The Hauntings of a People

Post your RP stories/character descriptions/other cool stuff here!

Moderator: Guild Officer

Yva

Shad

Post by Yva »

It won't stop and healing won't help it. You've tried, but this is no organic problem. There is nothing in your body that is malfunctioning, and so your training, your magics do nothing to alleviate the problem. Whatever is afflicting you is foreign and unidentifiable. It's not alive, it's not a germ or a virus because you'd sense those things, feel their taint in the very pattern that is your life. No, this is wrongness given form. It's living inside of you, in your guts. You can feel it oozing around, and when it wants to come out . . .

The first time you're already outside. You feel fine one minute, and then the next you don't. Your stomach lurches and gurgles like you've eaten something awful. You frown and look down, wondering what could possibly make your guts caterwaul so. Another burbling noise and you feel your throat contract. You stumble towards a tree, your palm going against the bark and splaying so you're steady. Green magic is already flooding from your fingertips, ready to attack whatever illness plagues you, but before you can will the healing along, you're gagging. You bend at the waist and start to get sick.

In the beginning it's dry heaves - nothing comes up even though you can feel whatever it is threatening to spill forth. You spit and shake your head, sweat breaking out on your brow. The next heave brings nothing, and the next as well. Finally, after retching for what seems like forever, you actually manage to get it out of your system. As your eyes pinched closed when you started to get sick, you don't immediately see what was thrust from your body. You stand there for a few moments, trying to collect yourself, breathing deeply as you will the nausea away.

When you feel the awfulness abate, you run you arm over your sweaty forehead. Your eyes flutter open and you look down at the source of your discontent. It's inky blackness, a thick viscous fluid. It reminds you of the tar in the Un'Goro crater in its consistency, and for all intents and purposes it might as well be, save for the fact that it's moving. You shake your head, trying to wrap your mind around the concept of something that swirls like a maelstrom having been thrust from your guts. You think it might be a parasite, or something similar, but it doesn't register as alive, and a parasite would, so that can't be correct. You're not given time to contemplate it, either, as the mass bubbles and then moves. It's sliding across the ground now, slowly flowing towards your shoe, which is uphill not down. Fluids flow towards the lowest point not . . .

You scamper back, pressing your hand to your mouth. You immediately begin flooding your body with your spells, trying to heal yourself, to dispel whatever is assailing you. It takes you three more sicks for you to figure out that this thing is aberrant in every way, shape, and form. You have no idea who to even bring this to, though a paladin seems the most likely candidate in case of a spiritual illness, if there even IS such a thing. Unfortunately no one is answering their box this early in the day. You have to wait and hope that whatever is causing this doesn't kill you in the meanwhile.

The family. I have to stay away from the family in case of a contagion.

You stumble away from the farm, walking along the hills until you can't see the house any longer. It's then that you start to feel the presence that coats your stomach, almost massaging you from the inside out. It swirls and churns, it gurgles and groans. It contracts and then goes small only to contract again a few seconds later. It reaches its presence up your throat, tickling it and making you heave again and again, until your stomach muscles clamp in agony. You stumble onto your knees and retch more of the horrible blackness onto the ground, your eyes stinging as you watch the inky emissions ooze their way to the lake to float upon the surface like oil.
So if you meet me have some courtesy, have some sympathy and some taste. Use all your well-learned politesse or I'll lay your soul to waste.
Yva

Kyraine.

Post by Yva »

The ghost sits in the chair in your bedroom and lights a spectral cigarette on the candle by the window. For an intangible object, it makes a coil of real smoke. Your nostrils flare as the smell of burning herbs makes it to your nose.

She was beautiful once, that much you can tell. Her hair is fat coils of dark red, her eyes a pretty gray, skin a pale cream with a wash of freckles. She's tall and thin, with a trim waist and long legs.

"I'm haunting you," she says. "I do hope it's not an imposition." It's clear she's not making it up - she's translucent, and where her feet ought to be are faded wispy tendrils that taper into puffs of cloudy mist. She crosses her legs, eying you as you lay in bed. "Well, it's supposed to be an imposition actually, so I suppose I'm lying about that part."

You don't quite know what to say to the ghost, and she doesn't seem to care. She just sits back in the chair, slumping a little, looping her arm casually over the back of the seat.

"I was thinking about ways to do this. Moving things, spectral orbs floating about, images in the mirror. None of it really appealed to me. Style over substance." She taps her cigarette like a pillar of cigarette ash will fall on the floor. "I'm going to make it simple. You're simply not going to sleep. When you try it, I'll wake you up. I've heard people go mad after three days, so this ought to be interesting."

She smiles and stretches, eyes narrowing as she regards you. "You're more than welcome to try if you like, though. Half the fun of it would be you making the attempt, I think."

You stare, and stare more. She just lights herself another cigarette and rolls her head around on her shoulders. When she does this you can see where the blade took her, the slice from ear to ear. It's like a second gaping mouth, and you shudder, tugging your blankets up to your chest.

"Enough of that then. Ta, darling. We'll talk soon." As you watch, she disappears from view like she was never there at all, the only indication that this actually happened the lingering scent of her cigarette.

You huddle down in your bed and watch as the candle in the window blows itself out.

At first, her threat about sleep is a wasted one. You won't sleep after that - your mind swims with thoughts of what you just saw, of the whys and the hows. Trying to convince yourself it's a dream, you pinch yourself, wanting to wake up from this odd happening, but all you manage to do is make your skin red.

"Not asleep."

No, just haunted apparently.

You pace the rest of the night with no further appearances from your ghost. You even manage to dress yourself in the morning and go out to get some work done, free of her presence. By three in the afternoon you're exhausted, though, and you stumble back to your room, stifling a yawn against your palm. You fall face first into bed, burying your head in the pillows. It's broad daylight, and ghosts don't appear during broad daylight, right?

It's actually a correct assumption. This ghost does not appear during broad daylight - she does something much more insidious. As you feel yourself drifting, thoughts of hauntings and spectral visions falling away, you feel something burning in your left shoulder, underneath your shirt. You yelp and sit up, slapping at it, which just makes it all the worse.

Gritting your teeth in frustration, you scamper over towards the mirror on the wall and tug your shirt aside, wondering if perhaps you've been stung by a bee or bitten by a spider, but instead you find a small red and black . . burn.

Like a cigarette burn.

"Tsk tsk, darling. I did warn you," she says from nowhere.
So if you meet me have some courtesy, have some sympathy and some taste. Use all your well-learned politesse or I'll lay your soul to waste.
Yva

Grendrak

Post by Yva »

It looks like a vine - a pink and red vine with strange little fuzzy nodules on its surface. At its base it's approximately three inches in diameter, tapering to a fine point halfway up the wall. A small offshoot of the vine has begun to wind its way around the foot of the end table near your bed.

It's unlike any plant you've ever encountered in that it's warm to the touch and squishy - you can almost feel a soft fluid moving around inside of it, reminding you of aloe. Pinching it doesn't do much, though. It has a tougher exterior than it looks; your fingernail can't puncture through the outer shell.

It sprouted overnight, as far as you can tell, breaking through the floorboards from downstairs. You wonder if they have the same strange plant growing in their room. You don't think too much of it as you pluck the vine out by its root and toss it into the trash. If you see it again, you'll complain to the innkeep, but for the time being it's out of sight, out of mind. An odd happening, certainly, but not one warranting immediate investigation.

You leave for the day and set about your duties.

Later that night, road weary and longing for a bath and a hot meal, you go back to your room, your key sliding into the lock with a familiar click. You shove the door open and totter into the waiting darkness. It smells a little funny, almost like cabbage and something coppery, and you grunt, allowing your personal effects to fall to the floor as you make your way towards the table with the light. You're almost there when the vine loops around your ankle. It squeezes, hard, feeling like fingers manacling around you, the illusion given more weight by the fleshlike texture of the plant life's surface.

The door is ajar, and so a dim light is allowed to shine through. It's enough to show you the dark pink coil wrapping around your leg and climbing. It's to your knee now, and working it way toward your thigh.

A second vine joins the mix, wrapping around your other ankle. Your eyes adjust to the darkness and you start to pick out the growth covering the walls of your room. What started as a single offshoot of vine is now everywhere, culminating in massive lumps of pink and red flesh blobs along the baseboards and ceiling. You yell for help, or try to, but another coil twines around your lower face, going tight around your neck. It's not trying to kill you, it's trying to hold you, and you begin to wriggle and panic as more and more vine winds and wraps and pulls. You feel your feet leaving the floor as you're drown up, towards the ceiling, your body jerked so it's horizontal.

Struggling makes the vines go tighter, and so you lie there limply, contemplating ways out of your bind. Magic would perhaps free you, would burn its way through the tendrils. As you open your hand to make the attempt, the vines begin to move you again, towards those larger fleshy lumps. As your body is pulled towards them, you notice the folds in the redness part open, and you have the horrible thought that inaction is going to end with you cocooned in the depths of the sacks.

Head first.
Yva

Maggie Maunt

Post by Yva »

The dog was near - too near. He'd been trailing her for a week, and no matter what she did to try and shake the horrible thing, it seemed to know. It was far too intelligent for one of its ilk. Maggie Maunt had the sneaking suspicion this was no simple demonic plaything; the felhound was too keen, too shrewd, and far, far too hearty. Magic that would have killed a lesser creature four times over barely bothered this thing. It just . . . ate her effects like she was offering it a delicious meal.

She'd gone from the Eastern Plagues to the Western, then down to Southshore and Alterac. She'd worked her way into the Scarlet Monastery, hiding in the depths of the scarlet city, but she couldn't stay long. Always the felhound was in pursuit, tentacles swaying as it sipped at the traces of her magical resonance, knowing her scent, knowing the feel of her shadow magic. She was growing desperate; if she had to keep running, she couldn't prepare a proper ritual for Tom. This was inconvenient and stifling. She, Maggie Maunt, upper echelon in the Cult of the Damned, was on the defensive thanks to a dog. Well, more appropriately, the witch controlling the dog, but still . . .she needed something, to DO something to give herself time and space.

