Possible WoW Spoilers

Miscellaneous babblings from the Wildfire Riders and friends!

Moderator: Guild Officer

Varenna

Re: Possible WoW Spoilers

Postby Varenna » Sat Jul 18, 2009 3:28 pm

Dudes are doing some serious jumpings of the gun.
Personal isn't the same as important.

Lansiron

Postby Lansiron » Sat Jul 18, 2009 4:37 pm

That's what fanboys do.

If it turns out to be true (and I love how the one dude at mmo-champion.com is convinced beyond reason that it is) I think it at least works thematically. Lycanthropish-guys are a common fantasy trope. I can see how the race could be expanded upon and made to fit into Azeroth just as comfortably as the tauren and night elves (i.e. minotaurs and "dark elves") were made to do so in WC3.

I still can't shake, though, that draenei still feel a little "off".

(Though I suppose that could just as well be the air surrounding Caile's hookah collection)

Delion

Postby Delion » Sat Jul 18, 2009 5:39 pm

I am not holding my breath on more playable races.
<Fells> I SEE YOU DELIPON
<Fells> YOU'RE A KLITTY

Elyle

Postby Elyle » Sun Jul 19, 2009 9:14 am

If worgen or any lawl I'm a werewolf race becomes playable, it'll just be one more thing pushing me towards quitting.
Because there is good and there is evil, and evil must be punished. Even in the face of Armageddon I shall not compromise in this.

Bellesta

Postby Bellesta » Sun Jul 19, 2009 11:25 am

I actually could see Goblins and Worgens working into playable races, and I'll shamelessly admit that if Worgen was playable, I'd have one rolled in the first 10 minutes of expansion. I fucking LOVE Worgen and still QQ that I couldn't get my hunter up fast enough to tame the bugged one.

However, I highly doubt finding Halloween masks is a surefire sign of a new race in the expansion. That's a pretty huge leap. Now if they found models/starting zone areas/etc... well. Then I'd consider speculating.

Lansiron

Postby Lansiron » Sun Jul 19, 2009 4:08 pm

Elyle wrote:If worgen or any lawl I'm a werewolf race becomes playable, it'll just be one more thing pushing me towards quitting.

How is "lawl I'm a werewolf" any worse than "lawl I'm a minotaur", "lawl I'm an elven subrace", "lawl I'm a zombie", or hell, "lawl I'm a wizard"?

Tiforis

Postby Tiforis » Sun Jul 19, 2009 4:17 pm

This whole thing is no different then when Tuskarr were thought to be playable just because the models were mined from the Wrath beta. Taunka too, if I remember correctly.
I'm all man and all machine, a little sicko, little mean
I rock your brains out and you're sure to be damned
I lick your little finger then chew up your hand
for that's who I am: The Biomechanic man.

Gryphonheart

Postby Gryphonheart » Sun Jul 19, 2009 7:17 pm

Bellesta wrote:...

However, I highly doubt finding Halloween masks is a surefire sign of a new race in the expansion. That's a pretty huge leap. Now if they found models/starting zone areas/etc... well. Then I'd consider speculating.

It's certainly not a surefire sign, no, but the speculation is based on the fact that Tom Chilton (I think, may have been some other Blizzard exec) stated that they'd do a better job of seeding future playable races before adding them to the game. This was one of the lessons they learned from the WTF and lorelol reactions when they introduced the Draenei.

Is it possible that worgen and goblins will be the next playable races? Possibly. The same is still possible for naga, murlocs, gorlocs, wolvar, gnolls, kobolds, those really beefy troll berserkers, centaurs, dryads, keepers, wisps, vrykul, ogres, mok'nathal, etherials, pandaren, furbolgs, those little smily-faced bubbles that occasionally pop up whenever you're underwater, or any of the dozens upon dozens of other sentient creatures that already inhabit the known WarCraft universe, and probably a few dozen that we don't know about yet.

For all we know, those masks may just be something we get or use for a Hallow's End quest, kinda like the Budd's Guise of Zul'aman item from the ZA quest chain. I can see us having to use a worgen mask during a Hallow's End quest in Shadowfang Keep or Grizzly Hills or something. I can also see the masks being worn by NPCs, and not available to players.
My heroes had the heart to lose their lives out on the limb. All I remember is thinking I want to be like them.
Ever since I was little, ever since I was little, it looked like fun—And it's no coincidence I've come...And I can die when I'm done

Delion

Postby Delion » Sun Jul 19, 2009 9:00 pm

There's also the neutrality to think on. Goblins? Seriously, neither faction has any better claim to them, as they're almost entirely neutral (or neutral enough that they just go where the profit is regardless of politics).

Worgen (or what looks to me like a different strain of the worgen species - they look more civilised and less beast) have been speculated to be what is in Gilneas. And I think that'd be a pretty neat take on it - but, still, its a completely neutral place.

I don't think they'll be playable if they turn up. And if they do, its either gonna be a neutral faction (which will not happen, srsly) or no one can argue either way which faction gets what.

Delion doesn't want worgen in Stormwind. They're worse than Draenei. >:|

But man, whatever the hell they do, its gonna be awesomesauceum. And I could be so so wrong on my guesses.
<Fells> I SEE YOU DELIPON
<Fells> YOU'RE A KLITTY

Varenna

Postby Varenna » Sun Jul 19, 2009 9:12 pm

Poor Delion.

Dog hair. Dog hair EVERYWHERE, on EVERYTHING.
Personal isn't the same as important.

Return to “General”