Boomstick Job: Saving Shadowmoon

Post your RP stories/character descriptions/other cool stuff here!

Moderator: Guild Officer

Mugrir

Boomstick Job: Saving Shadowmoon

Post by Mugrir »

*A large spread of parchment now takes over a good section of the boomstick pub wall, the words written carefully (yet still sloppily) in big print across it*

Call for Aid from Outland, Wildhammer Dwarves.

Boomstick Gang entering contract with Wildhammer Hold in Shadowmoon Valley for supply train and support. Hold has lost multiple patrols, gryphon riders. Buzzbox towers down across region, fear of legion or other force moving into old ruins, "Black Temple".

Still planning, requesting aid on management, volunteers for support, gathering supplies. Expedition to be mounted hopefully after Northrend threats are calmed and lessened. Wildfire Riders already contracted for aid, with some help expected from outside guilds. Boomstick support has already been promised to Wildhammers. Contact Mugrir for more information or promises of aid.

-Mugrir

*Underneath the banner to the left is copied reports of lost gryphon rider patrols, sightings of demonic activity in the Black Temple, as well as a small map of Shadowmoon Valley, with black X's in several places, where large battles or patrols were lost. To the right, is blank parchment for responses to be written on*

((Alright, should explain this a little more! I apologize for not doing so sooner - real life decided to attack a mixture of jobs and electronic failures, but with most of my writing for the semester peaking soon, I'll be around to devote time to this in game.

The Shadowmoon Valley Event is going to be a cross-guild, long-term RP, set to take place after the Lich King 'dies', and before Cataclysm, is trying to be built as A - a fun time and B - a way to sort of wrap up the old problems of Azeroth (and individual character RPs, if people wish!) before all hell literally breaks loose. I'm sorry I don't have a set date yet, as its hinging on the next content patch to come out before the ball starts rolling in character. Its going to be more than just a day trip, as its going to be set in quite a few stages, from the preparation of the troops and supplies, to the caravan trip out there, to the patrols and events, and then the final bits.

Some things to expect:

-Multiple RP events, from supply running to searching for lost patrols across Outland
-In character RP raids, as Boomsticks-and-friends try to stop the demonic threat from resurfacing
-Lots of chances to slot personal character RP
-Chances to introduce alts! Have them sign up for the war cause!

Just wanted to put more of that out in the open. Also, if anyone has a particular idea for an RP event, or wants to plan out a little plot twist, or volunteer to help coordinate this, let me know in Private mail or just comment here. It would be awesome to put together another long running event like Homrend's Death, or the assault on the Dark Portal right before Burning Crusade came out.

This has been crossposted from www.boomstickgang.com))
Bricu

Re: Boomstick Job: Saving Shadowmoon

Post by Bricu »

A carefully written note, hanging up in the Kitchen of hte Pig and Whistle:

"We have a job offer from Mugs. Head to the Boomsticks Tavern for details, come here to sign up. So you know, our forms of payment are particularly brilliant."
--BB
I drink to keep you pretty
--
Mugrir

Post by Mugrir »

((Hey all - a quick OOC explanation of the event and things

Lorewise: Mugrir keeps eyes out for situations that are going bad. When the Wildhammers, known for being a stoic, 'ye call that an attack?' sort of folk sent out two reports in a row of problems brewing back to Shattrath, it was something to follow up on. By the end of February, he had put together enough information to call it a real crisis - over three downed gryphon patrols, with two having vanished entirely. Communications had been failing, and caravans of supplies were being attacked frequently and brazenly. He started to spread word that as soon as they knew the Northrend fronts had some respite, that a few good friends and soldiers could clear things away some. Now, at the start of May, reports have stopped coming altogether. At the last one, the Wildhammers said they were sealing their gates to wait it out, abandoning forays to the sudden resurgence of demons. Buzzbox towers have failed altogether in Shadowmoon, and there was reports that others across Draenor were being attacked. Several refugees from Shattrath mentioned hearing laughter and thunder on foggy nights, heading east, to the old ruins where once a corrupted elf took his final stand.

Mugrir is calling in old friends, favors, and whoever he knows to go help out those guarding the doorway between the demons and Azeroth. He hopes that if or when Arthas is finally killed by the advancing Crusaders, he can organize the best support and supplies to head out to Shadowmoon, find out what has happened to the Wildhammers, and crack some skulls.

Metagame Wise: Who doesn't love RP? Also...

-A month long RP event with lots of chances for small (and large) in character events.
-Cross-Guild RP, with characters interacting with hopefully lots of new others
-A great way to see some old BC stuff not everyone got to go through
-Have a blast

So!

The Plan

As soon as the next content patch hits (which is when most people are considering Arthas to be dead), Mugrir and others dedicated to the Wildhammer's cause will start to raise hell as a chance to get out there and do some good. Unfortunately, since there is almost no intelligence on the situation, as well as no communication, the expedition has make sure its prepared, lest it get laughed at by winged demon-elves. So, about a week or so after this patch hits, here is the approximate schedule, not exact in any way.

Week One: Preperation. Meaning gathering supplies, creating weapons, armaments, Buzzbox towers, the whole bit. Getting all that set up in Nethergarde Keep.
Week Two: Caravan. Moving a boatload of cargo that is incredibly valuable is a tricky damn task. Especially when the demons get involved. There will be a day by day process where the supplies are brought, carefully as damn possible, through the dark portal, through the demonic blockade, through the peninsula, the forest, and finally, Shadowmoon. During that, scouts will be trying to figure out the situation, and the big event here will be the breaking of the siege on the Wildhammers.
Week Three: Pushing back the tides. Demons are damn everywhere. Its obvious that something has gone down, but hopefully its early enough to stop it. Patrols and RP events based around figuring out what exactly happened here will be the focus, as well as rebuilding infrastructure and protecting supply trains to the regions. People will figure out what the problems are, which leads to...
Week Four: Taking their heads! RP raids on everything, as well as any climactic RP events that people have roused up to happen. There might be some Netherstorm and Serpentshrine raiding, ending with a massive attack on the Black Temple... and, if so willing, maybe time to smack around the Sunwell. Granted, these aren't -the- greats, just some large ass demons that have taken over in their absence, but they still need to die.

