Heads up

Miscellaneous babblings from the Wildfire Riders and friends!

Moderator: Guild Officer

Aleros

Heads up

Post by Aleros »

Chaos's GM, Caulle, got hacked. She's the safest person I know as far as computer security goes, so it was strange hearing she got hacked. My advice to everyone again is get an authenticator! If you have an iPhone it's free to download as an app but you do have to have merged your account with battlenet. I thought I was incredibly safe as well, but hearing she got hacked prompted me to download it on my iPhone and apply it.
Aleros

<UPDATE> Urgent

Post by Aleros »

Chaos had more account hackings today, and some people from various tankspot guilds got hit. They've confirmed it as an attack on flash users, and if you go to any flash site and haven't updated your flash player recently then you need to go do so now or you are at a high risk of getting hacked.

http://get.adobe.com/flashplayer/
Lansiron

Re: Heads up

Post by Lansiron »

I've been hearing some crazed rumors about there actually being Blizzard Authenticators in stock now.
No doubt they'll be gone by the time I click "submit", but keep refreshing that page anyway. >_>
Bricu

Post by Bricu »

The app has been ported to a number of other smart phone oses. If you change phones, however, read everything really carefully. Otherwise, you delete too much.
I drink to keep you pretty
--
Aleros

Post by Aleros »

Yet another Chaosite hacked due to the flash attack, if you've updated you're probably good for now, but I still highly recommend the authenticator. As Bricu said it's now available for many of the newer smart phones with 3G. Otherwise they appear to be in stock at the Blizzard store right now (Alternate link for all you non US people). Shipping costs are waived on all authenticator orders, and at 6.50 it seems like they're really just making these things at cost. Blizz wastes a ton of man hours on fixing hacked accounts, so I think they're all too enthusiastic to get these to people.
Last edited by Aleros on Tue Aug 04, 2009 4:14 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Nykkolaia

Post by Nykkolaia »

They are in stock as of... fifteen minutes ago, because I was finally able to order one.
"It ain't about how hard you can hit, but how hard you can get hit and keep moving forward; how much you can take and keep moving forward." ['Rocky Balboa']