Silver Feather Q&A

Post your RP stories/character descriptions/other cool stuff here!

Moderator: Guild Officer

Chrystenise

Silver Feather Q&A

Postby Chrystenise » Wed Apr 07, 2010 7:06 pm

I was approached last night about information regarding the Silver Feather - Genise's upper-class social club she's started in Stormwind, which is really her thinly-veiled attempt to get in with Stormwind Nobility.

About a year or so ago, I promised a write up detailing how the Feather works, and I never really got around to it as I fell into the process of becoming a hermit, as well as not caring to play the Genise character much. Sadly, my imagination isn't at it's usual peak or motivation lately, so I'm not so sure I could squeeze things into a full write up without missing too much.

So this thread will be for people to ask whatever questions they want about the Silver Feather, employees, Genise, ect that are involved in it all. Hopefully this will help me more with my write up. So ask away! (Please? =P )

A little information:

-The Feather is NOT a brothel, though it may certainly look like one.
-The Secret Shop is a part of the Feather, and certainly adds to the brothel rumors.

Ok, ask away! =P

Tarq

Re: Silver Feather Q&A

Postby Tarq » Wed Apr 07, 2010 7:19 pm

Is Tarquin still banned from using the front entrance?
Now hang me by this golden noose
'Cause I never been nothin' but your golden goose
Silver tongue don't fail me now
And I'll make my way back to you somehow

Shaila

Postby Shaila » Wed Apr 07, 2010 7:29 pm

1. What type of services does Shaila likely perform there? I believe she does a wide array of things, I just can't quite remember them all. I believe in the past we discussed dancing, waitress, and keeping guys company in a purely nonsexual fashion. I kiiind of remember modeling clothes but am not sure.

2. What's the pay like, and what are some of the ranges of prices charged for the different services?

3. Where is the Silver Feather located?

Edit: 4. Who are some of the chief staff members? People Shai'd know, though I imagine she knows most of the employees there.

Chrystenise

Postby Chrystenise » Wed Apr 07, 2010 8:36 pm

Is Tarquin still banned from using the front entrance?

Tarquin has never truthfully been banned from using the front entrance. It's totally a ploy from Genise to generate 'sightings' of the man who would rip unsuspecting noble maiden's bodices in the dark of night. (hey, what they think he'll do and actually won't do are two differently dictated things from Genise's lips) This, in turn, has caused many a young noble lady to frequent the Feather in hopes of being one of the next to meet this dashing rogue. Gramma Fordragon still thinks he's silly.

1. What type of services does Shaila likely perform there? I believe she does a wide array of things, I just can't quite remember them all. I believe in the past we discussed dancing, waitress, and keeping guys company in a purely nonsexual fashion. I kiiind of remember modeling clothes but am not sure.

Shaila was originally hired as a showpiece employee. Those are the ones who stand around in awesome, showy clothes, fake smiles, and sensual mannerisms to add to the pleasing aesthetic of the place. Upon announcing to Genise that she is a woman of many skills, she was also promoted to being able to dance when excused from her main duties. Modelling, waitressing, greetings at the front entrance, and "non-sensual company" have also been added to her list of allowed duties.

2. What's the pay like, and what are some of the ranges of prices charged for the different services?

I've never really saw how the 'base economy' of Stormwind works. I assume, that much like DnD games, where a few coppers will feed a family for a day, and adventurers are rich as all get out, that Stormwind probably runs on a similar system. Average Joe Workingclass is likely not making 10-20 gold a week. (remember how hard it was to get 20g in vanilla? XD)

Instead of actual numbers, since I can't personally judge without probably being wrong, I will say that every employee of the Feather works for a base salary-per-day. Those who work a position where tips are common may see a lower base, but not enough to make the difference drastic. For a likely comparison, relate it to range from a real world job that awards between 30-50k annually, depending on experience and skill. Not exactly something to get rich on, but you'll live comfortably regardless. Genise is also VERY well known for constantly throwing bonuses at her employees. This usually comes in the form of gold, but all sorts of things from clothing, to animals (if she knows said employee is fond) to even paying for housing for a while once have been gave away.

Eye candy aside, it's a wonderful, but very competitive job. Everyone wants to get on top with Genise. (hurr hurr)

Services are actually a weird thing in the Feather, as most common things are not charged for. When someone spends the yearly fee of 1200 gold (100 per month, very stupidly expensive, and for a reason) for their membership, they're granted run-of-the-mill certain privileges, such as food, company (company men/women are usually well-tipped), watching the performances. It's when people begin wishing for special treatment that things cost extra. There's lodging upstairs, roughly twenty rooms that rent for 20 gold nightly - no hourly rates. Massage 'therapy' costs at 1 gold per hour, plus any tips to the masseuse. In a nutshell, if something seems exotic, have Shaila charge for it, and feel free to put a flippant price tag on it.

4. Who are some of the chief staff members? People Shai'd know, though I imagine she knows most of the employees there.

Genise hires pretty on the outside people, it's what the rich tend to want to look at. Feel free to make up employees on a whim. "Dana the Dancer' "Mickey the Waiter" ect. Employees come and go at a rather fast pace sometimes. It's a very flippant environment. But there are a few set in stone people there:

The Rusa Triplets: The Rusas are unidentical triplets, consisting of two brothers and their 'younger' sister. Rumor has it that Genise 'liberated' these three from a South Seas Trade Prince who had them as part of his harem, and in exchange, they agreed to work for her. Who knows if it's true? It's Genise. Rumor has it the three and Genise are involved in 'stuff', and I'd deny it, but can anything be denied with Genise?

