Aftermath; or- One Doesn't Murder a Score of Men and Not Pay

Post your RP stories/character descriptions/other cool stuff here!

Moderator: Guild Officer

Loreli

Of Cats and Mice and Brilliant Plans

Postby Loreli » Wed Dec 28, 2011 6:59 pm

The night was clear but the moon hung low in the sky casting long shadows across everything. The air carried the slight chill of winter though it never seemed to snow in Stormwind. It was colder on her rooftop perch, though Lorelli paid it no mind. She’d been sitting here the better part of the evening watching the door to the Pig and Whistle. Annalea maintained vigil by the door currently and if the other woman didn’t shift or breathe into her hands occasionally, Lore might not even have known she was there.

The rogue dropped silently from the roof and made her way to stand the doors-width from Annalea. “How is she?” Out of the corner of her eye she watched Anna’s head whip around to look at her. Perhaps she should be more careful in the future about startling magic users.

“Lore? What are you doing?” Anna’s voice carried an undercurrent of concern. It made sense, both Illi and Kyraine had been the targets of attacks and there was no disputing it was related to the Lotus runners and this Angel who seemed to be in charge. The natural assumption was that Lore herself had been identified and would be next. Which of course, was the point of tonight’s escapade but no one but Lore knew of that plan.

Lore stretched, she had sat on the roof an awfully long time. “Keeping an eye on Illi and Kyr.”

Anna raised an eyebrow, “Oh? And who’s keeping an eye on you?” Of course Anna knew what the rest of the Riders were up to that evening, but would she believe there was still a guard trailing Lore? Probably not, the rogue knew her colleagues better than that.

“Every one's busy planning. There wasn’t much else I could do to help, so I thought I’d make myself scarce. Keep out of trouble.”

“By trying to get yourself killed?” Anna asked incredulously.

“Of course no…” she paused. There had been something faint, just enough of a sound to catch her attention. She held up a hand for quiet, then put a finger to her lips. “Stay here. Keep your eyes and ears open.”

Anna started to protest but the other woman had disappeared. “Lore? Lore!” She threw up her hands in disgust, “Bloody Elune…” Something told her now would be a good time to get in touch and find out who had Lore guard duty tonight.

(and now I bring you the comic layouts that will go along with this story. You can see what this mess looks like before I turn it into pretty shiny artz)

Image Image
"A little extra DPS never killed anyon... Oh wait."
"Still alive, I see. Clearly you're not trying hard enough."

Loreli

Re: Aftermath; or- One Doesn't Murder a Score of Men and Not

Postby Loreli » Thu Dec 29, 2011 12:38 am

Lore made her way across Old Town using the network of alleyways and rooftops. Someone was tailing her and it wasn’t one of the Riders. This was exactly what she’d been waiting for. Now to hope this wasn’t as much of a fool’s errand as it easily could become. First she needed to lead them away. Away from the Pig, away from Anna and Kyraine. Away from anyone else who might come by the bar.

They stayed right with her. That was fine. Perfect even. The key was not tipping the other off that she actually wanted to be followed. Out of Old Town, across the canals, into the Cathedral District. She ducked behind the large shadow of a chimney billowing smoke into the night sky. There she held her breath. Whoever they were, they were good. She almost didn’t hear them moving past her hiding spot. There was faint scraping of boot leather as they dropped into the alley below.

Lorelli moved soundlessly toward the ledge. On first glance over she almost missed him tucked back into a shadowy corner as he was. He appeared to be of average height for a human, leather clad and hooded, in good health although slight of build. The daggers on his belt were well taken care of, but the hilts showed signs of wear. So he knew how to use them, this could get interesting. Quickly, quietly. She’d only get one shot at this she knew.

She dropped from the roof, one arm coming hard around his neck. “Who are you?” She demanded.

He had the advantage of strength. He grabbed a hold of her arm, tearing free of her grip and throwing her over him. She moved with the momentum, rolling to her feet and drawing daggers in one smooth motion. He regarded her quietly, weapons already loose and in hand.

“I suppose it was too much to hope for an answer.”

He rushed her. He was fast. Lorelli was faster. Not by much but it was enough. She spun left aiming a kick for his stomach. He brought arms in a crossed guard to block but her momentum pushed him back. He took it and rolled, coming to his feet to charge her again before she had a chance to turn to face him. She whirled, blocking his blades, one, two. She took that moment to push her advantage, he almost matched her for speed but he was losing ground.

“Quick, ay? Eh like thit inna bird.”

“Oh, aren’t you adorable?” She snarled. “Its not too late to give up. I just want information.”

He shook his head. Steel glinted in the periphery of her vision as he aimed a strike at her neck. She ducked but his other hand was already in motion. Their almost even speed got the better of her then. She blocked his second dagger but not before it bit through fabric and deep into the flesh of her side. It didn't’ feel as if anything vital had been punctured but the loss of blood would eventually be problematic.

Lore winced and scowled, “Great. Now you’re actually trying. I was /so/ hoping this wouldn't’ be easy.”

“Eh’m never easy, love.” He yanked his daggers back and thrust what would have been a killing blow if it landed at her chest. Loreli threw herself backward and came to her feet. He was right behind her. Lorelli dodged, stepped in behind him. He was already moving away from her but she struck out at him, scoring her dagger across his back. Leather parted under the blade barely grazing the skin underneath. He rounded on her then, putting his extra strength behind his attacks. Lore gave ground and that was all it took for him to start driving her back. She could feel the force of his blows in her wrists, in her arms, in the wound he’d given her. Her vest was soaked with blood, she was vaguely aware of the breeze blowing across the skin.

Her back hit a wall. Okay... this was definitely not part of the plan. She glanced around for an out. When one didn't readily present itself she decided to make one. Pushing off from the wall she launched herself at him, twisting and slamming her shoulder into his face. There was a slick sounding crack and pain in her arm, blossoming out to ring through her shoulders. He’d buried his dagger blade in her upper arm down to the bone. They stumbled together a couple of steps, Lore recovered first, grabbing his arm she spun him around, his dagger tore free leaving pain in its wake that almost staggered her. She channeled it into landing a blow and sheathed her own blade in his shoulder. He pulled back, yanking free of her dagger and attacked immediately. She planted a sound kick in his stomach as she dropped to the ground. He rolled behind her and was back on his feet in an instant already on the offensive. For a moment she slipped inside his guard and grazed his face under his eye. He responded with a flurry of blows, together they danced back and forth across the cobblestones meeting slice for slice both refusing to give ground. Lorelli could feel her energy waning though. They’d both lost a lot of blood but she’d suffered worst of their wounds.

Lorelli gathered what strength she could and threw everything she had at him. He kept just ahead of her attacks but was pushed him back until he met the wall. She feinted an attack to his abdomen, slamming his head back into the wall with her free hand when he moved to block. A wet thwack resounded through the small space.

“You should count yourself lucky I just need information.” Her teeth grit, whether in anger or pain she couldn't even say herself. “You should all pay dearly for what you did to my friends.”

“Keep gabbin’ bitch.” His voice was suppressing about as much pain as she felt. She could see the bruise from her shoulder tinging the parts of his face visible around the mask and hood he wore. He moved to attack, stepping inside her guard but brought himself too close. He missed with his daggers and settled for ramming his elbow into her face instead.

That was about the time she hit the end of the adrenaline. Lore doubled over holding her face as he stepped away. He didn’t wait even a second before he brought his dagger down on the back of her head. She went down hard, hitting the cobblestones with an audible thud. In her swimming vision she was barely able to make out his boots kicking her daggers out of the reach. The sound of metal skittering across stone echoing the sound of hope and life leaving her. This was it. This was how it ended. It could have been worse, she supposed. It could have been one of the Lowborne who took her out. She hoped Zha’ane or any of the the Riders didn’t go on some crazed Lotus Eater killing spree across the city as she was fully aware she’d brought this on herself.

He had leaned down next to her, his hooded and masked face a dark blur. A hand clamped tightly around her neck, air shut off from the rest of her body. She clawed at his grip but she had nothing left to fight with. He dragged her to her knees.

"Eh'm listenin'." He snarled.

Distantly Lore registered the sound of running boots. This time in a gait she recognized. One chance she thought, you'll only get one shot to make this work. She reached for his face and yanked his hood and mask off. His face made him appear mid to late twenties, though it was difficult to well with the sallow pallor and craggy planes of his skin. A scar tugged at one corner of his mouth. She did her best to memorize it, shape of he eyes, the nose, angle of the jaw.

He was startled. She produced one of the many knives hidden on her person and slammed the blade down into his thigh. His legs give out and they dropped into a heap.

Lore could see a blurry fair-haired figure running towards them. Can you see his face? Do know who he is? She tried to call. Her voice was weak and raspy. Her assailant has gotten to his feet and was towering over her prone form.

Another voice carried through the night, "Oh yeh fuckin' WHORESON-"

The entire area lit up, brighter than any daylight. Stars exploded in her vision and she squeezed her eyes shut against the assault on her night vision. She tried to shake her head but everything hurt. A flash bomb, she guessed. Shadows started to form again, a light pressure on her shoulder. A hand?

"Awright, Lore?" Tarquin. She never thought she'd be so glad to hear one of those Northern accents that was so damnably hard to follow even when her head wasn't spinning.

She tried to get her legs under her only to have the cobblestone rush up to meet her again. There was an awful lot of blood on the ground. It couldn't /all/ be hers. Could it? Zha'ane was going to be /pissed/.

"All..." The attempt to speak grated at her throat and she paused, coughing. "...according to... plan." She was going to feel like shit in the morning.

"The plan ta bugger off an' get your arse killed?"

"That'd... be the one." She inhaled, that hurt too, but she managed to grin. It probably looked rather deranged, battered as she was. Her face was already swollen. "You should have seen the other guy... I did."

Threnn
Site Admin

Postby Threnn » Wed Jan 04, 2012 1:36 am

Ash is ash is ash. One burnt-out house looks like any other.

It sounded good, for a lie. She'd told worse ones in her time -- most of them to herself -- but this one refused to stick. Anna bent among the blackened bones of Kyr's rooming-house and pinched a bit of ash between her fingers.

"They say it burned fast and hot," said Robert Bell from what used to be the porch. "The way Will likes his wom--." A dull thwack cut him short.

"I'm right here, you fucking git."

Anna looked up to see Robert rubbing the back of his head, ink creeping out from beneath his shirtsleeves. "Are you two about done?"

Will glared at his twin a moment longer, then turned an exasperated grin on Anna. "Sorry. See anything helpful?"

"Maybe." The whole block smelled scorched, that heavy wet-charcoal scent laying heavy on cobblestones and doormats alike. They needed a good rain to slough away the soot, and a blustery day to make the air breatheable again. For now, though, with the buildings so close together, it was as though the fire had only been extinguished a few hours, not a few days.

Which meant, beneath the burnt wood, Anna could still smell the reek of the Firebug's magic. She recognized it from the night of Illi's attack, too, but the memory that stirred, the one she was trying so hard to deny, was even older. "Fuck," she muttered. She fumbled a vial from her packs and scooped some ash into it. Not that she'd need it, really. The Firebug's particular magical resonance wasn't one she thought she could forget.

"She's looking serious there, Will." Robert moved forward to take her left elbow as she picked her way out of the debris.

Will came up on her right. "That she is."

"Matter of fact, that look says ap Danwyrith's like to stab us if we do what she asks."

"That it does."

"I don't suppose you're going to try talking her out of it?" Robert leaned forward to peer at his brother and answered his own question. "No, of course not. You've never said no to Annie al'Cair in your life."

Neither Anna nor Will replied to that, letting their dubious silence speak for both of them.

"All right, fine. Neither have I." The three of them gained the street and the Bells let go of Anna. They stood side by side, waiting for her to make her decree.

"I need to go to Elwynn. To Addam Fairfax' estate."

Will frowned, drawing the parallel. "The one that burned? What's that have to do with anything?"

Robert had gone on a different tack: "Fairfax? Annie, the fuck--?"

She didn't have to cuff him to shut him up; a shake of the head did just fine. There were things Robert knew that Will didn't; she preferred that it stay that way.

Even what Robert knew had its limits.

No need to dredge up the past, either. No reason to think there's any connection.

But even as she thought it, Anna realized that felt like a lie, too.

Loreli

Out and Back into the Dog House

Postby Loreli » Tue Jan 10, 2012 10:30 pm

Lorelli was seated at the middle table sharpening her daggers when Kyraine came upstairs, Blue padding quietly along behind her. The warrior’s plate armor clanked slightly as she made her way over and set her helmet down on the wooden surface. She watched Lorelli quietly for a moment.

“You expecting that bad of a fight?”

The rogue looked up with a slight shrug of her shoulders. “Always safer to expect one than not, right?” The bruising from her broken nose was starting to fade, now a sickly green color against the lavender of her skin.

“Of course.” Kyraine pulled out a chair and dropped into it. “What should I expect?”

“Ti’Shoren and I go way back. He did the occasional deal with Lyas so that brought him to Darnassus on occasion. He brokers solely in information, keeps his nose clean of everything else. Might be he’s more ruthless for it.” She ran a hand through her hair. “When I left Lyas’ employ he continued to contact with me up until I joined Seven.” Lorelli held up one dagger and then the next. They must have passed the examination because she returned them their places on her belt. “He refused to speak with me ever since. So, I guess this is kind of a big deal.”

“Could be a trap.”

Lorelli grinned at the other woman across the table, “Could be. That’s what you’re here for.” The rogue got to her feet, pushing in her chair, “Ready to go?”

Kyraine rose after her and picked up the helm, “Sounds like fun.” Blue, who’d been lying next to her chair, raised his had as she moved. He pushed himself up on his massive paws and followed to the door.

Lorelli paused to glance back at the empty table, going back over her conversation with Bricu in her head. Next time lass, just user yer own knife to cut yerself. It’ll save us the fuckin’ trouble. She could still hear the sound of her knife clattering against the table as he’d tossed it back to her.

“Not too much, I hope. I have more than enough people angry with me.”

With the rebuilding of Stormwind came expansion beyond its original walls and the addition of at least fifty new taverns, bars and inns. One of these was the Little Flipper nestled in amongst the docks and storage sheds of the harbor district. Considering its locale the Flipper was well lit and clean, but small. Lorelli had to duck a swath of fish netting coming through the door. Behind her she heard Kyraine telling Blue to stay as not all of the city’s drinking establishments were as tolerant of animals as the Pig and Whistle.

The bartender was a dwarf who’s long grey beard was gathered at his waist with a silver tie that had small seashells dangling from it. He hailed them from behind the bar as he finished pouring a drink for one of the other patrons.

“Welcome, have a seat. What can I get you ladies?”

Lorelli paid no heed to the drinkers at their respective tables. She crossed to the bar and gave the dwarf a smile. “We came to see the shore.”

For a moment the bartender’s smile faltered. He recovered shortly and nodded. “O’course. Pair o’ pretty things like you, why wouldn’t yeh be? T’is a little cold fer swimmin’ but the view is nice if yeh like that sort o’ thing. S’cuse me a moment.” He set the bottle down and disappeared into the back room.

Lorelli glanced over her shoulder at Kyraine. “Keep your hand near your sword." The look Kyraine shot her was equal parts irritation at the rogue’s need to state the obvious and alertness.

The dwarf reappeared and eyed them both up and down once. “There’s a great view just down the way. Take a left out the door, head west for two blocks and turn towards the water. Say hello to the man in blue and tell him Vereid sent you.”

Lorelli placed a couple coins on the counter which the bartender, Vereid, scooped up and dropped into his apron.”Thank ye kindly, miss.” He leaned over the counter dropping his voice, “Be careful, aye?”

The rogue nodded and added a few more coins to the bartender’s collection. She turned and headed out the door, Kyraine following close behind.

“A warning?” The warrior asked.

“Maybe. He was difficult to read.” Lorelli raked a hand through her hair, making her anxiety evident. “I think we take it as such for now, eh?” She stopped and turned to face the other woman. “What do you think? We can head back to the Pig and forget this. Your call.”

Kyraine seemed to consider. Blue had come to stand calmly at his master's hand, eyes bright and alert. “I say we press on. What are the chances he’ll grant you another meeting if you bail on this one? If he’s still as connected as he used to be we could learn somewhat. And there’s two of us now, aye? Three, if you count Blue.”

“Which I do.” Lorelli patted the wolfhound-mix on the head before starting out again.

There was indeed a young man dressed in a blue coat on the corner when they reached the correct intersection. He was a human of roughly sixteen, the coat a little lose on his lanky frame. His dark hair was fell in his eyes in curls and he seemed uncomfortable with it that length as if he’d recently cut it short and it was finally growing out again.

“Nice day, huh?” Lorelli nodded to him when they got close, “Vereid, sent us to you for the grand tour.”

The young man eyed them both, lingering a while on Kyraine's armor and weapon.

“He did, did he? I suppose you booked in advance then?”

Lorelli nodded, “Reservations should be well in hand.”

He nodded, once again eyeing Kyraine. “I’m going to pass you off to Sammy.”

He whistled and a girl even younger than he was came scrambling out from one of the alleyways. At least Lorelli was fairly certain she was a girl. It was hard to tell, as Sammy was skin and bones buried under lots of dirt. She couldn’t have been more than thirteen, with scraggly strawberry blond hair. She stopped in front of the pair and upon spotting blue her gray eyes lit up. She held out a hand for the dog to sniff. Blue seemed perfectly content to allow Sammy to scratch him behind the ears showing no sign that she could possibly be a threat. Shortly the girl gestured for them to follow, turned and skipped off down the street.

