Time with the Family

Post your RP stories/character descriptions/other cool stuff here!

Moderator: Guild Officer

Ulthanon

Time with the Family

Postby Ulthanon » Wed Jan 26, 2011 5:06 pm

"You're telling me that you've actually cast before today?"

Ulthanon swirled the drink in his mug, a simple thing fashioned of oak and holding a humbly nameless Darnassian wine. He let his gaze linger in the depths of the crackling fireplace before glancing at the elf across from him, giving him a slight nod.
His companion rubbed his forehead. "I don't know how that's possible."

Ulthanon shrugged. "It was a bad time, Sha. I hadn't slept in weeks. I had to drug myself unconscious each night to get any rest at all."

Sha'tuan cocked his head to the side. "That's the druid you were telling me about earlier, right?"

"Yeah. Right bastard, he was. Used to be Indarra's man back in the day."
"And these days, he's..."
"Dead." Ulthanon wanted to let the finality of the response speak for itself, but when he saw his brother might have assumed offense, he leaned in slightly with a grin. "I skinned his ass afterwards."

Sha'tuan snerked, raising his mug back to his mouth to prevent spitting his wine across the floor. "You didn't."
Ulthanon nodded, his grin spreading to a mirthful smile. "Oh, yeah. Even took some of his bones and made bracelets out of them."

He paused.
"Don't tell Indy."

Sha'tuan's eyes widened. "Are those what those bracelets are that she wears every now and again?"
Ulth broke out into a full laugh. "Yeah. I told her they were some animal I hunted down or some nonsense like that. I don't think she knows."

The two men shook the small inn room with laughter, but whether from true amusement or the sheer absurdity of the macabre was unclear. After a moment, wiping a tear from his eye, Sha'tuan caught his breath. "So what happened when you were casting?"

"Oh, it was a party and a half." Ulthanon set his drink down and turned his face so the firelight fully illuminated his profile. "See all those little lines? Those aren't age. They're all scars- I guess I heated the sand up to melting point and turned it to glass."
"You guess." Sha'tuan's incredulous expression almost made Ulthanon blush.
"Yeah. I guess. I was pretty dehydrated at this point, so I don't remember much."
"Do you remember anything else?"

Ulthanon ran his tongue over the front of his teeth as he considered. "Yeah. I was trying to induce a vision, I think... I got one on the third day or so. That's when this all happened. I saw a younger version of myself." He scoffed, taking another quick sip of wine. "Much younger, apparently. I still had black hair."

Sha'tuan's expression of confusion was difficult to miss.
"Did I lose you?"
"Ulthanon, you never had black hair. Your hair has always been white."
The marksman shrugged. "So I had black hair in the vision. I hadn't had any water in almost two days, out there under the sun. I'm surprised I didn't see myself having wings and eight heads."
"Did it look like you, or was it you?"

Another shrug. "Maybe the face was a little longer than I picture myself having, I don't know. Why?"

Sha'tuan pursed his lips; now it was his gaze that lingered in the fire.
"No reason."
[Fells] says: I LOBE DACNIEBG kiTTLES

Yva

Re: Time with the Family

Postby Yva » Wed Jan 26, 2011 5:55 pm

(( . . . DRAMAZ

Dude, she wears those bracelets all the time. It's such bad times.))
So if you meet me have some courtesy, have some sympathy and some taste. Use all your well-learned politesse or I'll lay your soul to waste.

Return to “Roleplay”