So!

Miscellaneous babblings from the Wildfire Riders and friends!

Moderator: Guild Officer

Yva

So!

Postby Yva » Thu Dec 10, 2009 3:55 pm

A warning to folks. Rosie got reported for saying the word 'fucking' in say. Literally. I'm not kidding. It's only a warning, so it's no big thing, but I swear less than you know, Tarq so . . .

You uhhh.

May need to change some of your say RP up. Or locations therein. Nothing ever happened in the Pig, but this happened in Dalaran.
So if you meet me have some courtesy, have some sympathy and some taste. Use all your well-learned politesse or I'll lay your soul to waste.

Grendrak

Re: So!

Postby Grendrak » Thu Dec 10, 2009 4:51 pm

Someone needs to learn to turn on their language filter I think. That sucks.

Itanya_blade

Postby Itanya_blade » Thu Dec 10, 2009 6:11 pm

Per Blizzard's ToS, the language filter is not there to permit language against the ToS, but rather to protect minors as needed.

Tarq

Postby Tarq » Thu Dec 10, 2009 6:13 pm

That's fucking retarded.
Now hang me by this golden noose
'Cause I never been nothin' but your golden goose
Silver tongue don't fail me now
And I'll make my way back to you somehow

Yva

Postby Yva » Thu Dec 10, 2009 6:46 pm

I can get /why/ but . . . Rosie's more mild than a lot of the others so. More worried this'll happen to someone else.
So if you meet me have some courtesy, have some sympathy and some taste. Use all your well-learned politesse or I'll lay your soul to waste.

Shaila

Postby Shaila » Thu Dec 10, 2009 6:52 pm

I've always been worried this would happen with one of my friends whose character(s) cause their dialogue to be a bit more colorful. Please be careful guys.

Itanya_blade

Postby Itanya_blade » Thu Dec 10, 2009 7:51 pm

Likely it was just the wrong person walking by to catch the language. I'd chalk it up to you stealing my luck for a day.

Elyle

Postby Elyle » Thu Dec 10, 2009 7:56 pm

How the hell have I not been banned?
Because there is good and there is evil, and evil must be punished. Even in the face of Armageddon I shall not compromise in this.

Kyraine

Postby Kyraine » Thu Dec 10, 2009 9:31 pm

What the fuck?

Seriously though, I didn't know it was reportable. You can't say fuck in say? /puzzled
░░░░░░███████ ]▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▃
▂▄▅█████████▅▄▃▂
I███████████████████].
◥⊙▲⊙▲⊙▲⊙▲⊙▲⊙▲⊙◤...

Gryphonheart

Postby Gryphonheart » Thu Dec 10, 2009 10:17 pm

Kyraine wrote:What the fuck?

Seriously though, I didn't know it was reportable. You can't say fuck in say? /puzzled

No, technically, you're not allowed to say it (or any word that is normally filtered out by the profanity filter, if it's turned on) anywhere in game. Furthermore, it's still technically a violation if you censor the profanity yourself via typing in random symbols, as that's still considered masked profanity. However, Blizzard will only enforce the language restrictions in certain channels (default global chat channels, say, yell, party, raid*, battleground, etc.), and not in channels that are considered 100% voluntary (guild/officer chat, custom chat channels, etc.). Remember, though, that Blizzard doesn't do this proactively, but they will take action if someone reports it.

Really, though, the easiest way to make sure that you never get a warning, suspension, or ban is to just read and familiarize yourself with the Terms of Use so you can make good judgements about what (and where) you can get away with, and what you should steer clear from, especially around strangers.

*: This might only apply to some raids, like the automatic raid groups in Wintergrasp. I'm not sure if they'll enforce it in normal raids, too, but generally speaking you should probably keep the cursing to yourself if you're in a raid group with strangers, because you never really know if they'll get offended and report you.
My heroes had the heart to lose their lives out on the limb. All I remember is thinking I want to be like them.
Ever since I was little, ever since I was little, it looked like fun—And it's no coincidence I've come...And I can die when I'm done

Return to “General”