Flashes of Light (Horde)

Post your RP stories/character descriptions/other cool stuff here!

Moderator: Guild Officer

Phileas

Flashes of Light (Horde)

Postby Phileas » Fri Nov 14, 2008 2:37 pm

((This is a story that my Blood elf death knight wanted to see told, inspired by one of the DK starter quests. It has spoilers for said quest contained, so be aware and skip if you don't want spoilers. Otherwise...meet "Dandy," as I call him.))

Dandill Boughstrider shouldered his runeblade and sauntered into the cabin where his superiors were holding the prisoners. Ah yes, there was his target…a pretty little thing, almost seemed frail, in a way. As he stood before her, she stared at his boots for several moments, then squared her thin shoulders and looked up at him.

“Come to finish the job, have you? You’ll look me in the eyes when…”

Her green gaze met his blue one, and her eyes widened. The next thing the blood elf said took the death knight completely by surprise.

“Dandill?”

How does she know my name? They didn’t tell her I was coming…and I’m not all that sure it’s really my name, any road.

“Dandill…I’d recognize that face anywhere. What…what have they done to you, Dandill?”

The blood elf woman reached out to touch his face, and Dandill took two smart steps backwards. This female’s face, her sad expression, tickled tantalizingly at the edges of the big blank spot in his mind…where he remembered nothing before Archeus.

Flash.

Heat, a sensation of heat, heavy in his bones. A woman’s laugh, low and husky, full of passion, and words in Thalassian murmured so he couldn’t quite hear. “Dandill…”

Flash.

The blood elf, clad only in her smallclothes and the tabard of the Argent Dawn, frowned at him. “Think, Dandill. Think back. Try and remember the majestic halls of Silvermoon City, where you were born.”

Dandill frowned. Silvermoon City? Where I was born? But I was born in Archeus. No…not born. Reborn. Silvermoon City…

Flash.

Colors, red, yellows, gold…sunlight and finery, and the splash of water in fountains.

Flash.

“Remember the splendor of life, brother. You were a champion of the Sin’dorei once! This isn’t you.”

Flash.

A blade, a shield…the sign of the sunhawk. Feeling warmth flowing through him.

Flash.

“Listen to me, Dandill! You must fight against the Lich King’s control. He is a monster that wants to see this world – our world – in ruin. Don’t let him use you to accomplish his goals. You were once a hero and you can be again.”

Fight him? How? He made me. I am no hero…only his weapon.

The blood elf shook him, and the death knight realized he’d let her get too close to him.

“Fight, damn you! Fight his control!”

Flash.

For the briefest of moments, the image of a blood elf…a paladin, champion of his people. Then cold, and pain, the taste of blood in his mouth and the sensation of his own insides sliding across his knees…and darkness.

Flash.

From outside, the harsh voice of the Knight-Commander broke through Dandill’s reverie. “What’s going on in there? What’s taking so long?”

Blood elf and death knight looked at the door, then back at each other. With tears in her eyes, the blood elf reached out to him again, then let her hand fall to her side. “There…there’s no more time for me. I’m done for. Finish me off, Dandill. Do it, or they’ll kill us both.”

The blood elf sobbed, lifted his gauntlet, and wrapped the death knight’s hand around the hilt of his runeblade. “Dandill…remember Silvermoon. This world is worth saving.”

Flash.

Eonys. Her name was Eonys. They’d been lovers once, briefly…but made better friends than paramours. And he was, indeed, Dandill Boughstrider, once a Blood Knight…until something went terribly wrong.

Flash.

A single tear leaked across the death knight’s pale cheek, the light-flashes overwhelming him. The blood elf nodded…somehow, she knew.

“Do it, Dandill! Put me out of my misery!”

With his eyes shut, the death knight struck true, and the flashes of light were swallowed by the darkness before Archeus. The blood elf slumped to the floor, dead.

Dandill Boughstrider wiped the blood spatter from his face, along with a single forgotten tear, and left the building to return to his duties.

Return to “Roleplay”