Possible WoW Spoilers

Miscellaneous babblings from the Wildfire Riders and friends!

Moderator: Guild Officer

Elyle

Re: Possible WoW Spoilers

Postby Elyle » Tue Jul 21, 2009 6:58 am

Yeah, like I said I just don't see a need for another race period. At all really.

The only reason I would want to see worgen in game is that it would totally drag some idiots back alliance so I could walk through SMC without getting hit on.

Which, sidenote, I have been randomly asked to cyber like...four times out of the blue in whispers WHEN I WASNT EVEN ON THE SAME FUCKING CONTINENT AS THE PERSON. I hate my new faction as much as I hated my old one.

edit: These all occured within an hour of each other. Did someone spray me with elf-fuck musk or something?
Because there is good and there is evil, and evil must be punished. Even in the face of Armageddon I shall not compromise in this.

Beltar

Postby Beltar » Tue Jul 21, 2009 8:15 am

Because Alanth is just that much of a stud, dude.

Unless you were on Aljinda, in which case, roffle.

Tarq

Postby Tarq » Tue Jul 21, 2009 9:01 am

Just stopping in to request that, for the sake of blood pressure, we keep new race discussion out of the guild OOC channel.

Thanks! Carry on with this thread. :)
Now hang me by this golden noose
'Cause I never been nothin' but your golden goose
Silver tongue don't fail me now
And I'll make my way back to you somehow

Bellesta

Postby Bellesta » Tue Jul 21, 2009 12:51 pm

Lansiron wrote:Do bad RP'ers exist? Yes. Do we play with them? No. Do they want to play with us? Maybe, but we'll sure as hell set them straight before we let 'em in. Dismissing a perfectly legitimate idea just because someone lame also happens to like it is silly. We separate ourselves from that which we don't like anyway, because we know where our tastes lie--and bless us for that. <3

Another edit: That said, everyone's opinion shall still remain their own, to which they are welcome.

I wanted to quote this, and comment. I think it was well said, and something everyone needs to remember from time to time.

I have complete doubt that Worgen will be a player race. Serious jumping of guns, etc. But if they were, not everyone is going to get the same thing out of them. I sure as hell don't get much out of Deathknights on Bellesta, but I get a lot on Adel.

And not everyone is going to like them.

That said, the idea that 'We can't have nice things because that means others will have nice things too' is a stupid mentality to play by. Sure, what we define as 'bad rpers' are going to flock to a particular race/class (Blood elf is the current flavor of this, Night elves, prior to BC), but that doesn't mean that a race itself should be dismissed because of it. Bad roleplay comes from bad roleplayers, not poorly written lore or races.

Your fun shouldn't hinge on someone not taking the new pretty race and turning it into catgirl demon vampire. Or for a new race to actually be a demon, or catgirl, or vampire. (Or in this case, werewolf.)

Bellesta

Postby Bellesta » Tue Jul 21, 2009 2:00 pm

Threnn
Site Admin

Postby Threnn » Tue Jul 21, 2009 2:03 pm

DINOSAURS AS A PLAYABLE RACE OMFG GUYZ BRB REROLLING

Phileas

Postby Phileas » Tue Jul 21, 2009 2:18 pm

Monster masks! Cool! I just may have to get ahold of one of the murloc masks, cause those look too damned funny.

Galedorin

Postby Galedorin » Tue Jul 21, 2009 2:20 pm

Threnn wrote:DINOSAURS AS A PLAYABLE RACE OMFG GUYZ BRB REROLLING

wtb F14 of the Bear pst.

And I can see a new race far easier than a new class.

Dunno about werewolves 'cause for some reason I haven't picked up the quest that gets you started on the Scythe... No wait, I have, there's just a weird transition where I don't get the part to go into the Worgen Cave.

Meh. Someday.
Never tell people how to do things. Tell them what to do and they will surprise you with their ingenuity.

Fells

Postby Fells » Tue Jul 21, 2009 2:50 pm

Elyle wrote:Also no pandas, fuck that noise.
Objective truth: PANDAS ARE AWESOME

Itanya_blade

Postby Itanya_blade » Tue Jul 21, 2009 3:22 pm

For eating!

Return to “General”