OOC RP Discussion - Resuscitate/Revive

Post your RP stories/character descriptions/other cool stuff here!

Moderator: Guild Officer

Windstar

Re: OOC RP Discussion - Resuscitate/Revive

Postby Windstar » Wed May 30, 2012 8:45 pm

Shaurria wrote:How did I never learn of this IC Facebook?? :o
Yesterday is a memory
Tomorrow is a dream
Today is the reality
Make the most of it.

Gryphonheart

Postby Gryphonheart » Sat Jun 09, 2012 4:41 am

Brief thought: as someone who enjoys reading books, predominantly, and reads through them pretty quickly, I found the "read stop read stop read read WRITE stop read stop" pace of tavern RP to be exhausting to follow and simultaneously too fast- and too slow-paced for my liking. In the back of my mind, I always found myself feeling like all the white space in between was wasted time that I could be using for something else, and as a result I'd end up distracted by a TV show or a book and ultimately finding myself being pulled in too many directions at once.

I think this is why I much prefer action RP where my characters are out there actually doing stuff, because it gives me something to do to fill in the white space without that something being so engrossing that I lose track of the conversation. It's why I was so attracted to TRI back in the Molten Core days - because it offered a good balance being a badass alongside the talking like a badass. I can't be the only one who feels like this, can I?
My heroes had the heart to lose their lives out on the limb. All I remember is thinking I want to be like them.
Ever since I was little, ever since I was little, it looked like fun—And it's no coincidence I've come...And I can die when I'm done

Bricu

Postby Bricu » Sat Jun 09, 2012 9:15 am

While we are discussing the Reviving of RP, I have a question:

What features could a new WFR website have to enhance/support the revivial of in game RP?
I drink to keep you pretty
--

Loreli

Postby Loreli » Sat Jun 09, 2012 10:45 am

I have no problem with action RP where we're actually doing something as opposed to standing/sitting around. The only problem then becomes it usually falls on a small handful of people to come up with the ideas, get the word out and organize/run the stories. It can sometimes be a thankless role and people burn out fast in it. Which isn't to say I'm opposed to it, just that without everyone being on the same raid team or something, it's harder to do and needs to be balanced around the less 'exciting' tavern RP.
"A little extra DPS never killed anyon... Oh wait."
"Still alive, I see. Clearly you're not trying hard enough."

Return to “Roleplay”