Lorelli and Kyraine exchanged a quick glance, shrugged and followed.

Sammy lead them through a nondescript door off an alleyway somewhere in the west end of the harbor district. The room was dark and smelled heavily of smoke and something else. The scent wafted through a entryway on the right. Blue paused, whining softly.

“Lore, you smell that?” Kyraine asked.

“Faintly. What is it?"

“S’Lotus.”

Lorelli came to a stop so abruptly Kyraine walked into her. The rogue stood there, mind racing. Could be a coincidence but it would just be stupid to assume such.

“S’not too far to the door. It’s your call, Lore.” Kyraine’s voice behind her was much calmer than Lorelli felt. It helped to steady her and she shook her head.

“No. If it is a trap we’re too far in now. Honestly, I like our chances better fighting than running.”

“Aye.” Kyraine patted her leg and Blue hesitated only a moment before crossing the few feet to stand at her side. .

Sammy was waiting for them in the doorway up ahead. The child stepped aside as they approached, bowing them through into the next room. It was much larger than the entryway, hazy and poorly lit. Around the room small pockets of people spoke quietly or engaged themselves in cards, dice, drink or the Lotus they had smelled upon entering.

"Smell's starting to make my head swim." Kyraine's voice was quiet but to Lore's ears it seemed to echo off every wall. All conversation had stopped as they walked in.

In the back of the room was a raised dais upon which a pile of cushions rested. Seated on the cushions was a very handsome kal'dorei male. His hair was a blue so pale it was almost white and it shown like a beacon in the gloom. On his right side sat a female Draenei, her hair up-swept, the neckline of her dress cut low, the slit at each leg cut high. She was regal and elegant and very much stood out. Behind them, at the back of the dais, leaning agains the wall were three figuresl. The left and right were large men, human with faces that said they’d been in more than a few nasty brawls. Yet, the one that caught and held Lorelli’s attention was the one in the middle. He was smaller than the other two, but his manner suggested he was very much in charge. Despite his hooded and shadowed face, she could construct his features from memory, see the cold malicious gaze in his eyes. It helped to imagine that his face probably mirrored her own, if not worse.

“You have got to be fucking kidding me.” She breathed.

“Hrm?” Kyraine was tense, next to her all of Blue’s fur was standing on end.

“That’s him. The cartel thug I fought.”

Kyraine stepped closer to Lorelli, her gaze locked on the middle man, her expression suggesting she’d very much like to run him through. The rouge almost expected the other woman to get between her and the group before them. Ti’Shoren’s voice broke the silence.

“Don’t hide back there, come here, come here. It’s been a long time.”

Lorelli set her shoulders and started towards the dais. Every step seemed to take forever. She found herself wishing in part that she hadn’t brought Kyraine into this, the other part of her extremely glad she had. If it came down to it, she would make sure the warrior made it out alive.

Ti’Shoren expression was warm and a broad smile graced his face. As the women entered the light from his lantern, his eyebrows shot up in surprise.

“Sweet Light of Elune, Lore! What have you done to your face?” He leaned forward eyeing more than just her nose. “Tsk tsk. Pity.”

Lorelli shrugged, “It’s nothing. Just a disagreement between associates.”

Ti’Shoren straightened up again, “You don’t say? ‘Cause the way I hear it, someone almost took you out of the Game for good. Admittedly, I am very interested in who that might be.”

“Why? You looking to higher some more folks? I could make some recommendations.” She made a show of sliding her gaze to the trio against the walll. “Thought it seems like you’ve got a full house already.”

He pursed his lips, “True. And good help is not cheap. Though it does bring to mind...” He trailed off waving his hand at the three men, “Leave us. I’ll send Sammy for you shortly.”

The middle man was the last to leave the wall. He watched Lorelli and Kyraine all the way until he was out the door.

Ti’Shoren patted the pillows in front of him, “Come, sit. Let’s not stand on ceremony, shall we.”

Lorelli came to perch on the edge of the dais. Kyraine and Blue remained standing at her shoulder. The rogue turned to face the other elf and his Draenei companion. “You do know your friend there is not in your sole employ, right?” She inclined her head after the three who’d left.

“Well of course, my dear. They’re mercenaries. They work for the highest bidder.”

Lorelli shook her head, “I’m not sure that’s true in this case. Shoren, give me five minutes with your man and ensure that no one will interfere. I’ll expose the truth and tell you who almost killed me the other night.”

Kyriane’s hand clamped hard on the rogue’s shoulder. “Lore, you can’t. I’m not taking the blame if you decide to be stupid again.”

Ti’Shoren tapped a finger against his lips, smiling, “Lore, I do so much like your friend. She may not have the same type of beauty as yours but extremely charming nonetheless. Might I keep her?”

Lorelli scowled, hands going toward her daggers. The Draenei’s voice stilled them all, sounding as if it was coming from somewhere far off.

“Be wary of that one, she carries the curse and a wealth of blood matted in fur.” All heads had turned to look at the womani as she’d spoken.

“Saihira is a Seerer. A very useful treasure to have around in my line of work.” Ti’Shoren trailed a finger along Saihira’s jawline. She smiled serenely.

“So it would seem.” Kyraine’s reply sounded as if it came from between clenched teeth.

Ti’Shoren looked between the two women before him a moment, considering. “Interesting...” He rose to his feet and crossed to a small table laden with glasses and bottles. He poured himself a drink and turned back to face them. “As for your request, Lore. I’m afraid I have to decline. From the lines of your body, I’m pretty sure I know who you went up against, it explains a fair amount. I'd tell you to watch your back but I'm sure you're already fully aware there's a rather large target on your back. Regretfully, there is something else I need.” He snapped his fingers and at least one ‘patron’ from the tables around the room stood and drew weapons.

Lorelli was on her feet in a heartbeat drawing daggers. Kyraine was at her back, sword drawn, Blue had his eyes on Ti’Shoren, teeth bared, his growl deep and very threatening.

“Kyr, if we live, let’s not tell anyone about this, okay?”

“Good idea.”

“Oh, don’t be so dramatic.” Ti’Shoren waved his hand, “That’s enough my friends. I got what I wanted.” He hopped down from the dais as chairs scraped from others taking their seats. He made his way to stand in front of Lorelli.

“What are you going on about?” The rogue demanded.

Ti’Shoren was a full head taller than she and much broader in the shoulders. He was attempting to be imposing, it was almost working. “You hoped I’d miss it. The catch in so usually a fluid motion, the slight wince. You can’t fool me, you forget how I am. How long will your injury last, do you suppose? Will you ever be the same? Will muscle and tendon ever fully recover? I know a few who would pay rather well for this tidbit of information.”

Lorelli glared at him, “What have you gotten yourself into, Shoren?”

“Information, my dear. Same as always. That’s all the Game has ever been. Information. Who knows the most about who.” He took a sip from his drink. “I believe we’re done here. You may go, no one will trouble you on your way out.” He turned and made a bow to Kyraine, “It was lovely meeting you, please feel free to come see me any time. Oh and Lore, if you see Wallace on your way out, tell him and his friends to come back in.” He left them standing there, returning to Saihira.

“Do you think he was serious?” Kyraine asked Lorelli quietly.

“I honestly wish I could say.”

“Do we have a plan B?”

Lorelli smiled ruefully, “That’s assuming I had a plan A.” She started for the exit, “So, the plan is, we walk calmly towards the door.” She only glanced over her shoulder once to make sure Kyraine was behind her.

They made it without incident out to the street and all the way back to Old Town before either of them even began to think about relaxing.

“I don’t know about you,” Lorelli finally spoke, “but I need a drink. And a big big bone for Blue.” She patted the dog fondly on the head.

“So, was it a success? Did we learn anything?”

Lorelli nodded, “I think we did. I’ll let you know as soon as I figure it out.”

Shaurria

Postby Shaurria » Thu Feb 02, 2012 8:53 pm

((Hopefully I did this right, if not let me know what to change.))

