What are you playing right now?

Miscellaneous babblings from the Wildfire Riders and friends!

Moderator: Guild Officer

Dravir

What are you playing right now?

Postby Dravir » Mon Jun 08, 2009 12:59 am

In the same line as the other threads... what other games are you playing or have played recently? Have a good PnP campaign or setting? Or are you connected to the X-Crate and PS30000000 like so many of us out there? (It's okay, I have one too.)
Or is there something shiny on the horizon that you're eagerly anticipating? (read: drooling like a hungry baby for.)

Myself, I'm playing through Mass Effect again, seeing how doing the main stories in different orders changes it up from the first time I played though. Because I want an interesting Mass Effect 2 next year.

And I hope to get a 4th edition game rolling soon, provided my players don't flake out.
Avers: My God, the Anals o Darrowshire is a pain in the ass when you have four chicks who need it.

Safira

Re: What are you playing right now?

Postby Safira » Mon Jun 08, 2009 3:36 am

Sim City 4 and Team Fortress 2 have taken up most of my non-wow game playing lately. Grizz bought me TF2, and I've taken to healing a bunch of Horde friends lately. Not very good at it yet, but it's entertaining.
ImageImageImageImage

Nykkolaia

Postby Nykkolaia » Mon Jun 08, 2009 9:18 am

Most of my computer 'play' is writing groups/Email RPG. Right now, WoW is the only game-game I play. (I've never done table-top.) And even for WoW, it's limited until I can get a new graphics cards. ::pokes her computer::

There is a game I want to try once I'm certain it's released in America: 'The Chronicle of Spellborn' - I only heard about it because my favorite band (Within Temptation) did some of the music for it, but it looks kind of cool.
"It ain't about how hard you can hit, but how hard you can get hit and keep moving forward; how much you can take and keep moving forward." ['Rocky Balboa']

Beltar

Postby Beltar » Mon Jun 08, 2009 11:25 am

When I'm not WoWing, I am heavy into Microsoft Flight Simulator 2004. That, and lately I've been playing back through the Half-Life 2 series, and dabbling a very little in TF2. Because I must fight for da samvich.

Chrystenise

Postby Chrystenise » Mon Jun 08, 2009 12:59 pm

I've been playing a ton of Neverwinter Nights lately. The severs Aria and Thain have both proved to be awesome as roleplay servers.

I just finished Final fantasy 6 for the umpteenth-bazmillionth and third time, but it was Advance this time, so it's different... Right?

Being too poor to buy anything new at the moment though, I've been unpacking a lot of Eric's old games, and let me say... Splinter Cell games are -fun-.

I still want to play The Witcher really bad. And a few MMOs look fun, but loldialup.

And if anyone here ever runs an online tabletop and doesn't invite me, I'll rip your face off, Lawnmower Man style.

Denne

Postby Denne » Mon Jun 08, 2009 1:46 pm

I'm currently playing Plants vs. Zombies on the PC alongside WoW. I had been playing The Maw but seem to have left it by the wayside for the moment.

Despite having some 20 unique game consoles, the DS has been my apparent system of choice for some time now. I recently completed the hardest challenges of Final Fantasy Tactics A2: Grimoire of the Rift and have finally taken it out of the system after some 140+ hours of play. I'm now working my way through Professor Layton and the Curious Village and will probably move on to Dragonquest IV following that. Oh, and I'll occasionally put in a few battles in The World Ends With You as I continue to level up my pins and take stabs at getting the last few I'm missing.

My most recent Wii-venture was Castlevania Judgment which is much more fun than the reviews suggested.

Galedorin

Postby Galedorin » Mon Jun 08, 2009 2:06 pm

Let's see... Other than WoW, I've gotten quite a bit into TF2 again thanks to the unlock system (even though now I'm getting a ton of duplicates) and a bit of Serious Sam, the Second encounter. On the RPG side of things, I'm thinking of doing another playthrough of Rudra no Hihou, and also trying out a Gametap Indie Aveyond (Semi-standard RPGmaker game.) Oh, and finally finishing FFXII.

I snagged Devil May Cry 3, Special edition awhile back, and have been playing through it slowly. Currently stumped at Angelwing Gargoyle thing, though I think I just need to lrn2dodgebetter.

I also usually have a PnP group on at Fridays, and we've got a couple games set up, DnD 3.5, Dark Heresy and Shadowrun.
Last edited by Galedorin on Mon Jun 08, 2009 4:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Never tell people how to do things. Tell them what to do and they will surprise you with their ingenuity.

Lansiron

Postby Lansiron » Mon Jun 08, 2009 3:21 pm

In between other video games...though I'm contemplating either finishing Dragon Quest VIII (huge game is huge...ongoing project), playing a random Final Fantasy, or getting some odd bit of fun for the PSP. Or buying a DS. And staring lustfully at FF13 and God of War 3 for the PS3.

However, a good bit of time is occupied running an ongoing 4e D&D Eberron campaign. I'm both making it up as I go along as well as pulling random elements from sourcebooks, so there's always quite a lot of prep-work to do.

Ceil

Postby Ceil » Tue Jun 09, 2009 1:29 am

I am always in a constant state of playing Magical Drop 3. I've also been dicking around on TF2 (steamID is valravne) and have a huge stack of RPGs (SaGa Frontier, Earthbound/Mother3, Cronowhatsit) to get through whenever I find the goddamn time. My biggest timesink is the RP channel I (and Loche!) run on IRC - we're on day 11 of a huge channel siege event, and we've been trying to GM combat and/or plot every evening, which is...rare. We also recently got a Dreamcast, so Soulcalibur is in near constant play. GOD THAT GAME IS SO AMAZINGLY PRETTY AFTER ALL THESE YEARS WAAAAUUUGGH

I'm also supposed to jack Tsoshen's computer to play Fallout 3, but see above time issue.

Lansiron

Postby Lansiron » Tue Jun 09, 2009 3:04 am

Ceil, did you say Mother 3? As in, the sequel to Earthbound that was on the GBA?

Please tell me you've actually found this in English, because DO WANT.

Return to “General”