"Damn it," she hissed, shoes grinding into the cobblestone treets. "Damn it, damn it, DAMN IT."

The demon is a servant, a lowly servant of another. Give it a reason to go home.

And so she paced, and thought, and paced some more before settling down onto the ground to rip her skirt apart. She pulled a needle from her pack and began to sew.

Her fingers thrust through the veil, and she spoke the names of the greater spirits, calling on them to kneel to her as they were bound to do. They were shimmering pillars of charcoal and white, their eyes deep, black recesses that revealed nothing of their malevolent proclivities.

"I have tasks for each of you." She pulled the first one to her and whispered a name, shoving the rag doll against the creature's middle. "Make her call the beast back."

The rag doll and the attending ghost disappeared with a hiss, leaving a smoldering pile of ash in their wake.

The second spirit awaited its orders, its form undulating, going from dense to fade and back again. Maggie reached out to stroke where its cheek would be, and the spirit grew in power, feeding off of her magical offering, siphoning bits of it away to nourish itself.

"Weaken him, eat his will. Make him complacent. Hunt the fox and you will know the way."

"Foooox," it sighed, swirling above her head and cooing before whisking down the streets.

She watched it go, her lips twitching into a smile.

"And as for her."

She turned her head to regard the last and final spirit. Her hands glowed bright as she thrust them into the thing's body, pouring her magic into it, granting it power beyond the likes it had ever seen. It grew bigger, riper, fatter, almost like it would burst from the potency of the gift. She fed it and fed it until sweat broke out on her brow and her knees were threatening to buckle.

"Just kill her already, would you?"
Yva

Bricu

Post by Yva »

She was a mother now - again, really - with more than herself to take care of. There was a den of kits waiting for her, hidden deep within the recesses of their little burrow. She was a sly thing, and so she chose a place beneath the great oak, where the gnarled, twisted roots would hide the entrance to their sanctuary. Her brood of five was as safe as any forest-born mother could make them.

It was late, the sun was creeping past the horizon, bathing everything in a wash of orange tinged gold. Dusk was for leaving the den, for hunting, and so she abandoned her babies to sweep through the underbrush, her narrow nose pressed to the ground. It was easy to catch the hare's scent, to follow it to the glade deep inside of the forest. The brown creature didn't hear her approach, instead nibbling on its meal of grass, seemingly oblivious to the red predator lying in wait.

She slinked forward, her tail low to the ground, waiting . . .

Waiting.

POUNCE.

Her teeth were around its neck as her head worried back and forth. Skin was flayed wide, blood flowed, a bone snapped. Within moment she had herself a suitable meal, a hearty meal even. Her family normally fed on mice and rats; to catch a rabbit was a rare prize - one that would keep them sustained for days.

She lugged the hare back under the cover of shrubs, darting from shadow to shadow, her eyes flicking everywhere. Unless she was careful, larger predators would try and steal her kill. The biggest dangers were the owls, who would wake soon and swoop down with their great wings, their greedy talons grasping for any meat they could find. She'd felt the sting of their claws before, in her back, and she knew better than to risk their wrath. It was best to move before they became a threat.

Luck was with her this day, though, as she brought the hare through the twisting maze of roots and into the foxhole. She dragged it to her babies, opening its belly and offering the succulent meats. They dug their noses in, greedily scarfing down the offering, tearing at sinew and devouring the organs. She joined them, taking her share of the fine meal. It was tasty and fresh and so very delicious. She ate until her jaw was bloodied, until the carcass was picked clean.

She sat on her haunches to clean herself, wiping her paw over her face. The kits settled down into a heap of tired, one furry body piled on top of another, sated and content thanks to the hunt. She licked her fur, pausing to open her mouth wide, a tremendous yawn escaping. Her eyelids drooped. She thought to take the hare out of the den before it polluted their home, but a strange fatigue had settled into her bones, making her weary. She staggered over towards her brood, settling down beside one of the kits, a potent lethargy washing over her.

Sick. SICK.

The knowledge of a wrongness made her lip curl, a rumbling growl starting in her throat. Something was a threat, something like sickness was overcoming her. She eyed the hare, wondering if it was bad meat. Its dead eyes just stared back at her. The desire to move the kits was strong now, to relocate away from whatever was causing The Bad Thing, but she was so tired her head dipped forward. She draped a paw over the smallest of her young, her bushy tail curling around its body.

Move. Move away. Bad thing.

She knew she should, but she was just too tired.
Yva

Yva

Post by Yva »

One.

All I want is for my mommy to love me. I want to be her everything. I look so much like her, too - I'm pink and rosy with curly black hair and a pretty white dress. I have blue eyes like she does, and a cherry red mouth. I always smile when I see her and ask her to hold me. I want her to cradle me forever and ever.

She's warm and smells like roses.

Two.

I think Mommy's mad at me. She put me in my room and won't let me out. I cry but she ignores it and it makes me sad. She only came to see me once, and she looked so angry I got scared. She frowned and cursed before slamming the door. It made me cry louder, which got the dogs barking. They scratch at my door and bay, and I'm afraid of them. I think they'd bite me if they could.

I hope Mommy won't let them get me.

Three.

We went out today! Mommy took me to meet her friend at The Blue Recluse, a girl who stunk funny, like cigarettes. They played with my dress and talked about me a lot. Mommy said she'd teach the girl how to be a good mommy like her one day. I wanted her to hold me but Mommy wouldn't let me go.

It's nice that Mommy loves me so much she won't let others touch me.

Four.

I hate it when he comes home. I won't even call him Daddy. He's tall and big and takes Mommy away from me. She almost forgets about me when he's here. I'm put in my room and not allowed out, no matter how much I cry. She doesn't even talk about me, like I don't exist. I don't know why Mommy loves me less when he's home, but she does.

I hate him. I wish he'd die.

Five.

Mommy took me everywhere with her today! I got to ride through Dalaran and Stormwind. It was a nice day, and Mommy brushed my hair in the Park for a while. It felt nice. She says she's going to make me a new dress soon. She sung me songs, too. My favorite is the one about ice and fire and wind. It makes Mommy happy to sing it.

Six.

Mommy struck me today over and over, and I felt her magic for the first time. It hurted real bad, and I hope she doesn't do it again. It was so cold. She threw me and I got a booboo when I hit the wall. When she saw what she did she picked me up and cried and told me she was sorry over and over, and then she put a patch on my dress.

Seven.

I was riding with Mommy when the big dog came home. He's mean. He smells like bad things and is angry. He bites mommy and hurts her, and he stomps on the ground a lot. I tell Mommy how much he scares me and she threatened to send him away forever, but he whined and she gave in cause she's too nice. I think he'll hurt me if he can, though. I told Mommy that and she said that we're all family and no one will hurt anyone while she's around. I hope she never leaves.

Eight.

The big dog told on me. He told her I'd been bad and she punished me and gave me to the man I hate. I don't want him to die anymore, though. I just want him to love me like she does so we can be family, like Mommy said we could be. He looked like he wanted to, and maybe he will. Maybe he'll be okay with me and then Mommy won't send me to my room.

Eight and a half.

And then the dog destroyed its corporeal form by eating me and shitting me out in the nether.

FUCKING CUNT OF A DEMON-BEAST.
Yva

Threnn

Post by Yva »

He tied a leather apron over his robes. Liver spotted hands were thrust into matching gloves, and he flexed his fingers, enjoying the slight creak the leather made as it stretched and molded to his bones. It was customary for him to don a white face mask before service. They shouldn't know him, know his face. It became personal if they did, and this was not personal.

It was a job, a function. Brother Carmichael did not enjoy his duty, but he did take it very seriously.

A pair of guards accompanied him into the recesses of the fortress, away from prying eyes. Some wished to position The Chamber more prominently so it would act as a deterrent to those who sinned in spite of the light's heavenly glow, but Brother Carmichael had pulled rank, striking the proposal from the table. This was not a show, a three ringed circus for the pleasure of sadists. This was a holy act. It was a cleansing, a purging of the evil that dwelled in every man. He would not have his work cheapened or perverted for the sake of politics.

He took the ring of iron from his belt, sliding the biggest key into the lock on the large wooden door. Hinges squealed as he pushed the door wide, revealing an enormous, dank chamber, the only light coming from the flickering torches along the wall. It smelled of burn and blood here, and he was thankful for his mask; - it softened some of the less pleasant facets of his duties. Though the body was a finely tuned machine, when it was put under duress, it could be more than a little disgusting.

He approached his newest charge, a young man who'd been brought into the red's service two years ago. General Abbendis had used him as a personal courier in New Avalon, and it wasn't until he was seen commiserating with one of Venomspite's brood that his allegiances became questionable. No one wanted to believe the boy was working for Sylvanas - he'd been a good, loyal servant by all appearances - and so he was granted a choice: immediate beheading, or questioning under the care of Brother Carmichael.

The boy didn't know Brother Carmichael's reputation, and so he'd opted for the latter. When they brought him into the dungeon and he first saw the mangled forms of others who'd failed the service, of others who'd been put beneath the Grand Inquisitor's lash, he begged for execution. The plea fell on deaf ears.

The young man was strapped to a table, his arms and legs fastened by strips of leather and metal clamps. Seeing the apronned man approach, he started to writhe and shriek, begging for mercy and professing his innocence. One word blended into the next as the sentences jumbled into panicked madness.

