omg

Miscellaneous babblings from the Wildfire Riders and friends!

Moderator: Guild Officer

Illithias

Re: omg

Postby Illithias » Wed Sep 28, 2011 10:26 pm

Point one: Legendaries are fucking difficult to get. To get them while they're relevant, you need the effort of a progression raid over a significant period of time to build even one. Even when they're not relevant, they require a fair amount of farming to drop, or to have them built. Most people aren't going to get orange pixels.

Point two: Most roles have been covered. Sulfuras was a two-handed DPS weapon. Thunderfury was a one-hander tanking weapon that was, by virtue of obscene numbers, also used for one-hander DPS, albeit not designed for that. Then we had a caster DPS staff. Then the Warglaive set for warriors and rogues - this time one-hander DPS weapons which could be used for tanking. Thori'dal the Legendary bow came next. Then the Val'anyr healing mace. Shadowmourne was another two-hander DPS weapon - which could've been used as a DK tanking weapon, of course. And finally this expansion we've got Dragonwrath, for DPS casters again. So most everything has been covered in one way or another. At this point, it makes sense them making more esoteric sets, say for DPS shaman or dagger rogues.

(note, I have ignored "trash" legendaries such as the Kael'thas fight ones, the Ateish chain sword, or the Legendary neck which dropped the one single time in MC)

Point three: Legendaries are supposed to be, well, Legendary. Difficult to get. Not dire epics, add +2d8 HP. And somewhat unique. Giving everyone a chance at legendaries each time they're added is really either diluting the concept down (why not just change a bunch of epics' colouring to orange and leave it at that) or otherwise creating twelve or so time more work for those involved in creating the items. Even if you're making the method/questing identical for each of this super everybody-gets-an-orange Legendaries, there is still modelling work, balancing, and other related resource drains that need to be expended. Quite frankly, I'd rather see that sort of thing go into other areas of the game.

tl;dr: people whining about Legendaries is one of the few things left which pisses me off about the game. Enough that I spend fifteen minutes writing a useless rant about it. But seriously folks (folks in general, not specific people on these forums/threads) - none of you are ever going to own a Legendary, stop complaining about them.

(I own a Legendary).
Last edited by Illithias on Wed Sep 28, 2011 10:30 pm, edited 1 time in total.
I am become Illithias, Destroyer of Worlds.

Dalbarr

Postby Dalbarr » Wed Sep 28, 2011 10:30 pm

The hunter legendary came out of Sunwell, probably the least completed raid ever. Oh well.

Gratz rouges!

Someday, legendary gun... *wistful sigh*

Galedorin

Postby Galedorin » Wed Sep 28, 2011 10:59 pm

And it will shoot Hemet Nesingwary's.
Never tell people how to do things. Tell them what to do and they will surprise you with their ingenuity.

Illithias

Postby Illithias » Wed Sep 28, 2011 11:02 pm

I've always wanted to wield a gnome rogue tied to the end of a long stick.

Fells

Postby Fells » Wed Sep 28, 2011 11:50 pm

Illi when I get my daggers you can pet my pretty pretty dargon wings

Illithias

Postby Illithias » Thu Sep 29, 2011 12:10 am

Fells, if you get if you ever actually manage to get those daggers...

I tell you what, Fells. If Fells gets those daggers before Illi gets laid ICly, I will straight out give you 10,000 gold. Adjusted for the inflation of whatever expansion we may be on by that time.

Fells

Postby Fells » Thu Sep 29, 2011 12:29 am

They have squid tentacles on them! I'll let you pet those too!

Illithias

Postby Illithias » Thu Sep 29, 2011 12:37 am

Fells wrote:They have squid tentacles on them! I'll let you pet those too!

That's... that's just creepy.

Fells

Postby Fells » Thu Sep 29, 2011 1:29 am

You know you want to.

Shaila

Postby Shaila » Thu Sep 29, 2011 5:16 am

Fells with dragon wings and squid tentacles is Fells at her hottest imo.

Zeve's a lucky guy.

Return to “General”