Brain Storming Session

Post your RP stories/character descriptions/other cool stuff here!

Moderator: Guild Officer

Bricu

Brain Storming Session

Postby Bricu » Thu Apr 19, 2012 9:56 am

For the record, there is a gDoc out there that summarizes the ideas we had. I hope t0 organize this list into a more "here's what we're looking for, here's what we're planning on..." etc.

This organized list of ideas does not preclude random RP or impromptu RP. The goal is for this to be a skeleton upon which more RP is built upon and/or built from.

Our next planning session is may 2, probably 6:30 server. It'll last about an hour.

Lemme kow if you wanna show up.

---

Brain Storming Session
Crisis of infinite Chaani’s
Monk
Pitch
Anna
Bricu
Shad
Shael
Zeve
Kyraine
Regular RP
Meet the Pandas.
Horde Killing
Lordaeron going forward
Bricu has a specific story that will have open and closed elements. IT’ll have tie ins with Old and New NPCs.
Look for the name Garret.
Gilneas Going Forward
More with Dark Irons
worgdruids
sylvanas/forsaken
Gobbos?
Rose helping the Riders--Tie in with Lotus?
Public RP events
Branch out from SW
RP and Leveling
rekindle SW
A darnassus Storyline
Capital City/panda stuff
Era takes over the world
Riders lose the Pig
PANDA TONGS
More babies?

Post Lotus Story: Focus on Gilneas
1) Pitch will introduce her Gilnean Resistance Wolf (Roebar)
2) Shad & Co™ have the funds, and are parsing them out to the resistance.
3) TRI Hangover has a list of known collaborators
4) Where there’s money, there’s goblins.
5) Place to fight the Forsaken, revenge for Wrathgate?

A) Can we get horde involvement?
We have horde involvement.
We got the horde.
B) What is the story about?
I drink to keep you pretty
--

Tarq

Re: Brain Storming Session

Postby Tarq » Sun Apr 22, 2012 4:46 pm

Here is a handful of disconnected thoughts, as per my usual modus operandi!

-I like the Gilneas angle. I've been thinking about having Tarq do more up north - visit New Hearthglen and all that - and this is a cool angle in a similar vein. There's a lot to be said for the Riders as a political entity, using their ill-gotten gains to help immigrants, downtrodden locals, etc. In this case, is the angle that the Riders are financing Gilnean loyalists trying to reclaim their lost kindgom?

-Darnassus almost never gets used. Interesting idea. What would such a storyline entail? There's also Ironforge.

-Fun fact: the WFR are canonically the #1 donators to the Rose's charitable efforts. We should play that up more often. I'm hoping for a big guild presence at Shaila & Chelody's wedding. :mrgreen: In any case I'm always in favor of more stuff with the Rosies, as long as they're willing to put up with us.

-I am pretty strongly against "Riders Losing the Pig." It sounds like fun storytelling, but I have learned to be wary of the sort of plot angle that has the practical result of taking fun away from the table. A lot of the RP we do is just social stuff to relax and have fun, and having a home like the Pig is a big part of that.

-PVP stuff could be intriguing. I'm off the raid boat myself and if I ever have fucking time to actually play WoW, PVP could be a part of that.

-I like events. Bartending is fun. Any ideas for themes?
Now hang me by this golden noose
'Cause I never been nothin' but your golden goose
Silver tongue don't fail me now
And I'll make my way back to you somehow

Jolstraer

Postby Jolstraer » Sun Apr 22, 2012 6:16 pm

- As for Riders losing the Pig, what if it's just the /threat/ of losing the Pig? Some ridiculous amount of 'unpaid' taxes owed, some sort of superfluous health code or some such? You could event out a fundraiser that sees the place saved?
"I left my home where the dead never rose
But the streets of gold i've yet to find
And at the end of the day all you can do is pray
Without hope well you might as well be blind, yeah be blind
Tomorrow comes a day too soon"

Loreli

Postby Loreli » Sun Apr 22, 2012 9:16 pm

There was also the poker game story line that was shelved for the Lotus stuff if we're still interested in perusing that.

One of the things brought up in chat was Lore's old gang and what if some how some way, the Riders ended up having to work WITH them.
"A little extra DPS never killed anyon... Oh wait."
"Still alive, I see. Clearly you're not trying hard enough."

Alishe

Postby Alishe » Thu May 24, 2012 10:36 pm

I would definitely like to get Alishe more involved. Just not sure where she should be in the story archs at this point. I do also have a rogue that at some point, I'd like to introduce.. as Muirene is definitely less morally restricted than Alishe is. BUT... Alishe is definitely a main focus for me. If anyone has any thoughts or ideas on where I can add some Alishe-spice, please let me know. <3
"We're all just dancers on the Devil's Dance Floor." ~ Flogging Molly

than

Postby than » Fri May 25, 2012 3:54 am

I love the idea of bartending, maybe even have live entertainment like Ulth doing standup or having a Annalea do some lounge style singing to some cool-cat piano. And for the WFR's threat-of-losing-the-pig idea, needs an 80's montage in the last ditch effort fundraiser.

Bricu

Postby Bricu » Fri May 25, 2012 10:35 am

Next week, I'll be holding another brainstorm/check in session. What day should we hold it? In the past, its been on wednesday, but I know a number of folks have prior commitments that day.
I drink to keep you pretty
--

Itanya_blade

Postby Itanya_blade » Fri May 25, 2012 11:06 am

Admittedly, I have commitments on most days, because that's the kind of brainmeat I have.

Return to “Roleplay”