The Battle of Wrathgate: OOC stuff.

Post your RP stories/character descriptions/other cool stuff here!

Moderator: Guild Officer

Tarq

Re: The Battle of Wrathgate: OOC stuff.

Postby Tarq » Fri Jan 23, 2009 12:22 am

It's happening now, for a given value of "now." :) Within a couple weeks hopefully assuming we can write fast.

More info shortly, just wanted to get that out of the way!
Now hang me by this golden noose
'Cause I never been nothin' but your golden goose
Silver tongue don't fail me now
And I'll make my way back to you somehow

uthas

Postby uthas » Fri Apr 10, 2009 6:33 pm

Just wanted to say that the recent burst of activity is exciting!
A rhombus is the kind of rectangle a bitch would draw.

Tarq

Postby Tarq » Mon Apr 20, 2009 8:45 pm

And finally, finally, some posts and some answers.

The scene-setting shenanigans are done; I'd recommend at least skimming the entire thread (though you should really read all the posts, they're fucking awesome) to see what's going on. As established by the last few posts, the Riders have taken their position over one of the tiny passes in the mountains around Angrathar, where they, like many other independent guilds and organizations, will be guarding the flanks of Bolvar and Saurfang's army as they undertake their great assault.

We all know, of course, what happens at the Wrath Gate, and it's not pretty. In this thread, we'll have the opportunity to describe our characters taking part in the soon-to-be-legendary battle, standing against their share of the tide of Scourge, and witnessing the cataclysmic end of this attack against Arthas.

On a basically mechanical level, I'm going to put up one of these dramatic all-italics posts roughly every other day for the next couple weeks, giving a loose description of Something Horrible happening in the hills and paralleling the events at the front as Fordragon and Saurfang assault the gate itself. And that's when you guys get to flex your creative muscles, describe your characters or others (with permission, of course!) dealing with that particular phase of the battle and confronting whatever implacable horrors from beyond the imaginings of the sane are thrown their way. Post as many or as few times as you want; think about how your character is going to handle a large-scale battle like this, not to mention the various twists that will come their way.

And then, of course, there will be delicious fallout.

I'm very excited about finally getting this off the ground, and am happy to answer any questions, read over any posts, or bullshit about whatever it is you want to toss in. For the record, feel free to write Tarquin into any of your posts (he's on the hill, with the ballistae, keeping an eye on everything and shooting giant bolts at things). Just email it to me at liesandperfidy at gmail dot com for accenting first. :)

The first narrative post is up. Thank you all for your patience, and have fun!

Lansiron

Postby Lansiron » Mon Apr 20, 2009 11:00 pm

I do have a question.

I have serious time-constraint problems, and haven't at all been able to catch up with this whole event--my fault entirely, really. That said, if it isn't too late, I'd like to, in some way, work Lansiron and Norvallen into this particular section of the fight. Lansiron because he would just be there, Norvallen because I feel like having that character actually present at a real event to establish her role is infinitely more accurate than attempting to do so through relatively 'sedate' dialogue sessions. Assuming I can work on that this week/weekend, would I be able to post this, if it's not too late?

Tarq

Postby Tarq » Mon Apr 20, 2009 11:09 pm

One of the great things about forum RP, Lans, is that it's very friendly to people with time constraints. :) If you notice Lansiron made a cameo in one of the early posts, and I imagine Mary could be in there somewhere. This'll be going on for a couple weeks. I'd recommend maybe trying to shoot a couple "quickie" posts in there for particular scenes, if you're worried about the narrative outpacing what you've got planned, and you can always edit more in later.

Lansiron

Postby Lansiron » Mon Apr 20, 2009 11:38 pm

That, is excellent. At least we know Lans is there for sure--thanks for dropping him in like that! Mary would be apt to show up during the course of the action.

Though that brings to mind; the Ebon Blade wasn't visibly present at the Wrath Gate, having canonically (as I see it) truly tossed their hat into the ring starting in Zul'drak by gutting a Scourge operation from the inside out, and then tearing an unholy swathe of nastiness across Icecrown. But, no reason they couldn't have been active before. I think I'd like to try and work that angle in to our narrative with a scene or two involving Norvallen. Anyone have any good thoughts as to how some Ebon Bladery might play well into others' activities?

Shaila

Postby Shaila » Tue Apr 21, 2009 12:03 am

I know Lans and I had talked previously about Shai being there with Lans, so I hope we can work her in.

Aelflaed

Postby Aelflaed » Tue Apr 21, 2009 12:11 am

Ebon Blade stuff is going to play in pretty heavily for Aely's being there, and also for why she's not with the main body of the Riders. I figure they had SOME presence there, even if it's not major, since you do get introduced to other death knight stuff before then.

Aely's interaction will largely be from the medic camps near the actual front itself, though she's really only talking with one Knight.
[5.OOC] Beltar: Hammer of What The Fuck Were You Thinking

Lansiron

Postby Lansiron » Tue Apr 21, 2009 12:31 am

I think I like the angle, Anna. If possible, I'll try and catch you online so we can possibly work out some cohesiveness. I'll say Aelflaed is a pretty damn good character to potentially work with, at that.

I say Thassarian also needs to put in a cameo. The world agrees that that guy rocks.

Also Shai is right, and she's there. I dunno that there'd be much to speak of them acting out their relationship on the field, though. You're all Firefly fanboys; it's like Zoe and Wash (...in a weird gender-reversed way, if you get down to the personality types). Now that I think on it, there's something we can extrapolate based on that kind of analogy that plays into story details. Something, anyway.

Aelflaed

Postby Aelflaed » Tue Apr 21, 2009 10:30 am

You have gmail Lans? I'll share this doc with you - it's unfinished, but the first two sections are mostly written now.
[5.OOC] Beltar: Hammer of What The Fuck Were You Thinking

Return to “Roleplay”