Create-a-Rider

Miscellaneous babblings from the Wildfire Riders and friends!

Moderator: Guild Officer

Aleros

Create-a-Rider

Postby Aleros » Fri Jul 31, 2009 4:34 pm

Or what Aleros does when he plays with the Aion character creator.

Aionquin

Mage Fogrum, otherwise known as Fogrin

Avers
Size Comparison

Eeeeeeva
Sizes

Lansiron

Re: Create-a-Rider

Postby Lansiron » Fri Jul 31, 2009 9:08 pm

Wow...looking into Aionquin's eyes makes me feel dirty inside.

Though really, these are strangely awesome.

The game sucks though, right? It's a Korean MMO, if I recall correctly...those things are contractually obligated to be not good. =_=

Varenna

Postby Varenna » Fri Jul 31, 2009 9:24 pm

Aion is supposed to be pretty awesome actually. I've seen a bit and it looked like there was potential.
Personal isn't the same as important.

Chrystenise

Postby Chrystenise » Fri Jul 31, 2009 9:26 pm

Lansiron wrote:Wow...looking into Aionquin's eyes makes me feel dirty inside.

Me too, but for totally different reasons, I'm sure.

Elyle

Postby Elyle » Fri Jul 31, 2009 9:41 pm

Are you ready for Lineage....WITH WINGS?!?!?!?
Because there is good and there is evil, and evil must be punished. Even in the face of Armageddon I shall not compromise in this.

Galedorin

Postby Galedorin » Sat Aug 01, 2009 2:03 am

Lansiron wrote:The game sucks though, right? It's a Korean MMO, if I recall correctly...those things are contractually obligated to be not good. =_=

No, they're contractually obligated to be Grind-intensive. Suckitude depends on how much you mind that >.> <.<

But I am liking the degree of Character Creation at least.
Never tell people how to do things. Tell them what to do and they will surprise you with their ingenuity.

Delion

Postby Delion » Sat Aug 01, 2009 3:29 am

At level 25 it apparently turns into a PvP grindfest. But looks nice for a while.
<Fells> I SEE YOU DELIPON
<Fells> YOU'RE A KLITTY

Aleros

Postby Aleros » Sat Aug 01, 2009 1:38 pm

So I'm taking requests for create a rider. Aion is only playable every other weekend during the beta so it has to be by the end of the weekend or wait 2 weeks. I'll need physical description and specifics of facial features. Some will obviously be easier because of pre existing Lans art that I've seen. And preferably an instant message contact so I can run it by you when it's close to done. Can't do nelves but elf ears are available for paleskin versions. Gnomes and dwarves are doable via the body size controls.

Elyle

Postby Elyle » Sat Aug 01, 2009 5:40 pm

Delion wrote:At level 25 it apparently turns into a PvP grindfest. But looks nice for a while.

Huh, I was sort of kidding with the lineage comment. But it appears I was right.

God I love being right.
Because there is good and there is evil, and evil must be punished. Even in the face of Armageddon I shall not compromise in this.

Aleros

Postby Aleros » Sat Aug 01, 2009 5:57 pm

The quests are a little bit grindy after 20... i.e. go kill 20 of this thing and 20 of this thing and come back to me and this and that thing are kind of hard to find. But I have yet to run out of quests to be honest, and PVP levels are separate from PvE ones. My only complaint is that it's incredibly linear. There is no variation among the factions. Everyone does the same quests are it's a funnel to level 50 instead of having a wide variety of zones to pick from. Although at level 20 I did find that there were two zones with the same level quests, and it's probably possible to do one zone and not touch the other and still get to the next tier of zone just fine. 1-20 is a funnel though. I found out the reason they make asian games this way. The asian crowd likes to game in big groups in grottos or net cafes and that's how they hang out. Where most other cultures live too far apart to really get together, and we just get together every few nights. That's why the grind MMO has become sort of the standard for asian MMOs. They seem to have made it ungrindy enough though for the American audience.

Return to “General”