Rusan: The 'oldest' of the three. He's tall, and very muscular. one would mistake him for a warrior of sorts if it wasn't for the flawless features of his chisled face, and the silky shine of his long, black hair. He's surprisingly soft-spoken, and more well-mannered than anyone could imagine. Needless to say, he's a favorite - and spends lots of his time at the front entrance, greeting women. He's especially revered on Toga Tuesday.

Rusana: No, Rusana is not the sister, bu the could be. Tall, slender, and usually clothed in a kimono-style robe, this young Rusa is highly feminine in the face, and is quite often mistaken as one of the pretty girls of the Feather. He likes it. He's also considered the one closest to Genise. Often, he's seen waiting on her hand and foot, tending to whatever needs. When not with Genise, he's often seen looming around the more entertainment driven areas of the Feather, especially the stage where theater and dance takes place. (Dance shows, that is. Not counting the podiums in which men and women dance during regular hours.) Rusana's hair is black as well, and very long. He might even look like a black-haired Sephiroth reject, if only Sephiroth were this pretty.

Rusanni the Dreamwalker: The little sister of the Rusas takes on more after Sana than San, mainly because she boasts long, black hair (usually kept in a loose tail) and very feminine features. Genise would probably be jealous were she not writing Rusanni's paycheck. Rusanni doesn't appear to do much on the staff-side of things, despite the fact she's actually Genise's advisor, and a really competent diviner via shadow magic. Rusanni's open claim to employment in the Feather is as a Wishmaker of sorts. People pay her a sum to put them in a trance, and project a magnificently real-seeming dream into their mind. People can become whatever they wish for a while, and when they awake, it usually takes them quite some time to come to terms with it being only a dream. Think Total Recall, I suppose! She's a favorite of the male patrons at the Feather - but it's been spoken by Rusanni herself that her virginity is the link to her powers. Sorry boys! (And Ilarra)

Laurie Marriedchick: Laurie Marizchek is the front desk girl of the Silver Feather. While the skinny brunette is considered attractive in her own way, she's a far cry from the average non-desk employee of the Feather. Some say she really is comparable, but the fact that she's openly married spoils the factors of her looks. She has a ridiculously friendly smile and voice, and loves to talk with prospective customers and members alike. Her name plate on the desk really does say Marriedchick.

Darron: Who knows his last name? Probably only he and Genise. What's important as that this near seven-foot tall, blonde-headed human is three times the badass as he is a hotass. this not-so-gentle giant is keen on throwing out unruly patrons, and has fun doing so.

I'll possibly add more along the way, and if you'd like a special NPC wrote up for a certain role, just post in the thread and I'll add one right quick!

Shaila

Postby Shaila » Sat May 01, 2010 7:47 am

Posting with permission from Geni.

Leonardo Josser: An wealthy elderly man who is 76 years old. He is a regular at the Silver Feather since his wife died, being a lonely man who decided to lead a more modest life once she passed away as he no longer wanted a huge house just for him and some servants. Initially he came simply for the pretty faces and the pleasant atmosphere, but now dedicates his visits solely to talking with Shaila. She reminds him of his deceased wife, and enjoys hearing about her exciting travels in far away places. Likewise, she enjoys how kind and soft spoken he is. Little does Shaila realize that he has actually named her as the sole inheritor of his considerable wealth...

Fells

Postby Fells » Sun May 02, 2010 11:08 pm

The Feather is the reason Fells finds massages acceptable and not absolute frouferau.

Chrystenise

Postby Chrystenise » Thu May 06, 2010 4:50 pm

Fells wrote:The Feather is the reason Fells finds massages acceptable and not absolute frouferau.

She's not being paid to say that either!

Fells, dear, you dropped this heavy bag...

Chrystenise

Postby Chrystenise » Wed May 19, 2010 5:37 pm

E.A.S.I.E. Employee Appreciation Satisfactory Interaction Earnings.

A system recently put into place by Genise to better reward her workers. (random rp can be so fun)

There's a catalog kept for customers to browse through. It's loaded with everything from simple chocolates and hair pins, all the way up to full outfits of clothing and jewelry. A customer satisfied with a certain employee may purchase an item from the catalog for said worker, as a gift of his appreciation, or pretty much a rather special tip. This also assists Genise in judging which employees are doing their job well, and which might be hurting things more than helping.

Zve

Postby Zve » Tue Feb 08, 2011 1:04 pm

Suppose you were a rich young man--very attractive, mind--with what might be called a coarse demeanor. How might you go about getting in to an establishment such as the Silver Feather?

Not that I have any particular interest. Just wondering.

Edit: Also suppose that you might be moonlighting as a wolfman. Just for flavor.

Lansiron

Postby Lansiron » Tue Feb 08, 2011 6:03 pm

Any penalties to Classiness incurred due to werewolfism is easily negated, if not surpassed, by the fact that you possess a top hat. Wear that and you're good.

Return to “Roleplay”