Sunday 10-mans: Required Reading if you're interested

Miscellaneous babblings from the Wildfire Riders and friends!

Moderator: Guild Officer

Tarq

Sunday 10-mans: Required Reading if you're interested

Postby Tarq » Thu Dec 10, 2009 6:30 pm

Hey, guys. As many of you know, Yva and I have been working on various 10-man Icecrown stuff, including a Sunday run that is planned to be a casual, RP-based sort of thing. There’s been a lot of interest expressed in this raid, far more than we can cram into a balanced 10-man group; instead of just beating our heads against various Excel spreadsheets, we thought we’d talk to you about it.

I’m going to get the slightly dickish bit out of the way first. We already bent over backwards when it came to setting up the Monday 10-mans, which led to splitting up to lead two separate raids and doing a whole lot of awkward juggling to accommodate personal requests and roster balance. We’re not doing that again. Sorry. If someone else is interested in leading a second Sunday (or whenever!) raid, we’ll absolutely throw support to that and recruit for it if needed. But the basic point of our starting this group is to have a fun raid, playing a couple alts, and bringing some people who aren’t getting to see the content otherwise.

That said, knowing we can’t make everyone happy, we want to take our best damn shot at it. One of the things about this raid is that its inherent character – casual progression group, IC war-party, ten people fucking around in a new instance – isn’t set in stone. To a degree, that’s up to the will of the majority; we’ll see what people want to do and run the group accordingly. At the same time, though, if you’re hoping for something out of the Sunday raid that’s not likely to happen (like “Serious heroic progression” or “100% IC in raid, all boss explanations RPd”) then you should explore other possibilities.

So, here’s how you can help us out – respond to this post, and answer a few questions about what you’re looking for from this raid and what the raid has in you. If you don’t respond to this post, we’re taking you out of consideration. Not to be overly hardass, but if you can spare 4 hours for a raid, you can spare 10-20 minutes for a forum post. The converse is not true – posting here doesn’t guarantee you consideration. If we haven’t already talked to you about the raid in some fashion or another, sorry, but we don’t have a spot; if we need subs or we hear about a second raid we’ll keep you in mind.

1. What character(s) would you like to bring to this raid? What role(s) do they play? (Assume that we’ll be doing a bit of Trial to help gear people up, and there’s awesome loot from the new 5-mans anyway.)
2. Are you seeing the content on any other characters?
3. Are you going to be consistently available on Sunday evenings, around 5-9 server? Are you open to “platooning” with another player and swapping off raids? (Not necessarily our solution; just something bounced around.)
4. If another raiding opportunity in the same time frame, drawn from the same general pool of “WFR and friends,” were to crop up, would you be interested? How about leading it?
5. What do you want out of this raid? Roleplay opportunities, loreLOL, progression, dick jokes on vent, awesome-looking T10 gear…wax eloquent. Are you going to get upset if someone calls you out for Standing In It? Will it frustrate you to stand around a boss’s corpse chatting IC while we hand out loot?

Reply as promptly as you can, please, and feel free to include anything else you think might help us out. Be assured, we’re not looking forward to benching people; we wish we could bring everyone to kick ass, take names, and then talk about it. But the game is what it is, and we’ll do our best. Thanks, guys, and we’ll see you in Icecrown!
Now hang me by this golden noose
'Cause I never been nothin' but your golden goose
Silver tongue don't fail me now
And I'll make my way back to you somehow

Tarq

Re: Sunday 10-mans: Required Reading if you're interested

Postby Tarq » Thu Dec 10, 2009 6:31 pm

Example answer type things

1. Jak, a Frost Death Knight (with a possibility of Blood.) I’m comfortable as MT, OT, or melee DPS.
2. I’m seeing the content on Tarquin, two days a week in 25s and Monday nights as well in 10s.
3. I can promise consistent availability. I am not open to platooning for this raid.
4. Not interested in joining/starting a parallel raid.
5. I’d just like an opportunity to play Jak, to co-lead a raid with Yva, and to experience the content in a more laid-back, RP-heavy setting than my other two raids. I’m not going to Stand In Fire because I’m too busy cybering in tells*, and I am going to mention it if someone’s periodically screwing up an element of the fight, but I’m also not going to beat myself or anyone else up if we have an off-week. As long as we’re not actively wasting each other’s time, I’m cool.

