

Fingold

Postby Fingold » Thu Mar 12, 2009 6:29 pm

If I'm lucky, I'll remember (when I wake up) 5 dreams in a whole year. I say this because I hear you -always- dream, it's just matter of remembering it when you wake up. But from where I'm sitting, it looks like I never dream. QQz. I bet it's cuz I is black.
Strategery

Galedorin

Postby Galedorin » Thu Mar 12, 2009 7:06 pm

A couple nights ago, I had a dream where I was attending some wedding in a shoppingmall-like Mansion. There were small games and distractions for the reception, then the host suggested a Murder Mystery. The whole mansion was the playing ground and he gave out cards that held who the victim would be, and the contest would go on through the weekend. We were all invited to stick around the super-fancy mansion for free.

Well, it was less of a game than it seemed. One of the female guests was found dead in her suit, a nice pair of puncture marks in her neck. The guests panicked and tried to get out, but the outer doors were locked, so we were stuck in the mansion for the weekend. Guests were also dropping like flies.

Of course, there was evidence, a scrap of paper here, some curtain cloth there and general lack of struggle or movement suggested that the guests were being lured somewhere, killed, then put in their rooms while all the others were distracted.

So, I found the room and witnessed the Vampire finish off the groom! It was the host. Figures. Stealthily as I could I got the rest of the guests together and urged them to stake out a section of the mansion that had heavy doors. As the last few people filed in I knew one of them was the vampire, though he didn't look like the host. I took a silver candelabra that I had gotten the functionary to bless and fought him!

Insert standard epic battle that takes us all over the mansion, up to the roof, a storm passing overhead with rain and lightning making everything precarious. I shove the candelabra in the vamp's mouth, almost down his throat, and lightning finishes him off. He turns to ash as Vampires do.

Then we have another wedding where I marry the recently-widowed bride, after cleaning up the vampire victims in the mansion's incinerator with a funeral service.

Now, with that out of the way, I usually don't have bad dreams. My brain likes to parade my fears into my unoccupied mind while I try to go to sleep (fsker) or when I'm showering after waking up (Not as fsking.)
Never tell people how to do things. Tell them what to do and they will surprise you with their ingenuity.

Denne

Postby Denne » Fri Mar 13, 2009 12:33 am

Last night, my dream was that I was part of a small group of Skeletor's henchmen that survived the attack by the Blue Dragon Flight. Between them and the war against He-Man's bunch, we were admittedly kind of screwed and just looking for a place to lay low for a bit. A member of the Bronze Flight tried to get us to ally with them, but we weren't really up for it. Also, this all took place on a playground. A playground with blue dragons circling overhead.

Rashona

Postby Rashona » Fri Mar 13, 2009 7:25 pm

My dreams are usually weird beyond description, with a healthy dose of whatever computer game I'm currently obsessing over. (But no Bioware-influenced dreams, dammit.) And then there was the blessedly brief week I spent on Percoset, after the nublet and her C-section, in which my dreams remained weird but were now scripted by Frank Miller. *terror*

Jolstraer

Postby Jolstraer » Sat Mar 14, 2009 10:05 am

I dreamt that they made me get rid of Mia and take a Russian mail-order bride. I was not pleased with this.
"I left my home where the dead never rose
But the streets of gold i've yet to find
And at the end of the day all you can do is pray
Without hope well you might as well be blind, yeah be blind
Tomorrow comes a day too soon"

Return to “General”