Sunday 10-mans: Required Reading if you're interested

Miscellaneous babblings from the Wildfire Riders and friends!

Moderator: Guild Officer

Zalbuu

Re: Sunday 10-mans: Required Reading if you're interested

Postby Zalbuu » Sat Dec 12, 2009 2:40 am

1. What character(s) would you like to bring to this raid? What role(s) do they play? (Assume that we’ll be doing a bit of Trial to help gear people up, and there’s awesome loot from the new 5-mans anyway.)

Tom or The Jerk. Ranged and melee DPS, respectively.

2. Are you seeing the content on any other characters?

Yes, Zalbuu is seeing the content on 25 man.

3. Are you going to be consistently available on Sunday evenings, around 5-9 server? Are you open to “platooning” with another player and swapping off raids? (Not necessarily our solution; just something bounced around.)

Yes, and while I prefer not to "plantoon" I would at least be open to discussing it.

4. If another raiding opportunity in the same time frame, drawn from the same general pool of “WFR and friends,” were to crop up, would you be interested? How about leading it?

That would be dependent on the cohesiveness of the other raid. I suppose I could lead.

5. What do you want out of this raid? Roleplay opportunities, loreLOL, progression, dick jokes on vent, awesome-looking T10 gear…wax eloquent. Are you going to get upset if someone calls you out for Standing In It? Will it frustrate you to stand around a boss’s corpse chatting IC while we hand out loot?

A good mix of progression, roleplay, and dick jokes. No, I quite expect to get called out for Standing In It. IC chatting would depend on the length: 2 minutes I would enjoy, 10 minutes would frustrate me.
Fuck Force Unleashed on the Wii.
Fuck floppy drives.

Kyraine

Postby Kyraine » Sat Dec 12, 2009 12:28 pm

1. What character(s) would you like to bring to this raid? What role(s) do they play? (Assume that we’ll be doing a bit of Trial to help gear people up, and there’s awesome loot from the new 5-mans anyway.)

Edited- Azaar (DK) is committed to a guild raid. Frost tank, or unholy DPS. Oroleus (paladin). He's ret, and while I do have a holy offspec, I don't have the gear or experience to heal raids. I'll be working on that, along with gearing up Kyraine (prot/fury warrior).

2. Are you seeing the content on any other characters?

Saturday nights with my death knight for 10 man, yes.

3. Are you going to be consistently available on Sunday evenings, around 5-9 server? Are you open to “platooning” with another player and swapping off raids? (Not necessarily our solution; just something bounced around.)

Yes I am, and am posting as a potential substitute, so platooning is also fine.

4. If another raiding opportunity in the same time frame, drawn from the same general pool of “WFR and friends,” were to crop up, would you be interested? How about leading it?

Yes to raid, no to lead.

5. What do you want out of this raid? Roleplay opportunities, loreLOL, progression, dick jokes on vent, awesome-looking T10 gear…wax eloquent. Are you going to get upset if someone calls you out for Standing In It? Will it frustrate you to stand around a boss’s corpse chatting IC while we hand out loot?

I'd better get called out for standing in it. Nothing worse than putting the noob in retnoob. I'd like to go to see the content, meet some new folks, get a chance to raid (because my main's guild is mostly West Coast, and well, I'm stuck on the wrong side of the country at the moment). RP is excellent, and T10 gear sounds real good. Clearing the place would be fun to see the lore and what goes on in the entire instance, but I don't mind taking my time at doing so. Better to cruise along and have a good time. Anything else is just icing on the cake. I posted here to list my two as potential substitutes, being aware that the main raid's full.
Last edited by Kyraine on Mon Jan 11, 2010 8:03 pm, edited 1 time in total.
░░░░░░███████ ]▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▃
▂▄▅█████████▅▄▃▂
I███████████████████].
◥⊙▲⊙▲⊙▲⊙▲⊙▲⊙▲⊙◤...

Fells

Postby Fells » Thu Dec 17, 2009 5:29 pm

I DON'T KNOW WHAT ANY OF THIS MEANS

Itanya_blade

Postby Itanya_blade » Thu Dec 17, 2009 6:25 pm

It means level moar noob

Denne

Postby Denne » Thu Dec 17, 2009 6:27 pm

We expect Avers and his entourage to comprise half of a Naxx group in the near future, Fells. Get on it.

Yva

Postby Yva » Sat Dec 19, 2009 1:01 pm

Hokay. So Tarq and I talked and there are /way/ more people interested in this than originally planned, so we're going to rotate folks in on a weekly basis. I'll use the calendar system in game to get invites out there and will tap folks on the shoulder from week to week to step out. There are a lot of really awesome people in this thread that want to see content, and we're going to make sure everyone does. If the sitting out ends up annoying you and you want to join another raid, that's cool, we get it. I'm going to try to get folks into at least 2 raids a month. Obviously raid composition is A Thing, too, so if /our healers/ get to go every week, don't cry about it! I'll keep track of who goes and who gets to sit to make sure it's fair, kay?

Thanks all.
So if you meet me have some courtesy, have some sympathy and some taste. Use all your well-learned politesse or I'll lay your soul to waste.

Return to “General”