"If you do not hold your tongue, I will hold it for you in a jar. Is this understood?" Brother Carmichael turned toward the wall, assessing a long line of implements. His eyes settled on the tauren hide whip at the end. He picked it up, turning the familiar handle over in his palm. His fingers streaked along the lash, winding it around his fist and releasing so it coiled like a serpent on the floor.

The boy thudded down onto the table, his body trembling, sweat beading on his brow. His breath came in short, gasping pants, but to his credit, he did not utter another word

Brother Carmichael eyed him once before holding the lash above his head. "Today we will bleed the truth from you, boy. In the name of the Scarlet Crusade and High General Abbendis herself, let the inquisition begin."

There was a hiss, a snap, and the lash fell . . .

Threnn shrieked as her cheek opened wide, skin flayed by some invisible thing. She shoved her palm against the injury in a vain attempt to staunch the bleeding. They were all looking at her, asking questions, but she couldn't explain it beyond something The Old Woman Had Done. The pain was tremendous, she'd only felt it once before, early in her years in the service, but . . .

CRUMBLE.

She fell forward, onto her husband, as the second lash took her in the back, curving along her shoulder, possibly more painful than the last. Her shirt stuck to her skin, thick sticky blood acting like the worst kind of glue.

There was only two the first night. Little did she know it had just begun.
Yva

Aely

Post by Yva »

The first ran through the woods, eyes fixed on the ground beneath his boots. Every beat of feet against the earth resulted in a clang that tore through the morning quiet. The fogs had risen high, covering the land in an ethereal blanket of sweeping grays and whites. They recoiled from the first, though, making way, for he was wrong and dark and did not belong here.

Past his own domain, now treading dangerously close to the world of the living, the land would not welcome him.

She was somewhere beyond the mists, the old witch said, and he had to find her. She was his, given to him as a gift, ripe for the taking - a proper spoil of war for a conquering warlord - and so he'd strapped on his kit to pursue the prize. He would take her from where she belonged and bring her to a place where the winds sang the lamentations of those long lost.

He broke through the underbrush, sending the forest creatures skittering in fear. The clearing was beyond the weeping willow, and he pulled his sword from his back, gauntlets folding around the grip. The mists parted, signaling the end of his world and the beginning of hers, and beneath his black sallet helmet he allowed a rictus grin.

He crested the hill to peer down into the valley. She had red hair, the witch said, the color of fine spun garnet and gold, long enough to veil her from shoulder to hip. She was tale and pale, paler than good cream, the blood of the north singing through her veins. He licked his lips in wanting, hungry for a taste of such a succulent morsel, hungry for her pride and her life and everything she had to offer.

There was a bellow behind him.

He spun, bracing his legs at the second's approach. The stranger was outfitted in gleaming silver, in armor forged by the Covenant, riding a mount of magic and light. He slid from the horse's side and charged, bellowing a war cry, his glowing mace raised above his head. His shield was emblazoned blue and white and gold, matching the cloak that rippled behind him like water.

There was a thud and a clang as the combatants met on the hill, the first swinging his great sword in sweeping arcs, weapon shaking and shuddering as it struck against the second's shield. The second never gave ground, grunting and growling as he took each hit. He bent his legs and held his head down as he began to push forward, using the shield as a battering ram. The first tried to jerk his sword at the second's legs, but his blade met a protective shield, a barrier of gold that shimmered once but otherwise remained unchanged.

"Who are you! I have no quarrel with you."

The second said nothing, just pushed onward, a single eye glowing white above his faceplate. The first stepped back, maintaining his balance as best he could while in retreat, but the hillside was steep and his feet were skimming over rocks and dew laden grass. The mace was raised above the second's head again, poised to strike. There was another bellow as the weapon came down, swung strong, like it was wielded by a god's own hand. As it struck the first's sword, the dark weapon was shattered into a thousand pieces, shards of metal and wood flying in a shrieking spray of shadows.

The warlord rasped, fear coiling in the pit of his stomach.

"What magic is this, Stranger?"

The second said nothing, spinning around to swing the mace again, forcing the flat of the hammer into the first's middle, crushing the plate in like it was tin and not ebon forged steel. The first staggered to his knee, bending not by choice but by necessity, and he jerked his head back, peering up at the face of the champion.

He opened his mouth to speak, to try and reason with this strange being, but no words were allowed to come. The shield of Lordaeron ripped through the air, a glinting thing of gold and marvel, the edges slicing through the neckguard and the skin beneath. There was a hiss and a crunch, and then there was nothing as the first fell into a heap, his form dissolving into a pile of soot and ash.
Yva

Re: The Hauntings of a People

Post by Yva »

(Placeholder)
Yva

The End Part One.

Post by Yva »

On the buzzbox.

[3. exileic] Yva: . . . good evening.
[3. exileic] Beltar: Mmf.
[3. exileic] Yva: *crying baby* Shhhh. Shhh now.
[3. exileic] Threnn: The hell?
[3. exileic] Yva: -CLANG CLUNK THUD, BABY WAILING-
[3. exileic] Yva: . . . shhhh. Anyone busy? . . . less than busy. I sup - WAILING - shhhhh. *crooning*
[3. exileic] Threnn: The hell is going on?
[3. exileic] Yva: Pose.
[3. exileic] Yva: I have a baby. It is not mine. I'm also in the middle of Stromgarde and I think I see a bone sticking out of my leg. I am trying not to panic.
[3. exileic] Bricu: I'mmmm N-n-o...F-BALLACKS. A baby?
[3. exileic] Yva: . . . I had her. And I lost her. Oh yes.
[3. exileic] Bairix: ...that doesn't sound good. Shall I come help?
[3. exileic] Shad: Do you need healing?
[3. exileic] Yva: Jak's not picking up his box. I really wish he would.
[3. exileic] Beltar: I'm in Ironforge, lass. Reckon I can fly yer way.
[3. exileic] Yva: . . . I think I might.
[3. exileic] Shad: ..That was a stupid question, was it not.
[3. exileic] Bairix: Stromgarde, you say. Be there shortly.
[3. exileic] Shad: Likewise.
[3. exileic] Bairix: Now, what's all this about a baby? What's going on?
[3. exileic] Yva: She was going to kill it. Flaadhun found it - the ritual, and I stopped her from killing it.
[3. exileic] Shad: She? The--the witch?
[3. exileic] Bairix: I don't suppose we could be a little less vague, if I'm going to get killed, I'd like to know.
[3. exileic] Yva: And then she . . . well she actually hurt me. I think.
[3. exileic] Bricu: Be p-p-p...Fer fuck's sake. I c-c-c-... Fuckin' Curse.
[3. exileic] Shad: A bone sticking out of a leg does indicate injury, yes.
[3. exileic] Yva: Painful.
[3. exileic] Duugvilder: Maunt...you have found her?
[3. exileic] Yva: Had.
[3. exileic] Bairix: ...we're still being terribly vague, I find.
[3. exileic] Yva: I had to save the child. It wasn't wrong? *humming*
[3. exileic] Duugvilder: Where are we meeting to hunt her?
[3. exileic] Beltar: I'll be t'ya in a couple minutes, lass. Where y'at inside'a Stromgarde?
[3. exileic] Yva: . . . I do . . . - WAILING - . . . I haven't gotten that far. I sent the dog.
[3. exileic] Bricu: What are yeh d-d-doin' fer the....fuckin' pain.
[3. exileic] Yva: Sitting here. I iced it down. *hysterical laughter*
[3. exileic] Bairix: Am I going to be murdered three steps into Stromgarde? This is rather vital information, something I would like to know.
[3. exileic] Yva: Ogres. Everywhere. Rather . . .
[3. exileic] Bricu: Be professional, yeh'll be...fuckin' fine.
[3. exileic] Bairix: ...I can handle those.
[3. exileic] Beltar: I'm about there. If y'hear me screamin' in agony, answer's prolly "yes."
[3. exileic] Duugvilder: I have Kestil with me. Where do we meet?
[3. exileic] Pitchblàck: Huh?
[3. exileic] Yva: Ow. *whimpers*
[3. exileic] Bairix: ...we haven't gotten that far, yet.
[3. exileic] Yva: -Baby wailing-
[3. exileic] Bricu: Threnny an' I are enroute.
[3. exileic] Yva: She actually hurt me. -sounds incredulous-
[3. exileic] Bricu: Rock the baby.
[3. exileic] Yva: *hums*

In the tower in Stromgarde.

Beltar kneels before you.

Yva is covered in ice from neck to feet. The only thing not covered is the baby in her arms and her face.

[3. exileic] Beltar: Found 'er. Top o' tower, where th'ogres are.
[3. exileic] Bairix: Do we know who the child's parents are?

Yva glances up. One eye is swollen shut, and her nose is mushed in.

[3. exileic] Yva: . . . no.
[3. exileic] Beltar: Get some healin'.
[3. exileic] Shad: I am almost there.

Beltar says: Hold still, lass, I can wrap 'at cut on th' back o'yer head.

Beltar bandages Yva's head best he can.

Yva says: Thank you. M-most kind.

Yva now apparently has a head bandage too.

Yva says: You look tired.

[3. exileic] Duugvilder: I'm coming and bringing Kestil with me.

Yva looks up at him and her pupil swims in her eye. The baby wails.

Beltar says: I wouldn't trade w'ya right now.

Bairix huffs, puffs...covered in blood...alot of blood.

Shad smiles soothingly.

Yva just sort of sits there, limp, save for the ice that's EVERYWHERE.

Shad says: All right. What do we have...
Bairix says: Let me hold the baby, Lady Darrows. Shad will help you, mmmn?

Shad kneels down.

Beltar says: She's got a bad cut on th' back o'her head, though I reckon 'at's lower on th'list 'an her leg, aye?
Shad says: That would indeed be a lower priority.

[3. exileic] Pitchblàck: What happened?

Shad says: Yes, Yva, if you could hand the baby off?

