In Which Totally Hivemind Has Two Choices

Miscellaneous babblings from the Wildfire Riders and friends!

Moderator: Guild Officer

Lansiron

Re: In Which Totally Hivemind Has Two Choices

Postby Lansiron » Mon Jun 22, 2009 2:51 am

This seems a good idea all around.

As has been said, the trickiest thing is going to be finding enough to fill all the requisite roles (two tanks, one offtank, three full healers, the rest, competent DPS).

If we can pull this off shortly, though, I can easily see us having a run to go on this coming Saturday.

Shad

Postby Shad » Mon Jun 22, 2009 12:26 pm

Lansiron wrote:Bricu, Haemon, Galedorin, and Beltar; if you're reading this, how do you feel about becoming permanent members, as tank, healer, tank, and DPS respectively? We've had you in the past, and your abilities here are not to be denied.

As much as I would like to and appreciate the offer, I really can't commit myself to Saturday night raiding. Saturdays are often full of other distracting RPs and real life events, and I don't think the raid would be the better for having me there wishing I were elsewhere.
I don't know if you know this, but baby bears are precious and soft. --Mylune

Beltar

Postby Beltar » Mon Jun 22, 2009 12:48 pm

The problem is, I can't. I was hoping to be able to bounce back and forth between Destril and Pill's Saturday night alt raid (on Illithanis) and Hivemind (on Beltar). So I can't commit to a Saturday night A-side raid on more than an alt basis.

Itanya_blade

Postby Itanya_blade » Mon Jun 22, 2009 1:08 pm

My cow!

MINE!

Bricu

Postby Bricu » Mon Jun 22, 2009 2:48 pm

i would love to part of a regular raid. That being said, my scheduling is all over the place. WEekends are also crazy for me. Saturday nights Shannon and I do go out or just spend time together. My desire to be a part of is 100%. My time, hwoever, marks it as difficult to get to.

If the time is from 7 server to 10 server, I'm not sure I can swing that. I will do what I can though.

(translation: I want to do it, and I will work on clearing out my schedule to nerd out. I may have to be a sub, but I will do what I can do to be a regular)/
I drink to keep you pretty
--

Hinote

Postby Hinote » Mon Jun 22, 2009 7:08 pm

*Wave*

So Chel mentioned on the Rose boards that you guys were having some trouble. As it happens, I'm trying to get a raid of my own started. Still in the development stages so far, but we've hit enough interest that I think it'll be possible. Chel and I discussed at some length last night her idea of sort of putting our raids together, so I figured I should come over here and discuss it a bit.

On my end, we're up to about 3-4 solid, for-sure members including a tank (namely myself) and a couple of healers, plus a few more maybes. A specific schedule hasn't yet been ironed out, but so far I'm leaning towards Saturday as the designated raid day, which seems to coincide with the general plan over here. Specific start time is yet to be determined, but will probably be sometime in the evening, maybe 5 or 6 server time. I was planning on wearing the raid leader hat for a variety of reasons (I've done it before, I've seen the instance before, yadda yadda), but I'd certainly welcome some kind of co-leader. I'm probably forgetting something, so I'll just go ahead and link my thread on the Rose boards, which you can look at here.

My only real concern is that we might end up with too many people who want to be regulars and not enough free slots, which would be kind of tragic for obvious reasons. It could be possible to organize some kind of weird rotation or something so we don't have a bunch of people just plain left out, but that's the sort of thing we'd just have to play by ear and take on a week-by-week basis.

Of course, I'd also understand completely if you guys would rather do your own thing. I just figured I'd come post here to get the idea a little more solidly on the table, since it seemed like a decent possibility. As I said before, we're still quite a ways away from actually getting anything started, so there's plenty of time for you guys to discuss whatever you want to do.

Lansiron

Postby Lansiron » Mon Jun 22, 2009 7:36 pm

Hail Hino! :D

I'd agree with the merging myself--at least, it seems like a very worthwhile possibility to look at. For one, the timeframe is coincidentally exactly what we were aiming for: 5PM to 9PM server time, Saturdays. For another, while we've got a few "confirmed" permanent members (Me, Chel, Shaila, possibly Chel's husband and possibly Nykkolaia and Jolstraer), everyone else is more or less a sub. It seems reasonably likely that by combining forces, we would in fact have a full compliment, counting those who're on-again-off-again as reserves if they're available/needed.

It also might be nice to continue Rose/Rider RP relations via the in-character raid vibe.

Now; are you down with that, though? Keeping things mainly IC, and not using voice chat? It can be arranged for some of us, to be sure, but for others, it's simply not an option.
Last edited by Lansiron on Mon Jun 22, 2009 7:49 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Shaila

Postby Shaila » Mon Jun 22, 2009 7:42 pm

The only thing I'm not really comfortable with is leadership that is not someone we already have in our group. I still very much look at this like a Riders and Friends group, and was actually really liking the idea of a Chel-Lans-Shai tri-leadership. I think it's a good balance of personalities, and I think it'd be a good opportunity for us to get into our raid-leadership shoes.

Lansiron

Postby Lansiron » Mon Jun 22, 2009 8:05 pm

I'd have to agree with Shaila there.

Thus, in the interest of a unanimously-approved-of individual as the "main" leader, I vote Chelody! (I mean, she's already leading one thing, why not another)

Myself and Hinote can serve as Imperial Commissar-esque Morale Officers.

Shaila can be the Good Cop.

I reserve the right to depict Varenna and Caile on the sidelines in skimpy cheerleader costumes.

Shaila

Postby Shaila » Mon Jun 22, 2009 8:11 pm

Sorry Lans. I know you said other things in that post, but all I can focus and agree on is the last sentence.

Edit: On a more serious note I would actually vote you as the "main" leader, Lans, though I'd rather stray away from the concept of a main leader. Otherwise we could have people tending to contact one person much more than the others. ...And I think Chel is loaded with that enough!

Return to “General”