Hey Tarq

Miscellaneous babblings from the Wildfire Riders and friends!

Moderator: Guild Officer

Matsujin

Hey Tarq

Postby Matsujin » Fri May 07, 2010 9:08 pm

In Australia at the moment; won't be back in the States for another 3 weeks or so. I tried to get ahold of you before I left, but you and Bricu were pretty tied up in some RP up in Grizzly Hills, and I didn't want to bother you. Tufak just emailed me and said he was able to get in contact with you recently, which was an IC request from Elawo, and I just wanted to shed a bit of light on that storyline.

Probably common knowledge at this point, but Matsu'jin died following an attack by Kunikiko several months ago. Elawo found his body, worried that all the stuff his father worked for would be destroyed if people knew he died, and decided to pretend to be Mats until a better solution presents itself. Around this time, Tufak approached Mats (er, Elawo) to help cure a friend who was seriously poisoned. Elawo agreed to help, for a price. They offered gold, jewelry, weapons, etc, but Elawo wasn't impressed. He asked them instead to do him a favor.

For a long time now, I've been considering that Matsu'jin was addicted to drugs, like opiates, and very recently, I've taken a liking to the idea that he was actually a Shattered Hand sleeper agent, who provided him with drugs and sort of warped his perception of reality to fit their agenda. Perhaps all the people he went after for IC reasons were actually Shattered Hand targets, and Mats was turned against them for political reasons. He'd have made a pretty decent deniable asset; being a powerful shaman that's notoriously unstable. One of my ideas along that line was that Matsu'jin was turned against Tarquin because he believed Tarq killed his wife, but perhaps Elawo is discovering in his father's journals that Mats never had a wife, so perhaps the entire thing was set up by the Shattered Hand as an attempt to eliminate Tarquin. Maybe Mats was tricked into thinking he had a wife he loved and cared for, who died at Aerie Peak, but it's not true.

At any rate, I had to ask Tufak to do SOMETHING for me, and I decided to run with that idea by having them find Tarq and tell him Matsu'jin was never married. I didn't expect any big cross-faction RP to happen, partly because I know you're super busy with your own WFR stuff; I just wanted to get the message out there and see where it went.

I'll try again to get ahold of you when I get back to America in a few weeks. Take it easy guys.

love,
nathan.
You must beat the drum to hear its sound.

Return to “General”