Mapping Old Town

Post your RP stories/character descriptions/other cool stuff here!

Moderator: Guild Officer

Aelflaed

Mapping Old Town

Postby Aelflaed » Thu Dec 01, 2011 1:15 pm

Over the years we've added quite a bit of content to Old Town (naming streets, adding areas, etc.)

So now I want to make a map of "our" Old Town. And I need your help.

I need the names of streets that you've added into Old Town in fic, if possible. Also, if you have "landmarks" they should be near, that'd help too - I'm going to keep the basic layout of the town as it is in game, but expand it to include alleys and other streets. Figure with all the Lotus stuff going on, a central reference would be pretty cool, and I love drawing maps.

Streets I Know About Already:
Willum
Able
Cherry
Dryden
Bulwarks
Cooper Street
Landen Thoroughfare
Tanner Circle
Stringer's Alley
Sorefoot
Scarrow
[5.OOC] Beltar: Hammer of What The Fuck Were You Thinking

Tarq

Re: Mapping Old Town

Postby Tarq » Thu Dec 01, 2011 3:54 pm

Irandun's Way, one of the bigger streets. Edgar Pomeroy's regular patrol route takes him along there.

The Pig is at Cherry & Abel; the Guard barracks is at Abel & Willum. SI:7 headquarters is further down Willum, basically around the corner.
Now hang me by this golden noose
'Cause I never been nothin' but your golden goose
Silver tongue don't fail me now
And I'll make my way back to you somehow

Illithias

Postby Illithias » Thu Dec 01, 2011 5:45 pm

Landen Thoroughfare is a street running from nor'east to south west; it's the northernmost east-to-west street in Old Town before it's considered Canal district. One end's by the Stormwind Keep and little associated Noble's area, the other terminates down at the Canals where you cross over the major from Old Town to Trade. It was named after Landen Wrynn (being so close to the Keep).

It's where Illi has her apartment/insulae, down more to the west and close to the canals.

At least that's how it works in my head.
I am become Illithias, Destroyer of Worlds.

Threnn
Site Admin

Postby Threnn » Thu Dec 01, 2011 7:32 pm

Tarq wrote:Irandun's Way, one of the bigger streets. Edgar Pomeroy's regular patrol route takes him along there.

The Pig is at Cherry & Abel; the Guard barracks is at Abel & Willum. SI:7 headquarters is further down Willum, basically around the corner.

I think that puts Anna on Abel, then? She lives in an apartment about halfway between the Pig and the barracks. In-game it's a weapon or shield shop (though I can't remember if there's just a sign outside or anyone actually in there.) Al'Cair-canonically, it's an apartment above a chandler's. There's an alleyway across from it that I don't think I've ever named, though I'll go poke through old stories and see.

Kyraine

Postby Kyraine » Thu Dec 01, 2011 9:16 pm

The only thing I have landmarked is the place Kyr rents on the Old Town side of the canal district, across from the Trade district. I don't have a name for the street, but it's the last house right next to the city wall. I took the locked up house there and turned it into a cheap boarding house with an absentee landlord.
░░░░░░███████ ]▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▃
▂▄▅█████████▅▄▃▂
I███████████████████].
◥⊙▲⊙▲⊙▲⊙▲⊙▲⊙▲⊙◤...

Yva

Postby Yva » Thu Dec 01, 2011 11:34 pm

There's a whorehouse near the canal side towards Stormwind Keep. Scary Mary's territory. Also owned (randomly) by Bairix's father.
So if you meet me have some courtesy, have some sympathy and some taste. Use all your well-learned politesse or I'll lay your soul to waste.

Sedrai

Postby Sedrai » Fri Dec 02, 2011 11:05 am

I don't have anything to add to this effort except to say that it sounds like it will be awesome. I can't wait to see a map of what you've all built.

~Rhoe

Aelflaed

Postby Aelflaed » Wed Dec 07, 2011 11:06 pm

Old Town Map!

It's not amazing, but it gets the picture across (har). My scanner cuts off one side because the paper I used is just SLIIIIIIGHTLY too big, but I figured a scan was better than trying to take a photograph of it at 10:00pm. Feel free to use and abuse it!
[5.OOC] Beltar: Hammer of What The Fuck Were You Thinking

Kyraine

Postby Kyraine » Wed Dec 07, 2011 11:17 pm

That is pure win, Anna.
░░░░░░███████ ]▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▃
▂▄▅█████████▅▄▃▂
I███████████████████].
◥⊙▲⊙▲⊙▲⊙▲⊙▲⊙▲⊙◤...

Return to “Roleplay”