*Unless Gabby comes along, then I can’t promise anything.
Now hang me by this golden noose
'Cause I never been nothin' but your golden goose
Silver tongue don't fail me now
And I'll make my way back to you somehow

Grendrak

Postby Grendrak » Thu Dec 10, 2009 7:31 pm

1. I would like to bring Grendrak (he does that healing thing)preferably or Melrin (he does the tanky/DPS thing) if needed.
2. I am seeing 25's two days a week and a 10 on Monday with Melryn already.
3. I should be consistently available every Sunday yes. Platooning is possible so long as I am with people I know, otherwise what is the point? :D
4. I would not be interested if I was already in one. I may be a Gemini but the whole dual personality thing only goes so far. I don't consider myself to be a good leader except when I have to be so no.
5. Mostly I want the opportunity to be around people who I enjoy hanging around with and making off color jokes, (typically WFR and friends) get myself back into the RP groove I have fallen out of for the last year or so, and get shiny epics while doing so (BONUS!)
Last edited by Grendrak on Thu Dec 10, 2009 8:32 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Itanya_blade

Postby Itanya_blade » Thu Dec 10, 2009 8:06 pm

1) Cylinn (Tank eventually) or Tarelyn(I can do it all). I could try and learn how to DPS on a warrior... I never have and I have to admit, it feels wrong to even say it.
2) I tank a 10 men on Dorri, DPS and lead a 25man on Dorri, DPS a 10man on Pill, Heal a 10man on Then and heal and assist a 25man Ony run on Then as well. (Oh look, Pill raids too much. lawl)
3) I can be consistent or I can platoon. Though, I would prefer to be considered a sub, just for my own sanity. I can burn myself out.
4) I would be interested and No, HELL NO, do not want to lead anything else. I lead one raid and help organize another. Plus, I am just not Aside enough to feel comfortable bossing people around. Except Tarq. :O
5) I miss you guys bunches and would love the chance to hang with some of you again. I will not get upset if someone harassed me for standing in crap, I don't mind RP conversation and mostly it sounds like fun. All that being said, I would really just be interested in subbing. I still might crash vent just becasue I can.

In short: When Cylinn and Tare are 80 and somewhat geared (because god knows I can be obsessive about that stuff), I would love a chance to sub if it is out there. By the same token, if you refuse me I willl do some highly grandiose QQing. Well no, not really. At worse, I would crash vent, make noises that I pretend are jokes and run off.

Threnn
Site Admin

Postby Threnn » Thu Dec 10, 2009 8:27 pm

1. Threnn, primarily, for teh healz. Anna's available for DPS, but most of her gear is iLevel 200ish right now, so it'd take some gearing before she's ready to shadowpewpew with the big kids. You don't want me healing on Annalea. No, really, you don't. Disc might be bullshit, but a) her gear's not there and b) I have no idea what the fuck I'm doing when it comes to priest healing. Also, she still doesn't have a glyph of levitate on her disc spec, so you wouldn't want to bring her scrub ass along anyway.

2. Seeing it as Davien in 25s, one night a week.

3. Yes and yes.

4. Only if the other opportunity was a) mostly WFR and friends and b) the same kind of environment: a casual progression, IC kind of raid. I'm so not a raid leader. I'm an officer in the THC raid, but I'm kind of the moral support, behind-the-scenes officer. Sometimes they make me be master looter, but yeah. You don't want me arranging groups or explaining boss fights.

5. Primarily, I want to hang out with friends and RP. Progression's nice, but I don't expect us to be bleeding edge, chasing after server firsts. I think I do all right with Not Standing In Fire most of the time. If I'm screwing up, I want to be told that in a constructive way. And standing around a boss' corpse RPing while loot happens? I'm usually one of the guiltier parties, there.

Here's the thing: if I'm actively healing, I'm not RPing. I can't. If I stop healing, even briefly, to type in /raid or /say or to construct an emote, my tank's going to fall over (believe me, this has been tried and tested; it ain't pretty). So chain-pulling and running right from dead boss to next trash pull might get us through the instance faster, but that means that at the end of the night, I've spent three or four hours healing and not RPing, even if everyone else around me has had time to chat while casting or stabbing things. Do I expect sweeping, hours-long epic RP after every pull or boss kill? Nope. But the opportunity for a little downtime for character progression would be keen.

