Awakened from Deep Slumber

Post your RP stories/character descriptions/other cool stuff here!

Moderator: Guild Officer

Jolstraer

Awakened from Deep Slumber

Postby Jolstraer » Fri Nov 14, 2008 12:46 am

The Cathedral had been a buzz of activity for weeks now. The rising troubles - gifts of the Unspoken One - had made a shamble of towns and villages throughout Azeroth. Through it all, there was a great pause within the Cathedral's depths. The very faint breathing was so slow as to seem the shroud of death had fallen upon the wearer. Dust had long settled, with cobwebs creeping between chinks and cracks in the stone-like form. Slumber had befallen this forgotten chamber.

Then the time came. The bells of the Cathedral tolled the hour as they had for countless days since this chamber had first been disturbed. Blood pumped. The mind stirred, awakened itself from a meditation so deep as to transcend death. It was slow in its beginning, but the old ways of process returned. The time had come.

Armor creaked with disuse, but it clanked and rattled as the form rose. Stone came to life. Dust shook off with the jarring motions. Hands covered in linked chain reached up to remove the last cobwebs. A single blue eye opened, stirring with emotion; vengeance, remembrance, reckoning, and...determination. Slowly the form moved forth from the bowels of the crypt. The steps sounded like hammerfalls as they beat upon weathered stone. The hammerfalls came slowly at first, but then gained speed impercetibly, gaining purpose and weight as they came more, and more. One chain-gloved hand strayed to the side, withdrawing a heavy and battle-worn hammer. The other strayed to the softly thudding book that bounded off thigh-plates. The book's silver-chased cover glowed with a faint golden light.

The form spoke softly, voice rasping with disuse, but strong in its conviction.

"It's time tae be 'bout tha day's wohk."
"I left my home where the dead never rose
But the streets of gold i've yet to find
And at the end of the day all you can do is pray
Without hope well you might as well be blind, yeah be blind
Tomorrow comes a day too soon"

Return to “Roleplay”