Scenes from a murloc cave

Post your RP stories/character descriptions/other cool stuff here!

Moderator: Guild Officer

Itanya_blade

Scenes from a murloc cave

Postby Itanya_blade » Sun Nov 16, 2008 2:26 pm

Dorri’tow pushed the murloc over with her foot and poked it with her axe. “Dammit, no clam on this one either. The section of the beach was covered with murloc bodies and the viscera. So far she had only found three of the stupid clams. “I thought he said you all loved these clams?” She kicked the offendeding corpse with a snarl.

“Dorri.” She turned around to look at Keltyr who was just standing there. He pointed down. There, by his boot, was a pristine clam, glimmering in the light. She bent down to pick it up and Kel took a few more steps away. There was another one. They were all over the beach.

She ignored his smile as she finished filling her bag.

……

The inside of the murloc suit stank of fish and night elf. It was disgusting.

“Murlocs must be stupid.” Keltyr was sitting on a rock, watching her as she put the thing on. “This thing is ridiculous. And it stinks.” And that night elf wanted them to wear it, march through a cave full of murlocs, free some kids and kill a giant lobster thingy wearing it. Worse, he ruled the murlocs from inside the suit. Night elves were idiots.

“We could just go in there and slaughter them all.”

She took the mask off her head, shaking out her hair and breathing in fresh air. “I like this plan.”

This time his smile was not mocking. She liked this smile. “I thought you would.”

….

Keltyr opened yet another cage, but the tiny cooing murlocs ran over to join the small horde that crowded around her feet. Dorri stood stock still surrounded by the little things. One of them was wrapped around her boot, making those noises that made her skin crawl.

“Shoo! Dammit, Shoo!” She gestured at them, but that only seemed to make them crowd closer. She looked at Keltyr, but he turned to deal with an approaching warrior. She drew her belt knife and one of the little things looked at her.

“Play?” The little baby danced.

“What? No? we’re not going to play. We’re going to get you home and then I am going to get a bath.”

She felt something touch the back of her neck and she whirled around with the dagger out.

“Mama?”

There was a baby murloc in her hair! She squeaked in horror, suppressing a shiver. “Get it off! No, I am not your mama!”

Keltyr took his damn sweet time in helping get the little cooing pain in the ass out of her hair and back onto the cave floor. “They seem to like you.”

“I hate them. I suppose I can’t kill them.”

“Well you could, but it would probably annoy their king. He might not give you the gold he promised for dead baby murlocs.” He reached down to remove one of the murlocs from her boot. “Of course, we could always stay in the barracks at Warsong Hold.”

“All right, no killing.” She was not going to spend another night surrounded by unwashed orcs. Last time, one of them had actually propositioned Keltyr. After she smashed the fools face in, she and Kel had had that part of the barracks to themselves, but the hammocks weren’t nearly as comfortable as a real bed. “But let’s get this over with.”

No more babies and the cave looked clear for the moment. Dorri’tow leaned against the wall to rest for a moment.

“Play?” She squeaked, grabbed her axe and whirled around. Keltyr had put on that stupid murloc mask and one of the arms, he waved the little white flag.

“NOT FUNNY!” Her voice bounced off the walls, enhancing the slight panicked edge of it.

Keltyr took off the mask, revealed a self-satisfied smirk that belied his words. “Nope, not funny at all.”

Return to “Roleplay”