Four point Three.

[The description of this forum has been redacted to preserve player sanity. It may or may not involve Pandaren.]

Moderator: Guild Officer

Zve

Re: Four point Three.

Postby Zve » Wed Sep 21, 2011 2:31 pm

As long as we get a Kamehameha thrown in there, I'm good with it.

Shaila

Postby Shaila » Wed Sep 21, 2011 4:41 pm

I wish this was actually part of the storyline. Found this on the Something Awful boards.

Thrall: This is most heinous. Deathwing is kicking our righteous butts. We need something powerful to stop him with.

Malfurion: What about the Dragon Soul? That should be powerful enough to stop him!

Thrall: But that was destroyed years ago. We'd have to...

Both: Get it from the past!

Thrall: But Deathwing is destroying everything right now! we don't have time to...

Malfurion: Dude, we can travel through time! We have all the time in the world! After we kick his butt, we'll go back to the War of the Ancients, grab the soul, and put it where we can find it like right before we get here!

Thrall: Like say... In this tree stump!

*pulls the dragon soul out of a nearby stump*

Both: Excellent!

*Both start to air guitar as Nozdormu shows up in a phone booth and joins in*

Tarq

Postby Tarq » Wed Sep 21, 2011 6:29 pm

Yes. Fuck yes.
Now hang me by this golden noose
'Cause I never been nothin' but your golden goose
Silver tongue don't fail me now
And I'll make my way back to you somehow

Gryphonheart

Postby Gryphonheart » Wed Sep 21, 2011 7:55 pm

Kuoshiro wrote:...Then, from that bleak future, they must go back in time to the War of the Ancients to recover the Dragon Soul and bring it back to the present....

Nope, looking like you get the actual Dragon Soul and then you just hold Deathwing off long enough for Thrall to throw his Dragon Spirit Bomb at it...

I kind of read this as first we go to an alternate future, and then from that alternate future we can go to its past (i.e. an alternate past) in order to reclaim a version of the Dragon Soul that was just going to exist in a doomed world anyway. Of course, I'm usually wrong about these kinds of things, but I'm not going to dismiss the possibility until we have more definitive information.

By the by, Shaila, would that happen just before Bolvar pops up out of nowhere and says, "There must always be an Earthwarder" and pops on Deathwing's chin to complement his Lich King helmet?
My heroes had the heart to lose their lives out on the limb. All I remember is thinking I want to be like them.
Ever since I was little, ever since I was little, it looked like fun—And it's no coincidence I've come...And I can die when I'm done

Kuoshiro

Postby Kuoshiro » Wed Sep 21, 2011 8:00 pm

That would make sense, if it was from an alternate timeline, I guess, if you completely disregard the whole Dragon-Soul-Never-Works-On-Deathwing-By-Definition bit.

But that's at least some semblance of an explanation.

Zve

Postby Zve » Wed Sep 21, 2011 8:15 pm

My prediction--somehow out of all of this, Thrall becomes the new Earthwarder. They've beefed up his character up so much already, why not go for the gold?

Kyraine

Postby Kyraine » Wed Sep 21, 2011 8:51 pm

I hope he doesn't, even though it wouldn't surprise me. I could go on about Thrall, but yeah. I'll just say that a good way to really redeem the guy is if Blizz kills him off. You want him to be the one who uses the dragon soul? Then great, have it cost him his life. You don't pull that kind of power out of your ass without consequences, so maybe it's time for Thrall to pay a price for all of his uber-powers. Now that would be a badass twist on the character, Blizz.
░░░░░░███████ ]▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▃
▂▄▅█████████▅▄▃▂
I███████████████████].
◥⊙▲⊙▲⊙▲⊙▲⊙▲⊙▲⊙◤...

Kuoshiro

Postby Kuoshiro » Wed Sep 21, 2011 9:01 pm

Thrall's already listed as an Aspect, if you go back to Tarquin's post back there. Not much of a reach.

Gryphonheart

Postby Gryphonheart » Wed Sep 21, 2011 9:21 pm

Kuoshiro wrote:That would make sense, if it was from an alternate timeline, I guess, if you completely disregard the whole Dragon-Soul-Never-Works-On-Deathwing-By-Definition bit.

But that's at least some semblance of an explanation.

As I understand it, the Dragon Soul cannot be used to subjugate Deathwing like other dragons, but it doesn't seem like Thrall will be trying to control him, just use the power of the artifact to inflict major ouchies. So in that regard, I think it still makes sense.
My heroes had the heart to lose their lives out on the limb. All I remember is thinking I want to be like them.
Ever since I was little, ever since I was little, it looked like fun—And it's no coincidence I've come...And I can die when I'm done

Galedorin

Postby Galedorin » Wed Sep 21, 2011 10:48 pm

An alternate past from an Alternate future would bypass a whole lot of schenanigans and would establish Caverns of Time travel as a parallel rather than a divergent.

Or something. Brain is tired. Didn't think of that. Possibility of neatness.
Never tell people how to do things. Tell them what to do and they will surprise you with their ingenuity.

Return to “Spoilers”