Yva looks up and her eyeball swims in her head, rolling around. She smiles at Bairix and . . . she's missing a tooth. She offers the baby forward.

[3. exileic] Beltar: Somebody 'r somethin' beat th'shit outta her, not t'put too fine a point on it.

Bairix cradles the baby, frowns at Yva. "...well, that's less than attractive." He rocks the baby back and forth, gently.

[3. exileic] Aelflaed: Evenin' folks.
[3. exileic] Shad: Jak is going to be so angry.
[3. exileic] Pitchblàck: Who, yva?

The baby crams its fist in mouth and whimpers.

[3. exileic] Shad: Evening, Aely.

Yva says: I look a fright.

Yva cackles. It makes things bleed when she does.

[3. exileic] Pitchblàck: Hi Aely

Bairix coos quietly. "Shh. It's okay, baby. It's okay."

Shad says: You do, but...well, let us start with this leg, hmm?

[3. exileic] Aelflaed: Who beat th' shit outta who?

Shad takes off his gloves and smiles up at Threnn.

Bairix says: Well, Lady Darrows...perhaps it was rather...uninformed to engage whoever it was you engaged on your own.

Yva looks at the baby. "I had to choose."

Threnn approaches slowly, back extremely straight.

Yva says: . . . it was her or let Maunt go, and I let her go.

Yva licks her lips.

Yva says: I'm sorry.

Beltar says: I didn't see nothin' comin' in here. 'cept lotta dead ogres.
Threnn says: Why would you be sorry for that?

Adenydd fails sneaking for a moment.

Yva's ice spreads. And spreads. It's climbing the wall.

Bairix says: Oh, yes. I ran into alot of alive ogres. No more though, no more.

[3. exileic] Threnn: Seems Yva tangled with Maggie Maunt.
[3. exileic] Pitchblàck: .....

Shad says: Yva. I am going to try pushing the bone back into place, all right?
Yva says: That's going to hurt.
Bairix says: Why didn't you call for help?
Yva says: . . . time was of the essence.
Shad says: This is going to hurt, but likely no more than it does now. Not much more.

[3. exileic] Aelflaed: ... oh lovely. Ye need hands?
[3. exileic] Pitchblàck: Is she dead? Please tell me she's dead

Beltar 's head slowly sags forward.

[3. exileic] Kalenedral: alone?

Threnn says: Get something for her to bite down on.

[3. exileic] Tarquin: Fir fuck's /sake/.

Yva says: I'm not dead. I'M NOT DEAD.

[3. exileic] Shad: Yes, ah, more healing would be, um...very helpful.

Yva yells: I AM NOT FUCKING DEAD.

[3. exileic] Pitchblàck: Where are you guys?

Shad says: Yva, please calm down.

Yva 's ice starts to shake and quake.

Bairix tosses a strap of leather at Shad.

Shad catches it and hands it to Yva.

[3. exileic] Duugvilder: At, or on the way to, Stromgarde.

Shad says: Here. Bite on this?

Bricu peers at Adenydd searchingly.

Yva looks at Shad. Her one functioning eye is going bloodshot.

Bairix glances back towards the top of the stairs.

[3. exileic] Pitchblàck: Lark and I are coming, case you need backup
[3. exileic] Aelflaed: Oan m'way
[3. exileic] Bricu: There's someone else here.

Threnn peers at Beltar searchingly.

Threnn says: Beltar? You all right?

[3. exileic] Bairix: One of Maunt's perhaps? Shall I handle it?

Beltar 's head snaps up so fast his helmet clangs off the wall.

Yva opens her mouth.

Bricu says: Oi. Head back down stairs.
Shad says: Are you ready?
Yva says: On day one Mother had her fun.
Beltar says: Ow, damn. Oh, lass, didn't see ya come in.

Yva griiiiiins.

Threnn says: 's all --
Shad says: Oh dear Elune.

Threnn 's head whips around. She immediately winces.

Bairix says: Lady Darrows, do hold it together or your efforts saving the child will be for naught as you bring the tower down on her head.
Threnn says: Yva. If I have to slap you, it's going to cause us both worlds of pain.

Shad puts the leather strap on his shoulder and begins to attempt to push the bone back into place.

Beltar says: I can do it for ya, Threnny, if'n I can stay 'wake long 'nuff.
Bricu says: yer concern is well noted. Now yeh can fuck off down stairs.

Yva's hand jerks out, hard, icy claws surfacing on her fingertips as she latches them into Shad's neck. The bloodshot eye goes glassy.

Shad freezes immediately.

Shad says: ...help

Threnn says: Bloody, godsdamned... Bairix, get the baby out of here.
Bricu says: Bairix, back up.

Yva stares.

Bairix rocks the baby, cooing at it and taking a few steps back.

Bricu takes his helmet off.

Threnn leans in stiffly.

Threnn says: Yva.

[i[Yva breathes hard. It makes things in her nose begin to bleed.[/i]

Threnn says: Gotta let the ice go. Now.

Bairix eyes Adenydd. "...no closer, please. We're not being terribly trusting right now, and I don't recognize you."

Yva licks her lips again and flicks her eye to Threnn. Her vision swims for a moment, and her pupil rolls up. Her arm goes slack as her head droops forward.

Shad coughs.

Duugvilder says: We came as quickly as we could.
Shad says: Thank you.

Adenydd whirls and watches all the folk runnin' around. "Well pikin' 'ell, it's a bloody--"

Threnn puts an arm out and uses Bricu's shoulder to push herself back up.

[3. exileic] Aelflaed: *tersely* sommat wan' t' get me closer n' "Near Stromgarde"?

Duugvilder looks closely at Yva, and then starts rummaging for bandages.

[3. exileic] Bairix: Top of the tower.
[3. exileic] Beltar: Tower up by th'ogres. Top.
[3. exileic] Threnn: Past the ogres.
[3. exileic] Bairix: In Stromgarde, in fact.

Threnn nods.

[3. exileic] Duugvilder: The Tower of Arathor, Friends.

Bricu helps Threnn up, then steadies her.

[3. exileic] Aelflaed: Righ'

Shad takes the strap of leather and uses it to bind Yva's hands. Just in case.

Yva murmurs quietly, humming to herself. The ice shimmers and shakes around her and begins to fall away.

Duugvilder pulls out several rolls of bandages and offers them to Shad.

Threnn says: Love. Duug, hold her shoulders when Shad starts.

Shad smiles weakly.

Shad says: Thank you, Duug.

Adenydd blinks at Aelflaed.

Duugvilder reaches out and prepares to hold Yva.

Adenydd says: It's ah bloody convention.

Shad looks over his shoulder.

Bricu gives Shad a curt nod.

Shad sighs and sets back to Yva's leg, carefully pushing the bone back in.

Bairix continues to watch Adenydd. "Yes, well. All the same, no closer please."

Threnn nods at Aelflaed.

Yva whispers and shadows churn. Things with eyes, arms, and too many mouths start to slither through them, shifting.

Aelflaed says: 'lo folk.

Adenydd mutters and sits, eyeing folks.

Bairix says: Quite appreciated.

Duugvilder puts slight pressure on Yva's shoulders and whispers to her.

Threnn says: YVA.

Yva jerks her head up.

Beltar says: Oh Shaper's nuts, not th' shadows again.

Shad carefully stretches the skin to fit it back in. That probably hurts, yeah.

Aelflaed says: Wha' happened?
Bairix says: ...perhaps stuff something in her mouth, to muffle her speech.
Bricu says: Yva found Maggie.
Bairix says: Rather difficult to cast spells in that state, mmmn?
Threnn says: Not entirely sure.

Beltar quietly mutters, "Knew I shoulda given 'er some bourbon."

Yva whimpers and the shadows waiver in turn.

Threnn points at the baby in Bairix' arms.

Threnn says: Seems she had to make a choice.

Duugvilder continues to whisper, hoping to distract Yva.

Adenydd peers over her shoulder.

Kestil looks at Beltar with a raised eyebrow. "I have some now."

Adenydd says: Och, great, cat-people tae.
Aelflaed says: Twixt Yva an' th' bairn?
Shad says: There we go. Now we can...
Yva says: . . . Tommy. To bring Tommy back.
Threnn says: Between Maggie and the baby. Was Yva had to do the deciding.

Pitchblàck peers.

Aelflaed says: Shad, if I c'n help, holler.
Beltar says: No, Darrows is th'one had t'make th'choice. 'Tween...aye, he said it.

Wildlark eyes Adenydd up and down.

Bairix glances back. "Really, her power isn't in her hands. Gag her, keep her from casting spells."

Shad says: You can help. Trust me, you can help.

Yva looks at the baby and groans.

Shad says: Please, come check the rest of her?

Adenydd peers over again, clearing her throat. "Yeh ken, if'n 'ere's sommat need killin', me rates 're reasonable!"

Shad says: I do not expect this is the only broken bone.
Bairix says: And the rest of us are free, and quite capable.

Aelflaed pulls off her gauntlets.

Adenydd mutters. "Damn near cheap, reallah."

Kalenedral peers around, searchingly.

Aelflaed says: Righ'. 'Lo Yva-lass.
Bairix says: Free is cheaper than cheap.
Yva says: The dog.

Yva starts to claw at the floorboards behind her. There's snapping noises as the nails break.

Beltar says: Yer feldog?
Adenydd says: Oh piss'n bollocks, girls gotta *eat*. Shite.

Aelflaed sits, grabs one of Yva's hands.

Aelflaed says: Stoppat.

Duugvilder applies more pressure to hold Yva in place, whispering all the while.

Yva says: The dog's gone to find her. She went th-through the gate. LORELI'S GATE.

Bairix rubs his face with his hand.

Pitchblàck says: .... the one she found in the 'Blight?
Threnn says: What gate is this?

