Feathermeet 2010: Put Bacon On It!

Miscellaneous babblings from the Wildfire Riders and friends!

Moderator: Guild Officer

Grizz

Re: Feathermeet 2010: Put Bacon On It!

Postby Grizz » Thu Aug 12, 2010 6:11 pm

Prydion wrote:
Tarq wrote:Pry, you can just put those pics on the Art subforum. It's members-only and that way you can also pretend to be a photographic artiste.

Anyone have directions to the Art subforum? I can't find it. It's not on Google maps. And I'm beginning to suspect it is all made-up moon man talk.

It was filmed on a sound stage in the Spoiler forum.

:D

Gryphonheart

Postby Gryphonheart » Thu Aug 12, 2010 8:54 pm

Grizz wrote:
Prydion wrote:
Tarq wrote:Pry, you can just put those pics on the Art subforum. It's members-only and that way you can also pretend to be a photographic artiste.

Anyone have directions to the Art subforum? I can't find it. It's not on Google maps. And I'm beginning to suspect it is all made-up moon man talk.

It was filmed on a sound stage in the Spoiler forum.

:D

What?!?! Way to RUIN MY IMMERZIONS, Grizz. :cry:
My heroes had the heart to lose their lives out on the limb. All I remember is thinking I want to be like them.
Ever since I was little, ever since I was little, it looked like fun—And it's no coincidence I've come...And I can die when I'm done

Ovistine

Postby Ovistine » Fri Aug 13, 2010 11:27 am

Dravir wrote:
Shad wrote:
Shaila wrote: "Yo I gotta see this"

No, that's pretty much exactly what I said.

And then nothing exploded. *sigh*

Pretty sure I took it right in the face.

You were safe after we got you those shooting goggles.

Effie

Postby Effie » Fri Aug 13, 2010 11:23 pm

Prydion wrote:

Do we have to be Wildfire Riders to have access to this Art subforum? I'd like to see the pictures, too. However, if that's the rule, don't break it for me. My feelings won't be hurt, I promise!

~Ethel

Tarq

Postby Tarq » Sat Aug 14, 2010 1:57 am

I gotcha.
Now hang me by this golden noose
'Cause I never been nothin' but your golden goose
Silver tongue don't fail me now
And I'll make my way back to you somehow

Tezzface

Postby Tezzface » Sun Aug 15, 2010 4:54 am

OMG!!!!!!! I know im super late to the forum responding party but HOLY SHITAKE MUSHROOMS Feathermeet was freegin awesome! I miss all of you already, and want to visit again! SHARKWAVE! For those in the 6th ave inn group, you guys were probably some of the coolest people i've ever met, and for the others i wish i could have spent a few more days becoming better friends with you all too!

/repeatedly pokes Nuff

Im so glad to have met all of you and cant wait for next year!

<3 tezzface

Keltarin

Postby Keltarin » Mon Aug 16, 2010 9:24 am

All right, ten minutes before I go out the door, so I thought I'd ask (before I post):

I made a little video (while slightly drunk) where I walked around and asked everyone to say hi. That video is on you tube. It is restricted. It requires you to know the URL to see it.

I'll put that link up here (or somewhere else on the site) but if ANYONE has a problem with it, I will take down said video.

So far the only people who have seen it are a couple Roses and Riders who could not make it to the meet, as far as I know.

Also Bricu, don't be hatin'. :P

Secondly, THIS IS A JIGGER. A jiggeris a measuring device used by bartenders to measure out portions of ingridients in mixed drinks.

That is what a jigger is.

Do you know what it is NOT?

IT IS NOT A SHOT GLASS, TIFORIS. It is not your own personal sipping device that someone magically left on the bar for you to pour caramel apples into for three hours. It is ALSO not something you should pour POWDERS OF ANY SORT into. That is why you have a set of MEASURING SPOONS.

That thing is going to smell vaugely of cinnamon for a long time, I wager.

Tiforis's drunken stupor and lack of respect for the tools of the bartending trade aside, I had a lot of fun and I was happy to be there, and it was very flattering to get so many requests for drinks. And again, in case you missed the recipe:

Sexy Lauren:
2 ounces (shots) of Irish Cream (I use Bailey's exclusively).
1 ounce Amaretto
1/3 ounce Butterscotch Schnapps (this stuff is exceedingly strong, a bit like vanilla extract in normal cooking, and it is unlikely to ever be required in large amounts by any cocktail. You have been warned.)
3 ounces milk (thank you to the hosts for letting me use so much milk. I dropped about 15 dollars in the tip jar down stairs although I didn't end up using any "top shelf" liquor, I did go through a bit of your milk. :) )

Serve stirred, on a little ice.

Threnn
Site Admin

Postby Threnn » Mon Aug 16, 2010 9:58 am

You should be able to see the Art board now, which is where pics and stuff can go.

(And, to anyone else who's going "wtf is this art board thing?" -- if you can't see it, ping me or anyone with mod powers and we'll make sure you have the right permissions. I've apparently missed some people while tinkering around with the forums. <3)

Keltarin wrote: And again, in case you missed the recipe:

Sexy Lauren:
2 ounces (shots) of Irish Cream (I use Bailey's exclusively).
1 ounce Amaretto
1/3 ounce Butterscotch Schnapps (this stuff is exceedingly strong, a bit like vanilla extract in normal cooking, and it is unlikely to ever be required in large amounts by any cocktail. You have been warned.)
3 ounces milk (thank you to the hosts for letting me use so much milk. I dropped about 15 dollars in the tip jar down stairs although I didn't end up using any "top shelf" liquor, I did go through a bit of your milk. :) )

Serve stirred, on a little ice.

...there's a drink that shares my name and you didn't even make me one? FAIL.

Chrystenise

Postby Chrystenise » Mon Aug 16, 2010 10:19 am

Because you DRINK YOURSELF AT NIGHT!

Tiforis

Postby Tiforis » Mon Aug 16, 2010 2:37 pm

Keltarin wrote:Secondly, THIS IS A JIGGER. A jiggeris a measuring device used by bartenders to measure out portions of ingridients in mixed drinks.

That is what a jigger is.

Do you know what it is NOT?

IT IS NOT A SHOT GLASS, TIFORIS. It is not your own personal sipping device that someone magically left on the bar for you to pour caramel apples into for three hours. It is ALSO not something you should pour POWDERS OF ANY SORT into. That is why you have a set of MEASURING SPOONS.

That thing is going to smell vaugely of cinnamon for a long time, I wager.

Tiforis's drunken stupor and lack of respect for the tools of the bartending trade aside, I had a lot of fun and I was happy to be there, and it was very flattering to get so many requests for drinks. And again, in case you missed the recipe:

Caramel apples, that's what they were called.
I'm all man and all machine, a little sicko, little mean
I rock your brains out and you're sure to be damned
I lick your little finger then chew up your hand
for that's who I am: The Biomechanic man.

Return to “General”