The Battle of Wrathgate: OOC stuff.

Post your RP stories/character descriptions/other cool stuff here!

Moderator: Guild Officer

Lansiron

Re: The Battle of Wrathgate: OOC stuff.

Postby Lansiron » Wed Apr 22, 2009 4:06 pm

Bricu wrote:My thought on this: While the Ebon Blade did not have a visible presence as an organization, given that all characters who run the questline, including DKs, see the cinematic, I think it is fair to say that there were/are DKs involved at the battle.

As for how they get involved, I could see DKs being held in reserve, guarding the other flank, or any other really important job that occurs away from the "main battle."

Been tossing that around a bit more, and that thought works. Though; I have a mental image now of at least one incident: A howling mass of undead bear down upon a small but strategic outpost, and all looks grim for the defenders...until fully half the oncoming force turns and summarily murders their own unsuspecting comrades. The sword-banner of the Ebon Blade is thrown into the ground as the leader shoots the defenders a salute, and the death knights and their own rotting minions turn and massacre the cultists that had been in support.

This would probably be most effective towards the latter part of the battle, where the Lich King, distracted by his stand-off with Fordragon and Saurfang and his subsequent Blighting, hadn't been able to reach out mentally to realize his army had suddenly gained numbers not under his own sway.

uthas

Postby uthas » Wed Apr 22, 2009 5:53 pm

That actually sounds pretty good Lans.
A rhombus is the kind of rectangle a bitch would draw.

Tarq

Postby Tarq » Wed Apr 22, 2009 6:45 pm

Here's a rough timetable of incoming posts as tracked by the Wrath Gate cinematic, so you can plan things out.

Monday 4/20: Bolvar & the Alliance army march on the Wrath Gate. The Riders set up. Posted!
Wednesday 4/22: Bolvar sounds the charge and the Alliance attack. The Riders face their first enemies. Incoming Thursday morning by request.
Friday 4/24/possibly Saturday 4/25: The Alliance are engaged at the gate, and hear the foreboding sound of horns. The Riders face a colossal threat from the pass.
Sunday 4/26: The Alliance forces are attacked by the dreaded Vrykul, but helps is on its way. The Riders are hard-pressed by the diabolical machinations of the Scourge flankers.
Tuesday 4/28: LOK'TAR OGAR! Saurfang arrives, and with him, the tide turns. On the flanks as well, the Riders unleash their reserves.
Thursday 4/30: Bolvar, Saurfang and their armies arrive at the gate, calling out the Lich King. On the flanks, the Scourge legions withdraw, exhibiting some odd and ominous behavior.
Saturday 5/2: The challenge is anwered, and with it, the assembled forces of mortality understand what it is they are truly pitted against. Including our heroes. The horror...the horror...
Monday 5/4: Something completely unexpected happens, thanks to the concoctions of a third party. Among the Lich King's minions, chaos and madness ensue, and their foes are swept up in it.
Wednesday 5/6: Help arrives from an unexpected quarter, and the Riders make their withdrawal, such as it is.
Now hang me by this golden noose
'Cause I never been nothin' but your golden goose
Silver tongue don't fail me now
And I'll make my way back to you somehow

Bricu

Postby Bricu » Wed Apr 22, 2009 10:21 pm

Lansiron wrote:
Bricu wrote:My thought on this: While the Ebon Blade did not have a visible presence as an organization, given that all characters who run the questline, including DKs, see the cinematic, I think it is fair to say that there were/are DKs involved at the battle.

As for how they get involved, I could see DKs being held in reserve, guarding the other flank, or any other really important job that occurs away from the "main battle."

Been tossing that around a bit more, and that thought works. Though; I have a mental image now of at least one incident: A howling mass of undead bear down upon a small but strategic outpost, and all looks grim for the defenders...until fully half the oncoming force turns and summarily murders their own unsuspecting comrades. The sword-banner of the Ebon Blade is thrown into the ground as the leader shoots the defenders a salute, and the death knights and their own rotting minions turn and massacre the cultists that had been in support.

This would probably be most effective towards the latter part of the battle, where the Lich King, distracted by his stand-off with Fordragon and Saurfang and his subsequent Blighting, hadn't been able to reach out mentally to realize his army had suddenly gained numbers not under his own sway.

I like that idea alot.
I drink to keep you pretty
--

Lansiron

Postby Lansiron » Wed Apr 22, 2009 11:03 pm

Figure said "Small but Strategic Outpost" may as well be the Riders' own camp?

It would likely be best written from a defender's perspective, in any case. Since it's the Ebon knights, Norvallen and Rayala (if she was there...anyone else with DKs openly associated with that faction? Elestera, Akeelah, Jak?) would be visible, but not much dialogue is necessary, nor is their perspective really necessary at all. Still, should I take a stab at writing that, or does someone else want to work that into a part of their own unfolding tale?

Tarq

Postby Tarq » Wed Apr 22, 2009 11:14 pm

I think Uthas might already have some plans along that regard, Lans? Can't be certain.

Jak's already up on the hill, in any case. Following Yva. You'd think he'd be smarter by now.
Now hang me by this golden noose
'Cause I never been nothin' but your golden goose
Silver tongue don't fail me now
And I'll make my way back to you somehow

Lansiron

Postby Lansiron » Wed Apr 22, 2009 11:54 pm

Well, Uthas, lemme know.

Yva

Postby Yva » Thu Apr 23, 2009 12:03 am

Tarq wrote:I think Uthas might already have some plans along that regard, Lans? Can't be certain.

Jak's already up on the hill, in any case. Following Yva. You'd think he'd be smarter by now.

Ain't love grand?
So if you meet me have some courtesy, have some sympathy and some taste. Use all your well-learned politesse or I'll lay your soul to waste.

uthas

Postby uthas » Thu Apr 23, 2009 12:15 am

I'm a little confused about what you have in mind Lans.
A rhombus is the kind of rectangle a bitch would draw.

Lansiron

Postby Lansiron » Thu Apr 23, 2009 12:22 am

uthas wrote:I'm a little confused about what you have in mind Lans.

Well, my notion was a scene, involving the Ebon Blade (and those characters of ours therein) doing what I described. That is, taking out a Scourge advance from within, that had been descending on a particular holdout.

You folks seemed to approve the initial idea, which is why I propose the Riders be those defenders. Lots more impact than with generic NPCs.

Does this conflict with anything?

Return to “Roleplay”