Macro syntax

Miscellaneous babblings from the Wildfire Riders and friends!

Moderator: Guild Officer

Gryphonheart

Re: Macro syntax

Postby Gryphonheart » Mon Dec 01, 2008 5:06 pm

Unless Aura A and Aura B are both stances, you'll probably need to use script for such a macro, which means I can't really help you. However, for basic macros, you can always check Cogwheel's Complete Macro Guide and various other good macro-writing resources stickied on the official UI & Macros Forum.
My heroes had the heart to lose their lives out on the limb. All I remember is thinking I want to be like them.
Ever since I was little, ever since I was little, it looked like fun—And it's no coincidence I've come...And I can die when I'm done

Fingold

Postby Fingold » Mon Dec 01, 2008 7:42 pm

Yeah, I think back in the day they disabled all abilities to have macros "make decisions" for players on that patch that broke every single mod known to man. I remember it as the one where Decursive hit the dust. Was it 2.0?
Strategery

Gryphonheart

Postby Gryphonheart » Tue Dec 02, 2008 1:22 pm

Just out of curiosity, what exactly did you want to macro? You may not be able to make a smart macro to do what you want, but you could potentially create a dumb one with pseudo-similar effects.
My heroes had the heart to lose their lives out on the limb. All I remember is thinking I want to be like them.
Ever since I was little, ever since I was little, it looked like fun—And it's no coincidence I've come...And I can die when I'm done

Galedorin

Postby Galedorin » Tue Dec 02, 2008 4:23 pm

Looks like he wanted a macro to use slam if Bloodsurge procced.

All I can really say is lrn2procwatch >.> <.<

Edit: Also, scrolling combat text lists it as !Slam! or something to help. Though I can't always fit it in, especially with tons of AoE going around and things dying all at once.
Never tell people how to do things. Tell them what to do and they will surprise you with their ingenuity.

Return to “General”