The Battle of Wrathgate: OOC stuff.

Post your RP stories/character descriptions/other cool stuff here!

Moderator: Guild Officer

Ceil

The Battle of Wrathgate: OOC stuff.

Postby Ceil » Sat Nov 15, 2008 2:27 pm

This is for everyone in the Riders and any of our friends who would be interested in participating. I will avoid spoilers as much as possible in this thread, it'd be appreciated if everyone who replies does the same!

A questline out of Wintergarde Keep in the Dragonblight will start you on a long and eventful journey that will eventually climax into what the devs call 'The closing of the first chapter of Wrath of the Lich King' -- The Battle of Wrathgate. Wrathgate, is of course, the entrance to Icecrown, and the events of this questline will literally change the world. Wrathgate implements some of the new dynamic world mechanics, and also lets you see an amazing cinematic.

After much discussion, Tarquin and I came up with an idea. The events of Wrathgate are huge, worldchanging, and incredible for role-play. We're really love to see the who guild reacting to it at the same time, with great cohesion of role-play and storytelling, be able to say exactly what the Riders did, and just how these events have affected them. Now, part of the problem with this is that the Wrathgate stuff is a solo questline that, as mentioned, uses dynamic world. Some people will go through and know the outcome of events far sooner than others will. We're really love for everyone to be on the same page with this.

So, a proposal and a request to every Rider, and any of our non-Rider friends (who ever would be interested) - we'd like everyone to please hold off on role-play associated with Wrathgate, until the bulk of the guild has done the questline. Then, much like The Longest Night, we'd like to write a few framing introduction posts explaining in a very generalized overview what the Riders will be doing, or be asked to do. After this, the floodgates can open for everyone to write more personalized and in-depth description of the battle and it's aftermath. And then it's very simple to start reacting in game. (It's worth noting if you think it'll take you too long to get to 72 (when the questline begins) or 74 (when it ends), you can, of course, see the cinematic on youtube).

Wrathgate is an incredibly epic event. It's one of the most amazing questlines and stories every told in World of Warcraft, so let's really work on getting the whole guild involved in the awesome-ness!

I really hope I've explained this clearly, I fell into bed sometime around six this morning. >_>

Itanya_blade

Re: The Battle of Wrathgate

Postby Itanya_blade » Sun Nov 16, 2008 12:02 am

((It should go without saying, that no one should wait for my slow A-side butt. I what happens at Wrathgate, and I have a plan for Cylinn and Tare. Just let me know when I can go with it))

Bricu

Postby Bricu » Tue Nov 18, 2008 1:55 pm

This is a great idea. I would also ask that we try to get groups together to due the events at the same time.

I'm going to be moving slowly; however, I'd like do this questline with as many riders as possible.
I drink to keep you pretty
--

uthas

Postby uthas » Fri Nov 21, 2008 6:20 pm

I'd really like to be part of this.
A rhombus is the kind of rectangle a bitch would draw.

Alonora
Location: Hiding in those trees ahead, to the left. No. Your other left.

Postby Alonora » Sat Nov 22, 2008 9:53 am

Halton and Alonora (of Niralathi) would be very interested in this. :)

Mugs

Postby Mugs » Sat Dec 06, 2008 10:28 am

The Dwarf is in.

Tarq

Re: The Battle of Wrathgate: OOC stuff.

Postby Tarq » Thu Jan 22, 2009 1:42 am

The thread is finally, finally posted. Obviously there is much more to come, and as soon as I have the time tomorrow I'll be filling this thread with OOC info about what to expect. For now, read, and step through the first Big Posting Window:

The Camp. The WFR have made camp near Angrathar, and a few of their varied associates might still be trickling in to the swarm of irregulars surrounding the Seventh Legion. How is your character preparing for the battle to come? How do they react to the visit from Highlord Fordragon?
Now hang me by this golden noose
'Cause I never been nothin' but your golden goose
Silver tongue don't fail me now
And I'll make my way back to you somehow

Lansiron

Postby Lansiron » Thu Jan 22, 2009 6:47 am

Hmm. Damn. I'm not sure I ever posted saying I wanted to be involved, but, I do. I THINK I posted, anyway. Tarq, if you're doing the writing, what's the best way to communicate to you a character's involvement?

Bellesta

Postby Bellesta » Thu Jan 22, 2009 1:44 pm

Question:

In terms of Rider-Timeline, where does Wrathgate fall in? In the last couple months since the expansion came out, a lot of Bell's RP dynamic has changed- which would vastly change how she'd be entering the battle. Is (for us) Wrathgate just happening now?

Jolstraer

Postby Jolstraer » Thu Jan 22, 2009 9:55 pm

Yeah, I think I'm definitely with Bell on this little hang up - when Jolly originally went through it the first time, he and Mia were still good >.> That's changed a smidgen since then <.<
"I left my home where the dead never rose
But the streets of gold i've yet to find
And at the end of the day all you can do is pray
Without hope well you might as well be blind, yeah be blind
Tomorrow comes a day too soon"

Return to “Roleplay”