We may have to rethink the this forum's description...

[The description of this forum has been redacted to preserve player sanity. It may or may not involve Pandaren.]

Moderator: Guild Officer

Illithias

We may have to rethink the this forum's description...

Postby Illithias » Tue Aug 02, 2011 7:37 pm

I am become Illithias, Destroyer of Worlds.

Shaila

Re: We may have to rethink the this forum's description...

Postby Shaila » Wed Aug 03, 2011 3:49 am

Looking forward to hearing a "Fuckin' pandas" at some point in exileic.

Lansiron

Postby Lansiron » Fri Oct 21, 2011 2:12 pm

Oh.

Oh yes.

Pandamonium is upon us.

(You are hearing Mako laugh at the pun.)

Thoughts?

Kyraine

Postby Kyraine » Fri Oct 21, 2011 3:15 pm

I have to get home and look at all the stuff that's blocked at work, but I'm picking up a little bit off WoWhead's facebook feed. First reaction, based just off that...

Fuck pandas. Even if the monk class looks awesome (and I think it does, can we get another character slot please), I just can't get excited about Pandaren, especially not as the focus for an entire xpack. Maybe as an added race they'd be cool, if it was put together with a different xpack idea. What about the Emerald Dream? Having not seen the previews or listened to the panels, what I wrote might be a little premature, but this xpack doesn't grab me.

However this: Buy an annual pass for World of Warcraft and you'll get guaranteed access to beta test the fourth expansion, Mists of Pandaria, an exclusive Tyrael's Charger mount, and Diablo III for free!

Diablo III for free? And a PONY? Yes, plz.

Edited: So I was wrong about Pandaren being the main focus. I take it back. This:
Speaking on stage at BlizzCon, Metzen gave a brief introduction to the expansion pack, emphasizing that it will focus on the war between the game’s two main factions, rather than an external enemy.

“Red and blue are about to get it on,” Metzen said, “with a heavy ferocity that has not been seen since the days of Warcraft II.”

has POTENTIAL.
░░░░░░███████ ]▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▃
▂▄▅█████████▅▄▃▂
I███████████████████].
◥⊙▲⊙▲⊙▲⊙▲⊙▲⊙▲⊙◤...

Lansiron

Postby Lansiron » Fri Oct 21, 2011 3:35 pm

While I'm withholding judgment on the Pandaren themselves (look okay, but need more story/art), Pandaria looks amazing.

The zones themselves have always kind of been my biggest draw for every expansion. That's where the story is, that's where the atmosphere is, that's where the life is. To me, Wrath was Northrend, and Northrend was breathtaking both in environments and storylines. Cata was Vashj'ir, Deepholm, and Uldum. What they've shown of Pandaria does not disappoint in the slightest.

I'm okay with the idea that the tone here is meant to be slightly lighter. Dramatic plotlines are fine, but WoW has room for actual focus on slightly sillier stuff.

Oh, also: The pet battling system is literally Pokemon. I'm not even exaggerating.

Kuoshiro

Postby Kuoshiro » Fri Oct 21, 2011 4:06 pm

POKEMON

THE SWIFTBLADES ARE NOW THE ELITE FOUR

CLAIMING IT

Kyraine

Postby Kyraine » Fri Oct 21, 2011 4:14 pm

So a few more thoughts... If the zones look good and flow together well, that will help. For me it's always been a combo of storylines and zones. Cata isn't as great because to me, the story isn't as cohesive. That's why RP has really saved the game for me at this point. Wrath blew me away with the combo of Northrend and the storyline. So did TBC- getting to see the orc's homeworld was so much awesome, and I like the Draenei too.

I think the re-introduction of the Horde v. Alliance conflict is going to be interesting. Not having a big dramatic enemy like Deathwing or Arthas for one x-pack might be a nice change of pace. It's sort of like RP, you need some downtime in between big storylines. Maybe this xpack won't last as long as the others either. Blizz having everyone focused on fighting the other side might be opening a gateway for a war with something else. The Legion would probably love the opportunity to blindside the Horde and Alliance while they're focused on fighting each other.

Maybe more lore and background for Pandaria will change my mind about my original 'fuck pandas' impression. I'll have to see, I still have questions about this one. Now, I'm not slamming Blizz or saying all of this is going to be terrible. Some of the info that's coming out looks pretty damn interesting. The monk class will have a tank spec. I loves me some tanking, plus that new combat style of healing is something I want to try. Also, the pet battling system... now Blue can kill chickens for realz.
░░░░░░███████ ]▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▃
▂▄▅█████████▅▄▃▂
I███████████████████].
◥⊙▲⊙▲⊙▲⊙▲⊙▲⊙▲⊙◤...

Lansiron

Postby Lansiron » Fri Oct 21, 2011 4:21 pm

They need to do something crazy. They need to make the female pandaren to just be as big and fat as the dudes.

Yes, the "Bouncy" racial lends itself far too well to the obvious alternative to that. They can be both...of those things. You know what I mean. I'm just sayin', if you're going comedy, you need to go all the way.

Kuoshiro

Postby Kuoshiro » Fri Oct 21, 2011 4:56 pm

also the Riders are Team Rocket if this is Pokemon. Think about it.

Lans I will give you so much money to draw Tarquin in a Team Rocket shirt. The R clearly stands for Riders.

Lansiron

Postby Lansiron » Fri Oct 21, 2011 6:15 pm

New guild tabard imoz. There's a rocket icon in there somewhere.

Return to “Spoilers”