Interesting Picture in the Sunken Temple

Miscellaneous babblings from the Wildfire Riders and friends!

Moderator: Guild Officer

Shaila

Interesting Picture in the Sunken Temple

Postby Shaila » Thu Oct 01, 2009 4:14 am

So I never noticed this before, but one of the carvings in the Sunken Temple does indeed appear to represent several different races in it, two of which the trolls who carved it couldn't have known about.

Someone took a picture and posted it elsewhere.

The middle face looks like a goblin, while the face on the left edge of the carving looks like an orc facing you. The face on the right edge of the carving looks like a draenei, with that face tentacle looking thing from beneath its eye. The face on the top middle could be a troll, while the face in the top right corner could be a human or even a titan.

Now this could be absolutely nothing more than an intriguing little easter egg, but I did still think it was interesting.

Denne

Re: Interesting Picture in the Sunken Temple

Postby Denne » Thu Oct 01, 2009 9:18 am

I look at that and think "Ooh, sliding block puzzle!" Rearrangement undoubtedly creates a clear picture of Captain Placeholder.

Shaila

Postby Shaila » Thu Oct 01, 2009 3:36 pm

And thus all became clear.

Tirith Elohn

Postby Tirith Elohn » Thu Oct 01, 2009 6:59 pm

Shaila wrote:So I never noticed this before, but one of the carvings in the Sunken Temple does indeed appear to represent several different races in it, two of which the trolls who carved it couldn't have known about.

More than that: if this is a texture from the original release of the game, as I believe it is, the "draenei" image is one the developers wouldn't have known about.

For some reason, I am perfectly okay with this. If a fundamental violation of the nature of the universe has occurred, it would be in freaking ST.

Lansiron

Postby Lansiron » Thu Oct 01, 2009 10:15 pm

I'm thinking it's just a pleasant coincidence. The portraits hit that nice balance between "generic designs" and "definitive representations" that leaves you wondering.

Return to “General”