[2012-02-01 21:58:30] <Narrator> Ti'Shoren's party is at a refurbished, and renovated, warehouse down by the docks. It's been cleaned of dirt and undesirables, but no amount of scrubbing can get rid of the smell of Stormwind's harbor.
[2012-02-01 21:59:11] <Narrator> The smell is still there, despite the effort of a number of the party goers to gussy themselves up.
[2012-02-01 22:00:32] <Narrator> There are three sets of doors to the warehouse. People can enter from the east and west corners, while the narrow northern side has a pair of large wooden loading doors.
[2012-02-01 22:00:59] <Narrator> Everyone in the Black and Red has had a chance to (at the very least) see blue prints of the building.
[2012-02-01 22:01:13] <Narrator> And while everyone is gussied up, not everyone is gussied up for a party.
[2012-02-01 22:01:26] * Loreli points at Kyraine.
[2012-02-01 22:01:28] <Narrator> Bricu and his crew are dressed for staffing the kitchen.
[2012-02-01 22:01:54] <Narrator> As of last week, that was Bricu and Pitch.
[2012-02-01 22:01:58] <Kyraine> <looks innocent>
[2012-02-01 22:02:47] <Narrator> Tarquin isn't here, but a staff reporter from the Clarion-Bugle is.
[2012-02-01 22:03:58] <Tarquin> <Cannifrey Royce> is a gangly-looking fellow with a slicked-back auburn ponytail, a neatly razored mustache, and neatly pressed but slightly threadbare clothes, clutching a notepad and looking about with the slightly befuddled air of one who simply can't stop observing things.
[2012-02-01 22:05:51] * Loreli has found herself a skin-tight dress of royal purple, her hair is piled atop her head in curls. She's snagged a spot near the door, watching as people arrive.
[2012-02-01 22:06:27] <Kyraine> <Kyraine is in armor and is standing near Lore, people watching>
[2012-02-01 22:07:31] * Zane is slowly working his way toward the Warehouse district from the direction of the Cathedral. He's in his "Working Clothes" (ie - Dark stealthy armor) and moving from shadow to shadow, and checking out each rooftop and open window along the way.
[2012-02-01 22:07:40] <Ti'Shoren> is "holding court" at the southern end of the warehouse, seated at a long table with an elegant human woman on his arm, a brick-jawed, broad-shouldered slab of an elf standing behind him, and a glass of wine in his hand. He converses with passers-by, many of whom seem to be stopping just to pay their respects and laugh at his jokes.
[2012-02-01 22:07:52] Rheugan is picking nervously at his leathers, trying to look like the security-type as he stands near, but not too near, Lore and Kyraine.
[2012-02-01 22:08:04] * Threnn is in dress armor, functional but unassuming. She has taken up position in a quieter part of the warehouse, mostly people-watching, but not being anti-social, should anyone approach.
[2012-02-01 22:08:50] * @Bricu is in the kitchen, but he looks every bit the chef, complete with a series of sharp knives, cleavers and a very spiffy looking Chef's hat.
[2012-02-01 22:08:54] * Annalea has gone with royal blue this evening. She's near the other musicians, making sure her lute's in tune, plucking a few strings idly.
[2012-02-01 22:09:50] * Pitch is dressed the same as he usually is, though he did find an apron from... somewhere. He stays near Bricu, trying to look like he knows what he's doing.
[2012-02-01 22:10:05] * Annalea is also doing the flirty bard eye-contact thing. Totally not making note of who's trouble and who's not. Nope.
[2012-02-01 22:10:17] <Numi> *stands near her brother, eyeing the room and looking surly as whole*
[2012-02-01 22:11:15] <Ahrm> Ahrm is to Ti'shoren's left. He's in dark brown formal wear. The hammer at his belt is completely out of place, but this dwarf would not look right without one.
[2012-02-01 22:11:49] <Narrator> Rhodes, Numi's brother, is staring off into his wine glass.
[2012-02-01 22:12:02] <Cannifrey Royce> appears to catch sight of Lorelli and scurries over, an incongruous motion for so tall a man. He almost trips over a table setting as he as makes his way through the growing crowd.
[2012-02-01 22:12:59] <Cannifrey Royce> "Good evening, erm, Miss Tymara. Cannifrey Royce, Stormwind Clarion-Bugle."
[2012-02-01 22:13:15] <Narrator> Standing just behind Tishoren's right is a draenei woman, wearing a purple-silk sari-like wrap. She is having a conversation with a wild-eyed, well dressed, young (human) man.
[2012-02-01 22:13:34] <Cannifrey Royce> "May I take it that you represent the official presence of Stormwind's Wildfire Riders at this gathering?"
[2012-02-01 22:13:43] * Narrator is opening the floor for interactions.
[2012-02-01 22:14:16] * Loreli raises an eyebrow looking amused, "I don't know if 'official' /quite/ the word I would use."
[2012-02-01 22:14:51] * Kyraine looks at Cannifrey and then goes back to watching the crowd.
[2012-02-01 22:14:52] * Annalea takes special note of the Draenei woman.
[2012-02-01 22:15:12] <Cannifrey Royce> "Of course, Miss Tymara, we at the Clarion-Bugle understand the, ah, ephemeral nature of business discussions in Stormwind City these days. So what does bring you to this function? Purely a social visit?"
[2012-02-01 22:16:18] <Narrator> Ti'Shoren has decorated the warehouse so it is a tasteful, and beautiful, representation of a more traditional Kaldorei Lunar Festival celebration.
[2012-02-01 22:16:26] <Loreli> Ah well, our esteemed host is an old friend. I could hardly say no to his gracious invite.
[2012-02-01 22:16:54] <Ti'Shoren> laughs loudly at something his arm-candy says, and turns to the hammer-wielding dwarf at his left.
[2012-02-01 22:17:26] <Narrator> The cat walk that runs across the upper half of the windows has been decorated to resemble branches of Nordrassil.
[2012-02-01 22:17:30] <Ti'Shoren> "Flintfinger, do you know how hard it is to be a social butterfly with you constantly looming? Go do a...round of security or something. You're scaring everyone away from my table."
[2012-02-01 22:17:33] * Ahrm snorts.
[2012-02-01 22:17:35] <Zacharias MacCarrin> *has found his way to the food table and appears to not quite be pleased with the spread*
[2012-02-01 22:18:04] <Cannifrey Royce> scribbles on his pad. "I see, I see. And how do you find the celebration so far?"
[2012-02-01 22:18:40] <Loreli> Far from disappointing. Ti'Shoren alwasy did know how to throw a party.
[2012-02-01 22:19:23] <Cannifrey Royce> nods quickly, a stork-like motion of his bobbing neck. "I don't suppose I could coax you to comment on business matters, then, could I?"
[2012-02-01 22:19:53] <Loreli> That would depend...
[2012-02-01 22:19:55] <Narrator> After a few moments, the Draenei looks to Annalea the Lute-player.
[2012-02-01 22:19:58] * Rheugan notices the branch-catwalk for the first time, and stares in appreciation for a moment.
[2012-02-01 22:20:30] <Cannifrey Royce> leans closer, dog-eager.
[2012-02-01 22:21:08] * Annalea grins and plays a little riff more commonly heard in the Exodar than Darnassus.
[2012-02-01 22:21:24] <Loreli> Was there a particular point of interest to you?
[2012-02-01 22:21:59] <Zacharias> *has managed to sample the entire table in a /very/ short time, rather impressive really*
[2012-02-01 22:22:02] <Ti'Shoren> rolls his eyes. "Fine, loom, whatever you want. I suppose I ought to get up and circulate anyway."
[2012-02-01 22:22:39] <Ahrm> Mingle. With these binders.
[2012-02-01 22:22:43] * Ahrm snorts again
[2012-02-01 22:22:54] <Cannifrey Royce> looks...a little taken aback. "Well, no, not specifically, Miss Tymara. I'm just trying to fill column inches and the Riders are always good for, erm, circulation."
[2012-02-01 22:23:13] <Jaren Michaelson> *is not in the party, he was not even invited to the party, he doesn't do parties anyway. He's watching the warehouse. Waiting... *
[2012-02-01 22:23:18] <Cannifrey Royce> glances over his shoulder in Ti'Shoren's direction, then back to Lorelli with a knowing look.
[2012-02-01 22:23:37] <Narrator> The Draenei woman looks to Annalea, then past her. She gives a slight nod and a smile.
[2012-02-01 22:23:46] <Ti'Shoren> "Yes, mingle. It's my stock in trade, Flintfinger; we can't all open heads for a living."
[2012-02-01 22:23:59] <Ti'Shoren> "Well, apart from the metaphorical sense, I suppose." Ti'Shoren's companion gives a simpering giggle.
[2012-02-01 22:24:20] <Numi>*elbows her brother, snaps* Hey, you awake.
[2012-02-01 22:24:22] <Ahrm> Mingle away.
[2012-02-01 22:24:35] Rhode shuffles. "I am awake."
[2012-02-01 22:25:01] Rhodes notices Kyraine for the first time.
[2012-02-01 22:25:14] <Rhodes> "Numi, walk with me."
[2012-02-01 22:25:34] <Numi>*looks irritated* Where?
[2012-02-01 22:25:53] <Rhodes> "just follow" he says with a whine.
[2012-02-01 22:26:03] <Mutiny> is curled up on a nearby city wall with a buzzbox, looking bored and thinking Kyraine owes her about three cows for this.
[2012-02-01 22:26:14] * Rhodes walks towards Kyraine.
[2012-02-01 22:26:16] <Ti'Shoren> gets to his feet and joins the general crowd, insinuating himself with no trouble into any group he approaches.
[2012-02-01 22:26:43] * Ahrm scans the crowd. He glares at Rheugan.
[2012-02-01 22:26:48] <Cannifrey Royce> "Well. If you come up with anything, Miss Tymara, the Clarion-Bugle will be listening all night." He bows and fades back into the crowd, although not well.
[2012-02-01 22:26:49] * Loreli gives a dazzling smile, "Well, I can't say much, and you /didn't/ hear this from me but there's something in the works. Something big. It'll be a blast."
[2012-02-01 22:26:54] * Kyraine notices, and pushes herself away from the wall a bit.
[2012-02-01 22:27:19] * Zane has found a dark balcony two buildings to the south. None of the surrounding buildings in sight appear to have anyone in them and it provides a good view of the main street approaching the Party.
[2012-02-01 22:27:25] <Numi> *scowls and trails after Rhodes*
[2012-02-01 22:27:40] * Rheugan looks over just in time to catch the glare. He stares back with a neutral expression.
[2012-02-01 22:28:28] * Ahrm makes his way to Rheugan.
[2012-02-01 22:28:35] <Ahrm> What's your name?
[2012-02-01 22:28:58] * Threnn watches the ebb and flow of the crowd, looking to see who's talking to whom, where the connections are. The buffet table's probably not a terrible place from which to do this.
[2012-02-01 22:29:13] Rhodes smiles broadly and stares--for a second too long--at Kyraine. He begins to gush in Darnassian.
[2012-02-01 22:29:43] <Rheugan> Ah, Rheugan
[2012-02-01 22:29:59] <Kyraine> I don't speak elf.
[2012-02-01 22:30:06] <Ahrm> Ah, Rhueguan. how are we paying you?
[2012-02-01 22:30:22] * Rheugan blinks in surprise at Rhodes, then brings his attention back to the dwarf.
[2012-02-01 22:30:29] <Ti'Shoren> "Splendid, splendid, Antonin. I'll have it in the newspapers tomorrow morning, you have my word. Now if you'll excuse me, gentlemen, I am famished."
[2012-02-01 22:30:46] <Jaren> *has seen something that catches his eye. He leaves his spot in an attempt to get closer to the warehouse*
[2012-02-01 22:31:08] <Rheugan> Not badly, sir. Or were you referring to the currency type?
[2012-02-01 22:31:28] Rhodes looks hurt. He turns to Numi, briefly, then says back to Kyraine. "I Was commenting on your poise. And grace."
[2012-02-01 22:31:34] <Ti'Shoren> takes his leave of the group of seedy-looking businessmen he was talking to and approaches the buffet table, followed by a couple of hangers-on. He makes eye contact with Threnn as he walks up, and smiles. He is a handsome man, if you go for elves.
[2012-02-01 22:31:36] <Ahrm> The currency type
[2012-02-01 22:32:23] * Threnn nods at Ti'Shoren and returns the smile. "Lovely party."
[2012-02-01 22:32:24] <Rheugan> In gold, I believe. Sir.
[2012-02-01 22:32:36] * Ahrm narrows his eyes.
[2012-02-01 22:32:38] <Ti'Shoren> "I'm pleased you think so, Miss-?"
[2012-02-01 22:32:42] * Ahrm glares.
[2012-02-01 22:33:11] <Numi> *blinks* Wait.. what...?
[2012-02-01 22:33:13] * Kyraine raises an eyebrow. "Right."
[2012-02-01 22:33:30] Rhodes looks deflated.
[2012-02-01 22:33:31] * Rheugan remains impassive. Anyone that knows him, however, will notice him tense slightly.
[2012-02-01 22:33:44] * Loreli stays where she is, watching Kyraine and the elf. She's also spotted Threnn and Ti'Shoren.
[2012-02-01 22:33:52] <Ahrm> You going to spend that gold on flowers?
[2012-02-01 22:34:06] * @Bricu is in the kitchen.
[2012-02-01 22:34:23] * Zane notices the Dark move more than is should to his North east and freezes. He waits for a count of 20 and then counts backwards to zero before he dares breathe again and then moves to follow the moving shadow.
[2012-02-01 22:34:42] * Kyraine looks around the room, checking on Lore as she does so, and then glances back at Rhodes.
[2012-02-01 22:34:46] <Cannifrey Royce> picks morosely at the buffet table, his notepad stuffed into his belt, listening to Threnn & Ti'Shoren's conversation without approaching the party's host.
[2012-02-01 22:34:52] <Rheugan> I.. was not planning to, no.
[2012-02-01 22:35:08] <Threnn> Bittertongue.
[2012-02-01 22:35:09] <Zacharias> *has no cleared his plate and is eyeing the table yet again. He sneers*
[2012-02-01 22:35:14] <Ahrm> Good.
[2012-02-01 22:35:21] <Ahrm> Fucking Binders.
[2012-02-01 22:35:27] * Rheugan blinks.
[2012-02-01 22:35:55] <Ti'Shoren> raises a perfectly manicured eyebrow. "No...the Missus Bittertongue?"
[2012-02-01 22:36:03] <Ahrm> Never heard the term?
[2012-02-01 22:36:35] <Numi> You /can't/ be serious...
[2012-02-01 22:36:36] <Rheugan> Not familiar with it. Sir.
[2012-02-01 22:36:38] <Threnn> Unless there's something my husband's not telling me, I'm the only one.
[2012-02-01 22:37:02] * Kyraine eyes Numi. "Can't be serious about what, now?"
[2012-02-01 22:37:08] * @Bricu sends out another course. Steak Tartare, grilled sourdough with a fish-hash and fried mushrooms.
[2012-02-01 22:37:10] <Numi> *is sizing up Kyraine, she clearly does NOT like what she sees.*
[2012-02-01 22:37:31] <Rhodes> "I was being...."
[2012-02-01 22:37:50] Rhodes clutches his chest like a old human woman and make a pitiful noise.
[2012-02-01 22:37:50] <Ti'Shoren> "Moon and stars, imagine my fortune. I...didn't even realize I'd invited you, Missus Bittertongue."
[2012-02-01 22:37:54] <Zacharias> *is the first one at the table when the new course is set, he samples EVERYTHING, nothing seems to pass his test*
[2012-02-01 22:38:39] * Kyraine ignores the noise
[2012-02-01 22:38:49] <Kyraine> Look mate, I'm working. Go find someone else, aye?
[2012-02-01 22:38:52] * Threnn smiles gently. "Because you didn't. I'm not exactly a guest tonight."
[2012-02-01 22:38:55] <Ti'Shoren> "But I suppose these events have their own elush'teh varen ai...their pull of gravity. No?"
[2012-02-01 22:39:06] * Threnn gestures at Anna up onstage. "I'm taking up an old job for the night."
[2012-02-01 22:39:35] <Ti'Shoren> looks over at the stage, then back at Threnn, doing some mental calculations.
[2012-02-01 22:39:57] Rhodes knees buckle.
[2012-02-01 22:40:22] <Ti'Shoren> "Your...sister, I presume?"
[2012-02-01 22:40:32] * Kyraine takes a couple steps away from him, closer to Lore.
[2012-02-01 22:40:51] <Jaren> *has paused in his approach to the building. He's across the street bathed in shadow. He's good, but far from great.*
[2012-02-01 22:41:14] <Ahrm> Right, Ah, Rheugan. Carry on. Carry on.
[2012-02-01 22:41:22] * Loreli meets Kyr halfway, "Problem?"
[2012-02-01 22:41:32] <Threnn> Got it in one.
[2012-02-01 22:41:36] * Pitch peers out toward the buffet table. "Don't suppose I could sample the next one? I'm hungry."
[2012-02-01 22:41:53] <Kyraine> No problem. This elf here's a bit off, is all.
[2012-02-01 22:42:27] <Numi> *makes a sound of great offense* Excuse you?
[2012-02-01 22:42:30] Rhodes squeaks like a mouse and nearly collapses into Numi.
[2012-02-01 22:42:35] * Rheugan nods at the dwarf.
[2012-02-01 22:42:48] <Kyraine> Not you, your mate there. The one what's collapsing on you.
[2012-02-01 22:43:06] * Kyraine grins. "Hells, I'm not making a move on your boyfriend, aye?"
[2012-02-01 22:43:08] Rhodes blinks.
[2012-02-01 22:43:12] <Rhodes> MATE?
[2012-02-01 22:43:17] * Threnn offers Ti'Shoren an easy grin. "Someone has to lug her lute case around."
[2012-02-01 22:43:23] Rhodes collapses to the floor with a dramatic thunk.
[2012-02-01 22:43:49] * Rheugan blinks at Rhodes in mild confusion.
[2012-02-01 22:43:51] <Numi> Hardly. He's my brother. And you're hardly a match for him anyway.
[2012-02-01 22:43:59] * Ahrm turns at the commotion. His hand drops to his hammer, and he marches to the sound.
[2012-02-01 22:44:08] <Kyraine> Shite, sorry. Didn't know. Any rate, I agree with you, he's not a match for me.
[2012-02-01 22:44:19] <Ti'Shoren> "I see. You're her...accompaniment? Not musically speaking, I understand -" He pauses and looks away at the commotion, and rolls his eyes.
[2012-02-01 22:44:21] <Kyraine> So how about hauling him off, hn?
