Dispatches from the front

Post your RP stories/character descriptions/other cool stuff here!

Moderator: Guild Officer

Tarq

Dispatches from the front

Postby Tarq » Tue Sep 25, 2012 1:21 am

Couriered up to the lead airships by a keen young gnomish corporal.

Riders:

Bricu and Threnn have the first wave, and I would appreciate that the lot of you made note of your progress so as we know what we're getting into. Corporal Winderspan, as delivers this message, will hold dispatches back for me after you have your beachhead.

I'm in the second wave, nestled snugly in Alliance Airborne. Anyone else in second, find Aegwynn's Breath by the Coal Harbor and I'll set you up aboard, long as you don't mind rubbing elbows with Alliance Irregular.

Find us something resembling a pub in the great unknown, and I'll stand you all a round. Don't get killed.

((Feel free to use this for short RP updates on your progress, if time permits! Non-Riders feel free to hand something off to Cpl. Winderspan as well.))
Now hang me by this golden noose
'Cause I never been nothin' but your golden goose
Silver tongue don't fail me now
And I'll make my way back to you somehow

Kyraine

Re: Dispatches from the front

Postby Kyraine » Tue Sep 25, 2012 7:13 am

A hastily written note addressed to "boss". The gnomish corporal wrote "Mr. ApDanwryith" underneath it.

Got a few things left to handle for that stuff you wanted and to set up supply lines for when it runs out or someone breaks something. Then I'll be along to join you lot, and I'll bring presents. Shite, I feel like Greatfather Winter with an sword right now and it's bloody wonderful.

-Kyraine
░░░░░░███████ ]▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▃
▂▄▅█████████▅▄▃▂
I███████████████████].
◥⊙▲⊙▲⊙▲⊙▲⊙▲⊙▲⊙◤...

Beltar

Postby Beltar » Tue Sep 25, 2012 7:44 am

Boss,

Made it over OK, not for lack of getting shot at. Horde was here, lots, Marines cleared enough out to carve out an area. Dead orcs everywhere, smells like you'd expect. Got sent a little bit north.

When you get across, look for a place called Pawdon or Paw'dun or sommat. You ain't gonna believe this shit.

B

Chrystenise

Postby Chrystenise » Tue Sep 25, 2012 12:37 pm

As she has still not completed learning how to write (or she has and doesn't care to), Chryste simply sends back a painted thumbs up - done in what is more likely than not, orc blood.

Image Tarquin ap Danwyrith likes this.

Tarq

Postby Tarq » Wed Sep 26, 2012 1:09 am

A ciphered letter, made available at the Drunken Hozen to anyone wearing the Riders' colors. A couple copies are also circulated through Alliance Expeditionary by the aforementioned Corporal Winderspan

Second wave's in, free and clear, and Annie and I have set up here in Dawn's Blossom. Check in when you can; we've bunk space available at the Hozen here.

At a glance, we've made some inroads; I spent most of my time on diplomacy with the fish-blokes, or the Jinyu I ought to say now that they're signed on. Don't half understand them but they're a straight-ahead lot and they know the country. Speaking of the country, anyone gets their hands on a proper map gets a two hundred crown bonus. I want to know what the hell we're looking at, and the Service is useless as tits on a statue here; their elite task force got the shite kicked out of them by monkeys.

No sighting of the Blackheart's lot yet, but the Horde is here, sure as sunrise. Seeing them in Dawn's Blossom, which stands neutral. Keep your eyes peeled. Oh, and there's a certain little lost lamb that I am told is worth good coin to his minders, before his adoring father finds out just how royally they fucked things up.

Check in. I'll stand a round at the Hozen next Tuesday.

-T
Now hang me by this golden noose
'Cause I never been nothin' but your golden goose
Silver tongue don't fail me now
And I'll make my way back to you somehow

Ulthanon

Postby Ulthanon » Wed Sep 26, 2012 6:01 am

The following is delivered as a small package, addressed to the Drunken Hozen.

Boss-

Hit the beachhead with the Bittertongues, then went to scout ahead. No sign of our Horde friends, and I think they'll be layin' low for a time. Not like we could pick them out of this throng anyway- y'know I even tried to pay for information, first night? Got eight separate reports of Ebonthunder- two said she was a man, one said she was a dwarf, and one (my personal favorite) claimed that she was actually a weather pattern involving thunder. So, we're blind for the moment.
On the bright side, they're probably just as bad off.

Personally, I'd expect an attack on Stormwind within a week or two. It'd probably have their name all over it- I figure they'll get high on all this fancy bear-people-crafted arms and armor and just shit themselves with anticipation.

Currently I'm positioned within the Valley of the Four Winds. I'll skip the assessment of the scenery and simply say that there are distinct business opportunities that I'm looking into- I think we could actually end up with some land out here, if we wouldn't mind working it. Be a good forward base. More info as I have it.

That's about it from me. Below I've included a map of the Jade Forest, as well as other measurements I've taken; average height and weight of a Pandaren, typical temperatures the Jinyu prefer, a few soil samples from the Valley- that sort of thing.