Aelflaed scuttles sideways and takes Yva's hands, mending at least some of the busted fingernails.

Shad mutters a spell to slow thee bleeding and begin to mend the bone.

Yva whispers and ice starts to climb up Bricu's boot, growing thick. It spreads over his knee, and up to his thigh. She rocks a little.

Aelflaed says: Yva. Stoppat.

Bricu looks over Duug and Aely.

Duugvilder whispers to Yva, but "stop casting" can be heard.

Threnn says: Yva fucking Darrows. Stop.
Yva says: You can't hurt her.

Yva mutters this.

Bairix glances back. "I've said it twice, now. And this will be thrice. Gag her, so she can't do that."

Shad says: She could likely do it without needing to speak.
Aelflaed says: Could set her unconscious a bit?
Yva says: . . . they did nothing. The magic did nothing.
Shad says: That might help, lacking a priest to soothe her.
Beltar says: Hurt who? If yer talkin' about who I think yer talkin' about, I don't give a rat's arse 'bout hurtin' her 'cept as a waystop on t'seein' 'er dead.

Threnn nods at Aelflaed.

Bairix says: The amount of concentration required to accomplish such a feat is likely rather difficult, given her current state.

Aelflaed feels over arms, shoulders.

Kestil looks to Bairix.

Kestil says: I agree with this man. It's worth a shot.
Aelflaed says: Looks a'right there. Yva, ye up fir' a bit ay sip? Fair better'n if I clock ye upside th' head, lass.

Aelflaed rummages through her bags and comes up with a little blue vial.

Shad uses one of Duug's bandages to bind her leg.

Adenydd says: Oh fuck's sake...

Beltar looks at the window beside him, blinks blearily twice, rubs his face with his hand.

Adenydd spits on Boulderfist Mauler.

Beltar says: Fuck me, now I'm seein' things.

Adenydd rummages fer coin.

Yva slowly turns her head to look at Aely. "The runes on the gate. Have them changed so she can't LEAVE."

Duugvilder prepares a Counterpell.

Threnn peers at Beltar searchingly.

Wildlark eyes Beltar up and down.

Yva nods. Doing so makes her bleed.

Threnn says: 's wrong?

[3. exileic] Aelflaed: Sommat seen Loreli?

Wildlark peers out the window and blinks.

Aelflaed hands Yva the little vial.

Bricu says: Shad. The painful parts o'er y-yet?
Aelflaed says: Have a swig, it'll help.

Adenydd peers over the railing at all of the tentatively curious ogres.

Tarquin silently brings a finger up to his lips, sitting crouched against the crumbling masonry.

Yva says: Can't. No, I can't . . . YOU HAVE TO LISTEN TO ME.
Shad says: The absolute most painful part is, yes.

Wildlark stares for a second, then shrugs.

Aelflaed says: Aye - we need t' change th' runes oan th' gate.
Duugvilder says: Tell us, Lady Darrows.

Yva jerks her head and flinches.

Shad says: What gate?
Threnn says: We're listening.
Yva says: Loreli's gate. Wintergarde She gave Jak the map.

Wildlark eyes Bairix and baby. "Okay there?"

Aelflaed says: Tha's where Loreli came fra' th' other night, yeh?
Yva says: She's lich. Lichbound. Can't hurt her - kill her.

[3. exileic] Roullette: No' I. 'n hello, anyun' 'oo trusts me.
[3. exileic] Duugvilder: Hello Friend Roullette.

Yva winces and her eye ball swims in her head again.

Beltar says: Why not? I helped kill liches afore, plenty times.
Bairix says: ...well, to be perfectly honest...having one arm tied up with a baby renders me only a little over half as effective as I would be with two arms.

[3. exileic] Roullette: O-oh! Hi Duugy!

Bairix says: In the case of an ambush, I mean.
Yva says: Not done. Not finished. It's different.

Aelflaed feels gently over Yva's back and sides. Yep. Broken ribs.

[3. exileic] Duugvilder: We are at Stromgarde, in the Tower of Arathor. Yva saved another child but is harmed.

Yva roars and flops forward.

Wildlark shrugs and holds out her arms.

Aelflaed grabs.

[3. exileic] Roullette: Wh-wha? Sa'd a child?

Shad says: Oh Yva, please, no...

[3. exileic] Duugvilder: The child is saved. Yva is injured. We move on Maunt tonight.

Yva just sorta lies there in a big nasty puddle of bad. She is also out like a light.

[3. exileic] Bairix: ...well, that seems terribly presumptuous.

Shad says: Lay her down already.

Pitchblàck blinks at you.

Bricu says: Oh.

Bricu grinds his teeth.

[3. exileic] Roullette: Wha? Maunt? I seem t' b' outta th' loo', Reese 'asn't tol' me a thing.

Beltar says: Can we get 'er outta 'ere? Someplace better fer healin'?
Shad says: We should really get her stable first. Then, yes.

Tarquin grunts with effort, shifts the frame, and eventually pitches the entire ailing window-glass down into the courtyard. There's a distant crash as he scuttles through the empty frame.

Beltar nods at Shad.

Bricu says: G-g-g-get her ta the Refugee camp.

[3. exileic] Duugvilder: It has happened too quickly for Reese to know.

Shad startles.

Tarquin says: Guess we dinna need an ambush, then.

Threnn startles and winces.

Aelflaed says: 'lo Boss, glad ye made it up.
Tarquin says: She alive?
Beltar says: Huh. I weren't seein' things after all.
Aelflaed says: Aye, mostly.
Shad says: Yes.
Pitchblàck jumps and stares at the window.

Bricu says: B-B....
Threnn says: 'lo, Tarq.

Tarquin holds up a hand and nods tersely at Bricu.

Aelflaed says: Shad, she react funny t' Light magic?

[3. exileic] Roullette: Anythin' I c' do?
[3. exileic] Duugvilder: You may come, if you wish.

Yva 's prone form shimmers and seems to pulse. Then there are . . . many Yva's.

Aelflaed says: Ye kennat yet?
Shad says: Not...not that I know of?

Yva 's prone form shimmers and seems to pulse. Then there are . . . many Yva's.

Shad looks up.

Kestil says: What the hell. There's... copies of her.

[3. exileic] Roullette: Y' said Arathor?

Shad says: ..can she cast -while unconscious?-
Aelflaed says: Aye - magery trick.
Duugvilder says: Mirror Images.
Pitchblàck says: ..... don't suppose you'd mind teaching me that trick

The chorus of fake Yva's speak.

Yva says: Time is short. Get her phylactery, though it's in the hands of someone important in the ranks. Find it. Change the runes on the portal.

The images shatter like glass.

[3. exileic] Bairix: ...mmn.

Kalenedral blinks at Pitchblàck.

Tarquin says: Huh. Well thit wis handy. Aright. The Balthasar lad's go' a map, is it?
Beltar says: Phylacktawhatsis...aye, liches always got one'em, right?

Bricu nods at Tarquin.

Threnn says: Seems it.

Aelflaed channels Light through her hands into Yva.

Shad says: What else did you find, Aely?
Aelflaed says: Busted ribs, an'... Light magic. Hold off a sec, Shad, gonna try sommat.

[3. exileic] Roullette: Uhh... Reese says 'e 'as t' 'ear fr' someone 'igh up t' lemme go.
[3. exileic] Bairix: We're in a tower, now come along.

Shad nods.

Aelflaed channels a lot of light magic until she's shiny.

Shad watches. Then coughs.

Aelflaed floods Yva, and anything in the general vicinity, with healing Light.

[3. exileic] Threnn: Tell him he owes you a night off.
[3. exileic] Beltar: We're on 'bout th'sixth floor, 'at high 'nuff?
[3. exileic] Tarquin: Tell Reese I'll break his bloody nose fir him. How'sat?
[3. exileic] Duugvilder: That sounds authoritative enough for me.

Shad says: Ex...cuse me a moment.

Tarquin glances at the baby in Bairix's arms.

Yva is slowly knitting back together, but it's fairly clear this will take some time.

Tarquin says: ...Whitten, where the fuck did yeh get thit?
Bairix says: I stopped by an orphanage on the way here. Figured having two available arms made this evening's events entirely too easy.

[3. exileic] Roullette: Ah- tha-tha's quite o' bi' o' insistin'. Ple' d' 'urt Reese on m' accoun', 'e jus' knows I'been missin' alo' o' days la'ly. Sh' I g' m' gear?

Aelflaed says: Well, tha's helpful, 'least. She's muir stable.

[3. exileic] Pitchblàck: Yes
[3. exileic] Tarquin: I'll tend the bloody bar tonight. Aye, do.
[3. exileic] Roullette: Wh'? Yer comin' t' Stormwind?
[3. exileic] Duugvilder: Unless you plan to assault a Lich with your formidable charm, I'd say your gear is needed.

Threnn takes a vial from her belt pouch and passes it down to Duug.

Wildlark snickers at Bairix.

Tarquin stares deadpan at Bairix.

[3. exileic] Tarquin: Long story, lass.

Duugvilder takes the vial and examines it.

Threnn says: When she wakes up, tell her to drink it.
Bairix says: This would be the baby that Yva saved.
Threnn says: 's for pain.

[3. exileic] Roullette: Uh- uh, yessirs. Gear.

Aelflaed says: I dinna think she'll be keelin' over any time soon.
Bairix says: It seems arriving second has left me with the charge of babysitter for the night.
Shad says: She is stable, then?
Aelflaed says: We c'n prob'ly move her down out ay this ogre infested hole.
Aelflaed says: Aye.

Shad nods.

Beltar says: Am I bein' uncharitable, since our lady Maunt's involved, t'be damned suspicious 'bout 'at wee thing there?
Tarquin says: I'll take the bairn ta Stormwind.

Tarquin grimaces.

