Mugrir's Bad Weekend (Choose your Own Adventure!)

Post your RP stories/character descriptions/other cool stuff here!

Moderator: Guild Officer

Mugrir

Mugrir's Bad Weekend (Choose your Own Adventure!)

Postby Mugrir » Wed Jun 09, 2010 1:25 pm

Mugrir Choose your Own Adventure #1!
Or, also known as "Mugrir's Bad Weekend"

((This has been a LONG time wishful project in the works, and after the wonderful hacking that happened to me, I got down to putting together an excuse as to why he suddenly disappeared, as well as showing up without shoes in Stormwind half a week later. So... I'm sitting here with a messy flowchart of choices, seeing how this turns out.

This is an interactive story, where the reader(s) have some small say into how horrific his unexpected break from Northrend was - Mugrir always curses about how goblins are terrible but he is always vague on the details. Well, this is a chance to fill some of those in. The way it works is that after this story goes up on the Boomstick and Wildfire Forums, you can comment on it as you like, as well as choosing one of the choices given at the end. After a certainly point in time, I'll tally up the votes, and put down the next segment of the script. I have at least 5 different 'choice times' happening, and on some branches, it goes on longer. So, for the sake of Mugrir's backstory, try to get him out of the goblin's clutches as safely as possible! Or attempt for him to get out of there in the most unheroic way possible - it's your choice that counts now! Hope this is fun!))

It was a hot and sweaty day on the shores of Stranglethorn, much like it was every other day. Heat shimmers hung lazily off the wooden docks, as the sounds of a busy harbor rang out across the waters of the bay. The sun beat down on bronzed dwarven skin as Mugrir finally emerged from one of the hole-in-the-wall stores.

"Bloody bird better like these... makin' me come all th' way down 'ere..." The dwarf's hands heaved a large bag each, the very tops exposed by the glittering scaled bodies of fish. With practiced maneuvering, he walked nearly sightlessly to the end of the dock, grunting and mumbling the entire time. For all the trouble of getting down to these docks, and picking up a food he himself didn't like... the positives did outweigh the negatives. After all, Gryndi had saved his life on more than one occasion, not to mention give him some company up traveling the world. And of course, there was the fact that it wasn't Icecrown. A day out of Icecrown was nice.

"You! Dwarf-man!"

"Nrn?" Mugrir grunted, and looked over around the massive brown bag of fish in his left arm. Staring back as a stringy, rather well dressed goblin, waving at him.

"You look tired, friend! Long day on the docks?"

The boomstick narrowed his gaze lightly. "Goin' back te Northrend, tryin' te save yer sorry arses." Never a fan of goblins to begin with, Mugrir sighed, waiting for the inevitable sales pitch. With goblins, it always was about money, not honor or other more interesting notions. He took another step forward.

"In that case, you should get our special price on the brew I have here!" The goblin's smile has black in some places, also a crusty yellow.

Mugrir stopped walking. "Ale?"

"Three silver and five copper, and I'll give you a flagon for the road! Friend, I promise you that here in Booty Bay, you will not find a better pr-" The goblin was cut off by a loud thumping noise, as the dwarf had stomped up the rickety nailed-together stand he had set up, slamming down the cash. The goblin didn't miss a beat, and turned to the open cask on the ground next to him - grabbing a wooden tankard and dropping it into the nearly black brew.

Runehammer waited impatiently, and turned away with the frothing drink to grab his bags, ignoring the grinning-idiot greenskin. Putting the ale to his lips, he swallowed a few gulps quickly, smacking it down with his lips and tongue. If anything, something to drink while waiting for the damned boat was worth the change he had in his pockets. A minute or two later, the dwarf dropped his bags again, now at the end of the blisteringly hot dock, and ran calloused fingers through his hair, pulling it back away from his face. Picking up the tankard, he drank deeply of... whatever it was, it was damn strong. Perhaps a bit like... Dark... Iron... Lager...

Mugrir blinked his eyes open with a pounding headache at the back of his head. First, the astute dwarf that he was, he realized that it was dark and cool, instead of hot and blistering. There didn't seem to be any stars in the sky either. Groaning, he sat up, and his forehead slammed into something hard and wooden. Cursing loudly as his head swam again, Mugrir quickly realized another interesting point - that bars of iron were all around him, carefully placed. A cage, the word came to the addled Runehammer finally, one that he could barely sit comfortably in. Rubbing his head, still trying to piece together what exactly had transpired, he realized that some dim torchlight did allow him to see faintly in whatever large room he was in, filled with boxes and...

Something caught his eye. He looked down to his body, squinting while trying to remember what two plus two actually looked like. Something was wrong... his tabard, it was skin colored now. And unadorned... hell, his makeshift armor felt like it wasn't even there, light and - reality slapped Mugrir across the face suddenly, finally clueing him in to the fact that the cold breeze he felt across his body was due to him being stark naked.
"Well... shite."

((Should Mugrir...

A - Wait calmly, and attempt to access what exactly is going on?
B - Rattle the cage, try to break out immediately, and raise some hell?

