Drinking and us.

Miscellaneous babblings from the Wildfire Riders and friends!

Moderator: Guild Officer

Dravir

Drinking and us.

Postby Dravir » Fri May 14, 2010 6:44 pm

Because it had to be done: What drinks do our resident Riders and associates enjoy the most? Shots, martinis, blends, what tickles your fancy?
Edit: Do not list 1 million different beers or wines.

Tryston's List

Tom Collins: Gin, Lime juice, simple syrup, tonic.
Apple Pie: double shot of apple liqueur and butterscotch schnapps with a dash of cinnamon
Fire Crotch: Take one guzzle from a bottle of Red Sourpuss and a bottle of Fireball at the same time.
Mark's Juice: Something that Mark gave me last year. He said it was juice, it tasted like rum. I didn't ask questions.
Avers: My God, the Anals o Darrowshire is a pain in the ass when you have four chicks who need it.

Duugvilder

Re: Drinking and us.

Postby Duugvilder » Fri May 14, 2010 6:56 pm

If I'm drinking beer, for the most part I'm drinking Sam Adams' delightful selection of brew.

Do I have cash to throw away? Then I'm buying a bottle of Gentleman Jack and drinking that. With ice.

Am I neither rich nor poor, but not in the mood for beer? I buy a bottle of Captain Morgan's or Captain Morgan's Tattoo (dark rum) and mix with whatever soda I have kicking around.

If I'm in Canada, I'm either drinking Rickards or Caesars.

If you're buying, or if I'm cheap, I'm drinking what you're drinking...or stealing it. :?

Tiforis

Postby Tiforis » Fri May 14, 2010 7:07 pm

Mostly beer, I don't waste time with hard liquor.

I usually prefer Rickard's or Molson, but the Granville Island stuff here is really good.
I'm all man and all machine, a little sicko, little mean
I rock your brains out and you're sure to be damned
I lick your little finger then chew up your hand
for that's who I am: The Biomechanic man.

Chrystenise

Postby Chrystenise » Fri May 14, 2010 7:10 pm

I'm not big on liquor... So uhh.

Killians beer.
And for liquor, either Canadian Buttershots, or Vodka and whatever juice it mixes with - it doesn't matter, because I always regret vodka. Always.

Matsujin

Postby Matsujin » Fri May 14, 2010 7:28 pm

You must beat the drum to hear its sound.

Lansiron

Postby Lansiron » Fri May 14, 2010 7:33 pm

Medium-to-dark beer, such as Shiner Bock, Newcastle, Guinness (but only if I get to drink it from a glass--doesn't taste right from a bottle, for some reason). Of those three, I can easily declare Shiner my favorite--it's a local-ish brew here in Texas, but I'm not certain that it's very easy to find anywhere else. It's just got everything I want out of beer.

And as far as liquor goes, I like rum of basically all kinds (Sailor Jerry's probably would be my favorite brand), Jack Daniels, and that "Irish creme" stuff, whatever it actually is. Also, love a basic gin & tonic. Very refreshing, and best drank outside on a night with good weather.

I can't say I'm much of a 'snob' as drinking goes, and if you pass me one, chances are I'll drink it just because. I don't particularly enjoy the sensation of being super-drunk, so I'm not a very heavy drinker, but I find myself really like the flavor of alcohol itself. I mix booze into a drink for the same reason I'd put hot sauce on a sandwich.

Wine is kind of love-hate for me. I'll happily drink any sort (though I lean slightly towards white over red), but that stuff hits me like a punch in the face in record time compared to other beverages. What is up with that?

Fingold

Postby Fingold » Fri May 14, 2010 7:46 pm

Favorite beers: Boddington's, Dos Equis Ambar, Fuller's ESB, Blue Point Toasted Lager.
Drinks: Margarita.

I'm not really into straight liquor. I pretty much can only do Scotch on the rocks, which I also love. Oh, and Sri Lankan Whiskey, the devilest juicest of devil juices, imo. Think somewhere between irish whiskey and rum.

Oh, and I love wine. More on the dry/spicy side than fruity. I love Chianti, usually with some fava beans and human liver.
Strategery

Beltar

Postby Beltar » Fri May 14, 2010 7:49 pm

Store-brand diet cola. I don't drink alcohol hardly at all anymore.

Delion

Postby Delion » Fri May 14, 2010 8:35 pm

I'm not so great with beer. I'll take a girly drink any day, so long as I can't taste the alcohol. Something vodka-y. Anything chocolatey or creamy is always good.

Gin & tonics are delicious.
<Fells> I SEE YOU DELIPON
<Fells> YOU'RE A KLITTY

Jolstraer

Postby Jolstraer » Fri May 14, 2010 10:13 pm

Whiskey Sours made with Southern Comfort. And those only on rare occasions. Other'n that, I'm too sober.
"I left my home where the dead never rose
But the streets of gold i've yet to find
And at the end of the day all you can do is pray
Without hope well you might as well be blind, yeah be blind
Tomorrow comes a day too soon"

Return to “General”