Aelflaed says: I canna outright fix it wi' Light magic, but she's na' bleedin' an' still unconscious.

Shad nods.

Duugvilder says: Are you suggesting, Threnn, that I should stay here while you undertake to assault Maunt?

Bairix nods and offers the baby to Tarq.

Shad says: Good. The farm is close, unless we prefer somewhere more secure.
Threnn says: No. Just if she wakes up in the next few minutes.

Tarquin tucks the squalling bundle carefully into the crook of one arm, murmuring something.

Tarquin says: Figures. Now I want a fuckin' smoke.

Aelflaed scoops Yva up carefully.

Aelflaed says: Farm, ye said Shad?
Duugvilder says: Tarquin, if you are going back to Stormwind, perhaps you can take Lady darrows.

Shad nods.

Threnn smiles at Tarquin.

Bricu pats his tobacco pouch.

Bairix says: The baby will be growing up in Stormwind, never too early for baby's first secondhand smoke.
Threnn says: Chew some almonds.

Tarquin puts his free hand on Threnn's shoulder.

Bairix scratches his chin.

Tarquin says: The farm'll work. Threnny, borrow yeh a wee tick?
Shad says: We shall take good care of her. Again.

Threnn peers at Tarquin searchingly.

Aelflaed says: 's go then. She c'n sleep there, we ken most ay wha' we need t' find.
Threnn says: All right.

Aelflaed walks carefully Yva is a big ragdoll in Aely's arms.

Bairix says: ...where are we going, then? With the crowd. It's like flowing down a river.

Tarquin watches the crowd scatter down.

Kalenedral's eyes shift back and forth suspiciously. She looks around.

Threnn says: Seems that's where she's fled. Something about a gate in Wintergarde.
Duugvilder says: Ogres. Filthy things.
Kalenedral says: Think that's all of 'em
Aelflaed says: Thank th Gods fir ramps.
Shad says: Indeed.
Duugvilder says: Friend Aelflaed...
Aelflaed says: Yeh, Duugy?

Duugvilder hands Aelfaed the vial that Threnn gave him.

Shad takes a small box out of his pack. He sets it on the ground, kicks it, and it turns into a motorcycle. Poof.

Aelflaed takes it, tucks it in her bags

Shad says: Here. I can take her in the sidecar.

Aelflaed nods, carefully shuffling Yva into the sidecar.

Bairix frowns.

Aelflaed tucks the vial of pain potion into Yva's belt

Kalenedral whistles. Myte trots up to her, whuffing.

Aelflaed says: I'll go wi' th' rest then, if ye think ye c'n manage?

Shad says: I think so. I shall call if things go awry.
Aelflaed says: A'right.

Shad hisses through his teeth and attempts to heal while driving.

Later, when people arrive at Wintergarde.

[3. exileic] Beltar: Aright. I'm at Wintergarde. Anythin' yer needin' me doin', t'help me stay awake?
[3. exileic] Pitchblàck: We had a bit of a mess with a doll, but we're coming. ... don't ask
[3. exileic] Beltar: This ain't th' fuckin' time t'be playin w'dolls!
[3. exileic] Kalenedral: *grunts*
[3. exileic] Pitchblàck: Tell that to Duug and Bairix!
[3. exileic] Duugvilder: Bairix. He enjoys dolls. I wish to destroy dress the damned thing.
[3. exileic] Beltar: Great. Th' whole lot of us 'r gone 'round th'bend. Aright. So's anythin' I can do while waitin on th' rest o'ya?
[3. exileic] Bairix: Mmmn. You stole my pack. That is not without consequences.
[3. exileic] Shad: Can you please focus, sir?
[3. exileic] Aelflaed: Two ay ye. stuff it. Ye c'n stab each other later.
[3. exileic] Kalenedral: You can have the bloody pack back when we catch up to you guys
3. exileic] Bairix: Now really, there is no need for that kind of language.

Duugvilder yells: Don't forget the pretty dresses!!!

[3. exileic] Beltar: Aw...where'd ever'body go?
[3. exileic] Threnn: Down to the mine, Belt. Come to us.

Arrens peers around, searchingly.

Jak pauses, nodding at the columns up again, a fiery veil stretching between them.

Roullette grips her axe tighter.

Jak says: That's her ward.
Arrens says: This...doesn't feel right...
Jak says: I'd be surprised if it did. Captain, by your permission, I have Yva's writings on the subject.
Jak says: For Duugvilder and Professor Caltrains.

Duugvilder is examining the runes.

Arrens peers at Jak searchingly.

Jak says: And any others who feel qualified, I suppose.

Jak glances up at Threnn.

Tiforis tilts his head, not looking impressed.

Jak hands them over to Arrens.

Duugvilder says: Hmmm...
Arrens says: May I see those instructions?

Arrens glances them over and mutters. "Runes. Wonderful." He hands the instructions back.

Duugvilder says: I suspect Lady Darrows has told us how to properly change them?
Jak says: You should be able to draw her out.
Arrens says: It would appear a counterspell will be required to block the first set of runes.
Duugvilder says: Easy enough...
Arrens says: There's also instructions for closing it off in the event of a retreat.

Duugvilder prepares to cast counterspell.

Jak takes up position behind the two casters, gripping his axe with gritted teeth.

Duugvilder says: Friend Arrens?
Arrens says: Shall we?
Duugvilder says: Oh yes...yes we shall.

Arrens kneels down.

Duugvilder kneels down and begins to chant...

Arrens pulls a small bag of dust from his sack and starts drawing runic symbols into the floor.

Pitchblàck crouches slightly, claws going in and out.

Jak says: This ought to draw her out, Captain.
Arrens says: [Demonic] Parn, Theramas.

Tiforis winces as his goggle powers down.

Jak opens his eyes.

Arrens says: [Demonic] Gular te amir re re alar.
Tiforis says: ....perfect.
Arrens says: [Eredun] Parn gulamir, Mishun Melar. Azgala romathis!

Tiforis pulls the now useless lens off and backpedals ever so slowly into the mass of people.

Pitchblàck 's eyes fix on a spot near the gate. Hackles go up.

Beltar says: Whatever yer gonna do, do it fast. This creakin' in m'mind don't stop, I'mma start firin' off rounds t'block th'noise.

Jak slowly and deliberately unbuckles his weapons belt, placing sword and axe carefully against the wall.

Arrens watches as the runes flicker and go dim. He redraws the same runic pattern.

Duugvilder sees the runes flicker and go dim. He starts applying the new ones.

Jak says: They're working. /It's/ working.

Arrens wipes the sweat from his brow.

Lorelli clenches her teeth, refusing to look over her shoulder.

Arrens says: There's...only several runes left...

Roullette gasps.

Arrens says: The...the portal's....open...

At this point the gate opens and an enormous lich walks through, shadows amassing. Everyone is stunned in place.

Jak sucks in a breath, closing his eyes against the surge of overwhelming terror.

Grendrak grunts against the fear.

Roullette swallows.

Beltar says: Well 'at sure as hell didn't work right, did it?
Jak says: What is dead, may never die. What is dead, may never die.
Ulthanon yells: [Darnassian] RINI NI SHAR THUS ANDU

The lich is destroyed in a timely manner, his shard left black on the ground.[

Jak says: Is everyone accounted for?
Magdalenia says: Oh yes. Quite.

Maggie steps through the portal looking gaunt and pale. She's little more than skin stretched over bone now, clearly dead.

Pitchblàck bares his teeth and -roars-.

Threnn peers around. "We're all--"

Jak whirls.

Kalenedral blinks at you.

Magdalenia toes at Thel'zan.

Magdalenia says: . . . pity. ter waste of good bones.

Tiforis drops one weapon to the ground, the hand brought up,covering the right side of his face.

Chelody blinks at you before squeaking and back pedalling.

Pitchblàck bares his teeth and snarls at you.

Jak snarls, deep in his throat, and launches himself at Maggie, gauntleted hands open.

Duugvilder prepares to cast...something....

Magdalenia just blinks impassively at Jak. There's a strange bubble around her.

Magdalenia says: Do stop. Really, you're embarrassing yourself.

Ulthanon raises his clawed hands into a fighting pose.

Pitchblàck is right on Jak's heels.

Bricu peers at Threnn searchingly.

Chelody nearly falls over Tuah.

Bricu grinds his teeth.

Jak slams into the sphere of force, hands making a sound like steel on stone.

Magdalenia 's eyes brighten.

Tiforis says: Jak, it's no use.

Pitchblàck stops short and swipes at the shield, paw bounces off.

Magdalenia sniffs the air.

Duugvilder casts Counterspell...nothing...

Tiforis sweats bullets for what may be the first time in years. "Can't you see them around her?"

Magdalenia says: Something smells like ash and smoke.

Pitchblàck glares angrily at you.

Magdalenia says: Here, Kitty Kitty.

Magdalenia glances over her shoulder.

Pitchblàck snarls, mouth wide and teeth bared, as he dodges... something.

Kalenedral walks over, and places a hand on Pitch's haunch.

Jak says: All I see is a corpse waiting to happen. You're /cornered/, bitch.

Ulthanon blinks at Spectre.

Jak paces a circle around her, hands opening and closing.

Magdalenia says: Lovely Blade Master Balthasar.
Beltar says: S' this here's th'famous Miz Maunt, issit?

Magdalenia eyes the gate.

Pitchblàck pins his ears and swipes at the air, snarling savagely.

Magdalenia says: I am indeed.

Magdalenia's eyes narrow for a moment.

Threnn says: In the flesh. As they say.
Beltar says: Y'know.

Duugvilder is studying the bubble, searching for a weakness...

Bricu's eyes dart between Magdalenia and Threnn.

Ulthanon seemingly forgets Maggie for a moment, and kneels before the newly-arrived cat.

Grendrak stomps a plant starting to grow. STOMP STOMP.