Choices should be in by Saturday at Noon, Eastern Standard Time!))

uthas

Re: Mugrir's Bad Weekend (Choose your Own Adventure!)

Postby uthas » Wed Jun 09, 2010 1:28 pm

B
A rhombus is the kind of rectangle a bitch would draw.

Itanya_blade

Postby Itanya_blade » Wed Jun 09, 2010 2:18 pm

B

Shaurria

Postby Shaurria » Wed Jun 09, 2010 3:47 pm

B
Will you carry me down the aisle that final day
With your tears and cold hands shaking from the weight
When you lower me down beneath that sky of gray
Let the rain fall down and wash away your pain

Narokor

Postby Narokor » Wed Jun 09, 2010 3:59 pm

B
You didn't ever make metal, buddy.
Metal made you.

Takani

Postby Takani » Fri Jun 11, 2010 5:25 pm

B
Laser-Tak, Laser-Tak! Does whatever a laser does!
<3 Fallah

Kyraine

Postby Kyraine » Fri Jun 11, 2010 11:13 pm

B
░░░░░░███████ ]▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▃
▂▄▅█████████▅▄▃▂
I███████████████████].
◥⊙▲⊙▲⊙▲⊙▲⊙▲⊙▲⊙◤...

Mugrir

Postby Mugrir » Mon Jun 14, 2010 12:13 pm

((With a stunning 9 to 0 vote for 'B', here is the next part! Hopefully, as this goes on, it won't be as simple to figure out which choice is good idea/bad idea!))

Part Two: Unhappy Wake-Up Call

Thick, calloused fingers wormed through the bars of the cage, grabbing the iron rods tight before yanking. Muscles coiled and sprang before Mugrir swore, grabbing at his head. It was still swimming in what felt like at least 150 proof rum, not helping the task at hand. There wasn't time to worry about that, however - he was, after all, in a damned cage. He shut his eyes tight, trying to find the song of Khaz'Goroth that had been eluding him for so long. To punch his way out would take a miracle, but he had been in worse spots. Perhaps not naked... but he had been in worse.

Come on, Come on... His head still swam from whatever drugs had been in the drink, the lights of his runed tattoos sputtering and lighting off and on erratically. The song he meditated on kept eluding him, slipping away - exhaustion was a terrible thing, especially paired with gifts that had been gone unused for too long. Gritting his teeth, he brought his thoughts back to sitting down on smooth stone outside Thelsamar, his one mentor brushing fingertips over the granite.

"Close your eyes... hear the stone. It talks, Mugrir." Her lips rolled in the old dwarven tongue, the cadence a beauty lost and overlooked in a world filled with only common speech.

"It... talks?" He had answered in reply, his own accent broken and unfinished.

"Most forget... all forget, but the rock, it sings." Piercing stares shot from her eyes, taking his anxiety and pinning it to the ground where any one might see it. "Runehammer, you have once been stone, your body having felt its true embrace. Can you truly not feel it under where you sit?"

A loud clanging noise interrupted Mugrir's trip down memory lane, light flooding the dark chamber, silhouetting a short, angry figure, holding something large and ungainly. He sneering, covering his eyes before trying to rattle his cage again.

"Hey! One's awake!" Footsteps, and a lantern moved closer to where he sat. A few grunting noises, some climbing, and suddenly small, yellow beady eyes stared at him from the other side of the cage. "Its the special cargo too."

"Why ye little feckin'..." Mugrir shook the bars again, eyes flaring in anger at the cocky goblin only inches from his fists. "I'm goin' te git out o' this, an' bloody toss ye off a cliff, ye 'ear me?!"

The goblin cackled, and brandished in two hands a cumbersome looking stave. The gears and metal bits at the end whirred to life as he tapped something on the side, starting to make a buzzing sound. "Sorry friend, I don't like your attitude. And don't worry, once we finish taking you where we are, I'll never worry about seeing you again!"

Mugrir swore again and banged at the ceiling and bars, headache be damned. He didn't like whatever that was, and he sure as hell didn't want to find out. Rage filled him, redoubling his efforts - in the light, he did see he was on top of some sort of pile. Maybe if he shifted his weight, he could fall down, breaking the cage open... and breaking the goblin in the process. He heaved back once, twice... The dwarf paused - a low, thrumming hum moved inside his ear. The song! His brown and amber tattoo along his shoulder flared with faint energy, and he did his best to hide his excitement. He brought his hands behind his back, rubbing two tips together, feeling as the callouses hardened, the surfaces grating against each other like metals and gems. Maybe if he diverted the goblin's attention, for just a little longer...

((Should Mugrir...

A - Try and start a fight with the goblin?

B - Try to distract the goblin long enough to gain the advantage?

Answers should be in by Weds at 5 PM Server!))

Itanya_blade

Postby Itanya_blade » Mon Jun 14, 2010 12:43 pm

B

Shaurria

Postby Shaurria » Mon Jun 14, 2010 1:48 pm

B
Will you carry me down the aisle that final day
With your tears and cold hands shaking from the weight
When you lower me down beneath that sky of gray
Let the rain fall down and wash away your pain

Return to “Roleplay”