For the love of all that's holy, please READ them this time.
-Ulth
[Fells] says: I LOBE DACNIEBG kiTTLES

Loreli

Postby Loreli » Thu Sep 27, 2012 12:31 pm

Boss-

I'm not sure if you and Annie have had the... good fortune... of encountering the phenomenon known to the locals as the Sha. I've made their acquaintance a few times or more at the point of writing this and at the risk of soundly unduly dire, I think we may be looking at something far worse than many of the things we've dealt with thus far. If they are truly fueled by emotions as the pandaren claim... well, I'm sure you're just as capable of doing the math on that as I am.

Spotted the Blackheart at Tian Monastery. Did not engage. He seems fairly well guarded.

-Lore
"A little extra DPS never killed anyon... Oh wait."
"Still alive, I see. Clearly you're not trying hard enough."

Kyraine

Postby Kyraine » Thu Sep 27, 2012 5:44 pm

Boss-

Left this morning, and am at that town in the Jade Forest with the others. The contract job I took is going well- only lost two so far- and the folks I'm with are interested in talking to you, if you get a job you need help with in the future. The future being after this mess is cleared up here, because it's utter shite at the moment. We found Horde, the Sha, and some weird sort of angry tall birds with fucking spears for beaks. We're officially attached to the 7th Legion, you know, for organization (and so's we get paid), and we got a good mix of folk from Dragonblight and some non- seventh folk I worked with in the Plaguelands during the Third War. So aye, things are going about as well as can be.

About the Sha. I don't quite know what to make of it. It'll be absolute hell on discipline, if folks slip and let it take over. Though I saw it send an orc into some kind of bloodrage, and he killed one of his own folk before someone put an arrow through his throat. I'll take that. If we get clear of this, I'll be there for that whiskey on Tuesday. The supply lines are set, so we'll have most of the necessaries coming in. Got contracts with two dwarf smiths, that outfit what's across from the Pig, and the pandaren bloke over by that balloon in Stormwind for arms and armor. It'll be a decent mix of things. Good quality things. I don't care to work with anything but the best.

Right, one more thing. They're conscripting folk in Stormwind for the army now. You got anyone around what's not attached to a unit now, tell them to find one, or they might wind up serving with Stormwind's finest or worse, playing bodyguard to those wankers at SI:7. Hope you're still in one piece when you get this letter. It'd be a shame if something happened before you could buy us all a round or five.

-Kyr
░░░░░░███████ ]▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▃
▂▄▅█████████▅▄▃▂
I███████████████████].
◥⊙▲⊙▲⊙▲⊙▲⊙▲⊙▲⊙◤...

Illithias

Postby Illithias » Thu Sep 27, 2012 8:05 pm

A piece of parchment with a messy scrawl in broken Common makes its way to the Drunken Hozen...

dear sPIDerskull

in new lands traveling mostly solo for NOW. landed in THE FORESTS AFTER TRavel with aliance forces. makinG in roads since. encountrd natiVES. native furbolgs native murlok native spiritypes native bloody everything. keep heADING INLANDS meet up with othre forces time too time sometimes here rumours of WHATS GOING ON AND whos DOING WHAT

so much to SEE so much to DO so much to KILL havnt slept at ALL yet collecting skulls now have soME GREAT SKULLS also ecountrd horde the scum are here deinfinity lot of NATIVE THINGS TO KILL

SO MNANY NEW PLANTS it is great found many new plants GOING TO HAVE to orgnaise boating examplers back too stormwind for my arboretum the native furBOLGS ALSO have thier own arboretums i dislIKe them less for HAVING FOUnd them

need to meeT back up with the BLACK AND RED soon. will find MY way to YOU All sooon.

illithias
I am become Illithias, Destroyer of Worlds.

Beltar

Postby Beltar » Thu Sep 27, 2012 10:14 pm

Boss,

Moved up inland a bit. Right now I'm at some place called Tian. They say it's a "monastery" whatever that is...like an abbey maybe? Mainly, it looks to be a bunch of pandaren eating and drinking themselves stupid then working it off by beating the Nether out of each other. Crazy bastards think they're gonna make a student out of me. ME! I can't half hardly walk still between that time in the mines and that ass-kicking I took in Theramore, and these fat furry fucks are talking like they're gonna make me a badass or something. Hate to tell them I already am, of a sort, aye? A few tried to spar with me. They stopped after they found out Squealer don't know from sparring. It's the tusks. Although I'll say this, I wouldn't want to fuck with some of these pandaren up here. They look silly, but from what I seen, it sure looks like a few don't need a sword or an axe to mess somebody up but good.

Although they did teach me some stretches that are helping my back out, and some salve on that busted rib that I swear is either making it hurt less or making it heal faster or both. I drew the line at some crazy shit about sticking needles in me though. They swear by it, that's fine, they can do it to themselves. Anyway, I bet Threnn and Aely would have fun talking healing with these types.

No shortage of targets up here. Them monkey things, some big damn things they called "mogu" that were tearing up an orchard down south, biggest bugs you ever seen. Lots of interesting plants too. Learned a few new tricks brewing potions. Sent Kyraine a few, got a bunch more stashed where those came from.

More later.

B

Return to “Roleplay”