Beltar says: I seen yer boy die.
Kalenedral says: [Darnassian] Talah al Terro andu adoRe shar balah ash

Ulthanon kneels before Spectre.

Tiforis falls down to his knees trying to gather up his mace, it takes a few attempts.

Chelody eyes widen, thats the lady who made Mr. Bumples!

Magdalenia says: You'll see him live again before I'm through.

Wildlark eyes Pitch worriedly, nocking an arrow.

Jak stumbles a step in his pacing, wincing.

Roullette says: No' fer long.

Duugvilder is dragged towards a hallway...

Magdalenia grins as shadowed arms drag the gnome away.

Duugvilder yells: AAAAGH!!!
Beltar says: I was watchin', when Threnn finished 'im. Died better'n he deserved, honestly. Nice an' quick. Not much pain.

Chelody blinks at Duugvilder and gasps.

Lorelli runs after Dugg.

Roullette says: Y' can't pr'tect yerself 'n him ferever. Jus'-
Beltar says: But oh, lass, if y'd seen 'im right aforehand.
Roullette says: Duug!

Beltar grins at you wickedly.

Beltar says: Beggin'. Pleadin'.

Bricu peers at Beltar searchingly.

Roullette says: Ah! Th' fuck izzis!?

Roullette is pelted with rocks and flying debris.

Jak continues prowling around her, eyes fixed on the dead space barring him from revenge.

Tiforis reaches an arm out and grabs Ulth.

Beltar says: Whimperin' like a kicked puppy.

Roullette shields her face, seeming to be trying to dodge something.

Ulthanon looks back at Tiforis.

Beltar says: Pretty sure he shit 'imself afore th' blow came down. I was downwind. I smelled it.

Uthas arrives.

Bricu peers at Uthas searchingly.

Beltar says: Must be a shame t'know y'have a son what went out like 'at.
Ulthanon says: [Darnassian] Anu fandu eburi anu ethala no talah
Magdalenia says: Keep talking dwarf.
Beltar says: An'...shit!

Uthas nods slightly at Bricu, not turning his gaze from the witch.

Bricu says: W-w-who is that?

Duugvilder storms back in from his 'jaunt'.

Duugvilder yells: I'll kill you myself!!!
Pitchblàck says: [Darnassian] Andu su osa Belore aman'ni ishnu O man'ar osa ano alah al'shar DAth ri al ishnu

Bricu points at Uthas.

Threnn says: He's only telling it like it was.

Magdalenia stops and looks around. Her head tilts to the side and she smiles almost dreamily.

Pitchblàck snarls and lashes at the air again.

Roullette says: Sto' it damnit, fight m' you, you-

Bricu peers at Threnn searchingly.

Magdalenia holds her hand up and the amulet on Threnn RIPS from her and tears to Maggie's hand as if summoned.

Threnn 's left arm jerks forward as the amulet leaves it.

Magdalenia whispers to the amulet, rubbing her cheek against it and smiling at Threnn.

Tiforis uses Ulth as a brace to slowly pull himself back to his feet.

Beltar says: Wonder how much y'll beg afore same happens t'you.
Jak says: It's a necromantic ward, Professor. Bound souls. We can break it.
Arrens says: Indeed?
Ulthanon says: [Darnassian] Mush'al anu shar bandu do'rah dor'ano u'phol

Bricu peers at you searchingly.

Lorelli takes up a position behind, waiting.. for.. what...

Arrens says: Of course we can.

Kalenedral grits her teeth, tightening her grip on her sword.

Bricu grinds his teeth in pain

Beltar swings his polearm through the air behind him.

Roullette drops her axe, now only trying to shield her face.

Arrens taps the bubble with the tip of his finger.

Ulthanon 's eyes flicker up.

Magdalenia says: If you'd all like to continue being DIFFICULT. I shall return the favor. Reed, darling.
Arrens says: Interesting.

Magdalenia opens her hands up.

Wildlark blinks at you.

Threnn stands straighter, hand going to her sword.

You point at Threnn.

Magdalenia says: You. Kneel. KNEEL.

Threnn staggers and drops to the ground.

Chelody gasps.

Aelflaed says: Threnn!

Jak stumbles another step in his pacing, hands clapping to the sides of his ears.

Aelflaed lunges for Threnn.

Bricu eyes you up and down.

Ulthanon 's attention is drawn from the cat as Threnn falls.

Magdalenia says: Bleed.

Magdalenia smiles.

Bricu says: No.
Magdalenia says: . . . do keep reminding me of My Tommy's ruination.

Wildlark nocks an arrow, aiming at Magdalenia. Tuah snarls.

Bricu says: No...
Magdalenia says: BLEED. I SAID BLEED.

Threnn 's cheeks open, slashes cutting across them.

Duugvilder says: NO!!!
Magdalenia says: The next smart bloody word opens her throat.

Lorelli attempts to PUSH against the bubble.

Magdalenia says: WHO ELSE WANTS TO BE CLEVER.

Magdalenia roars this.

Bricu grinds his teeth.

Bricu glares angrily at you.

Arrens places both hands on the protective shield and mutters words in Eredun with his eyes closed.

Threnn looks up at Magdalena. It takes an effort to lift her head.

Aelflaed tries three or four kinds of shields on Threnn.

Tiforis turns to Threnn, unable to focus his eyes on anything but the ground.

Pitchblàck charges the bubble, crashes and falls back.

Duugvilder holds his hands out, feeling the magic, looking for any weak spot...

Jak presses gauntleted hands to his forehead, wwhispering an unheard mantra over and over.

Arrens says: [Eredun] Maz belan re belaros ante...

Roullette is shaking. Her face is red, with at least a few bruises there, and on her neck.

Pitchblàck shakes his head.

Arrens says: [Eredun] Maz rakkan re maez ante enkilzar.

Ulthanon 's eyes look to Maggie.

Magdalenia reaches down and cups Threnn's bleeding face. The barrier seems to shift.

Arrens says: [Eredun] Maz rakkan re ante ante. Maz rakkan re danashj ante.

Bricu eyes Threnn up and down.

Bricu peers at you searchingly.

Duugvilder is channelling a LOT of mana.

Magdalenia says: He wants to touch you, Threnn. He /likes/ you. Would you like to hear what he wants to do?
Ulthanon says: She will serve the master, in death / Exalted she will stand, always drawing breath.

Pitchblàck hunches his shoulders, hackles on end, and snarls.

Threnn speaks through gritted teeth.

Threnn says: Not... particularly.

Magdalenia jerks her head towards Ulthanon, her eyes narrowing.

Ulthanon eyes you up and down.

Magdalenia squeezes Threnn's cheeks with her gauntlets, the metal digging into the flesh of her face.

Ulthanon slowly turns to the cat. He kneels before Spectre.

Ulthanon says: Thank you.

Ulthanon 's head snaps to the others.

Bricu grinds his teeth in pain.

Ulthanon says: With me!

[/i]Magdalenia lifts her hand towards Ulthanon.

Threnn hisses out a breath.

Pitchblàck roars with bestial vigor at you. So fierce![/i]

Ulthanon says: We end this! No time to explain!
Threnn says: Leave him alone. Your problem's with me.

Bricu points at Grendrak.

Bricu says: Gren!

Magdalenia hauls off and smacks Threnn across the face.

Magdalenia says: Bitch.
Grendrak says: Yes!

Bricu says: Shackle the...

Bricu winces.

Threnn 's head jerks back.

Grendrak shackles Magdalena

Duugvilder taps Grendrak on the head and points to Ulthanon. "GO!!!"

Ulthanon yells: The Citadel! Take to the skies!

Magdalenia puts her hands up around her., pressing against the prison.

Jak raises his head, hands falling.

Magdalenia growls and snarls, turning around best she can.

Bricu says: It needs ta hold.
Bricu says: Oi.

Beltar blinks

Threnn scuttles backwards.

Magdalenia snarls at Bricu and tries to lunge.

Tiforis catches his breath.

Bricu says: Runes o'bindin', the Light.
Jak says: Captain, shall we follow Kaidos?

Grendrak holds out a hand channeling more energy into the binding

Aelflaed topples slightly.

Threnn says: We need a few to stay here.

Threnn pushes to her feet shakily and glances around, taking stock.

Roullette swallows.

Uthas says: I will stay.
Roullette says: I... I-I'll stay.

Threnn nods at Roullette.

Jak stares at Uthas blankly for a moment, comprehension crossing his face.

Magdalenia peers at Uthas, her eyes narrowing.

Threnn says: All right. You, Wildlark, Kal, Kestil.

Uthas reaches up and takes off his helmet, and smiles at Maggie.

Magdalenia says: . . . why you. You of all of them.

Magdalenia 's lip curls.

Bricu leans closer to Magdalenia

Bricu whispers: Whatever happens ta yeh next, I just want yeh ta know: I'll enjoy watchin' yer soul burn. An' if I have ta scour the Nether for Tommy, I'll make him weep fer yeh. Weep till the stars go black.

Roullette is shaking, but manages to reach down, and take her axe back up.

Magdalenia punches against her shackle over and over. It clangs and . . . does not give.

Aelflaed says: Threnn, Bricu?

Threnn nods, watching Magdalena.

The paladins begin feeding holy magic into Grendrak's shackle.

Magdalenia 's shackle goes brighter, stronger, fed by the holy magic and she screeches.

Grendrak says: See how you like being held in place.
Aelflaed says: I'm headed up.

Threnn feeds some of her own magic into the shackle.

Aelflaed says: 'less ye think I c'n help here?

Grendrak shakes his head slowly

Uthas says: Go child. This one shall not leave this place.
Grendrak says: Go help, get her phylactary

Roullette grips the axe tight.

Magdalenia eyes Uthas again.

Aelflaed nods.