[2012-02-01 22:44:57] <Numi> We are /guests/ at this party. What are you? Someone's thug?
[2012-02-01 22:45:32] * Loreli adjusts a curl watching quietly. Kyr's got this. Right?
[2012-02-01 22:45:51] <Ti'Shoren> "My, we are slow to embrace civilization sometimes, aren't we? Excuse me, Missus Bittertongue, I had better go ensure none of the potential culprits ruin my party."
[2012-02-01 22:46:02] <Kyraine> Well, I prefer the term bodyguard, but hells, thug works.
[2012-02-01 22:46:03] <Threnn> By all means.
[2012-02-01 22:46:05] <Ti'Shoren> bows gracefully. "We'll speak again, I'm sure."
[2012-02-01 22:46:15] * Zane slowly eases around the corner, low with good cover from nearby bushes. He spots the form of someone in the shadows across the street from the party, and gives the transmit button on his buzzbox 3 quick clicks followed by 2 more in rapid succession, and just watches.
[2012-02-01 22:46:16] * Threnn ticks off a salute.
[2012-02-01 22:46:19] <Zacharias> *He's now watching the 'kitchen' or the corner of the warehouse they've cornered off as such*
[2012-02-01 22:46:33] * Rheugan glances up at Kyraine with one eyebrow raised. He's clearly having the same thought as Lore.
[2012-02-01 22:46:34] * Loreli snickers quietly.
[2012-02-01 22:46:38] * Kyraine grins at Numi. "Even told your brother there I was working. You sure he doesn't need a healer?"
[2012-02-01 22:46:45] <Cannifrey Royce> catches Threnn's eye from the buffet table, a questioning expression crossing his face.
[2012-02-01 22:46:49] <Ahrm> What the fuck is going on here?
[2012-02-01 22:46:59] <Numi> *kicks at Rhodes* Get up, idiot. You're making a scene.
[2012-02-01 22:47:05] * Ahrm looks at Numi, the fallen Rhodes, Kyraine and Lore.
[2012-02-01 22:47:10] <Ti'Shoren> makes his slow way over towards the little commotion, obviously hoping Ahrm will quiet it down before he has to do anything about it.
[2012-02-01 22:47:17] Rhodes beings to pick himself up.
[2012-02-01 22:47:29] * Loreli puts her hands up, she's got nothing to do with this. Honestly.
[2012-02-01 22:47:45] * Ahrm glares at Kyraine
[2012-02-01 22:48:05] * Threnn peers in the direction of the kerfluffle a moment, then gives Royce a tiny shake of the head.
[2012-02-01 22:48:05] <Ahrm> We pay you to be polite. you can't fucking do that, get out.
[2012-02-01 22:48:30] <Kyraine> Oi, mate. I don't work for you.
[2012-02-01 22:48:31] <Cannifrey Royce> suddenly sees someone very interesting across the room and makes his way in that direction.
[2012-02-01 22:48:38] * Loreli clears her throat, "She's not on your pay roll."
[2012-02-01 22:49:02] <Ahrm> Is the bitch your body guard then?
[2012-02-01 22:49:05] * Ahrm glares at Lore.
[2012-02-01 22:49:09] * Kyraine nods once at Lore and ambles over to stand slightly behind her
[2012-02-01 22:49:21] <Loreli> She is. And you can watch your tone in her regard as she hardly started this.
[2012-02-01 22:49:23] * Rheugan bristles visibly.
[2012-02-01 22:49:36] <Kyraine> I get a bonus for collecting insults, boss? So far I've got thug and bitch.
[2012-02-01 22:49:40] <Ti'Shoren> sighs and quickens his pace.
[2012-02-01 22:49:57] * Kyraine is clearly enjoying herself.
[2012-02-01 22:50:12] <Numi> My brother merely wanted to compliment her. It's not his fault she's uncouth!
[2012-02-01 22:50:19] <Kyraine> Uncouth!
[2012-02-01 22:50:21] Rhodes is whimpering.
[2012-02-01 22:50:30] <Kyraine> Well. That's not an insult, that's the truth. <nods at Numi> Doesn't count.
[2012-02-01 22:50:40] <Narrator> The Draenei woman makes her way towards Annalea
[2012-02-01 22:51:13] <Narrator> Tell me, sweet one, can you play something to soothe these savage beasts?
[2012-02-01 22:51:21] <Numi> Rhodes! Will you get ahold of yourself!
[2012-02-01 22:51:37] * Annalea winks at the Draenei.
[2012-02-01 22:51:44] <Annalea> That's my job.
[2012-02-01 22:51:46] <Davie Fennett> saunters out from a dark corner somewhere, oozing his unctuous way over to the buffet. He's a skinny, ferret-faced young man of average height, with too much pomade in his hair and the flickering eyes of a predator; even togged up expensively, there's no disguising Stormwind scum like this.
[2012-02-01 22:52:40] <Ti'Shoren> "Miss Tymara! Here you are after all, in every lovely inch of the flesh. And your fascinating young friend, too."
[2012-02-01 22:53:05] <Ti'Shoren> makes his entrance on the miniature clusterfuck, bowing elegantly to the two Rider women and not-coincidentally interposing himself between Kyraine and Numi.
[2012-02-01 22:53:30] <Narrator> "Wonderful" the woman says
[2012-02-01 22:53:46] * Ahrm doesn't take his hand off the hammer.
[2012-02-01 22:53:52] * Loreli turns that dazzling smile on Ti'Shoren, "I was wondering when you'd find your way over to say hello."
[2012-02-01 22:54:44] * Annalea plucks at the lute, teasing out the first few bars of a lively ballad.
[2012-02-01 22:55:03] <Ti'Shoren> "Oh, only my responsibilities as a host kept me away this long." He turns to Rhodes. "But what's this? Ennae-dath-belore, cousin? Are you well?"
[2012-02-01 22:55:06] * Annalea plays softly at first, then louder and louder, not singing just yet.
[2012-02-01 22:55:10] * Kyraine gives Ahrm an appraising look, then looks back at the elves.
[2012-02-01 22:55:41] <Zacharias> *has started inching his way towards the kitchen, he's going to have WORDS with the chef. You heard me. WORDS!*
[2012-02-01 22:55:55] <Davie Fennett> circles the buffet table like a hawk, doing his best to blend into the crowd. He can be unobtrusive as long as he doesn't make eye contact.
[2012-02-01 22:56:32] <Numi> He's fine. He's just being overly dramatic.
[2012-02-01 22:56:59] Rhodes stops whimpering. "I am not fine. My heart is shattered. BROKEN."
[2012-02-01 22:57:11] <Numi> I'm going to break your head.
[2012-02-01 22:57:28] <Ti'Shoren> smiles sadly and pats Rhodes on the shoulder. "Which of these wicked women is responsible, dear cousin?"
[2012-02-01 22:57:41] * Threnn gives Davie his space, her eyes skipping right over him as if he isn't even there.
[2012-02-01 22:57:45] Rhodes begins to tear up. "What good is it having a head if your heart has been shattered by the object of your affections."
[2012-02-01 22:57:59] Rhodes sniffles like a child, and nods towards Kyraine.
[2012-02-01 22:58:41] * Kyraine ignores the sniffling in favor of paying closer attention to the rest of the room.
[2012-02-01 22:58:49] <Numi> You don't even know her. What do you see in her anyway?!
[2012-02-01 22:59:24] <Ti'Shoren> follows Rhodes' gesture and shakes his head. "Something tells me, mas'duna, that you are not the first. Come, you look like you need a drink."
[2012-02-01 22:59:30] Rhodes looks past Kyraine. "I see raw, brilliant purity."
[2012-02-01 22:59:46] <Ti'Shoren> "Numi, dear, take your brother back to my table and get him a glass of moonglow?"
[2012-02-01 22:59:55] <Numi> Or for pity's sake...
[2012-02-01 23:00:30] * Rheugan rolls his eyes behind the others' backs.
[2012-02-01 23:00:32] <Numi> *grabs the back of Rhodes' collar* Come along /brother/
[2012-02-01 23:00:51] <Cannifrey Royce> slips out the front door, nodding to a guard. "Just passing through, sir, stepping out for a smoke. A shameful habit, I admit!"
[2012-02-01 23:01:07] * Pitch steps out in front of Angry Man. "Uh, cooks only in the kitchen. Can I help you?"
[2012-02-01 23:01:27] Rhodes is easily pulled away, but he continues to stare at Kyraine.
[2012-02-01 23:01:33] * Ahrm snorts.
[2012-02-01 23:01:35] <Zacharias> I demand to speak to the head chef!
[2012-02-01 23:01:40] * Kyraine shakes her head.
[2012-02-01 23:01:51] <Ti'Shoren> "Just one moment more, Miss Tymara, I need to confer briefly with my head of security here." Ti'Shoren nods to Ahrm and takes a couple of steps back.
[2012-02-01 23:01:57] <Pitch> He's busy with the steaks. Can I help?
[2012-02-01 23:02:47] <Zacharias> This food is deplorable. There's a gnome sells rat kabobs out of a rusty cart on the corner makes better slop than this mess!
[2012-02-01 23:03:59] * Kyraine mutters to Lore "You know that git and his sister?"
[2012-02-01 23:04:02] <Pitch> Um, everyone else seems to like it. Perhaps next time you could bring your own.. rat kabobs?
[2012-02-01 23:04:15] * Loreli shakes her head, "No, but Shoren called him 'cousin."
[2012-02-01 23:04:21] <Loreli> Be careful with that one...
[2012-02-01 23:04:29] * Ahrm walks back with Ti'Shoren
[2012-02-01 23:04:40] <Kyraine> Aye. Who the- <stops talking when Ahrm gets back>
[2012-02-01 23:04:42] <Zach> that is NOT the point.
[2012-02-01 23:04:46] <Ti'Shoren> holds a quick, whispered conversation with Ahrm, then turns away from the dwarf and returns to Kyraine & Lore.
[2012-02-01 23:05:32] <Zach> I'm sure not everyone DOES like it. Just none of them are quite as brave or willing to uphold the importance that is good food as I am!
[2012-02-01 23:05:36] * Pitch glances back toward the kitchen at a clatter.
[2012-02-01 23:06:15] <Pitch> Well, if they don't like it they're free to come make their own complaints. I uh, think I need to get back now.
[2012-02-01 23:06:23] * Ahrm walks towards Davie. He glances at Threnn once.
[2012-02-01 23:06:31] <Ti'Shoren> "My sincerest apologies, my nightingales. Idiot cousins shepherded off, boorish security officer put to work...I believe that's everything standing in the way of my evening's most enjoyable facet."
[2012-02-01 23:06:32] <Zach> Now see here young man!
[2012-02-01 23:06:42] <Ti'Shoren> "That being, of course, our conversation! I'm so pleased you came tonight."
[2012-02-01 23:06:48] * Threnn nods pleasantly at Ahrm, eats a strawberry.
[2012-02-01 23:07:01] * Ahrm whispers to Davie
[2012-02-01 23:07:13] <Loreli> How could we possibly pass on something like this?
[2012-02-01 23:07:16] <Davie Fennett> takes a seat at the table, obscured by a giant dessert of some kind, and talks to Ahrm.
[2012-02-01 23:07:28] * Threnn is totally giving off the bodyguard solidarity vibe.
[2012-02-01 23:07:44] <Ti'Shoren> "You're too kind. And how are you enjoying yourself, Miss...Kyraine, isn't it?"
[2012-02-01 23:07:49] <Pitch> Erm, I'm probably older than you are, you know. We'll have a new dish out shortly, perhaps you'll like that one better
[2012-02-01 23:08:07] <Zach> I.. well.. alright. But this is your last chance!
[2012-02-01 23:08:25] * Pitch flashes a grin, waves, and ducks back into the "kitchen"
[2012-02-01 23:08:25] <Kyraine> Aye, it is. Been interesting so far.
[2012-02-01 23:08:53] <Ti'Shoren> "I'm dreadfully sorry, again. Poor Rhodes is such an impressionable boy. Even going by a human name these days!"
[2012-02-01 23:09:23] <Loreli> That's terribly unfortunate. I'm sure the family must be crushed?
[2012-02-01 23:09:26] <Ti'Shoren> "The lengths some of us go to to fit in...but I'm sure you two are well accustomed to the ways of 'city elves,' if you'll pardon my saying so."
[2012-02-01 23:10:12] <Kyraine> More used to your military sorts. I've not seen one fall apart like that.
[2012-02-01 23:10:19] * Ahrm shakes his head. He scratches the side of his nose
[2012-02-01 23:12:35] <Davie Fennett> gets up and moves to the other side of the giant dessert, where Threnn can't see him.
[2012-02-01 23:13:25] * Threnn catches Anna's eye and drops her a wink.
[2012-02-01 23:13:49] <Loreli> I've been in Stormwind more than long enough to have acclimatized.
[2012-02-01 23:13:55] <Ti'Shoren> "A soldier, then. I must confess, I find it surprising to find military sorts in your outfit - with no offensive to you or your employers, of course."
[2012-02-01 23:14:00] <Ti'Shoren> "It's simply a striking concordance."
[2012-02-01 23:14:53] * Annalea ups the tempo a bit, doing a kind of hip-sway-shuffle around the stage.
[2012-02-01 23:15:04] <Kyraine> Hells, I don't think you're offending anyone.
[2012-02-01 23:15:07] <Kyraine> Don't worry about it.
[2012-02-01 23:15:13] * Rheugan is eavesdropping just off to the side of the elves & co.
[2012-02-01 23:15:24] <Ti'Shoren> "Are there many more of you military types in, ah, the colors, then?"
[2012-02-01 23:15:35] * Loreli is scanning the room idly.
[2012-02-01 23:16:17] <Kyraine> A couple. Figure, some sort of military or militia training's not that unusual, aye?
[2012-02-01 23:16:35] <Kyraine> Certainly doesn't seem to be for a lot of elves. The last time I was in Darnassus I had a bloody good time sparring with a few of your Sentinels.
[2012-02-01 23:16:43] * Ahrm looks back to Threnn, then to Annalea
[2012-02-01 23:17:11] <Ti'Shoren> chuckles. "A good way to work up a sweat. Not my favorite, mind you..." He winks at Lorelli and immediately laughs apologetically.
[2012-02-01 23:17:34] * Loreli laughs lightly, "Aw now, no need to go dragging up the past."
[2012-02-01 23:17:44] * Annalea lets the steps of her dance carry her past the dessert table, but she's got her hands full with this lute. And some awfully naughty lyrics.
[2012-02-01 23:18:02] * Kyraine looks between Lore and Ti'Shoren and grins
[2012-02-01 23:18:27] <Narrator> The draenei begins to tap her foot on the off beats.
[2012-02-01 23:18:31] <Ti'Shoren> "Just a passing remark, my dear. Brought on by the musical accompaniment, no doubt...and by the by, shame on you for not telling me you were providing the evening's entertainment, as well!"
[2012-02-01 23:18:54] <Loreli> I was just as pleasantly surprised as you were.
[2012-02-01 23:19:16] <Tarquin> <Ti'Shoren> mockingly shakes his finger. "Oh, you can't game me that easily, Miss Tymara. Mind you, I'm sure she's getting paid nicely, so I don't blame you at all."
[2012-02-01 23:19:43] <Ti'Shoren> "I've heard she - your bard, that is - has some other skills of note too. Is it true she studied at the Temple of the Moon?"
[2012-02-01 23:22:23] <Loreli> For a brief time, I haven't been privy to much in the regard. Perhaps she might be willing to discuss it herself.
[2012-02-01 23:23:23] <Annalea> *singing* "Oh, a wizard's staff has a knob on its end..."
[2012-02-01 23:23:37] <Loreli> This really is /quite/ the shindig. /Very/ impressive.
[2012-02-01 23:24:14] * Ahrm walks away from Davie to someone positioned at the door. He mutters a few words, and the man at the door leaves the Warehouse.
[2012-02-01 23:24:31] <Narrator> Someone has left the party.
[2012-02-01 23:24:44] <Ti'Shoren> "I'd hate to interrupt...but oh, I do my best."
[2012-02-01 23:25:04] <Zach> *taps his foot impatiently, he pokes his head into the kitchen*
[2012-02-01 23:25:06] <Cannifrey Royce> is still lurking outside smoking his cigarette. As the man leaving the warehouse hustles down the street, he drops hsi cigarette on the cobbles, checks his six, and follows.
[2012-02-01 23:25:13] * Rheugan catches the lyrics of Annie's song and blushes furiously.
[2012-02-01 23:25:34] <Loreli> I knew you were doing well for yourself, didn't realize it was quite this well
[2012-02-01 23:26:03] * Kyraine glances at Ahrm
[2012-02-01 23:26:11] <Ti'Shoren> "Oh, you know. Business is good. It pays to stay out of fights." He winks at Kyraine as he says that. "Though it might not be to everyone's taste."
[2012-02-01 23:26:39] <Jaren> *ducks out of his hiding place and slips towards another*
[2012-02-01 23:28:00] <Loreli> Have you been back to Darnassus recently?
[2012-02-01 23:28:03] * Kyraine grins at Ti'Shoren.
[2012-02-01 23:28:19] * Zane again waits for a count of 20 before moving to follow the darkened figure.
[2012-02-01 23:28:31] <Ti'Shoren> "Not for a good while, no, I'm afraid. Have you?"
[2012-02-01 23:29:00] <Loreli> Not recently. I've heard some interesting rumors...
[2012-02-01 23:29:10] <Ti'Shoren> raises an eyebrow. "Do tell."
[2012-02-01 23:29:53] <Davie Fennett> abruptly rises from the table and sidles across the room.
[2012-02-01 23:30:07] <Loreli> Just little bits and pieces here and there. Murmurs that the flower trade may be taking a foothold there as well... but listen to me talking business when there's party to be enjoyed.
[2012-02-01 23:30:14] <Narrator> Ahrm walks over to the doors. This is when the guard leaves the Warehouse.
[2012-02-01 23:30:41] <Ti'Shoren> "Business is the most enjoyable part, Miss Tymara. You're the one taught me that."
[2012-02-01 23:30:45] * Annalea begins a new song, the beat staying consistent with the Draenei woman's foot-tapping.
[2012-02-01 23:31:11] <Ti'Shoren> looks at Kyraine, laughing. "Look at her. As if she wasn't sizing up every coin-purse and belt knife that walked into this place."
[2012-02-01 23:31:16] <Davie Fennett> oozes unctuously up to Rheugan. "Oi, you."
[2012-02-01 23:31:16] * Threnn checks her position relative to Anna, keeping an eye on Fennett.
[2012-02-01 23:31:29] * Kyraine is doing just that, naturally.
[2012-02-01 23:31:41] * Loreli chuckles, "Well, I believe the other bit of that is 'nothing is free'."
[2012-02-01 23:31:53] * Rheugan jumps slightly and eyes the stranger. "Yes?"
[2012-02-01 23:32:03] <Kyraine> That being what she pays me for, aye.