<3s

Tiforis

Postby Tiforis » Thu Dec 10, 2009 9:16 pm

1. I'd be bringing Mr. Tiforis, one man cleave team.
2. Other than 25s on Tif, no.
3. Being around isn't a problem for me, although I am keen on something consistent.
4. I'm always interested in ten mans raids, not so much as a leader, though, don't think I'm much for leading.
5. I'm honestly just keen on raiding because I enjoy it. The badges and such will certainly help towards Shadowmourne, of course, but I'm just there to RP and kill things, really. I'm easy to please.
I'm all man and all machine, a little sicko, little mean
I rock your brains out and you're sure to be damned
I lick your little finger then chew up your hand
for that's who I am: The Biomechanic man.

Chrystenise

Postby Chrystenise » Thu Dec 10, 2009 10:25 pm

1. What character(s) would you like to bring to this raid? What role(s) do they play? (Assume that we’ll be doing a bit of Trial to help gear people up, and there’s awesome loot from the new 5-mans anyway.)

-After talking with Yva, we decided on Chryste. I am very much open to bringing someone else if need be, however. Just please no more mage, I really do hate the class right now. XD

-I wish.

3. Are you going to be consistently available on Sunday evenings, around 5-9 server? Are you open to “platooning” with another player and swapping off raids? (Not necessarily our solution; just something bounced around.)

-I will be. Not really interested in swapping around, but whatever needs to be done.

4. If another raiding opportunity in the same time frame, drawn from the same general pool of “WFR and friends,” were to crop up, would you be interested? How about leading it?

-Possibly, though I'm in no real position to bargain on where I go. I'd rather not lead, unless I could secure a connection i'd be 100% on.

5. What do you want out of this raid? Roleplay opportunities, loreLOL, progression, dick jokes on vent, awesome-looking T10 gear…wax eloquent. Are you going to get upset if someone calls you out for Standing In It? Will it frustrate you to stand around a boss’s corpse chatting IC while we hand out loot?

-To have fun, and not miss out on the point of this entire expansion, and the main story of Azeroth since WC 3. Nice loot and a frostwyrm would be sexy too though. I won't get mad over criticism, though if my cyber tells are interrupted by someone telling me what to do, the eye-burning mistell is your own fault!

Yva

Postby Yva » Thu Dec 10, 2009 10:44 pm

Yva, mage, max deeps or mediocre deeps depending on my day. Trial geared, ready for next content. I can also sub in as a healer should it be required.

Yes, 25's on Darrows, a monday night ICC progression raid on Darrows.

Yes I am available, I'd prefer not to platoon especially if I'm leading.

I'd prefer to stay with Tarq as we are separated on Mondays and I enjoy raid leading with him. Or something.

Roleplay is my first priority for this run, but that being said, I do not want to only see a single boss in an evening because we're waxing philosophical about our first boss. I want a nice mix of serious attempts and rp. I am not interested in leaning too heavily one way or another.
So if you meet me have some courtesy, have some sympathy and some taste. Use all your well-learned politesse or I'll lay your soul to waste.

Manlite

Postby Manlite » Thu Dec 10, 2009 10:53 pm

Bairix! Pretending to be maxdeeps.

25's on Feliche, 10's on Feliche.

Available every last Sunday, can platoon if necessary.

I suck at leading, don't mind raiding with whoever, though.

Roleplay, seeing wickedass content from the bosses ass instead of bosses dick. And roleplay gear.

Varenna

Postby Varenna » Thu Dec 10, 2009 10:58 pm

Varenna, prot and ret. I'm comfortable as melee DPS. I'm more than comfortable as MT. I don't make a good OT.

Not at present.

I can promise consistent availability. I am not open to platooning.

I could take part in a parallel raid if necessary but would prefer not to. Leadership is made difficult by no vent, but I could co-lead if necessary.

Varenna exists to kill Arthas. I think progression and RP are not mutually exclusive. Something on the order of the previous Wednesday run with more RP in it would be ideal.
Personal isn't the same as important.

Return to “General”