That's the event, in a very basic nutshell. I am always, always looking for comments, critique, and new ideas to make this more awesome, and add more elements. Does your character have a personal stake in this somehow? Let me know and we can work it in. Have a great idea for a twist? Shoot me a PM. Want to help plan out some of the events like the Caravan run? I would buy you a bubble tea in NYC (You know, if you were in town). Have an extra few 'minion' characters we can use as props/redshirts? Awesome.

I hope this is something that A - you guys might like to do, and B - want to get involved in. Be a great way to say goodbye to the old problems of Azeroth with a bang, and have all our characters finally have happy endings with. That is, until Deathwing crushes our hopes forever.

Last note: this has been crossposted to Boomstick and Rose forums. If you know other RPers not covered by these groups, let them know if they are interested, the more the merrier!))
Bricu

Post by Bricu »

(I'm down)
I drink to keep you pretty
--
Tiforis

Post by Tiforis »

(Does this storyline include Ethel kissing Tif and not Mugrir?)
I'm all man and all machine, a little sicko, little mean
I rock your brains out and you're sure to be damned
I lick your little finger then chew up your hand
for that's who I am: The Biomechanic man.
Mugrir

Post by Mugrir »

(This storyline does not involve Tif kissing anyone! Or Ethel. NO KISSING.)
Tiforis

Post by Tiforis »

Mugrir wrote:(This storyline does not involve Tif kissing anyone! Or Ethel. NO KISSING.)

(Not interested.)
I'm all man and all machine, a little sicko, little mean
I rock your brains out and you're sure to be damned
I lick your little finger then chew up your hand
for that's who I am: The Biomechanic man.
Mugrir

Post by Mugrir »

((Just an OOC note, today is patch day, and so many people are ending their RP based around Icecrown rather soon, the threat to the North abating. So! I'm going to assume that this next pub will involve a LOT of drinking and relaxing, and then the next, June 30th, Mugrir is going to be holding a rally for the Shadowmoon Valley trip, hence the kick off event. The next week, the 7th, will then be the meeting in Nethergarde, and journeying through the Dark Portal on the weeklong trip to Shadowmoon Valley. That NEXT Weds night will be breaking the last distance into the keep (14th), and we keep going from there. Remember this is a month long event, so if you can't make it one night, don't despair, there will always be more. Weds will be the big RP nights where I'm assuming most people will be on and up for it, but during that month, every night I will put aside any in game 'stuff' for this RP, as Mugrir will be entirely immersed in his work.

I hope others are looking forward to this, and again, if anyone wants to play a specific roll (sneaking in a character death, their own plot tie in, helping with certain parts like the caravan week) let me know! The more the merrier.))
Mugrir

Post by Mugrir »

*The new parchment simply says 'Shadowmoon' at the top, written in black ink lined with something glowy so it stands out. Underneath...*

All Supplies for relief Caravan must be moved to Nethergarde keep before Tuesday, July 6th. We currently need engineering supplies, gemstones, bandages, gryphons, cannon, bars of metal, food, spare arms, rifles, gunpowder, and beer. For engineering needs, talk to Homrend. Need supplies for Buzzbox towers and arcane explosives.

Friday, July 2nd at 6:30 PM, There will be a supply effort in Stranglethorn. Meet at Refuge camp, bring weapons. Meet at Nethergarde keep with found efforts.

Tuesday, July 6th 6:00 PM, meet at Nethergarde keep for the beginning of the journey. Caravan must break through Legion lines and make it to Honor Hold before resting.

Note - once embarked on journey, most Boomstick efforts will be committed to safety of Wildhammer keep. People who sign up for this effort should expect fierce resistance and danger. Only expected pay is looting rights. Be prepared for anything.

((So! Some OOC notes, and an apology for not updating this sooner!

The schedule for next week is up as noted above. As a basic count, each week there will be two 'big' RP nights, the major one on Tuesday or Weds night, and then a smaller one that will still have a good bit of plot going on and larger events, during Friday or Thursday night. RP will be happening throughout the entire month, as people look for supplies, hunt for specific demons, or scout ahead for danger. Again, everyone that wants to come along to these events, please do! The event is set to go from last night, June 30th, to the last week in July, probably the 30th or 31st for the last raid on a BC boss.

Suggestions on things to do in Outland? Want to incorporate a story arc for your character? Want someone kidnapped or in danger? Damsels in Distress? Drama? Now is the time! Send me a whisper with any questions, and I hope this will be fun for everyone.))
Mugrir

Post by Mugrir »

((Post Outland Breaching Update!

First, thank you to everyone that made it a rousing success, with it really feeling like something that was epic and important. The handling of the equipment, the layout of the bombs... taking down two or so Pit Lords, all of it. It was great fun to say the least!

Don't worry if you missed it or other things came up, there is a lot more RP on the way. Boomstick Pub is still going on, it just will be going on in Honor Hold instead, while supplies are gathered and the situation is assessed. After that, a dedicated Scouting mission on Friday (6:30 PM server) will have us moving part of the caravan as well as some things might not go according to plan, and with some RP of moving the supplies going on another day before the final push NEXT Weds, starting at around 6 server time.

Suggestions, comments? Please let me know, and any that can be worked in will be!))