[2012-02-01 23:32:30] <Kyraine> Same reason you pay that dwarf, I figure.
[2012-02-01 23:33:00] <Davie Fennett> "Takin' a walk, chuckles, and you're comin with. Flintfinger says you're solid."
[2012-02-01 23:33:23] <Ti'Shoren> "Oh, he's just a...necessary evil. Whereas you, dear, are surely so much more."
[2012-02-01 23:33:53] * Rheugan eyes him some more, then glances surreptitiously at Lore.
[2012-02-01 23:34:46] <Davie Fennett> follows Rheugan's glance. "What? Never mind that fuckin' poofter elf, rook. He ain't in charge here. That's me and Ahrm."
[2012-02-01 23:35:20] <Davie Fennett> "We run muscle here. So you want to stand around with your dick in your hand and never work here again, or you want to get a line on some real fuckin' coin?"
[2012-02-01 23:35:28] * Kyraine shrugs, and eyes the man talking to Rheugan. "Thanks for the compliment."
[2012-02-01 23:35:38] <Rheugan> .... very well, lead on
[2012-02-01 23:35:43] * Loreli doesn't risk making any sort of sign to Rheu.
[2012-02-01 23:35:48] <Ti'Shoren> "No trouble at all. They just come naturally."
[2012-02-01 23:36:05] <Davie Fennett> "That's more like it. I'm Davie, and I'm your new best friend, if you got half a brain."
[2012-02-01 23:36:14] <Kyraine> Aye, I noticed.
[2012-02-01 23:36:26] <Davie Fennett> leads Rheugan out the door, continuing to talk quietly.
[2012-02-01 23:37:06] * Rheugan says nothing, just listens as he walks.
[2012-02-01 23:37:16] <Davie Fennett> "Here's the score - we got a chance of real action tonight. Gettin' set up for it. But I got a bloke outside ain't checked in in a little while; I need to make certain he ain't lyin' in a red river afore we do anything."
[2012-02-01 23:37:31] <Davie Fennett> "You keep your mouth shut and watch my back. Got me?"
[2012-02-01 23:37:45] * Rheugan nods.
[2012-02-01 23:38:07] <Ti'Shoren> "By the way, I must tender my apologies for the other week. That fellow paying me a visit, and the entire awkwardness of that situation...I am dancing on the knife's edge in this business, the same as us all."
[2012-02-01 23:38:24] <Ti'Shoren> "My own oaths of non-violence are worth very little against those who have taken no such oath. I'm sure you understand."
[2012-02-01 23:39:55] <Davie Fennett> scoots around the corner and does a pretty good job of slipping into the shadows. He and Rheugan intend to patrol the perimeter of the warehouse, looking for Jaren.
[2012-02-01 23:40:08] * Loreli inclines her head, "Of course. I never know as the type to take sides."
[2012-02-01 23:41:35] <Ti'Shoren> "I think there's enough room in this city, let alone this world, for all of us. Though I understand you all have certain...opinions about the nascent lotus trade."
[2012-02-01 23:42:09] * Kyraine takes a step back from Lore and Ti'Shoren and goes back to doing the bodyguard thing.
[2012-02-01 23:42:38] <Loreli> Was never one for stating the obvious.
[2012-02-01 23:43:13] <Ti'Shoren> "Surely. And you, my dear?" He looks at Kyraine.
[2012-02-01 23:43:42] <Kyraine> I go with what the boss says.
[2012-02-01 23:43:50] * Kyraine nods at Lore.
[2012-02-01 23:44:30] <Ti'Shoren> "A credible tactic. Still...one must wonder if there's much difference, in the end, between peddling lotus to the dreamers and peddling whiskey to the drinkers."
[2012-02-01 23:44:36] <Ti'Shoren> "From an outsider's perspective, that is."
[2012-02-01 23:45:51] <Kyraine> If you're asking if I've an opinion beyond what I'm paid to care about, then no, I don't.
[2012-02-01 23:45:56] <Jaren> *has set up post across from the alley facing door, he's waiting for a signal*
[2012-02-01 23:46:24] <Davie Fennett> scoots around a corner, checking ceilings and streets. "Easy," he murmurs to Rheugan..."Just keep lookin' back."
[2012-02-01 23:47:05] <Loreli> S'less fighting over whiskey.
[2012-02-01 23:48:01] * Rheugan keeps his mouth shut and his eyes open as he follows.
[2012-02-01 23:48:06] <Ti'Shoren> "Not among whiskey drinkers, dear..."
[2012-02-01 23:49:38] * Zane is a building back, low to the ground and behind some bushes watching the unmoving figure and listening for any movement in the night air. He spots the pair of newcomers and drops even lower. Another 2 quick clicks followed by 4 on his buzz box.
[2012-02-01 23:50:23] <Narrator> The Draenei woman shakes her head.
[2012-02-01 23:50:33] <Narrator> She moves back to the table and sit down at her chair.
[2012-02-01 23:52:04] * Annalea 's fingers move faster on the strings, the melody becoming more intricate even as she sings a slower, sweeter song.
[2012-02-01 23:55:38] <Davie Fennett> leans against a seemingly random wall, talking in a low conversational tone that'd be mostly inaudible to anyone not right next to him - like Jaren now happens to be. "Where the fuck you been, kid?"
[2012-02-01 23:56:10] <Narrator> the Draenei woman rocks back and forth in tune.
[2012-02-01 23:56:46] <Jaren> What'd I tell you about that? I've been right where I'm supposed to be.
[2012-02-01 23:58:05] <Loreli> Its true that whiskey can bring out the violent nature in those who are already prone to such actions...
[2012-02-01 23:58:39] <Ti'Shoren> "It's why I stick to my wines and the like."
[2012-02-01 23:58:48] <Ti'Shoren> "That, and my delicate constitution." He chuckles again.
[2012-02-01 23:59:06] <Davie Fennett> "And not checkin' in. I was thinkin' you got made or somethin'."
[2012-02-02 00:00:21] * Kyraine looks amused.
[2012-02-02 00:00:22] <Jaren> Don't answer to you no how. I've been busy. What have you been doing? Drinking and dancing?
[2012-02-02 00:00:25] * Rheugan stands on Davie's other side, mostly out of sight of his companion. He watches their surroundings with an almost feral alertness.
[2012-02-02 00:00:49] <Loreli> I see your taste in wine has improved. What's this stuff go for now a days?
[2012-02-02 00:00:57] <Davie Fennett> "Don't get that mouth with me. I been runnin' the fuckin' show, is what."
[2012-02-02 00:01:05] <Davie Fennett> "You sayin' we're all clear?"
[2012-02-02 00:01:46] <Jaren> You're damn right I'm sayin' we're all clear. Let's put these bastards to rest.
[2012-02-02 00:01:53] <Ti'Shoren> shudders overdramatically. "It'd shame me to even say so out loud, my dear. The money I spend on such fripperies...but one has to present a certain appearance, hmm?"
[2012-02-02 00:02:22] <Davie Fennett> "Easy, Jaren. Damn, you're worse'n my fuckin' brother. Listen..."
[2012-02-02 00:03:07] <Davie Fennett> trails off and looks over at Rheugan. "Fuck off a little distance, huh? I need to talk private matters with this prick."
[2012-02-02 00:03:15] <Davie Fennett> "You're makin' a decent impression, but you ain't payroll yet."
[2012-02-02 00:03:47] <Loreli> Information is paying better and better these days, huh? Maybe its time I made a switch in career paths...
[2012-02-02 00:04:03] <Ti'Shoren> 's eyes flash with interest for a moment. "Really, now."
[2012-02-02 00:04:05] * Zane watches the conversation in the shadows and although he can't hear what is being said, he can hear the tone from the one he's been following and gets a bad feeling about this...
[2012-02-02 00:04:18] * Rheugan blinks, then moves off. He stops out of normal hearing distance.
[2012-02-02 00:05:11] <Ti'Shoren> "Just looking for something a little more, ah, restful?"
[2012-02-02 00:05:14] * Loreli looks to Kyraine, "Give us a moment, would you?
[2012-02-02 00:06:10] * Kyraine nods at Lore and backs off a few steps.
[2012-02-02 00:06:11] <Davie Fennett> waits until he's satisfied Rheugan is out of hearing range and starts talking to Jaren.
[2012-02-02 00:06:46] <Davie Fennett> "Listen. We got guests. More'n just the couple Riders that poofter elf said - Bittertongue's wife and her fuckin' sister, the one did for Fats Hartwell and Ginger Dan."
[2012-02-02 00:07:03] * Loreli looks back to Ti'Shoren, dropping her voice, "Let's say... purely for the sake of argument... that things aren't quite as... lucrative as they could be."
[2012-02-02 00:07:28] <Ti'Shoren> "I understand, my dear Miss Tymara, we are speaking entirely theoretically. But let us say that."
[2012-02-02 00:07:35] <Ti'Shoren> "Would you be interested in offering your services elsewhere?"
[2012-02-02 00:08:00] <Loreli> Yeah, say I'm looking for something a little more 'restful' as it were. Things are getting hot around here and I'm ready to jump... who'd you suggest I talk to?
[2012-02-02 00:08:04] <Davie Fennett> "So we're gettin' Billy's mob to come drop the fuckin' lotta them. I want 'em alive, Ahrm wants 'em dead, no matter."
[2012-02-02 00:08:18] <Ti'Shoren> "That depends on how long of a jump you're talking about, Tymara."
[2012-02-02 00:08:19] <Jaren> Shit, really?
[2012-02-02 00:08:29] <Ti'Shoren> 's manner has changed somewhat - his eyes clearer, his speech less polite.
[2012-02-02 00:08:57] <Ti'Shoren> "If you're seriously thinking of slipping that red and black skin you wear, then, well...I can put you in with some people."
[2012-02-02 00:08:59] <Jaren> Fuck it all anyway, that's even better.
[2012-02-02 00:09:03] <Ti'Shoren> "Assuming you don't want to work for me."
[2012-02-02 00:09:48] <Davie Fennett> "Right? Stepped right in our fuckin' hands, Jaren. We get those two and the elf cunt messed up Billy's face, shit, we'll own Old Town!"
[2012-02-02 00:10:24] <Loreli> As lovely as it would be to work together again, we both know I work better alone. You can blame Lyas for that.
[2012-02-02 00:10:58] <Ti'Shoren> "Understood. So do you mean to be, ah, on the market as it were?"
[2012-02-02 00:11:22] <Davie Fennett> "So get lookin' - soon as Billy shows up with the mob, we're takin' the lot."
[2012-02-02 00:11:45] <Jaren> Alright. I'll hit the signal soon as he gets here.
[2012-02-02 00:12:20] * Loreli nods, "That's what I'm saying."
[2012-02-02 00:12:47] * Rheugan is taking considerable interest in the opposite wall. He glances over briefly, as if checking how much longer.
[2012-02-02 00:13:02] <Loreli> I'm damn sick of doing grunt work. Lyas gave me better jobs than the BS I run for this lot.
[2012-02-02 00:13:44] <Ti'Shoren> "Tell you what, Tymara. You sit around for a while, make conversation, look pretty...and when this party starts wrapping up, get rid of your muscle and I can put you in with the right people."
[2012-02-02 00:15:42] <Davie Fennett> "Good lad. I'm goin' back inside."
[2012-02-02 00:17:28] * Loreli nods, "Will do."
[2012-02-02 00:17:38] <Jaren> Wait... wait...
[2012-02-02 00:17:49] <Jaren> I have an even better idea...
[2012-02-02 00:18:06] <Davie Fennett> turns back. "What?"
[2012-02-02 00:18:28] <Jaren> S'just three women right... we can take 'em with what we have. Then we split the extra pay.
[2012-02-02 00:18:53] <Davie Fennett> "Don't be fuckin' stupid, Jaren. We'd get..."
[2012-02-02 00:19:08] * Ahrm looks around the room. He looks.....a bit more agitated.
[2012-02-02 00:19:09] <Davie Fennett> chews on his lip for a moment. "There's four, for starters. We'd need to drop em fast."
[2012-02-02 00:19:12] * Kyraine has another look around the room, with a glance at Lore to see if she's done talking yet.
[2012-02-02 00:19:43] <Jaren> All the credit for taking 'em. We'd be fuckin' heroes. Better than. We've got surprise, it WILL be fast.
[2012-02-02 00:20:25] <Davie Fennett> has a hunted look on his face. "You think we can do it?"
[2012-02-02 00:21:02] <Jaren> Shore knows his muscle better back us up or he's a dead man.
[2012-02-02 00:21:42] <Davie Fennett> "Fuckin'...aright. Aright. Imagine the look on Billy's face when he fuckin' gets here...yeah."
[2012-02-02 00:21:51] <Davie Fennett> "I'm goin' back in. Wait two minutes an' give the signal."
[2012-02-02 00:21:52] <Jaren> Exactly.
[2012-02-02 00:22:00] <Davie Fennett> "We're takin' 'em."
[2012-02-02 00:22:07] <Jaren> *nods*
[2012-02-02 00:22:25] <Davie Fennett> hustles back towards the warehouse. "Oi! New kid!"
[2012-02-02 00:22:40] <Davie Fennett> "Back inside. You're like to get some orders in a second. Just sit tight, it's no trouble at all."
[2012-02-02 00:22:47] * Zane doesn't like the attitude shift that he sees... something was just decided and it doesn't look good...
[2012-02-02 00:22:54] * Rheugan looks up sharply. "Done then?"
[2012-02-02 00:23:21] <Davie Fennett> "What'd I say? Aye, done, get inside."
[2012-02-02 00:23:29] <Davie Fennett> "This party's bout to get a fuckin' sight more interestin."
[2012-02-02 00:23:47] <Davie Fennett> grins viciously and hustles Rheugan back towards the warehouse.
[2012-02-02 00:24:36] * Rheugan lets himself be hustled. He manages one hard look in Zane's general direction.
[2012-02-02 00:25:43] <Davie Fennett> , once back inside, hurries up to Ahrm.
[2012-02-02 00:26:10] * Ahrm looks to Davie
[2012-02-02 00:26:13] <Davie Fennett> speaks in a whisper, not quite audible but loud enough for people to hear he's talking. "Flints! We're movin. Ain't sure what's happenin', but Jaren says somethin' changed."
[2012-02-02 00:26:15] * Ahrm grumbles
[2012-02-02 00:26:21] * Kyraine notices the hurrying, and raises an eyebrow
[2012-02-02 00:26:21] * Zane hears that last to Rheugan, and begins easing himself up to a crouch behind the tree and picks up a pair of small pebbles. He glances up toward the Window of the kitchens and waits till the pair have gone around the corner and then waits to a count of 30 then tosses both the pebbles up to hit the window pane. *PAPPAP*
[2012-02-02 00:26:22] <Davie Fennett> "Get ready for the signal."
[2012-02-02 00:26:36] * Ahrm glares at Davie, but he nods.
[2012-02-02 00:27:24] * Rheugan shoots a look to both Lore and Kyraine as he comes back in.
[2012-02-02 00:28:09] * Pitch cocks his head. "Did you hear that?"
[2012-02-02 00:28:26] * @Bricu nods. He take out the cleaver.
[2012-02-02 00:28:31] * Loreli is a bit distracted currently.
[2012-02-02 00:28:54] * Pitch eyes the cleaver and grins. "Time for the interesting part?"
[2012-02-02 00:28:58] <@Bricu> open the back door.
[2012-02-02 00:29:10] <@Bricu> Actually, I'll open it. Yeh pounce.
[2012-02-02 00:29:17] <Davie Fennett> hustles up to Ti'Shoren. "Scuze me, girls. Need to borrow this gent just a second."
[2012-02-02 00:29:36] * Loreli frowns at Davie, he looks kind of familiar...
[2012-02-02 00:29:41] * Threnn glances around, looking bored, taking note of where Ti'Shoren's people are around the room.
[2012-02-02 00:29:42] <Ti'Shoren> protests weakly as he is dragged aside and begins having a hushed argument with Davie.
[2012-02-02 00:29:46] * Kyraine has her attention on Davie
[2012-02-02 00:29:48] * Pitch nods, then turns into a 300-pound panther. Ready.
[2012-02-02 00:30:00] * @Bricu opens the back door to the kitchen
[2012-02-02 00:30:18] * Kyraine mutters "Lore."
[2012-02-02 00:30:36] * Loreli nods to Kyraine, "Yeah, don't like it either."
[2012-02-02 00:30:41] * Loreli scans the room for Rhuegan
[2012-02-02 00:30:56] * Kyraine nods and looks around the room, obviously more alert.
[2012-02-02 00:30:57] * Zane clicks his buzzbox transmitter 3 quick clicks and a dead stop.
[2012-02-02 00:31:01] * Rheugan eases closer to his friends. Quietly, "Here."
[2012-02-02 00:31:53] <Ti'Shoren> turns aside from Davie, shaking his head, and then throws up his hands and looks across the room at Loreli.
[2012-02-02 00:32:05] <Loreli> Something's up... see if you can slip over to Threnn.
[2012-02-02 00:32:40] * Annalea keeps playing, holding the notes longer.
[2012-02-02 00:32:59] * Pitch crouches, then launches himself toward the open doorway. Then tries to stop himself as he recognizes Zane's scent.
[2012-02-02 00:34:34] * Annalea taps out a rhythm with her heel, an anklet jingling in time.
[2012-02-02 00:33:37] <Pitch> Gah, sorry!
[2012-02-02 00:34:46] * Loreli notices Ti'Shoren's reaction, "Yup... I'm pretty sure this is about to get ug..."
[2012-02-02 00:35:21] <Jaren> *A sound like rifle fire echos not too far outside*
[2012-02-02 00:35:25] * Zane 's eyes go wide as he drops further toward the ground and then shakes his head. He motions toward the alley toward the east and the dark figure hiding therein.
[2012-02-02 00:36:22] * Pitch follows the gesture, then slips into the shadows along the wall outside.
[2012-02-02 00:36:32] <Narrator> The draenei's woman's eyes roll back into her head.
[2012-02-02 00:36:37] <Mutiny lifts her head, but stays where she is on the wall>
[2012-02-02 00:36:53] <Zane> "SHIT!" Races the cat toward the figure in back and dive tackles him into the wall.
[2012-02-02 00:37:55] <Davie Fennett> reaches into the pocket of his coat and whirls, flinging a glittering alchemical cloud out over the crowd...
[2012-02-02 00:38:25] * Pitch is right on his heels. He comes to a stop standing over the two, growling savagely.
Will you carry me down the aisle that final day
With your tears and cold hands shaking from the weight
When you lower me down beneath that sky of gray
Let the rain fall down and wash away your pain

