Letters to Pa

Post your RP stories/character descriptions/other cool stuff here!

Moderator: Guild Officer

Fallah

Letters to Pa

Postby Fallah » Thu Apr 01, 2010 11:27 pm

((timeframe: the morning after Naiara's rescue. Crossposted from arrens.net))

Dear Pa,

It was wonderful to see you and Ma! Now will you believe me when I write and say that I am fine, that I am healthy, that I am eating? Speaking of eating, thank Ma again for making the Liver Pie. Reminded me of being back on the farm in Westfall. No one here can make it properly.

I know you had doubts about my training as a Paladin at the University. Perhaps diligent studies at the Cathedral would yield faster results, but as you yourself have said, "Paladin is not a trade: it is a way of life". I am learning so much in my other classes: healing, history, politics. I believe all of this will be useful once I am out in the 'real world'. I do still visit the Cathedral daily and speak with the followers of the Light there. I am receiving lessons in the 3 Virtues, even if indirectly.

The main reason that I am writing to you again so soon after seeing you is to send a warning. I am certain I am just being paranoid, but what's a little more ink and parchment to gain peace of mind? Please be wary and vigilant if any strangers stop by the farm. I'm sure you'll chastise me for getting involved in this at all, but the life of an innocent child was at stake. Those responsible for her disappearance were tangled up in some very dark magic indeed. I did not run off into this alone: other helping hands from the University were present, as well as most of their close allies in a certain group. (You know what I mean). I did assist personally in cleansing some areas that had been used in shadow-magic rituals. The caster was powerful and known to disguise herself as a shy young woman. She is very angry and vengeful. If she was able to trace those involved...well, I don't want to worry you.

I woke this morning with a wisp of a dream in my memory, just a fragment. I know it was at your farm and I had a shivery, weird feeling about it. I'm sure it's nothing. Please keep your eyes open and the Light close at hand. More experienced fighters are going after this woman, I'm sure. My plan is to hole up at school for a few days and recover: the cleansing was exhausting.

My invitation remains open for you both to visit at any time. I'd love for you to meet my friends and teachers.

Light be with both of you always.

Love,

Fallah

Return to “Roleplay”