Tea and Biscuits

Post your RP stories/character descriptions/other cool stuff here!

Moderator: Guild Officer

Itanya_blade

Tea and Biscuits

Postby Itanya_blade » Thu Aug 23, 2012 12:06 pm

“It’s so good to have real tea.” Ambassador Dawnsinger sipped from her cup and smiled graciously.

“There are some excellent blends you can get from the traders in Sen’jin village.” Then’liath Firebloom noted the arrogant distaste that marred the ambassador’s beautiful face. “No doubt you prefer brews from home, but since it is so difficult and expensive to get what you like. It is only a suggestion.”

“Of course. I appreciate your advice.”

She would not take it, of course. The Silvermoon ambassador to the Horde would not lower herself to drinking anything less than the brews of her homeland. And she wondered why her advice to the Warchief was constantly ignored. All of which had made it easy to suggest that a few veterans of Icecrown Citadel would help increase her prestige.

And for more than two years, Then’laith Firebloom had made occasional stops to speak to the Ambassador with the constant hope that Keltyr Sunsworn would finally overreach himself. Sadly, the frustrating man had managed to play the perfect soldier. The blood knight’s knowledge of the orcs had actually helped keep the Ambassador in the Warchief’s throne room. It had not been Sunsworn alone, of course. Then’liath was certain that the Warchief or someone close to him was open to being bribed by Belloc Brightblade.

“Do pardon me, I missed what you were saying. I think the heat has sapped my strength more than I thought.” Then’liath placed a gloved hand against her chest.

“I was just asking if there had been any progress on the documents retrieved from Gilneas? Any information we could provide to the forces there would be appreciated.”

And continue to enhance your reputation. “I am always honored to help the Horde. One of the books our agents were able to retrieve is a list of favors among the noble houses of Gilneas. I am certain that the Forsaken forces should find those interesting. It could help bring about a cessation of the conflict with less damage done to the area. I believe that would be in all of our best interests.”

As she placed the folder of translated documents on the table, Then’liath watched the other woman’s face. The rapacious expression disgusted her, but was what she expected. It was what she planned on. She placed her hand on the folder before the ambassador could open it.

“The account ledgers hint at something more sinister. Unfortunately, we have so little accurate information about Gilneas after the wall went up.” The magister placed a small leather bound journal on top of the folder. ‘Fortunately, we have this little gem of knowledge. I believe that the man who wrote this should have what we need to connect the dots. We just have to acquire him.”

Then’liath moved her hand and let the ambassador claim the folder of documents. The journal remained untranslated. Then had not let anyone else look at the small handwritten book.

“Acquire him?”

“Yes, one J.T. Verne, current resident of Stormwind.” Then dropped a second folder on the table. “All the information I could find on him is here. His haunts and his habits. Even some documents on his associates. It’s not complete, of course.”

“Of course.” The ambassador looked over the information.

“Why bring this to me, Lady Firebloom?”

“You and I have an understanding, ambassador. This would benefit both of us, but given the current circumstances the Magistrate might be unwilling to the necessary steps to follow up this inquiry. And, of course, if I involved them, we would have to share the spoils and the glory.”

“You are certain that the information this human has would be worth the trouble?”

“I would not even entertain the thought if I did not.”

“Then I believe I know just the people for the job.” The two women shared a knowing smile.

Then’liath allowed herself a slight smile. “I will leave you to it then. I look forward to hearing of your success.” She rose gracefully to her feet. “Enjoy the tea.”

Then did not stop to listen to anymore pleasantries. She needed to spend a few hours in rest and meditation. Tonight, she and Ambassador Dawnsinger would have another type of meeting. One that the ambassador would not remember. The techniques she had learned from Ambika were less direct than those she had learned as an apprentice in Silvermoon, but subtlety was what was required now.

In a day or two, Ambassador Dawnsinger would order Keltyr Sunsworn and Dorri’tow Firebloom to Stormwind. In a day or two, Dawnsinger would think she had the idea all on her own. And then Sunsworn would be in such deep trouble that not even his golden tongue would be able to get him out of it.

Return to “Roleplay”