Shaurria

Postby Shaurria » Fri Feb 10, 2012 1:52 pm

[2012-02-08 22:55:16] <Narrator> Davie and Ahrm are in the room. There are at least another dozen individuals working security present in Ti'Shoren's warehouse.
[2012-02-08 22:56:36] <Narrator> Everyone in the warehouse heard the shot. The security staff begins to scan the room. Ahrm looks at the Al'Cair women in turn.
[2012-02-08 22:59:36] * @Threnn looks right back at Ahrm. She doesn't have a gun, does she?
[2012-02-08 22:59:50] * @Threnn also starts edging closer to Annalea.
[2012-02-08 23:00:33] <Ahrm> Bloody fucking Binders.
[2012-02-08 23:00:40] <Ahrm> HEY! You two !
[2012-02-08 23:00:58] * Annata sets down the tray of glasses and the decanter of this course's wine.
[2012-02-08 23:01:06] <Davie Fennett> opens the hostilities, such as they are, by moving to fling a glittering arc of alchemical powders across the room. Whatever he's using is engineered for a broad spread, and everyone from Ti'Shoren's corner to the buffet table is caught in the spread.
[2012-02-08 23:01:15] * Rheugan tries to signal Lore and Kyr, without looking like he is.
[2012-02-08 23:01:18] * Loreli glances across the room trying to catch Threnn or Annie's eye.
[2012-02-08 23:01:45] <Ahrm> Lights damned...
[2012-02-08 23:02:19] * Ahrm begins to walk briskly to the Al'Cairs. He scans the room for Davie. And his left hand never leaves his hammer.
[2012-02-08 23:03:41] * Annata ducks under the table.
[2012-02-08 23:03:55] * @Threnn is getting to her sister, damn it. ((Stubborn!))
[2012-02-08 23:05:15] <Ahrm> You lazy fucking guards!
[2012-02-08 23:05:32] * Ahrm points at two night elves in TiShoren's colors.
[2012-02-08 23:05:43] <Ahrm> Flank those two fucking bitches.
[2012-02-08 23:05:48] <Ahrm> I want them contained!
[2012-02-08 23:05:51] * Annalea uh, holds her breath and reaches for her herb pouch to see what she's got to counteract.
[2012-02-08 23:06:08] <Davie Fennett> 's alchemical concoction is a low-grade poison that dims the senses and damages balance. Anyone affected rolls one less die on all physical actions for two rounds.
[2012-02-08 23:06:22] <Davie Fennett> definitely threw it on some of his own guys, though, so no worries.
[2012-02-08 23:07:04] * Loreli is caught mid breath and swears at her own idiocy
[2012-02-08 23:08:22] * Rheugan shifts to cat and ducks under the nearest table.
[2012-02-08 23:09:04] <Ti'Shoren> flails his hands, shouting in elven. For those who speak it, he is commanding his goons "No, no! Stand down!" And switching to common - "Everyone stand down!"
[2012-02-08 23:09:43] * @Threnn , at Ahrm's orders, puts a hand to her sword as she heads for Anna.
[2012-02-08 23:10:01] * Ahrm flashes a glare to Ti'Shore.
[2012-02-08 23:10:17] * Kyraine starts coughing and calls out "Fuck you, longears"
[2012-02-08 23:10:18] <Ahrm> You binder sucking fuck-wit.
[2012-02-08 23:10:52] <Annalea> Fuck. Damn it.
[2012-02-08 23:10:56] * Rheugan growls from under the table.
[2012-02-08 23:11:01] * Loreli is trying to process, did she hear correctly.
[2012-02-08 23:11:14] * Annata notices Rheugan. Not entirely sure what to do with AngryDruid.
[2012-02-08 23:11:14 <Ti'Shoren> hisses to Ahrm "We had a deal, thug! Boys, don't-"
[2012-02-08 23:11:37] * Annalea teeter-hops off the stage towards her bulldozing sister.
[2012-02-08 23:11:54] <Ahrm> You know who those two <dwarven curse> are? This is a set up.
[2012-02-08 23:12:04] <Jaren> *finds himself in a elven/cat pile*
[2012-02-08 23:12:31] <Davie Fennett> hollers as he crosses the room "FUCKIN' TAKE EM!" And the hall begins to pile up with armed men.
[2012-02-08 23:12:54] <Loreli> Well that's not good...
[2012-02-08 23:14:10] <Annalea> I'm a *cough* FUCKING BARD you *cough* GIT! Ask around the Pride. *cough*
[2012-02-08 23:15:01] * Bricu does not hear Ahrm.
[2012-02-08 23:18:03] <Narrator> Begin scene 2. The room is flooded with Tishorens' guards. They stack on the staircase, and in the floor. Some have rifles out and ready. On Ti's word, the rifles are pointed up.
[2012-02-08 23:20:06] <Narrator> The men with the rifles, on Ti'shoren's command, leave the room
[2012-02-08 23:22:07] * Ahrm glares at Ti'Shoren.
[2012-02-08 23:22:14] <Ahrm> What's your fucking game here?
[2012-02-08 23:22:36] * Ahrm struts toward the Elf.
[2012-02-08 23:22:55] * @Threnn strides up to Anna and shoves the bard behind her, eyes scanning for other Riders.
[2012-02-08 23:23:01] <Ahrm> You're in on this. You <dwarven cursing> Binder fucking <cursing>
[2012-02-08 23:23:41] * Kyraine draws her sword, muttering "fuck this," and looks around for people.
[2012-02-08 23:23:55] * Rheugan is still growling quietly under the table, eyes fixed on Ahrm.
[2012-02-08 23:23:56] <Jaren> *takes a swing at the nearest mass*
[2012-02-08 23:26:51] * Ahrm pulls his hammer and hooks Ti's Leg, pulling him to the ground. That's when Ahrm levels a kick that sends TiShoren unconscious.
[2012-02-08 23:27:12] <Ahrm> GET YOUR USELESS MOTHER FUCKING ARSES OUT HERE. I WANT THOSE FUCKING RIDER BITCHES ON A PIKE!
[2012-02-08 23:27:31] * Annalea , still swearing a blue streak, starts gathering the shadows.
[2012-02-08 23:27:47] <Ti'Shoren> gurgles into unconsciousness.
[2012-02-08 23:27:49] <Jaren> *misses connecting with Pitch's jaw but just barely*
[2012-02-08 23:27:59] * Rheugan 's growling escalates.
[2012-02-08 23:28:25] * Loreli sees Threnn headed for Annie and decides to make her way to the unconscious Ti'Shoren.
[2012-02-08 23:28:31] * Annata makes a sneaky run toward the kitchen, camouflaged with a bin of dirty plates.
[2012-02-08 23:28:43] * Annata alerts the FUCK out of the Kitchen.
[2012-02-08 23:29:16] <Annalea> Never been on a pike before, Threnny.
[2012-02-08 23:29:17] * Bricu in the kitchen, "Yer fuckin....."
[2012-02-08 23:29:23] <A Cartel Goon> intercepts Loreli, sword in hand.
[2012-02-08 23:29:30] * Bricu grabs his cleaver and his service dagger.
[2012-02-08 23:29:37] * Kyraine yells "Rheu, kill that fucking dwarf!"
[2012-02-08 23:29:38] <@Threnn> Got run through once back at the Abbey. It's not fun.
[2012-02-08 23:29:43] <A Cartel Goon> - two in fact - rush for Kyraine.
[2012-02-08 23:29:51] * Bricu leaves the kitchen in a hurry.
[2012-02-08 23:29:56] * @Threnn draws her sword.
[2012-02-08 23:30:01] * Zane slams an Elbow into Jaren's Jaw with a Sharp Upward movement
[2012-02-08 23:30:05] * Annalea shadowform, motherfuckers!
[2012-02-08 23:30:06] * Rheugan snarls and darts out toward Ahrm.
[2012-02-08 23:30:11] * Kyraine gets her back to the wall and waits for them
[2012-02-08 23:30:44] <Narrator> The men with the rifles appear back from the guard house. The hold their fire.
[2012-02-08 23:30:49] <jaren> *takes elbow to the jaw*
[2012-02-08 23:31:20] <Ahrm> Come here long ears!
[2012-02-08 23:31:31] * Bricu is wearing his chef's hat.
[2012-02-08 23:31:36] <A Cartel Goon> takes a wide, wild swing at Loreli. He knows how to use a sword, and mostly he's just really big.
[2012-02-08 23:31:39] * Loreli produces a knife from... somewhere, don't ask. It's not a dagger but it'll work in a pinch!
[2012-02-08 23:32:28] <A Cartel Goon> draws on Kyraine, while his buddy moves around to flank Kyraine. Only one of them can actually attack in the tight space, but it provides a distraction - for an extra die.
[2012-02-08 23:33:42] * Annata ducks out of the kitchen and sneaks along the back wall, making for the ladder.
[2012-02-08 23:34:28] * Kyraine will attempt to block the attack- use tactics, combat-tested, stubborn, but -1 for the poison
[2012-02-08 23:34:50] <A Cartel Goon> 's attack bounces of Kyraine's shield, ineffective!
[2012-02-08 23:35:05] <Tarquin> <Davie Fennett> "Get those bitches!" Davie beckons three of his goons towards the Al 'Cair sisters.
[2012-02-08 23:35:29] <A Cartel Goon> takes the lead, impetuously rushing Threnn with a charge attack, trying to bear her to the ground with his weight!
[2012-02-08 23:35:50] * Loreli dodges the blade with Lightning Reflexes.
[2012-02-08 23:36:20] <Jaren> *is dazed, flails wildly*
[2012-02-08 23:36:25] * @Threnn is already in her blocking stance, keeping her center of gravity nice and solid.
[2012-02-08 23:36:27] * Kyraine will attack the one she just blocked, same thing
[2012-02-08 23:37:20] * Loreli needs to get her hand on a pair of daggers and stat
[2012-02-08 23:37:20] <A Cartel Goon> is hammered backwards by Kyraine's shield bash, sprawling stunned to the floor.
[2012-02-08 23:38:00] <A Cartel Goon> meanwhile fails to knock Threnn over, ended up in a melee clinch with inconclusive results.
[2012-02-08 23:38:29] * Ahrm has one hand behind his back, another hand is holding his rather plain looking hammer.
[2012-02-08 23:38:58] * Annalea looks /really fucking annoyed/ through her shadows.
[2012-02-08 23:40:52] * Annalea waits for Davie and his goons to get in a bit closer, before she throws her head back and *wails*.
[2012-02-08 23:43:33] <Davie Fennett> and his goons attempt to resist the Psychic Scream!
[2012-02-08 23:44:13] <Davie Fennett> shakes his head and stands his ground, glaring. Until all 3 of his goons cower back in fear, at which point he begins to rethink his plan.
[2012-02-08 23:46:53] <Zane> Zane Grabs a hold of Jaren's Head by his neck with his thumbs on either side of Jaren's windpipe, and SLAMS his head against the cobblestone street.
[2012-02-08 23:48:52] * @Threnn digs in her heels and tries an old trick from Swordfighting 101: get your opponent off-balance and knock him backwards. Lets up a little, then SHOVES.
[2012-02-08 23:49:55] <A Cartel Goon> , rattled by Annie's scream, attempts to resist.
[2012-02-08 23:49:56] <Jaren> *doesn't even have a chance of resisting that, takes it like a bitch and blacks out*
[2012-02-08 23:50:09] <A Cartel Goon> manages to hold his ground!
[2012-02-08 23:50:14] * @Threnn hates this goon!
[2012-02-08 23:50:18] <Davie Fennett> steps back slowly, digging into his belt pouches and exhorting his goons. "C'mon, you useless fucks, get back in there!" His thugs get a chance to rally.
[2012-02-08 23:50:34] * Pitch approves of Zane's methods. :D
[2012-02-08 23:51:00] <A Cartel Goon> is rallied and shoves right back! The other two remain shaken this round, approaching only reluctantly.
[2012-02-08 23:51:43] * Annata does NOT run for the ladder. Instead, sticks her head out into the open door, alerting those in the street.
[2012-02-08 23:53:05] <A Cartel Goon> realizes he has no company while fighting Lorelli, and adopts a defensive stance, adding a die to any attempts to parry this round.
[2012-02-08 23:53:30] <A Cartel Goon> is on the floor, recovering. His companions takes a swing at Kyraine!
[2012-02-08 23:54:32] * Annalea grins at the goons and Davie, a Cheshire-like flash of white in the shadows. "Come on, then," she says, and weaves tendrils of shadow around them.
[2012-02-08 23:54:48] * Loreli strikes at the goon with Lightning Reflexes, being a Deceiver she feints to the left before attacking right. (3 Dice)
[2012-02-08 23:54:51] <Tarquin> Kyraine blocks easily, and has the chance to retaliate.
[2012-02-08 23:55:20] * Zane looks up at Pitch as he tries to untangle himself from Jaren's unconscious form and hears Annata's warning, "GO!"
[2012-02-08 23:55:20] <A Cartel Goon> is proper fucked.
[2012-02-08 23:55:44] <A Cartel Goon> is straight up knifed and yelps in pain, not dead but badly injured.
[2012-02-08 23:55:58] * Pitch dashes for the door immediately.
[2012-02-08 23:56:17] * Kyraine will do just that with a sword
[2012-02-08 23:56:46] <A Cartel Goon> is sworded. Ow. He's still in the fight but he's not having fun.
[2012-02-08 23:58:15] <Davie Fennett> is able to dive back out of the range of Annalea's gross shadow-touching. None of his goons are so lucky, all shivering as the dark energy passes through their bodies. They are SEEEAAAARRRED
[2012-02-09 00:01:17] * Bricu sees a Goon near Threnn. He yells, "Get away from the MISSUS!"
[2012-02-09 00:01:30] <A Cartel Goon> is also proper fucked.
[2012-02-09 00:03:22] <Tarquin> There are two goons left, besides the artillery! They've been hanging back, but now rush Lorelli. That is their action this round.
[2012-02-09 00:07:24] * Zane Finishes separating himself from Jaren and starts running around to the west side of the building where the main loading entrance is. As he's running, he activates his Buzzbox and calls out, "Front Door! Code Alpha!" ((Channi enroute))
[2012-02-09 00:08:38] * Annalea hears Bricu coming. "Think our cover's blown, Threnny."
[2012-02-09 00:08:52] * @Threnn would glare at her sister if it weren't for this goddamned goon.
[2012-02-09 00:11:24] * Rheugan attempts to dart behind Ahrm and swipes at him with claws extended.
[2012-02-09 00:12:14] <Ahrm> This isn't Ahrm's first close fight with a druid. He a *sneaky* bastard and dodges the swipe. While Rheugan comes close, Ahrm's *thick skin* isn't cut.
[2012-02-09 00:12:31] * Ahrm spits. Woof Woof, pussy.
[2012-02-09 00:15:24] <Narrator> Round 3. Chaani appears in 2 rounds.
[2012-02-09 00:16:15] <Narrator> Let's return to the AL'Cair sisters and their dance partners.
[2012-02-09 00:16:28] * @Threnn glances at the goon's sword and winces. "'s that Broderick's mark? You know he used brittle steel, right?"
[2012-02-09 00:17:34] <A Cartel Goon> isn't very smart, but he's fought enough to know a distraction when he hears one.
[2012-02-09 00:18:48] <Tarquin> <A Cartel Goon> isn't quite fooled, but neither does he gain any advantage.
[2012-02-09 00:20:37] <Davie Fennett> circles around, pulling out a knife, as his other two goons move forward towards Threnn. It's going to get ugly in there - but Bricu is on his way.
[2012-02-09 00:21:17] * Annalea glances around for Davie, making the shadows she sends after him dance to a phrygian tune.
[2012-02-09 00:21:59] * @Threnn still goes for the disengage-sidestep-swing.
[2012-02-09 00:22:20] * Loreli stabs at the goon again, those lightning reflexes almost unseen and tosses in a bit of witty banter "Take it like a man!"
[2012-02-09 00:22:47] <A Cartel Goon> doesn't even get a roll. He's on the ground and has two successes of damage.
[2012-02-09 00:22:51] <A Cartel Goon> is fuckin DEAD.
[2012-02-09 00:23:03] * Kyraine goes after the one she just sworded
[2012-02-09 00:23:05] * Pitch looks around upon entering and sees Threnn first, but veers off when he sees Bricu heading to help. He spots Kyr and heads that way.
[2012-02-09 00:23:27] <A Cartel Goon> doesn't look away, but Threnn's sudden movement still rattles him!
[2012-02-09 00:25:01] <A Cartel Goon> attempts to block Kyraine's attack, not even making his own attack against her this round.
[2012-02-09 00:25:45] <A Cartel Goon> blocks! His comrade rejoins the fray, but instead of attacking, turns to confront the oncoming specter of Pitch.
[2012-02-09 00:26:09] <Tarquin> meanwhile, two more goons approach Lorelli, attempting the same flank-and-attack maneuver the other pair used on Kyraine.
[2012-02-09 00:26:26] <Tarquin> One success to attack Lorelli. They're a little rattled by the dead guy.
[2012-02-09 00:26:32] <Tarquin> And how casually she just murdered his fucking soul.
[2012-02-09 00:26:47] * Zane turns the corner and dives in the door and rolls to a crouch to assess the situation. He sees the goons with guns, but they don't seem to be attacking, so instead focuses on the goons approaching Lore from the stage area and the greasy MOFO heading toward Threnn.
[2012-02-09 00:27:55] * Pitch bares his teeth at the goon and, instead of trying to dodge, he just launches himself at the guy.
[2012-02-09 00:28:40] <Bricu> Bricu, *fast for his size*, swings his cleaver at the Cartel goon attack Threnn. He follows the cleaver swing with a "Strong Right hook" using his service daggers pommel for an extra oomph. As the goon turns to block, Bricu follows up his *boxing move* with a *headbutt*.
[2012-02-09 00:28:55] <Davie Fennett> has a mind. Now FLAY THAT SHIT! He curses out loud and stumbles.
[2012-02-09 00:30:17] <A Cartel Goon> meets the attack head-on!
[2012-02-09 00:30:33] <A Cartel Goon> chose...poorly. He manages to attack Pitch simultaneously, though!
[2012-02-09 00:31:34] * Loreli puts those lightning reflexes to work!
[2012-02-09 00:31:51] <A Cartel Goon> manages to parry the attack. Another goon hits Lorelli!
[2012-02-09 00:33:17] <A Cartel Goon> 's axe sinks into Pitch's side, dealing one success of damage. But he is way worse off himself, taking two and going to the floor with a yell of pain.
[2012-02-09 00:34:37] <A Cartel Goon> rushes for Bricu, while the other darts in to attack Annalea!
[2012-02-09 00:35:07] <Narrator> With one point of damage, Pitch is injured. He takes a penalty....but maybe he has a perk that lets him use that as an advantage.
[2012-02-09 00:35:39] * Loreli takes sword to the leg, not a good place. Is there really a good place to take a sword?
[2012-02-09 00:35:50] * Kyraine doesn't think so
[2012-02-09 00:39:01] <Narrator> The ginger bastard is quick.
[2012-02-09 00:39:18] <A Cartel Goon> 's wild swing flashes right past Bricu...and towards the goon the paladin is battling!
[2012-02-09 00:40:11] <A Cartel Goon> is feeling pretty good with himself for battling Bricu...until his buddy's mace goes whistling past the surprisingly swift paladin and crunches into his side. He reels back, taking two dice of damage.

