Movie Casting Thread!

Post your RP stories/character descriptions/other cool stuff here!

Moderator: Guild Officer

Ulthanon

Re: Movie Casting Thread!

Postby Ulthanon » Sun Jun 13, 2010 8:12 pm

Breaking News Update!

In case Will Smith wouldn't work, I do believe that Sharlto Copley could play Ulthanon. His portrayal of Murdock in The A-Team sold me on it.

His personality is spot on, and if there is any doubt that he can do Serious Mode as well, I send you to see District 9. As far as his appearance... yeah, I could see him being a base for an Ulthanon, plus a few changes here or there.
[Fells] says: I LOBE DACNIEBG kiTTLES

Loreli

Postby Loreli » Sun Jun 20, 2010 8:39 pm

I took me far too long to come up with this as it was right under my nose the entire time,

I give you Lorelli:

Otherwise known as Cote de Pablo or Ziva on NCIS.
Last edited by Loreli on Wed Jan 12, 2011 12:23 am, edited 1 time in total.
"A little extra DPS never killed anyon... Oh wait."
"Still alive, I see. Clearly you're not trying hard enough."

Yva

Postby Yva » Fri Jul 09, 2010 6:01 pm

This is the actress I wanted to play Indarra and she's all acting like a ho now. It's confusing. ;_;
So if you meet me have some courtesy, have some sympathy and some taste. Use all your well-learned politesse or I'll lay your soul to waste.

Elestera

Postby Elestera » Sun Jul 11, 2010 8:46 am

A few years ago, Chel suggested that Kate Beckinsale might be able to do a good job playing Elestera. I have trouble thinking of anyone better, and between the actress's actual intellectual accomplishments and her tendency to portray the undead anyway, I kinda have to agree.

Windstar

Postby Windstar » Wed Sep 22, 2010 3:48 am

So, I just cannot come up with anyone that could play Windstar, but I finally did find someone for Kal:

Kate Moennig, aka Shane from the Showtime series The L Word. Her hair in the first picture looks about right, just add pale-blue eyes and buff her up a little and it'd be a danged close match.
Well, that and make her into a Night Elf :P
Yesterday is a memory
Tomorrow is a dream
Today is the reality
Make the most of it.

Tarq

Postby Tarq » Sat Jan 08, 2011 1:25 pm

So, pretty funny side note: Starz is going to be broadcasting Camelot, yet another Arthurian, in 2011. You can watch a first look here. I think it has a lot of potential.

One of their big coups was landing Eva Green to play Morgan, their combined version of morally ambiguous witch Morgan Le Fay and her outright evil sister Morgause. Eva Green, of course, was cast as Yva Darrows Balthasar several pages back in this thread. Apparently, we're not the only ones who think she makes a good ethics-challenged sorceress. Now it turns out that James Purefoy, the go-to British character actor for good-looking, sword-swinging douchebags, is guest starring in 2 or 3 episodes as King Lot of Orkney, Arthur's first great adversary - and Morgan's husband. Mr. Purefoy was my pick to play Jak.

So yeah. That's weird.
Now hang me by this golden noose
'Cause I never been nothin' but your golden goose
Silver tongue don't fail me now
And I'll make my way back to you somehow

Threnn
Site Admin

Postby Threnn » Thu Mar 24, 2011 1:09 pm

One thing that can be rough about playing a Forsaken is that they don't age. Davien was 25ish when she died, but I've always felt there was something about her that felt older. So I've found younger actresses (there's one somewhere in here) that might portray her, but I've never been really happy with the choices.

Well, thanks to HBO and Game of Thrones, I think I've found a pretty good fit: Michelle Fairley, who will be playing Catelyn Stark. Her face is damned close to what I have in mind when I think of Davien, and at least in this role, she's got a bit of a gaunt-thing going on. The actress doesn't quite have Davien's height, but lookswise, I think we have a winner.

Itanya_blade

Postby Itanya_blade » Thu Mar 24, 2011 1:50 pm

Isn't that the actress that played Hermione's mom?

Also, Pill is still Image

Threnn
Site Admin

Postby Threnn » Thu Mar 24, 2011 2:06 pm

Itanya_blade wrote:Isn't that the actress that played Hermione's mom?

Yup!

ETA: I was trying to find a screenshot of her in that role, but gave up pretty quickly. I do not recommend doing a google image search for "Mrs. Granger" OR "Hermione's mom." I have it set to "moderate safe search" here because I'm, y'know, at work. I do NOT want to know what got filtered out, or what would have come up had I searched at home, where I'm pretty sure I have that shut off.

Shaurria

Postby Shaurria » Thu Mar 24, 2011 4:12 pm

I think I've found who could play Rheugan.

Jonathan Rhys Meyers.
Give him longer black hair and a goatee, and he'd be perfect. He's even got the right accent. >_>

Now if only I could find someone for Pitch....
Will you carry me down the aisle that final day
With your tears and cold hands shaking from the weight
When you lower me down beneath that sky of gray
Let the rain fall down and wash away your pain

Return to “Roleplay”