Threnn nods at Aelflaed.

Threnn says: Come with us. Keep them up if I can't, yeah?

Magdalenia stares at Bricu.

Aelflaed snorts at Uhas.

Uthas pulls free his axe and plants it in the ground in front of him. A circle of frost creeps across the ground, surrounding the invisible shield.

Threnn smiles at Uthas.

Grendrak feeds a last chucnk of energy into the shackle and runs out.

Magdalenia peers around. Everyone has left save for three people.

Roullette looks pained, but ready to give it her all.

Kalenedral glances quickly at Uthas, slightly awed.

Magdalenia says: Why?

Magdalenia stares.

Uthas says: I owe him . . . all of them. Everything.
Magdalenia says: But why?
Uthas says: Reasons that you have long forgotten, and I have only recently recalled.
Magdalenia says: They killed my son. Took everything from me.

Magdalenia slams against the shackle. It goes nowhere.

Roullette looks to Uthas.

Roullette says: Y' know this 'un?
Uthas says: You gave everything you were graced with a long time gone.

Uthas nods at Roullette.

Roullette swallows.

Uthas says: I know those like her.
Magdalenia says: Those like me. You know nothing. Nothing of what they did to me.

Magdalenia eyes Roullette.

Kalenedral says: My sister...

You stare Kalenedral down.

Kalenedral says: She was taken from me, then returned as a Death Knight. She hasn't been the same since. Don't try to tell me about loss.
Magdalenia says: You say this like I should care. I became this willingly. She should embrace her new life and all of its /luxuries/.

Kalenedral scoffs at you.

Magdalenia smirks coldly.

Magdalenia says: Did you weep then? When you thought her gone?
Kalenedral says: ...I did

Uthas glances at Kalendral.

Uthas says: Do not let her goad you.
Magdalenia says: Did you curl into a little ball and sob yourself to sleep?
Uthas says: There is nothing but madness left in her.
Kalenedral says: And again, when I saw what had been done to her
Roullette says: There was ne'er anythin' b' madness in 'er.
Uthas says: No.
Kalenedral says: No, I did not....
Magdalenia says: Do you weep now knowing at any time Arthas may reach out his hand and rip her mind from her and make her kneel?
Uthas says: Once she was like you. Any can become as she has.
Magdalenia says: Do not speak as if you know me, Wordweaver.
Uthas says: Take heed from it, and make wise choices so that you don't walk the same road.

Magdalenia spits.

Uthas says: Don't I?
Roullette says: Don't you dare spi' after speakin' t' 'im, you bitch.

Uthas holds up a hand as Roullette approaches.

Uthas says: Stay back. She wants you to come within her reach.
Magdalenia says: Or you'll what? Go back to your bar and live your little life. Get your ass pinched by a soldier or twelve? Have a few sweaty fumblings in the alleys and tell yourself you're not alone?

You smile at Roullette.

Kalenedral simply looks at Magdalenia calmly. And perhaps with some pity.

Roullette gawps.

Roullette says: Shut yer mouth!
Roullette says: Shut it!
Magdalenia says: Maybe when your thighs are sticky you can convince yourself that you won't die a lonely old hag who wasted her life taking tips.
Roullette says: I'll feckin' tear yer jaw off 'n stuff it up yer flea bitten hide!
Uthas says: Back up girl.

Roullette tries to push Uthas out of the way, but just has no strength left.

Kalenedral carefully puts a hand on Roullette's arm.

Kalenedral says: Easy.... She's not worth the effort
Magdalenia says: Don't worry, dear girl. One of them will get a child on you sooner or later. Then it's two mouths. Whoring will make you much more coin.
Roullette says: I...

Roullette shakes.

Roullette says: Uthas. Move.
Uthas says: No.

Magdalenia turns and winks at Roullette over his shoulder.

Uthas looks over at Kalenedral.

Magdalenia says: You'll look lovely carrying.
Uthas says: Take her out of here.
Roullette says: Don't you fuckin' touch me. Don't you fucking dare.

Kalenedral nods.

Roullette swings the axe down.

Magdalenia says: It's just one more pair of hands on you. Really, what will it matter.
Kalenedral says: Roullette
Magdalenia says: There will be so many more!

Uthas looks at Roullette.

Roullette says: Fine. But if she dies without m' grandfather's legacy inner neck, you'll 'ave a scar t' remember th' mistake.

Kalenedral gently squeezes Roullette's arm.

Kalenedral says: C'mon

Roullette shakes off Kalenedral.

Uthas says: If she dies without that scar, I promise you I will allow you to strike me with your axe.
Roullette says: 'm no' goin' n'where.

Roullette looks away, swallowing once more.

Kalenedral sighs at Roullette.

Magdalenia says: Don't worry. Sailors won't mind how loose you are. They're not picky. Of course, you can't be picky about their /smell/ either.

Uthas sighs.

Roullette takes a deep breath.

Kalenedral says: Just don't listen to her

Magdalenia smiles and leans against her prison.

Roullette says: Jus' t' let you know, you whore, I only ever 'ad one.
Roullette says: 'n 'e was th' nicest boy there e'er was.
Magdalenia says: Had?
Roullette says: S' shut it.
Magdalenia says: Oh. He's worm meat now I take it. They probably ate his eyes out first.
Roullette says: Hardly.
Roullette says: Jus' no' th' same.

Kalenedral glares angrily at you.

Uthas sighs again and looks sad.

Uthas says: I'm sorry.

Magdalenia shrugs. Her mouth moves as she murmurs, eyeing the gate behind them.

Roullette says: Will tha' shackle hold?
Uthas says: It may. She will not escape.
Magdalenia says: Did you ever have children, Wordweaver? Did you ever lose them? Know that emptiness? There's nothing like it.

Roullette unsheathes her axe, before throwing it into the dirt.

Magdalenia says: It's all consuming.
Uthas says: I killed my only child and wife.
Uthas says: I burned them and watched them die.

Roullette winces.

Kalenedral hesitantly reaches to pat Roullette's shoulder comfortingly.

Uthas says: You talk of suffering, but what you know is only selfishness and madness.
Magdalenia says: My boy was taken from me. He was all I ever wanted. They TOOK him. From me.
Uthas says: I am sorry for your loss.

Kalenedral eyes Wildlark up and down.

Uthas says: Both for your son and yourself.

Magdalenia slaps at the shackle again.

Roullette turns to Magdalenia.

Kalenedral says: Lark

Magdalenia says: For it they had to suffer. You must SEE this.
Kalenedral says: Just... don't listen, if she starts spouting off at you
Roullette says: /Who/?
Magdalenia says: THOSE FUCKING PALADINS.

Magdalenia roars this and kicks at the shackle.

Roullette furrows her brow.

Roullette says: How'd they do anythin' t'yer boy?
Magdalenia says: They murdered my son and I'm expected to sit back and allow it.
Roullette says: Why?
Magdalenia says: If I understood that, so much would have been spared, don't you think?

Magdalenia spits this.

Roullette swallows, and looks to Uthas, as if he should know.

Magdalenia slumps against the side of her shackle and peers up. Her face goes oddly blank.

[3. exileic] Shad: ...Herbal question. Off the top of someone's head, best non-topical clotting agent?
[3. exileic] Aelflaed: Bruiseweed
[3. exileic] Shad: Taken orally?
[3. exileic] Aelflaed: infusion, yes, and strong
[3. exileic] Shad: Perfect, thank you.

Uthas looks at Roullette.

Magdalenia says: What. I am a lot of things, but I am not a liar. They killed my son.
Uthas says: She has lost her mind in her grief.

Roullette furrows her brow.

Magdalenia shakes her head and sighs.

Uthas says: All she knows is pain and the desire to inflict it upon others.
Magdalenia says: It is so simple when you say it that way.
Uthas says: The truth is often far more simple that we wish it to be.

Roullette gulps.

Roullette says: Then... why?

Magdalenia goes too still - corpse still - and closes her eyes. She just stands there looking like a pale, rotting statue.

Magdalenia says: Are there any ends? Real ends any longer?

Magdalenia cracks her eyes open to peer at Uthas searchingly.

Uthas says: No. Not until we meet whatever final rest we may face.
Magdalenia says: Will you ever die?

Roullette looks back to Uthas.

Magdalenia pulls her gauntlets off.

Uthas says: I do not know. That may be my punishment for what I have done.
Magdalenia says: To see everything die around you and be everlasting.

Magdalenia looks at her rotten hands.

Uthas says: Yes.
Kalenedral says: .... It's not an unknown concept for elves

Roullette swallows.

Magdalenia glances up. "I feel nothing."

Uthas says: Sleep will come soon.
Uthas says: Do you believe in the Light?
Magdalenia says: One has to if one believes in the Shadow.
Uthas says: The Light welcomes home all who ask before the end.
Magdalenia says: . . . how do you know?
Uthas says: I have been beyond and back, to know what is forever denied to me.

Roullette takes Uthas' arm, lightly.

Uthas 's armor is so cold that it burns to the touch.

Roullette holds as long as she can, before letting go.

Magdalenia says: My son doesn't rest.
Magdalenia says: He's not at /his end/. He waits through the veil.
Uthas says: Your anger and struggle keep him here. When you sleep, he will pass on.

Magdalenia thinks on this and goes still again. Her face expressionless, eyes practically glazing over.

Uthas says: It comes soon.
Magdalenia says: I know.
Uthas says: Would you pray once more to the Light, for yourself and your son?

Magdalenia looks up again.

Magdalenia says: . . . for him yes. But not for me.
Uthas says: Kneel.

Magdalenia grits her teeth and kneels.

Uthas raises his hand.

Magdalenia says: I don't know how to start.
Uthas says: I will help you.
Last edited by Yva on Wed Oct 16, 2013 4:59 pm, edited 2 times in total.