Shaurria

Postby Shaurria » Fri Feb 17, 2012 1:21 am

[2012-02-15 22:47:01] <A Cartel Goon> engaged in combat with Threnn, straining shield to shield, attempts some fancy footwork to maneuver himself between Threnn and Bricu. He seems to have a bit of a brain, this fellow!
[2012-02-15 22:50:12] * Threnn has trained recruits at the Abbey. She's seen this before and is, after all, her father's clever girl. She shifts in concert with the goon.
[2012-02-15 22:50:38] <A Cartel Goon> 's action fails miserably - no repositioning of himself OR Threnn.
[2012-02-15 22:51:05] * @Loreli yanks her knife from the body of the dead goon and spins to meet the next goon she's going to make her bitch.
[2012-02-15 22:51:51] <A Cartel Goon> raises his buckler defensively.
[2012-02-15 22:52:15] <A Cartel Goon> blocks the blow!
[2012-02-15 22:52:39] <Ahrm> Don't know whether to call you a bitch or a pussy, little druid.
[2012-02-15 22:52:45] * Ahrm grins wickedly.
[2012-02-15 22:53:05] <A Cartel Goon> battling Kyraine gives a little ground, forgoing the push of shield against shield for a power attack with his axe.
[2012-02-15 22:53:09] * Rheugan instinctively goes for Ahrm's hamstrings, sharp claws extended as he darts in.
[2012-02-15 22:54:14] * @Loreli spares a brief moment to look around for Zane who should be packing her daggers.
[2012-02-15 22:55:25] * Kyraine brings her shield up to try and block the strike
[2012-02-15 22:56:20] * Threnn checks her stance, making sure it's solid, and swings her sword at the goon.
[2012-02-15 22:56:28] * Rheugan thinks he should've gone for a goon instead...
[2012-02-15 22:56:38] * @Loreli thinks Rheu is right...
[2012-02-15 22:56:50] <<Game Master>> Kyraine blocks the goon's wild blow, placing her shield in just the right place to deflect the powerful swing. The goon barely keeps a grip on his sword, and is thrown completely off-balance.
[2012-02-15 22:57:39] <<Game Master>> Meanwhile, Rheugan's claw at the hamstring doesn't go as planned - Ahrm, far quicker than he looks, steps back and, with a bit of fancy footwork, wedges Rheugan against one of the nearby tables, setting him up for a devastating counterattack.
[2012-02-15 22:58:29] <Ahrm> quickly swings his hammer and hatchet down at Rhuegan, laughing all the while.
[2012-02-15 22:58:29] <<Game Master>> At last! Threnn lands a solid blow on the goon she's been battling, who can't quite get his shield up in time. He grunts in pain as the sword crunches into his shoulder, but holds his ground.
[2012-02-15 23:00:04] * Pitch spots a distracted Ahrm and goes in hard, his sharp teeth looking to rend any part of the dwarf he can reach.
[2012-02-15 23:00:25] <A Cartel Goon> circles slowly towards Annalea. Unlike his fellows, he has a free hand instead of a buckler, and dips into his coat to fling a knife at the bard.
[2012-02-15 23:01:19] <Annalea> Son of a WHORE.
[2012-02-15 23:02:03] * Annalea pulls the shadows a little closer, trying to make herself harder to see. And, uh. Ducks.
[2012-02-15 23:02:32] <<Game Master>> The dagger flies wide of the mark, but not by much.
[2012-02-15 23:03:16] <<Game Master>> Some sixth sense warns the vicious Flintfinger of the impending attack, and he sidesteps, again moving far faster than he ought to be.
[2012-02-15 23:03:43] * Pitch thinks Ahrm is cheating. >:|
[2012-02-15 23:04:40] <Davie Fennett> takes the time to chug a quick potion, healing himself of the wound inflicted by Annalea's Mind Sear, and dances in to menace Bricu. While he doesn't engage in direct combat, his presence emboldens the goon fighting Bittertongue
[2012-02-15 23:05:05] <Channi> A Dark Form comes flying in low over the harbor and angles up slightly as it passes the Lighthouse and heads toward the Drydocks. (Will arrive next Round)
[2012-02-15 23:05:58] <A Cartel Goon> battling Loreli comes around with a low slash, trying to hack at her legs and limit her movement. He is aided by his ally's presence.
[2012-02-15 23:07:40] * @Loreli notices she's pretty much alone in this mess, but its cool, she's got this. "Ya know, I may have said the party was dull, you didn't have to take it to heart." She dodges left, slashing as she goes.
[2012-02-15 23:08:24] <<Game Master>> Loreli easily skips over the low cut, her elven athleticism making her easily clear the blade. She's set up for a counterattack!
[2012-02-15 23:10:18] * Bricu barks out a few orders. "Push the dwarf ta the fuckin' wall. Threnny, a wee push!"
[2012-02-15 23:10:40] <<Game Master>> Bricu has activated a perk! Everyone can add one die to their attacks and defenses on their next turn!
[2012-02-15 23:11:13] <<Game Master>> And by everyone I mean you guys. Not the NPCs. That'd be odd.
[2012-02-15 23:11:28] <<Game Master>> YES SIR LET'S FUCKIN GET EM -Davie Fennett attempts to blend in
[2012-02-15 23:11:31] <Threnn> 's what you lot said when Naiara was coming. Like it was that easy.
[2012-02-15 23:11:32] * Bricu lunges foward with his service dagger, and takes a swipe with his cleaver.
[2012-02-15 23:12:02] <A Cartel Goon> , given heart by the fact that Davie Fennett hasn't already run the fuck away, feints left and then bulls right at Bricu, a downward smash with his heavy mace. They attack simultaneously.
[2012-02-15 23:12:48] * Bricu glares at Davie
[2012-02-15 23:12:53] <Bricu> Yer next, wanker.
[2012-02-15 23:13:33] * Pitch shifts from cat to bear in an eyeblink. He roars at Ahrm.
[2012-02-15 23:13:43] <Ahrm> Oh look
[2012-02-15 23:13:48] <Ahrm> Pussy's got a roar.
[2012-02-15 23:13:56] <<Game Master>> Bricu's cleaver clangs off the falling mace, deflecting it aside just enough, and his dagger sinks home in the man's side. The goon staggers back, bleeding but unbowed.
[2012-02-15 23:13:58] * Ahrm Snarls back. It isn't nearly as impressive.
[2012-02-15 23:14:09] <Kyraine> Dwarf tastes like chicken.
[2012-02-15 23:14:20] <Kyraine> Not as good as land squid, though.
[2012-02-15 23:14:43] <Pitch> Got more than that, dwarf. Come closer and see.
[2012-02-15 23:15:04] * @Loreli chuckles at Kyraine, "Land squid?"
[2012-02-15 23:15:14] <<Game Master>> Both Bittertongues are easily able to tell that the goon fighting Bricu is in the grip of a Fel Lotus rage. He's not quite frothing at the mouth, but it's going to take a lot to put him down.
[2012-02-15 23:15:51] * Threnn glances at the man tangling with Bricu.
[2012-02-15 23:15:56] <Threnn> Love of my life?
[2012-02-15 23:16:02] * Rheugan ... doesn't want to know about the land squid.
[2012-02-15 23:16:06] <Bricu> Missus
[2012-02-15 23:16:36] <Threnn> That one said your cooking is terrible.
[2012-02-15 23:16:58] <<Game Master>> BRICU GAINS ENRAGE
[2012-02-15 23:21:27] <<Game Master>> Flintfinger's axe waves almost slowly across Rheugan's field of vision, and the young druid recoils as far as his reduced circumstances will let him - but that only sets up a devastating torso smash from the dwarf's hammer, bruising flesh and bone
[2012-02-15 23:21:43] <<Game Master>> Rheugan has taken 2 wounds, and is now at a -1 die on all actions until healed. That balances out with Bricu's +1 on this turn.
[2012-02-15 23:22:45] * Rheugan falls back with the blow, allowing the momentum to roll him partway under the table. Oooowww.
[2012-02-15 23:23:12] * Zane watches as Loreli dodges the low slash from a goon, and Closes the distance between him and Lore like a Flash! While the human goon's attention is still on missing Lore, Zane takes the opportunity to attack him from behind.
[2012-02-15 23:23:47] * Annalea whispers something disconcerting -- it's Darnassian, but low, hissing, insistent. Shadows unfurl from her fingertips and head straight for the dagger-throwing goon.
[2012-02-15 23:24:23] <<Game Master>> The poor bastard never knew what hit him. Zane's dagger sinks right in between his shoulderblades, piercing the leather curaiss like it's not even there and lodging in his spine with a meaty thunk. Down he does.
[2012-02-15 23:25:58] <<Game Master>> The goon with the knife stutter-steps, nearly losing his footing as the shadows curl around him. He whimpers in pain.
[2012-02-15 23:26:04] * Zane is now next to Lore and she should be able to see the familiar handles of her daggers at his waist.
[2012-02-15 23:26:15] <Annalea> Throw a fucking knife at ME.
[2012-02-15 23:27:01] <A Cartel Goon> is now alone with two night elves. If he's ever dreamed about this, it was probably under very different circumstances. He takes a wild hack at Lorelli, more to give himself room to fall back afterwards than to do damage.
[2012-02-15 23:27:31] * Pitch .... is not happy at seeing Rheugan get hit.
[2012-02-15 23:27:53] * @Loreli sidesteps, that Goon wasn't even trying!
[2012-02-15 23:28:52] <<Game Master>> Loreli steps back out of the way, but as she surmised, the goon wasn't even trying; however, he has an opening to make a break for it, and he does, moving towards Ahrm.
[2012-02-15 23:28:57] * Kyraine charges at him. With a sword.
[2012-02-15 23:30:18] * @Loreli sneaks in a kiss on Zane as she relieves him of her daggers. She's now ready to REALLY fuck someone's night up!
[2012-02-15 23:30:25] <@Loreli> Nice of you to join me in this little dance.
[2012-02-15 23:30:38] <@Loreli> Was starting to get lonely over here.
[2012-02-15 23:30:54] <<Game Master>> Ouch! Left off-balance by his wild and ineffective swing, the goon is easy prey for Kyraine's straightforward, solid tactics. He goes sprawling to the floor with a splash of blood and a yelp of pain, trying to scramble to his feet.
[2012-02-15 23:32:42] * Rheugan is still under the table, growling in pain. He's probably out of it this round.
[2012-02-15 23:32:43] <Zane> "Lonely? Not for lack of suitors, it seems..." He says as he pulls his dagger out of the back of the Goon he just waxed.
[2012-02-15 23:32:46] <Annata> Annata is still skulking around outside, making her way slowly toward the front of the warehouse. She ignores the unconscious Jaren.
[2012-02-15 23:33:12] <A Cartel Goon> yells over his shoulder "This is lookin' shitty, Fennett!" He sets himself and makes another attempt to bull Threnn over with his shield.
[2012-02-15 23:33:30] <@Loreli> Ah well, I never was easily swayed by shiny things.
[2012-02-15 23:33:42] <Annata> A rush of wings interrupts her concentration. Sounds like... dragon? She goes to investigate.
[2012-02-15 23:34:09] * Threnn digs in her heels and holds her ground. "If it's that shitty, maybe you ought to run while you can."
[2012-02-15 23:34:33] <<Game Master>> That's really not a bad idea, nameless goon. Especially since you still can't move Threnn! Ineffective and a half.
[2012-02-15 23:35:50] * Pitch roars again and makes a mock-swipe at Ahrm, trying to draw attention away from the injured Rheugan.
[2012-02-15 23:37:31] <<Game Master>> Loreli notices the furtive movements of the fallen Ti'Shoren, crawling on his hands and knees towards the closest exit.
[2012-02-15 23:39:07] * @Loreli takes stock of the situation, she's not close enough to assist Pitch or Rheu, with an irritated eyeroll she makes for Ti'Shoren.
[2012-02-15 23:39:45] <Ti'Shoren> babbles desperately in Darnassian as Loreli collars him. "I knew nothing! I knew nothing! They're insane!"
[2012-02-15 23:39:59] <<Game Master>> Loreli has a grip on Ti'Shoren.
[2012-02-15 23:40:39] <A Cartel Goon> also acts. He throws one more knife at Annalea and, like his comrade before him, retreats, this time towards Davie Fennett.
[2012-02-15 23:41:01] <@Loreli> S'all right. For some dumb reason I believe you. But it don't mean shit if none of us lives.
[2012-02-15 23:41:45] <Kyraine> Quit speaking elf!
[2012-02-15 23:41:47] * Threnn uses the goon's failure to bowl her over to take a moment. She mutters a prayer and gathers the Light, willing it to close Rheugan's wounds.
[2012-02-15 23:42:07] * Pitch charges at Ahrm with teeth bared and snapping, aiming for the arm holding the axe.
[2012-02-15 23:42:13] <Kyraine> Better yet, just kill that git, Lore.
[2012-02-15 23:42:33] <@Loreli> He tried to call them off...
[2012-02-15 23:42:39] <<Game Master>> Rheugan is healed to full!
[2012-02-15 23:42:56] <Annalea> Oh, you bloody git.
[2012-02-15 23:43:41] * Annalea sways to the other side. Hooray for years of dancing lessons.
[2012-02-15 23:43:50] * Rheugan looks immensely relieved. He slips out from under the table and tries to position himself behind Ahrm, without attracting attention.
[2012-02-15 23:43:53] <Davie Fennett> Oi, what's this pissant horseshit? The hell do you think I'm payin' you for?
[2012-02-15 23:44:01] <<Game Master>> The knife just goes flying off into the aether.
[2012-02-15 23:44:25] <<Game Master>> Meanwhile, Ahrm manages to get the butt of his axe in Pitch's jaws.
[2012-02-15 23:44:45] <Ahrm> How old are you fucking binders, huh?
[2012-02-15 23:45:07] <Ahrm> Dumb fucking tree hugging pissant GOBSHITES
[2012-02-15 23:45:35] * Pitch was half-expecting that, and tries to latch on to the handle.
[2012-02-15 23:47:08] <Annata> yep. definitely a Dragon. Annata ducks behind a tree. What the fuck?
[2012-02-15 23:49:29] <<Game Master>> As the soaring bulk speeds towards the warehouse, Channi, from her perch on dragonback, notices shapes moving on the roof. Ahrm's four riflemen have been watching the streets and the skies, and they begin to open fire.
[2012-02-15 23:49:37] * Kyraine <Mutiny is jealous. How come she gets stuck sitting on the wall?>
[2012-02-15 23:56:50] <<Game Master>> The drake ...yep, does a barrel roll! With bullets whining about her head, Channi guides her dragon on a low pass. If any of them hit home, it's barely even noticeable. But the roll does take drake & rider away from their planned avenue of approach.
[2012-02-15 23:57:26] <<Game Master>> The riflemen scramble to reload, their position now given away.
[2012-02-15 23:58:25] <Davie Fennett> produces another flask from under his coat and uncorks it, screaming the bizarre refrain "HORSE PISS! HORSE PISS!" He hurls it into the center of the combat with a crash.
[2012-02-15 23:58:55] <<Game Master>> A choking gas fills the center of the room.
[2012-02-15 23:59:54] * Ahrm 's skin turns to granite.
[2012-02-16 00:01:22] * Pitch spits out Ahrm's axe and starts coughing.
[2012-02-16 00:01:27] <<Game Master>> The acidic gas causes eye-watering pain and sears lungs! The observant notice the cartel goons, in response to Davie's scream, closing their eyes and wrapping cloth around their mouths.
[2012-02-16 00:02:06] * Rheugan ducks under the closest handy table.
[2012-02-16 00:03:15] <A Cartel Goon> , holding his breath in the gas, takes a two-handed hack at Bricu, the whites of his eyes visible and foam on his lips.
[2012-02-16 00:03:22] * @Loreli tries to cover her eyes but is too slow. They start to tear up as she hacks up a lung or two.
[2012-02-16 00:03:25] <Bricu> Bricu pushes the attack towards the Cartel Goon.
[2012-02-16 00:04:50] <<Game Master>> The lotus fiend's hammer leaves an eddy in the gas as it connects solidly with Bricu's arm, pushing him backwards. The goon grins savagely - and then notices the knife buried in his neck. He falls.
[2012-02-16 00:05:27] <<Game Master>> One more man gone.
[2012-02-16 00:06:17] <Ahrm> Hold on to the axe, binder. It'll help with the pain.
[2012-02-16 00:07:21] * Ahrm takes his hammer with two hands and swings the hammer at Pitch's broad bear head.
[2012-02-16 00:07:47] * Zane starts following Lore, but his attention is drawn to the greasy headed mofo that just tossed some flask in the middle of the room, and ducks low, heading in that direction.
[2012-02-16 00:08:15] * Annalea kind of likes the part where Davie and the knife-flinging sonofabitch are standing together. She flings the shadows at both of them, aiming for the soft parts.
[2012-02-16 00:09:56] <<Game Master>> Ahrm's hammer impacts with Pitch's skull...to no apparent effect. He looks a little taken aback.
[2012-02-16 00:09:59] * @Loreli shakes Ti'Shoren, gasping around the effects of the gas, "If you run, they'll just hunt you down and kill you, your best bet is to stay with me."
[2012-02-16 00:10:26] <<Game Master>> Meanwhile, Annalea's pet shadows wriggle up to the retreating goon. He spins, another knife in hand, and spits defiance at her...and then crumples to the floor, white as a sheet.
[2012-02-16 00:10:38] * Pitch blinks, then gives Ahrm a bearish grin. "Is that it?"
[2012-02-16 00:10:41] <Davie Fennett> Aw you fuckin' whore!
[2012-02-16 00:11:05] * Ahrm looks concerned.
[2012-02-16 00:11:10] <<Game Master>> Davie doesn't fare a whole lot better, shivering and staggering almost convulsively.
[2012-02-16 00:11:11] <Annalea> You say the sweetest things. I bet it gets you all the ladies.
[2012-02-16 00:11:22] <<Game Master>> Five goons dead!
[2012-02-16 00:11:22] * Annalea looks Davie up and down.
[2012-02-16 00:11:28] <Annalea> Oh, no, wait. I bet it doesn't.
[2012-02-16 00:12:41] * Rheugan comes back out from under the table (he's been doing that alot, wth?) and resumes his stalk of Ahrm.
