Of Impositions and New Traditions

Post your RP stories/character descriptions/other cool stuff here!

Moderator: Guild Officer

Eithriel

Re: Of Impositions and New Traditions

Post by Eithriel »

“No, no, no, no. Definitely not... that’s out, hmm, I think this is an insult, and that could spark a war.”

With growing impatience Eithriel groaned at the ‘very important papers’ Illithias had shoved at her so unceremoniously before storming out. The scribble was confused, awkward and rude. Much like that damned Elf.

“Well, if this is what passes for an internal monologue, it explains a lot.” Reading over the first page she parsed Illi’s meaning, giggled quietly and read it again, just to make sure she understood.

dear PERSON'S NAME - make sure to find names. or what people call them. is fells lady drachmas? i don't know
OR TITLES. YES. perfect. if no name then title.
PUT DATE HERE
you have been cordially invited to the celebrations of the anniversary of the birthdate of Illithias. this will be held four weeks hence from now at the atrium of the great city gateway of the city of Darnassus, on the world tree of Teldrassil
(limited) beverages will be provided. feel free to bring food and drink of your own NO GOBLIN FOOD FOR THE LOVE OF ELUNE
no rsVP REquired. we reserved the right to refuse participation by uninvited shadowmancers, demonologists or members/sympathisers of the Horde (should threaten with violence ??) or other abominations
ALL OTHERS WELCOME (is this a lie? i'm not sure)

yours sincerely

A large inky thumbprint was smeared across the bottom of the page. ‘Alrigh’, shouldn’t be too hard.’ Eithriel pulled out a new nib and ink as well as a fresh pile of papers and got to work.

Occasionally some bit of armour or kit went ‘clunk’ in the other room, threatening another headache-inducing landslide. Her apartment, once a sanctuary of learning and the subtle practice of arcane arts now stank of leather, oil and the tang of metal. Eithriel turned a baleful eye on the door and considered polymorphing something important.

Hours later and with fingers now stained with ink Eithriel sat back and considered her once tidy room. It was littered with sheaves of papers, some of them scratched with Illithias’ horrid scrawl, most of them marked with her own neat cursive. The most recent additions to the pile were, at the very least, legible. But here at least was the first perfect copy – she could have one of the younger scribes make more. It was.... shorter than Illithias’ original, certainly. But it was also more likely to result in actual guests.

Dear....

You are cordially invited to a party in celebration of Illithias’ birthday, to be held on four weeks hence at the Great City Gate in Darnassus, perched on the World Tree Teldrassil.

Festival foods will be served, but guests are invited to bring their own contributions for the feasting.

I look forward to seeing you there,*

Illithias

*All friends are welcome, however please consider Kaldorei traditions and the locale
Bricu

Post by Bricu »

Illithias wrote:[[ OOC: Illi is holding a party! For her unknown and unspecified birthdate. It will be held ingame, on Tuesday the 4th of August (regular RP night) from 5pm server (so, two weeks from now). It will be held in the area on top of the Darnassus city gate - the Korean styled one on the road into Darnassus from inner Teldrassil.

Everyone should come. If you can read this thread, it's highly likely you've seen an invite, whether one sent directly, heard about, found, or stolen. The list of people who're getting one sent is lengthy - hell, even Laurus will be receiving one (why? I'm not sure).

So come along to the birthday party of one of the younger elves. If you would like to post anything of your character(s) receiving one of these invites, please feel free to post - the thread's free for all now. ]]

If bricu had a blackberry, it'd be in his calendar.
I drink to keep you pretty
--
Yva

Post by Yva »

((Stop being emo! We were all planning on being there and then the server took a dump. In fact Tarq and I were debating when to switch to certain alts for the party. So there.

Monday/Tuesday nights (especially Tuesdays) are best for this sort of thing as it's set aside for RP. You tell us a Tuesday night, you will see a turn out, I promise.))
So if you meet me have some courtesy, have some sympathy and some taste. Use all your well-learned politesse or I'll lay your soul to waste.
Threnn
Site Admin

Post by Threnn »

((Half of the chatter in OOC before you logged on was "Is Illi's party still happening?" So, yes, you'd damned well better reschedule. <3))
Aelflaed

Post by Aelflaed »

((Annie Mae was actually in Darnassus to see if things were still happening, because I couldn't get Aely out of Dalaran >.< so I'll be there, you should definitely reschedule!))
[5.OOC] Beltar: Hammer of What The Fuck Were You Thinking
Bricu

Post by Bricu »

(3.2 and net issues complicated my appearance, but i was there, ready to be astounded by Illi's party. You best schedule another time.)
I drink to keep you pretty
--
Aelflaed

Post by Aelflaed »

Bump for Reminding!

Also - I have a Meeting of Doom tonight - I'm not sure when I'll be home, but I will do whatever I can to get there in time to at least see part of the party. <3!
[5.OOC] Beltar: Hammer of What The Fuck Were You Thinking
Yva

Post by Yva »

((There, with bells on. ))
So if you meet me have some courtesy, have some sympathy and some taste. Use all your well-learned politesse or I'll lay your soul to waste.
Tarq

Post by Tarq »

((So um, I'm functionally retarded and thought Eithriel was arriving in Seattle a week before she actually is. Tarq will be there tonight.))
Now hang me by this golden noose
'Cause I never been nothin' but your golden goose
Silver tongue don't fail me now
And I'll make my way back to you somehow