[2012-02-16 00:12:45] <<Game Master>> On the rooftop, two of the marksmen finish reloading and aim. One of them fires into the distance, hopefully not hitting any innocent bystanders, while the other holds his fire.
[2012-02-16 00:13:45] <<Game Master>> One of the remaining goons, having fought his way clear of Loreli, looks around and then, with a silent but obvious "Fuck this," dashes for the closest door.
[2012-02-16 00:13:46] * Channi has been staying low and is doing her best to stay below rooftop level as she circles back around for another pass.
[2012-02-16 00:14:59] <A Cartel Goon> , having made it out the door, darts right past the skulking Annata!
[2012-02-16 00:15:17] * Kyraine decides that if the goon in front of her isn't dead, he should be.
[2012-02-16 00:15:36] <A Cartel Goon> isn't! Quite...
[2012-02-16 00:16:13] <A Cartel Goon> didn't act this turn, so, uh, he's been in defensive posture! <_<
[2012-02-16 00:16:13] * Annata is camouflaged, hiding behind a tree. She sneaks up behind him, feints to one side, and backstabs him, venom on her blades.
[2012-02-16 00:17:06] <A Cartel Goon> gets his shield up, ready for this. It's another straight-ahead, even slash, and his shield is perfectly place to intercept it. If only Kyraine didn't swing so HARD....
[2012-02-16 00:17:28] <<Game Master>> Kyraine's sword shears through the top third of the goon's shield and continues on into his unprotected throat. He drops, gurgling blood.
[2012-02-16 00:17:34] <<Game Master>> Another one bites the dust.
[2012-02-16 00:18:29] * Kyraine looks over at Ahrm and grins, letting the blood run off her sword.
[2012-02-16 00:18:50] <<Game Master>> Annata's dagger sinks home! The goon is paying attention to his surroundings as best he can, but he doesn't see her coming at all, and screams in pain as the knife digs into his side. He whirls to confront her.
[2012-02-16 00:19:25] <A Cartel Goon> "Who the fuck are you?!"
[2012-02-16 00:19:53] * Annata spits.
[2012-02-16 00:20:03] <Annata> A thorn in your side.
[2012-02-16 00:20:14] <<Game Master>> Up close, the man is big, intimidating even bloody and staggered, with a heavy blade in one hand and a buckler strapped to his arm. His breath smells of onions and rot.
[2012-02-16 00:20:32] <A Cartel Goon> "Cute. You know what happens to flowers in this neighborhood?"
[2012-02-16 00:20:44] <Annata> Dunno, I carry pesticides.
[2012-02-16 00:21:22] <<Game Master>> A shadow moves behind the man. Chances are, Annata's never going to find out.
[2012-02-16 00:22:37] <<Game Master>> The thug opens his mouth to retort, and a gloved hand yanks his head back by the hair and a knife draws a thin red line across his throat. There's a moment of confusion and then the thin line opens up and pumps his life into the street. Tarquin lets the body fall.
[2012-02-16 00:23:54] <Cannifrey Royce> looks a little goofy with a bloody knife in his hand.
[2012-02-16 00:24:01] <Tarquin> Miz Calderaro.
[2012-02-16 00:24:45] * Annata puts on a face of mock disappointment, attempting (mostly successfully) to cover up the surprise
[2012-02-16 00:24:55] <Annata> Aww, now I never get to find out if he stomps on flowers or pees on them.
[2012-02-16 00:25:23] <Tarquin> Thit lad? I'd wager it's unsavory.
[2012-02-16 00:25:26] <Tarquin> Sorry fir finishin' yir fun.
[2012-02-16 00:25:45] <A Cartel Goon> is too intent on his battle with Threnn to notice how fucked his side is right now. He just swings his sword.
[2012-02-16 00:25:46] <Annata> Prob'ly. It's alright. He only had about another five minutes of fun in him anyway, given the... uh... situation.
[2012-02-16 00:25:51] * Annata glances at her blades.
[2012-02-16 00:26:04] * Tarquin follows Annata's gaze and smirks. "Nice yin."
[2012-02-16 00:26:06] <Annata> Shit's got real inside though.
[2012-02-16 00:26:22] <Tarquin> "Aye, an' it's about ta get worse. The fuckers are comin'."
[2012-02-16 00:26:26] <Annata> bugger.
[2012-02-16 00:26:33] <Annata> We... yeah. Ain't good.
[2012-02-16 00:26:47] * Threnn grits her teeth and brings up her sword to parry, keeping him busy.
[2012-02-16 00:27:35] <Annata> There's a side door out the kitchen, if we need to scarper, but there's still shit to deal with inside.
[2012-02-16 00:27:44] <<Game Master>> The sword connects, digging into Threnn's side. Ouch
[2012-02-16 00:27:53] <Tarquin> Aye, best we round thim up.
[2012-02-16 00:28:16] <Ti'Shoren> backs into the corner, looking around wildly.
[2012-02-16 00:28:56] <Ahrm> Fuck this.
[2012-02-16 00:29:03] * Ahrm drops the hammer.
[2012-02-16 00:29:44] <Ahrm> I'm beat by two fucking cats.
[2012-02-16 00:29:55] * Pitch blinks and eyes the hammer, then the dwarf.
[2012-02-16 00:30:21] * Rheugan makes a rushing charge from behind Ahrm, teeth bared. The *thunk* of the hammer falling brings him up short, though.
[2012-02-16 00:30:48] <Pitch> ....You're giving up that easy? I was just warming up.
[2012-02-16 00:30:58] <Kyraine> He's bluffing, damnit!
[2012-02-16 00:31:05] * @Loreli takes stock of the situation, seems like things are finally starting to get under control. She notices Ahrm and Pitch, "JUST RIP HIS THROAT OUR FOR ELUNE'S SAKE!"
[2012-02-16 00:31:17] <Kyraine> Fucking- aye, what Lore said, kill that dwarf!
[2012-02-16 00:31:30] <Ahrm> One in front, the bitch in the back. Dead soldiers? Fuck all, I know when i'm beat.
[2012-02-16 00:32:01] <Davie Fennett> pales and quietly moves for the closest exit while Ahrm is talking.
[2012-02-16 00:32:04] <@Loreli> You saw what he did to Rheugan. We let him live, how long until we're fighting him again?
[2012-02-16 00:32:43] <Annalea> Come back here and dance with me, Davie Fennett. I'll give you a taste of Ginger Dan's medicine.
[2012-02-16 00:33:59] * Rheugan snarls, but still looks confused.
[2012-02-16 00:34:51] <Ahrm> So come on then, either do it or take me to your fucking leader.
[2012-02-16 00:35:17] * Kyraine is focused on Ahrm, but is starting to wonder if AngryAnnalea might be as scary as AngryThrenn
[2012-02-16 00:35:37] * @Loreli thinks they ARE sisters
[2012-02-16 00:35:48] * Threnn grunts as the sword digs into her side. She calls the Light down in a swift bolt, directly into the wound.
[2012-02-16 00:36:02] * Annalea is also kind of an asshole.
[2012-02-16 00:38:21] * Pitch 's expression hardens. "If you're serious, then sit down and don't move. We'll bring them to you." For good measure, he knocks both weapons out of reach with his paw.
[2012-02-16 00:38:58] * Ahrm sits.
[2012-02-16 00:39:01] * Channi keeps low, dodging between rooftops and circles back around and swoops in low and fast over the Roof, trying to knock any of the gunmen off the top of the building. Her eyes flashing through the plate helm on her head, looking like a pair of blue tracers through the night sky.
[2012-02-16 00:39:03] <Davie Fennett> fucking books it.
[2012-02-16 00:40:03] * Rheugan crouches down, watching Ahrm closely for any funny business.
[2012-02-16 00:40:37] <A Cartel Goon> takes a shot at the drake as it approaches.
[2012-02-16 00:41:05] <<Game Master>> A bullet thuds into the netherdrake's hide, with little apparent effect. Some residual damage.
[2012-02-16 00:41:57] <<Game Master>> The goon that held his ground and fired can't get away in time and goes flying off the roof, screaming until the ground cuts his cry short. Another one rolls away and gets back to his feet, while the last two dive prone.
[2012-02-16 00:43:38] * Channi uses her Buzzbox when she reaches the outermost loop of her attack vector to Let Zane know there's company on the roof.
[2012-02-16 00:44:32] * Bricu side steps behind Threnn's Goon, and swings at this back
[2012-02-16 00:45:09] <<Game Master>> That persistent goon manages to swing his shield around and block!
[2012-02-16 00:45:32] * Ahrm is sitting on the floor. Looking rather content.
[2012-02-16 00:46:19] * Pitch is surprised he can look content with 2 druids eyeballing him.
[2012-02-16 00:46:55] * Annalea bends down and... is she *petting* the shadows? Why yes, yes she is. They solidify into a squat, toothy shadowfiend. "Go get him, boy," she says, and gives it a push in the direction Davie Fennett fled.
[2012-02-16 00:47:00] * Kyraine mutters something about the foolishness of taking prisoners.
[2012-02-16 00:47:23] * Rheugan rumbles. He apparently agrees with Kyraine.
[2012-02-16 00:47:42] * Zane follows Greasy-Git as he tries running out the door. apparently he never saw Zane so he uses that to his advantage and dives at his back, Daggers shining in the light.
[2012-02-16 00:47:57] * Pitch approves of the shadowfiend soooo much. In fact, he wants one. >.>
[2012-02-16 00:49:29] <Davie Fennett> screams in pain, some incoherent mixture of cursing and pure shock as the tentacled horror caresses his squishy bits. He puts on a burst of speed, having the side effect of putting him barely ahead of the attack that he never saw coming, and staggers out the door.
[2012-02-16 00:49:57] * Annalea cheers!
[2012-02-16 00:50:00] * Pitch nods at the axe and hammer on the floor. "Wanna get those, Kyr?"
[2012-02-16 00:50:15] <Annalea> SHOULD'VE COME DANCING, DAVIE!
[2012-02-16 00:52:01] <<Game Master>> At that, Annata and Intrepid Newsman Cannifrey Royce rush into the room.
[2012-02-16 00:52:21] * Kyraine is looking around for anyone still fighting. "He's your pet dwarf, longears. You deal with him."
[2012-02-16 00:52:21] * Tarquin bellows across the room. "OI! We gotta fuckin' move!"
[2012-02-16 00:52:38] * Rheugan jumps as they come in and snarls.
[2012-02-16 00:53:33] <Kyraine> Right, Pitch, get that dwarf and let's go. If he struggles, I'm going to fucking behead him.
[2012-02-16 00:53:39] * Pitch rolls his eyes at Kyr, then blinks at not-Tarq.
[2012-02-16 00:53:54] * Tarquin looks around the room. "...the fuck?"
[2012-02-16 00:54:05] <Threnn> Sure thing, boss, just as soon as this one learns he's lost.
[2012-02-16 00:54:15] * @Loreli gestures Ti'Shoren ahead of her.
[2012-02-16 00:54:20] <@Loreli> Time to go
[2012-02-16 00:54:34] * Ahrm puts his hands behind his head and slowly stands up.
[2012-02-16 00:54:36] * Threnn tilts her chin at the Last Goon Standing, what with not really having a free hand.
[2012-02-16 00:54:41] <Pitch> You heard him, dwarf. Unless you'd rather make her happy?
[2012-02-16 00:54:42] <Ahrm> Just tell me where you lot want me to go.
[2012-02-16 00:54:50] <A Cartel Goon> has retreated to a defensive posture, looking around wild-eyed.
[2012-02-16 00:54:57] * Kyraine looks at Tarq, and then looks pointedly at Ahrm
[2012-02-16 00:55:04] * Tarquin looks at Ahrm. "Who the fuck is he?"
[2012-02-16 00:55:23] * Rheugan is still Angry-Cat, watching Ahrm's back for any funny moves.
[2012-02-16 00:55:25] <Kyraine> Led part of this shite.
[2012-02-16 00:55:51] <@Loreli> I say we finish him. What are we going to do with a prisoner?
[2012-02-16 00:55:59] <Ahrm> Ahrm Flintfinger....aren't you that pansy fucking reporter? What the hell happened to your accent?
[2012-02-16 00:56:00] <Annalea> Mm-hm. He and Davie fucking Fennett wanted to capture Threnny and me.
[2012-02-16 00:56:02] <Pitch> Prisoner. Where do you want him, we can try questioning him later
[2012-02-16 00:56:23] <Annalea> Got jars in the basement.
[2012-02-16 00:56:28] * Tarquin "What d'you do fir the cartel, Ahrm fuckin' Flintfinger?"
[2012-02-16 00:56:52] <Ahrm> I kill.
[2012-02-16 00:57:31] * Tarquin "Huh."
[2012-02-16 00:57:38] * Rheugan flattens his ear and growls.
[2012-02-16 00:57:39] * Tarquin looks over at Loreli.
[2012-02-16 00:57:42] <Tarquin> So do we.
[2012-02-16 00:58:12] <Pitch> .... can we have this conversation later? You were saying we need to go
[2012-02-16 00:58:14] * @Loreli nods her head, casually walks over to Ahrm and slits his throat.
[2012-02-16 00:58:22] * Ahrm gurgles.
[2012-02-16 00:58:27] * Pitch .....blinks.
[2012-02-16 00:58:46] <Pitch> .... well
[2012-02-16 00:58:53] <Tarquin> No time.
[2012-02-16 00:58:55] <Pitch> Takes care of that.
[2012-02-16 00:59:05] <Tarquin> Thir comin', mob-handed. Thirty or mair.
[2012-02-16 00:59:15] <Threnn> Mmph.
[2012-02-16 00:59:20] <Annalea> Mmph.
[2012-02-16 00:59:25] * Bricu nods at Threnn.
[2012-02-16 00:59:30] <Annata> Back door's accessible and clear, last I checked.
[2012-02-16 00:59:33] <Tarquin> Canna be carryin' prisoners as might be trouble. Who's he?
[2012-02-16 00:59:38] * Tarquin nods to the surviving goon.
[2012-02-16 00:59:43] <Kyraine> Thirty. Could be a bit of a challenge.
[2012-02-16 00:59:44] * Pitch turns back into a cat, then steps over to Rheu and nudges at him. "C'mon, Rheu."
[2012-02-16 00:59:44] <A Cartel Goon> "I JUST WORK HERE!"
[2012-02-16 00:59:48] <@Loreli> We still got this one *gestures to Shoren* who I suspect'll be a lot more cooperative than that one woulda been.
[2012-02-16 00:59:56] <Threnn> 's unfortunate, that.
[2012-02-16 00:59:57] <Bricu> Funny.
[2012-02-16 01:00:03] <Bricu> So do we.
[2012-02-16 01:00:31] <Tarquin> Aye, bring the elf. That fucker...
[2012-02-16 01:00:41] * Rheugan growls again, but looks like he's starting to calm down.
[2012-02-16 01:01:08] <A Cartel Goon> drops his sword and raises his empty hands, staring at Threnn.
[2012-02-16 01:01:17] <Pitch> Smack him over the head, Threnn
[2012-02-16 01:01:20] <A Cartel Goon> "They say you're a paladin! You won't kill an unarmed man, right?!"
[2012-02-16 01:01:21] * Threnn shakes her head slowly.
[2012-02-16 01:01:51] <Threnn> Me? No.
[2012-02-16 01:02:00] * Threnn leans forward and shoves the goon towards Bricu.
[2012-02-16 01:02:03] * Kyraine grins
[2012-02-16 01:02:03] * Pitch can guess where this is going...
[2012-02-16 01:02:04] * Bricu slams the cleaver into the goons back.
[2012-02-16 01:02:09] <Threnn> My husband, on the other hand...
[2012-02-16 01:02:26] <Bricu> But I've got no fuckin' qualms killin' a fucker that hit me Threnny.
[2012-02-16 01:02:39] * Bricu spits on THE LAST GOON STANDING
[2012-02-16 01:03:15] * Threnn puts a hand to her still-bleeding side.
[2012-02-16 01:03:19] <Threnn> Had that coming.
[2012-02-16 01:03:20] * Tarquin nods in grim satisfaction. "Awright, take Shoren an' fuckin' move!"
[2012-02-16 01:03:36] * Tarquin beckons the assembled Riders towards the door indicated by Annata.
[2012-02-16 01:03:40] <Davie Fennett> FLEES INTO THE NIGHT
[2012-02-16 01:03:51] * Pitch nudges Rheugan toward the door. "Might want to call Mutiny now, Kyr."
[2012-02-16 01:03:58] * Annalea hopes the Shadowfiend is still chomping on his ankles.
[2012-02-16 01:04:01] * Rheugan goes quietly.
[2012-02-16 01:04:02] * @Loreli follows along behind Shoren, he's on her watch now.
[2012-02-16 01:04:23] * Annata ducks out the side door and detours to one side slightly.
[2012-02-16 01:04:25] * Threnn heads toward the door, leaning a bit on Bricu.
[2012-02-16 01:04:27] <Davie Fennett> "MY FUCKING AAAANNNNNKKKLLLLLEEESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS"
[2012-02-16 01:04:44] * Pitch loves that shadowfiend so much.
[2012-02-16 01:04:46] * Annata has found a motorcycle!
[2012-02-16 01:04:51] * Tarquin keeps a nervous watch as his crew hurries out the door, scratching at his ridiculous mustache.
[2012-02-16 01:04:52] * Kyraine waits till they're ahead of her and follows them out
[2012-02-16 01:05:08] * Annalea follows the rest, stopping by the Seer's hopefully-still-unconscious body to steal any immediately-obvious Cool Shit.
[2012-02-16 01:05:35] * Kyraine glances at Anna. "Oi, do me a favor."
[2012-02-16 01:05:43] <Annalea> Yeah?
[2012-02-16 01:05:59] * Annata vroom.
[2012-02-16 01:06:00] <Kyraine> Let me know when you're done searching her?
[2012-02-16 01:06:08] <Annalea> She's all yours.
[2012-02-16 01:06:14] <Kyraine> Right. Thanks.
[2012-02-16 01:06:21] * Rheugan becomes a bird once he's outside.
[2012-02-16 01:06:27] * Kyraine detours over to the seer and lops her head off
[2012-02-16 01:06:28] * Annalea stands, dusts off her hands, and makes for the door.
[2012-02-16 01:06:38] * Kyraine follows Anna
[2012-02-16 01:06:39] * Pitch does too. Squawk.
[2012-02-16 01:06:48] * Tarquin raises an eyebrow at Kyraine's action.
[2012-02-16 01:06:57] <Tarquin> The hell'd she do?
[2012-02-16 01:07:11] * Zane yells "FUCK!" as he coughs through a cloud of .... whatever it was Davie escaped through.
[2012-02-16 01:07:25] <Kyraine> Too dangerous to live. I'll explain more if you want, after we get the hell out of here.
[2012-02-16 01:07:34] <Tarquin> I trust yeh.
[2012-02-16 01:07:37] * Tarquin nods amiably.
[2012-02-16 01:07:38] <Annalea> I'll play her name for you later. It's actually kind of catchy.
[2012-02-16 01:07:40] * Kyraine nods
[2012-02-16 01:07:49] * Tarquin grins at Annalea as she passes.
[2012-02-16 01:08:43] * Pitch catches the last bit of that. "Play her name? Nevermind, I probably don't want to know."
[2012-02-16 01:10:55] * Channi notices everyone bugging out on her next flyby and hears from Zane that they are bugging out. She keeps her netherdrake low and flies out toward the north, over the hills and disappears into the night.

Return to “Roleplay”